CO CO - Edward, 9, & Austin Bryant, 7, Colorado Springs, 2001-2003

I am just flabberghasted that cases like this continue to come to light.

These people were receiveing financial subsidies from DHS in El Paso County for all these years, and never once was there any sort of checks and balances that required them to proove up the children still were in there care??? I am assuming that they adopted these boys through the foster system or the boys had some sort of disability that qualified them for the subsidies. So in all these 10 years, complete with residence moves, out of state even, and apparently a separation - NO one, ever once questioned where are these children we are writing you checks for??

I agree peeples, it is all too familiar lately.

Sounds like they may have forged the documents.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/27140034/detail.html

"Linda Bryant, 54, faces two counts of felony theft, conspiracy, 46 counts of attempting to influence a public servant, 46 counts of offering a false instrument for recording and 46 counts of forgery.

Edward Bryant, 58, faces two counts of felony theft, conspiracy, 19 counts of attempting to influence a public official, 19 counts of offering a false instrument for recording and 19 counts of forgery."

Sounds like they may have forged the documents.

To me it reads as if the 46 counts for her and 19 counts for him have to do with presenting to a public official untrue information and recording false documents. Still doesn't really explain to me how this happened and no one followed up. The charges are coming out now because we now know these boys are off the radar for ten years.

My question is, how do ten years go by before this giant fraud and possible foul play to these children comes to light?

HI guys in one of the articles up above which I read, it said that they had nine adopted children. And then it also says somewhere that they had 5 living with them......if I was the authorities, I'd be checking every single child these people have adopted.....ie if 2 are missing what happened to the other 2? maybe they were older and left home.

btw, in order to apply for public assistance, you do not have to produce your children, all that is required is their social security cards and their birth certificates. Wonder if these charges stem from her presenting these documents all these years in an effort to get govt monies for these children when it looks as if she has not been providing care to these kids for at least ten years.

I have a very bad feeling these boys are dead and worse, I am very suspicious that there may be other children that have come to harm from these people. Some of the articiles present that they asserted to friends, family and neighbors that they had been long time foster parents and adopted numerous ones.

Oh my ... wonder how many children are really missing. Here are dated photos of the ones now in lock up:

Attachments

• Edward Bryant.png
    Edward Bryant.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Linda Bryant.png
    Linda Bryant.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 36
Austin and Edward are such handsome boys:

Attachments

• Austin and Edward.png
    Austin and Edward.png
    292.5 KB · Views: 34
So there may have been up to 9 children adopted by the Bryant's - wondering if they were all boys. Haven't seen any reference to any girls that may have been adopted. Why would anybody want to adopt just boys or am I reading too much into this. This is definately strange - why would some be allowed to live and some not. Strange indeed.

Just roaming thoughts.

New Update, Parents saying children ran away, gee that sounds familiar!

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Two_Children_Discovered_Missing_For_Up_To_A_Decade_117698873.html

On January 22, 2011 the El Paso County Sheriff's Office took a report of a suspicious incident involving the alleged disappearance of a child identified as Austin Bryant. Investigation into this matter revealed Austin was last seen sometime between 2003 and 2005

Edward is believed to have gone missing as early as 2001 when he would have been 9 years old.

Link has been Updated, lots more on these missing children!

According to the news report, its a homicide Investigation, children were abused, The ! what is wrong with people???? I hope they roast in He!!

Another sad story of abused and likely murdered adopted children:(

"... but was later pulled out, reportedly to be home schooled."

Here we go again!!!

I live in Gainesville. I want to know if there is somewhere I can read the arrest affidavit.

New Update, Parents saying children ran away, gee that sounds familiar!

But they were never reported, and they were pretty young to run away, and the 'parents' kept collecting the benefits. :liar:

7 and 9 year olds that just "run away" for no reason and oh, btw, I just never got around to reporting that?

I agree stillwaters,

:liar: indeed

Well, it looks like those boys never made the move, no matter which [something not even remotely related to parents] you belief. Hope LE is checking around the circle drive property for the bodies. Also might behoove them to check out if Mr. Bryant had a business location while living in the circle drive home, like a shop or somewhere he rented for his equipment or materials.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back