CO CO - Fremont Co., WhtFem, UP16427, 25-35, rose tattoo on hand, Jun'87

Could she possibly be roxanne fleming missing from Canada? She was last seen in BC but RCMP tracked her last movements to Alberta.

I thought she might have been Bitter Creek Betty. There was another jane doe from California that was identified as an Indigenous woman from AB.

Indigenous folks can travel easily around the states closer to our border due to their Indigenous rights to land and reservations within the USA.

Could she possibly be roxanne fleming missing from Canada? She was last seen in BC but RCMP tracked her last movements to Alberta.

I thought she might have been Bitter Creek Betty. There was another jane doe from California that was identified as an Indigenous woman from AB.

Indigenous folks can travel easily around the states closer to our border due to their Indigenous rights to land and reservations within the USA.

For convenience a link https://www.cbc.ca/missingandmurdered/mmiw/profiles/roxanne-elaine-fleming

Candice Stevenson has been on a journey for 12 years to find out what happened to her birth mother, Roxanne Fleming.

“I hate to say it, but I didn’t pay much attention to it until 2003 because she was gone my whole life. I didn’t really think about it, right?” she said.

“And then her adoptive family put in a missing persons report so that’s when the police contacted me for information.”

Roxanne Fleming was born Rosanne Darcy Copeland.

She was given up for adoption in the first couple months of her life.

Her adoptive family first reported her missing to RCMP in British Columbia in 2003 — 21 years after she vanished.

Stevenson has no memories of her mother.

“I was only a year old when she was last seen.”

She’s faced an identity crisis more than once in her lifetime.

The one thing she holds on to is knowing Bonnie McDonald, the mother she grew up knowing, was who Roxanne chose to raise her.

“There’s nothing really comforting you can say,” McDonald said, referring to the struggles

she’s seen her daughter go through.

McDonald was close friends with Candice’s father.

He and Roxanne were going to get married, but he was killed in a work-related accident in April 1982.

etc.

That’s when she recalls Roxanne went in a downward spiral.

nice catch! her case is so sad.
Roxanne's CanadasMissing page;
Canada's Missing | Case details
height: 5'1" (though I've seen 5'1" to 5'4")
build: slender
teeth: protruding uppers
broken bones: right index finger (was fractured in 1982)
tattoo: rose and stem (location unknown)

showImage

Also... it was determined that this UID had given birth before, same as Roxanne o_O
If you're comfortable with it @Aurora90 , I think you should submit! Hopefully they're comparable.. I know Roxanne has DNA on file, but I'm not sure about the UID.

Also... it was determined that this UID had given birth before, same as Roxanne o_O
If you're comfortable with it @Aurora90 , I think you should submit! Hopefully they're comparable.. I know Roxanne has DNA on file, but I'm not sure about the UID.
I am trying to figure out how to do a side by side comparison... could it be her?

I will submit a tip.

An article from 2017, not yet posted. Exhumation shows more evidence, but no answers in slaying of Jane Doe

"Jane Doe was discovered by hikers on June 20, 1987, in a remote area several hundred yards off an old mining road 13 miles north of the intersection of U.S. 50 and Phantom Canyon Road (Colorado 67).
She had been buried under a pile of human-placed rocks, but animals had scattered some of the bones. Battu recovered a short piece of rope that was tied in a loop with a square knot, which possibly had been used to bind Jane Doe’s hands"

"Among items recovered was jewelry consisting of six rings, two necklaces and an earring, as well as a key attached to her jeans by a large safety pin, a tube of lip balm, a nail file, a pack of cigarettes, a book of 7-Eleven matches and a packet of coffee creamer. There was no identification, so possibly the killer confiscated it"

"The forensic pathologist also was able to determine she had given birth, but no cause of death was determined"

Thinking there could be a possible match with a Californian Women, Monica Hibbs, they exhumed the body and did a second autopsy, but it turned out to be no match.

"However, new clues were revealed: the bones showed signs of knife wounds. Jane Doe had been stabbed several times in the back and neck area, from behind and from the front. She had defensive wounds on her right forearm, which indicated she tried to shield herself from her attacker"

“We have sent the remains to obtain DNA for an ID, and we are waiting on that,” King (Fremont County Sheriff’s Office Det. Dale King) said.

The "funny" thing is that this UID is still not entered in Namus.

I’m thinking the Uid worked at 7-11.
She may have just opened up the store,
And was making coffee when she was attacked. Which would explain the coffee creamer.

Someone may have watched her open the store and followed her inside.
Or someone perhaps an another employee was already in the store waiting for her.

However stabbing is alot more personal than just shooting someone or strangling.

So I don’t think a random perpetrator would stab someone that many times.
Uid probably knew the killer… and it says he may have took her identification as well indicating that he did not want her to be identified.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's strange. I thought I got a reply from a detectice who said this jane doe has been ruled out as Roxanne Flemming...

Hello *****,

I just wanted to advise you that I spoke with the Coroner’s Office in Colorado and the unidentified person is confirmed not to be Roxanne Fleming.

Thanks for reaching out though

After looking at my inbox, I was right. She has been ruled out. I guess it's just not been made public.

Hello *****,

I just wanted to advise you that I spoke with the Coroner’s Office in Colorado and the unidentified person is confirmed not to be Roxanne Fleming.

Thanks for reaching out though

After looking at my inbox, I was right. She has been ruled out. I guess it's just not been made public.
Thank you. And there is this

I contacted Sandy Curry of the San Diego County Sheriff's Dept Homicide Division.

She says that their Forensic Odontologist already compared Cynthia Coleman's dental records against this UID, and ruled her out.

Todd Matthews says that the DoeNet people submitted this possible to LE back in 2008. He says that there was a rule-out, but he doesn't know what the basis was for the rule-out.

He also said that he will check back with the RSA for Colorado to see whether they can get this UID into NamUs.
The last post is about Donna Croce

20 June 1987 White female aged 25-40, 5'5" and 115lbs. The victim was located at CR 67, 13 miles north of Highway 50.

She had long, light brown hair and a tattoo on the back of the right hand of a rose with the stem running between the fist and second fingers. She was wearing Brown leather western boots size 6.5, Levi 701 button fly pants size 26 W, 34 L; Blue leather waist-length jacket, Emerald diamond ring; Cameo ring, Safety pin with a key; Lapel pin from Lake Arrowhead, CA.

1 Missing Persons Exclusion as of 10/30/22
Georgia Lee Rohner MP25966

NAMUS link

Last edited:
The tattoo was probably not clear because of the PMI/skeletal remains and there for it's IMO hard to tell if the tattoo was older or rather new. Maybe the tattoo was made after this woman went missing? It's sad nobody came forward yet since there is a good description of her belongings and the clay recon is also pretty good. I've seen far worse.

1667232785022.png

The tattoo was probably not clear because of the PMI/skeletal remains and there for it's IMO hard to tell if the tattoo was older or rather new. Maybe the tattoo was made after this woman went missing? It's sad nobody came forward yet since there is a good description of her belongings and the clay recon is also pretty good. I've seen far worse.

View attachment 376976
Coloradoan here, due to the altitude and lack of moisture a lot of bodies here will partially or completely mummify. It is still the desert after all. If her hand was exposed it very well may have mummified and "preserved" the tattoo.

Coloradoan here, due to the altitude and lack of moisture a lot of bodies here will partially or completely mummify. It is still the desert after all. If her hand was exposed it very well may have mummified and "preserved" the tattoo.
Hello Coloradoan :) I agree, the tattoo was preserved. Other wise they wouldn't have known it was there. What I tried to say is that they probably couldn't figure out if this was an older tattoo (she had already for a longer time) or a freshly/recently made one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back