Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she meant to kill him. But we can't even theorize on what happened Sunday night. She may have had a whole bunch of complex emotions and stress going on by that night, which was set off by seeing a possible disaster in the house, which could have caused a lot of damage or harm to everyone else. Then a fateful push, shove, into an object, or a blow from her own hands. We don't know.
I just don't see any reason she would have had to be "jealous" of biomom. I think she was completely po'd that biomom was in her house, and that her own husband was treating her badly. But even those last emotions came after Gannon was dead.

BBM...if she didn't mean to kill Gannon, had she not lied about "going to a friends" & was truthful from the beginning, could this have been a different charge? (Pardon my ignorance, just looking up accidental dealth Colorado Law)
Child Abuse: How It Is Penalized under Colorado Law

This could be from blood loss too.

I agree,I lost quite a hefty amount of blood(just 1 or 2 points away from needing a transfusion) after my third child was born and I could barely walk from one end of the couch to the other for a good few days,I've never felt so weak and breathless before or since.

And now we know for sure that RD's camera was fully capable of picking up voices and other sounds from the front of the Stauch house. I wouldn't be surprised if it also picked up any loud noises from the garage and possibly even other parts of the house.

Yeah,hes definitely telling us to read between the lines on mondays footage. What did he hear?? :(

Yes I do.
Not unusual for kids to not tell on an abusive parent out of fear. And if he was away as much as TS complains he was away it all occurred while he was away. When she had the most power and control. Moo

I agree 100%. I don’t think any blame should be put on Al. He is living life’s worst nightmare. And by the off chance he did know a minute something, multiply that nightmare. Maybe he did start realizing she was off (I doubt murder or physical abuse ever entered his mind) and he was planning on leaving. My husband is a wonderful father, but the fact is he’s at work all day and when he’s home it’s fun time with the kids. They perk up when he walks in the door. I’m definitely much more in tune with their emotions just based on being with them more. I bet Gannon felt pure joy seeing his dad.

Yes I do.
Not unusual for kids to not tell on an abusive parent out of fear. And if he was away as much as TS complains he was away it all occurred while he was away. When she had the most power and control. Moo

I agree 100%.

I don’t think any blame should be put on Al. He is living life’s worst nightmare. And by the off chance he did know a minute something, multiply that nightmare. Maybe he did start realizing she was off (I doubt murder or physical abuse ever entered his mind) and he was planning on leaving. My husband is a wonderful father, but the fact is he’s at work all day and when he’s home it’s fun time with the kids. They perk up when he walks in the door. I’m definitely much more in tune with their emotions just based on being with them more. I bet Gannon felt pure joy seeing his dad.

My take away was that LE showed As through Luminol and a black light..
and the pooling of the blood really freaks me out..
I was stuck on a possible internal bleed out or gash/cut.
I never considered the nosebleed since my 2 oldest get them frequently and I have never seen blood pool..
But, I do see now that there is a possibility ..
It just really seems sinister to me.
If Gannon had prior nosebleeds I don’t think they were the ones our children normally get spontaneously.
The other day my son was out playing with kids and as he was running from them he ran into a bush and a branch went up his nose and must have caused some kind of injury because there was blood everywhere! All over his face, clothes, the deck, and through the house. Lots of blood, a pool of blood. And he wouldn’t stop bleeding for about an hour.
So I think it is possible that Gannon had prior nosebleeds but I think they were the result of injuries inflected by TS. I do believe LE found blood throughout the home as TS said because I think there will be evidence of prior abuse. It wasn’t all from that one night. Moo

Morning, all!

giphy.gif

Here for Gannon!!

It's true that only one bike is seen in the garage in the MSM video of Day 3 (I believe it is). There's a pink girl's bike, and space next to it for a boy's bike. Maybe TS was going to say that Gannon ran away on his bicycle. Probably did say that at one point. To someone who wondered where the bike was.

I have wondered since learning TS went to Play It Again Sports, if Gannon's bicycle was sold (or traded) there. The mention of "looking for a bicycle" for AS, and helping the Girls to get their bicycles out of the garage for their trip to Dollar Tree..... perhaps one of these statements had a small bit of truth regarding bicycles? Only she wasn't looking for a bike to buy- she was looking for a way to get rid of one. We don't know what the video may show, other than what was released. Is it possible Gannon's bike was loaded into the truck before she and Gannon left?

My take away was that LE showed As through Luminol and a black light..
and the pooling of the blood really freaks me out..
I was stuck on a possible internal bleed out or gash/cut.
I never considered the nosebleed since my 2 oldest get them frequently and I have never seen blood pool..
But, I do see now that there is a possibility ..
It just really seems sinister to me.
My elderly father in his final years fell a lot! Once he fell hitting the bridge of his nose on the fireplace hearth and nearly cut his nose off. By the time I got to him there was a huge puddle of blood. Another time he fell in the middle of the night walking to the bathroom slid and hit his head on the door frame, once again a puddle of blood, not as big as the fireplace incident. I'm thinking a possible head injury, she could have hit him with something or hit him and he fell into something.

Yeah,hes definitely telling us to read between the lines on mondays footage. What did he hear?? :(
I think it might be Sunday nights footage that is what made AS break down and cry. AS said she lied but we don’t know which lie he is referring to as there are many. Initially I assumed it was that he never went to a friends house but he could have asked her if she hurt him and she said no and that’s the lie he refers to. Sunday night audio might be the lie that caused him to break down. I’m very concerned that what we see and hear on that video the night before GS disappeared will be extremely disturbing. Jmo

@LightandReason , you are spot on in your assessment. Superficially, it is easy to think, TS had no reason to be jealous. But then you are deceived by her false image. Deep insecurity breeds jealousy and resentment, the foundation of a narcissistic personality.
I agree. There is a long history between TS and LH. So much we don’t know about. Her deep rooted feelings towards LH started many years ago. TS could have felt she always came in second place to LH even before AS. Then you add the affair and being the other woman and well ya u add a whole layer of insecurities. Am I more beautiful, does he love me more, am I a better mother? Etc etc etc. I think she has spent a good part of her life comparing herself to and competing against LH.
And I wonder if she saw too much of LH in Gannon. Moo

BBM...if she didn't mean to kill Gannon, had she not lied about "going to a friends" & was truthful from the beginning, could this have been a different charge? (Pardon my ignorance, just looking up accidental death Colorado Law)
Child Abuse: How It Is Penalized under Colorado Law

That's a great question. I wondered about it myself yesterday when I was reading the legal definition (here) of her exact charges:

• First Degree Murder 18-3-102(1)(f)) A person commits the crime of murder in the first degree if: The person knowingly causes the death of a child who has not yet attained twelve years of age and the person committing the offense is one in a position of trust with respect to the victim.

• Child Abuse Resulting in Death §18-6-401(1)(a), (7)(A)(I) A person commits child abuse if such person causes an injury to a child's life or health, or permits a child to be unreasonably placed in a situation that poses a threat of injury to the child's life or health, or engages in a continued pattern of conduct that results in malnourishment, lack of proper medical care, cruel punishment, mistreatment, or an accumulation of injuries that ultimately results in the death of a child or serious bodily injury to a child. - Where death or injury results, the following shall apply: When a person acts knowingly or recklessly and the child abuse results in death to the child, it is a class 2 felony except as provided in paragraph (c) of this subsection (7).

• Tampering with a Deceased Human Body, §18-8-610.5 A person commits tampering with a deceased human body if, believing that an official proceeding is pending, in progress, or about to be instituted and acting without legal right or authority, the person willfully destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes, or alters a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings.

• Tampering with Physical Evidence, §18-8-610(1)(a) A person commits tampering with physical evidence if, believing that an official proceeding is pending or about to be instituted and acting without legal right or authority, he: Destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes, or alters physical evidence with intent to impair its verity or availability in the pending or prospective official proceeding

Clearly LE believes and must have some kind of evidence to back this up, that she knowingly and recklessly abused him to death.
According to the definition of the charges, it could have been a single injury, or it could have been an accumulation of injuries.
But there isn't a single exception that allows for a lesser or different charge, if she claims she "didn't mean to" or that it was an accident.
She was still in a position of trust in his life (him being a minor under the age of 12), and she recklessly and knowingly abused him, and he died.

That's still first degree murder, regardless of her intentions.

jmo

Local media file motion to unseal Letecia Stauch’s arrest affidavit

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KDVR) — FOX31 and Channel 2 joined a large group of Colorado media organizations requesting Letecia Stauch’s arrest affidavit be unsealed.

The motion was filed Monday afternoon by Denver-based attorney Steven D. Zansberg. It requests the court orders the affidavit to be unsealed.

Zansberg requested the court allow the media petitioners to be heard on the matter “at the earliest practical time.”
Continued at link

We should all, individually, file supporting motions. :)

Academy D-20 rescinded job offer to Letecia Stauch after stepson went missing

Looks like the school district rescinded job offer AFTER Gannon went missing on Jan. 29. New report.

Fascinating. So count that out as a motivating stressor, but holy crap, imagine the 1-2 punch of realizing your perfect crime wasn't so perfect AND you're unemployed and likely unemployable. There goes that easy life you were looking for. No Casey Anthony for you, no Baez, no acquittal, no media spotlight, just prison.

That's a great question. I wondered about it myself yesterday when I was reading the legal definition (here) of her exact charges:

• First Degree Murder 18-3-102(1)(f)) A person commits the crime of murder in the first degree if: The person knowingly causes the death of a child who has not yet attained twelve years of age and the person committing the offense is one in a position of trust with respect to the victim.

• Child Abuse Resulting in Death §18-6-401(1)(a), (7)(A)(I) A person commits child abuse if such person causes an injury to a child's life or health, or permits a child to be unreasonably placed in a situation that poses a threat of injury to the child's life or health, or engages in a continued pattern of conduct that results in malnourishment, lack of proper medical care, cruel punishment, mistreatment, or an accumulation of injuries that ultimately results in the death of a child or serious bodily injury to a child. - Where death or injury results, the following shall apply: When a person acts knowingly or recklessly and the child abuse results in death to the child, it is a class 2 felony except as provided in paragraph (c) of this subsection (7).

• Tampering with a Deceased Human Body, §18-8-610.5 A person commits tampering with a deceased human body if, believing that an official proceeding is pending, in progress, or about to be instituted and acting without legal right or authority, the person willfully destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes, or alters a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings.

• Tampering with Physical Evidence, §18-8-610(1)(a) A person commits tampering with physical evidence if, believing that an official proceeding is pending or about to be instituted and acting without legal right or authority, he: Destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes, or alters physical evidence with intent to impair its verity or availability in the pending or prospective official proceeding

Clearly LE believes and must have some kind of evidence to back this up, that she knowingly and recklessly abused him to death.
According to the definition of the charges, it could have been a single injury, or it could have been an accumulation of injuries.
But there isn't a single exception that allows for a lesser or different charge, if she claims she "didn't mean to" or that it was an accident.
She was still in a position of trust in his life (him being a minor under the age of 12), and she recklessly and knowingly abused him, and he died.

That's still first degree murder, regardless of her intentions.

jmo

All charges together makes sense. I was personally just trying to wrap my head around the "possibility" that his death was an accident. Had LS not removed or tried to cover up the events of the day, giving explanations for everything...perhaps even say that he fell, hit his head, didn't think it was serious enough to take to urgent care & Gannon passed in bed while resting.
I'm not suggesting it was an accident, just exploring the possibility for a different scenario. Accidental death (as I just described) doesn't seem as harsh in the judicial system.
All my opinion, and likely rambling with not enough caffeine in my system

All charges together makes sense. I was personally just trying to wrap my head around the "possibility" that his death was an accident. Had LS not removed or tried to cover up the events of the day, giving explanations for everything...perhaps even say that he fell, hit his head, didn't think it was serious enough to take to urgent care & Gannon passed in bed while resting.
I'm not suggesting it was an accident, just exploring the possibility for a different scenario. Accidental death (as I just described) doesn't seem as harsh in the judicial system.
All my opinion, and likely rambling with not enough caffeine in my system

Oh I've been trying to wrap my head around the exact same (that's why I looked up the definitions of the charges).
Despite knowing better, I guess I still just want to believe it wasn't intentional.

I don't think she meant to kill him. But we can't even theorize on what happened Sunday night. She may have had a whole bunch of complex emotions and stress going on by that night, which was set off by seeing a possible disaster in the house, which could have caused a lot of damage or harm to everyone else. Then a fateful push, shove, into an object, or a blow from her own hands. We don't know.
I just don't see any reason she would have had to be "jealous" of biomom. I think she was completely po'd that biomom was in her house, and that her own husband was treating her badly. But even those last emotions came after Gannon was dead.
People who emotionally and verbally abuse children are wired wrong. She had her “friend’s” husband and children. A series of failed jobs and hints of selfishness and materialistic habits. I lived with someone like that...the rage and desire for revenge for any narcissistic injury is extreme. Gannon might have spilled his milk and when she got mad said “I wish I lived with my real mom”. Even something that small would be a major trigger. If bio mom ever criticized Tee in any fashion it would be remembered. Once Gannon “ran away” the spotlight was supposed to be on Tee. They need ALL the attention. IMO based on 12 years living with a dark narcissist who still has it out for various “enemies” for things like “laughing at him”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici