CO CO - Fremont Co., WhtFem, UP16427, 25-35, rose tattoo on hand, Jun'87

I read through all of the suggestions twice to make sure she hadn't been mentioned. Not sure how I missed it twice.

It's soooo easy to do :p That's why we're all here -- to keep each other from making embarrassing mistakes.

I'm not sure the discrepancies are enough to rule her out though. She might be worth submitting anyway just on the basis of the tats.

It's soooo easy to do :p That's why we're all here -- to keep each other from making embarrassing mistakes.

I'm not sure the discrepancies are enough to rule her out though. She might be worth submitting anyway just on the basis of the tats.

I'm going to start reading 3 times!!! I was going back and forth between two, so maybe I was reading the wrong one all along. Too many missing people and too many UIDs :(

I recently found that the CBI has a cold case database and have found a lady that I think might be the UID.

Georgia Lee Rohner

Colorado Cold Case Files - Case Detail: Georgia Rohner

Wow. I think you might be right. Nice find!

UID: 25-35 Rohner is 37, close enough.
UID: 5'1" to 5'5" Rohner is 5'2", in range.
UID: estimated 115-135 lbs. Rohner weighed 115, in range.
UID: hair color brown Rohner also has brown hair.

UID: rose tattoo on right hand. Rohner has a flower tattoo. CBI entry says left hand, Namus says right hand, Charley doesn't mention.

UID: found in Canon City, CO. Rohner is missing from Pagosa Springs, CO, about 200 miles away. Quite a distance, but on the main road in a part of the country where distances are vast.

There appears to be some uncertainty about the date when Rohner disappeared. Namus and the CBI site say Rohner was last seen November 1, 1986, while Charley says July 1986. The UID is estimated to have died in November 1986.

<modsnip: broken link>

Last edited by a moderator:
An article from 2017, not yet posted. Exhumation shows more evidence, but no answers in slaying of Jane Doe

"Jane Doe was discovered by hikers on June 20, 1987, in a remote area several hundred yards off an old mining road 13 miles north of the intersection of U.S. 50 and Phantom Canyon Road (Colorado 67).
She had been buried under a pile of human-placed rocks, but animals had scattered some of the bones. Battu recovered a short piece of rope that was tied in a loop with a square knot, which possibly had been used to bind Jane Doe’s hands"

"Among items recovered was jewelry consisting of six rings, two necklaces and an earring, as well as a key attached to her jeans by a large safety pin, a tube of lip balm, a nail file, a pack of cigarettes, a book of 7-Eleven matches and a packet of coffee creamer. There was no identification, so possibly the killer confiscated it"

"The forensic pathologist also was able to determine she had given birth, but no cause of death was determined"

Thinking there could be a possible match with a Californian Women, Monica Hibbs, they exhumed the body and did a second autopsy, but it turned out to be no match.

"However, new clues were revealed: the bones showed signs of knife wounds. Jane Doe had been stabbed several times in the back and neck area, from behind and from the front. She had defensive wounds on her right forearm, which indicated she tried to shield herself from her attacker"

“We have sent the remains to obtain DNA for an ID, and we are waiting on that,” King (Fremont County Sheriff’s Office Det. Dale King) said.

The "funny" thing is that this UID is still not entered in Namus.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

This Jane Doe has been entered into NamUs, it says the profile was created on March 16, 2017, but its only showing up right now.

There are no rule outs as of right now.

Thanks....the info in the Namus file is a little different from what we knew before...this is what is changed or added:

- Brown hair, specified: Long, light brown hair (was: brown)
- There is no picture of the recon we know
- Her age estimate is changed to 25 - 40 (was 25 - 35)
- Estimated PMI = 1 year (was: estimated Date of Death: November 1986/this means she could have been killed as early as June 1986)

- Near the body Safety pin with a key; Lapel pin from Lake Arrowhead, CA <the CA connection/Monica Hibbs from CA not being this Jane Doe/instead of "a key attached to her jeans by a large safety pin, the jeans was on the body btw">
- Levi 701 button fly pants size 26 W, 34 L; Blue leather waist-length jacket <details added>
- Brown leather western boots size 6.5 <size added>
- Emerald diamond ring; Cameo ring <no pictures of the jewelry/instead of "six rings, (including a mother ring) two necklaces and an earring, ">

No I never got the chance, if you would like to go ahead. I was apprehensive after her sister said that a lot of the info was out of character for her.

@Peppered_peach I know this was an old post. I think the family member was posting about Janet Brice (she called her Jan) not Georgia Rohner. Do you want to turn Geogia in as a potential match, I think she looks good.

Phantom Canyon Jane Doe has been unidentified for 33 years today.

@Peppered_peach I know this was an old post. I think the family member was posting about Janet Brice (she called her Jan) not Georgia Rohner. Do you want to turn Geogia in as a potential match, I think she looks good.
i second the opinion of submitting Georgia, who by the way has a NamUs page with a much better photo. I don't think she looks unlike the facial reconstruction either (though her hair is definitely a dark brown in the photos, im considering that the remains were out there in the sun for about a year). I would offer to try to submit but for some reason the CO government sites are blocked due to my location??

hey yall, I have another possibility where the rose tattoo is on the left, rather than the right, hand. Apart from that I think she could also be a good match. I don't think she's been mentioned on the thread yet.
Amanda Lee Fravel - last seen June 1986 (estimated death in 1986), 5'5" (5'5"), 110-115lbs (115lbs), 20 years old (estimated 25-40), Caucasian/Asian thought i think she appears very Caucasian, brown hair that has been dyed blonde (light brown hair), and a tattoo of a rose on the left hand (vs the right hand).
fravel_amanda6.jpg
531UFCO.jpg

<modsnip: WS does not condone contacting family members of MP>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members