Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys ever go back and see what you wrote on a post and cringe? I said unthawed in my last post. Unthawed?I don't even know where I got that. So still frozen? Ugh, I barely slept last night between life stress and then reading about GS right before I fell asleep. I woke up from nightmares a couple times before I just gave up on sleep. I promise I am not that dense .

The rental we know about makes me wonder if GS wasn't stored in there with all the evidence. She goes to the airport in her SUV, rents the car. Goes out and moves everything into the rental and leaves it at the airport. Picks up AS in her SUV and never mentions the rental. Later that day she picks a fight about LH staying there and says she will just leave then and goes back to get the rental. Drives all over leaving evidence and hides GS somewhere and then returns the rental and picks her car back up thinking it is going to be fine. But then she learns of the video and sees how everyone suspects her and decides she is going to have to go back and get him. She spends days coming up with a plan on how to try to either disappear him forever or frame LH and eventually leaves Colorado with him. The u-haul idea is plausible to me. If she hid him among belongings and he had been basically frozen nobody may have suspected. I think at some point she parted ways with whoever she was traveling with or she was always alone. I could see her telling whoever it was that she was going to take a detour to visit someone and get her mind off things and for them to continue on to SC without her. She takes GS to Florida and the other person has no idea they were helping move a dead body. The police did say they collected evidence in SC. Wonder if it was belongings that were packed alongside GS or even an actual U-haul confiscated. I have no doubt it is going to be even crazier than any of us can imagine.

Last edited:
I just don’t get how she pulled off such a brutal crime, hid the body, moved it after that amount of time, all the way across several states, was able to leave him at that spot, and didn’t get caught. And LE didn’t know her movements.

Stunning.

And a ton of new charges were tacked on, but none include carrying a deceased person across state lines. Which does make one go hmmmmm...

Th
H
This is similar to the kyron Gorman case about 10 years ago, he to was living with his dad and stepmom. She takes him to school.and he is never seen again . it seems like the kids who this happens to are never living with.
Their bio mom. I.am not at all judging Gannons parents my heart breaks for them, but there is noooo way my child wouldn't be living with me, no one would take care of that child better then me, I would never trust another woman to raise my child just because she is married to my ex. These were not weekend visits, these boys had been living with stepmom for years
No Way.
It goes both ways...

This is the same story as Gannon's, with genders reversed... Maleah's mother was out of town, Maleah was left with the boyfriend/stepdad, he resented having to take care of someone else's child and killed her in a fit of rage, disposed of her body in another state, and made up a story to explain her disappearance.
Maleah Davis' dad attacks suspect in daughter's death during court hearing

Where did TS say that? I'm not doubting you, I just don't remember that she was ever that "specific" as to time. And I've been wondering about AS's arrival time (and place) for a long time.
Wasn't it the interview she did with Leigh Egean? She said something about explaining to her husband they needed the rental to look for Gannon so that if Gannon saw them he wouldn't hide from them because he knew he was in trouble.

Thank you, I see what you are saying now. Those rocks would be pretty difficult to walk on carrying a heavy object!

Couldn't he have been dropped from the bridge (road on the left) and landed below? Seems easier tha going over the guardrail and lugging him several feet.

Spencer Wilson had some interesting tweets this morning regarding who was with LS at her backwards interview (2 "Aunts," HH, and a young man whom Spencer assumed was a relative but wasn't sure.)

When asked, Spencer also says that there was a moving truck driven by the young man and a 4 door style red car that LS was riding in. They all left together with the red car in the lead & the moving van following. o_Oo_Oo_O

So....(Speculation) Could LS have driven the red car (trackable rental) part of the way to TX (?) followed by the moving truck driven by the young man. Part way they switch vehicles, with the red car continuing on to SC and LS driving the (untrackable) moving truck containing Gannon's body, in a suitcase, to the dumping spot in FL? After dumping the suitcase, LS turns the moving van in to a local Uhaul and rents a car or gets picked up to continue on to SC. Also guessing that the moving van was rented by someone else (the young man).....LS would've given them a sob story about how AS threw her out & she had no money (lies!) and asked one of them to rent it for her.

(All speculation by me based on info from Spencer Wilson, and the fact that LE wasn't able to locate Gannon's body in FL) **Need to find out exactly who each of those people were! HH would know!
Someone had posted that TS said in an interview "He's probably out of state right now". I do remember that and thought it was odd. Now I am wondering who was driving the van (the young man)? This could indicate she might have had help from someone if all these people were with her. Yes, I would like to know who these people are. A man could easily carry a suitcase over the guardrail. Of course, this is pure speculation on my part.

Where did TS say that? I'm not doubting you, I just don't remember that she was ever that "specific" as to time. And I've been wondering about AS's arrival time (and place) for a long time.
I believe it was in the Interview with Leigh. I also remember a poster checking on flights incoming but certainly not verified.

JMO

TS tells us she rented the car and that she and AS left in it.

I'm going to wager that AS knew NOTHING of that rental until learning it from LE.

JMO JMO JMO

I recently followed a case that had a large witness list. Come trial only a handful testified. I think the prosecution lists everyone and anyone they think may help their case, then narrows it down when they get closer to trial and focuses on their plan of action. I'm sure you seasoned WS'rs know that but I'm just throwing that out there in case there are any new folks.

And a ton of new charges were tacked on, but none include carrying a deceased person across state lines. Which does make one go hmmmmm...
She tampered with the body by moving it, which falls under what she’s already been charged with.

Crossing state lines would be some sort of a Federal charge, which is outside the scope of the Colorado state charges.

I think she threw that suitcase over the rail in the lanes OPPOSITE of where the vehicles are parked in that circulated LE photo. This is heading east on 90 out of Pensacola just over the Escambia River. The photo with the LE vehicles would be on the left in this frame, down below, as the oncoming lanes are much lower.
View attachment 239569

Here's a wider view, the "10" is near where I believe Gannons body was found. Right where there is a slight bend in the road, and a decent distance from the river. She would likely have been traveling east, which in this photo is the right side two lanes. She crossed the river, stopped alongside the road, and threw his body over the left lane rail. MOO

View attachment 239570

Agreed!

IMO she will adapt quite well in Prison. Her "type" typically do. Others may try to make it tough for her but she strikes me as a fighter. Eventually she will have her own circle, those she can manipulate and those who fear her. Pathetic life if u ask me but to her probably not so much. Her needs she thrives on will once again be met. Manipulation, power and control. IMO

She may end up Queen of Prison if they don't watch her carefully. In fact, she'll probably modulate her behavior in order to do that. She will be quite scary to others. She will attempt to seduce everyone - emotionally, sexually, intellectually, etc. She will present herself as a "doctor" and act as teacher/therapist to the others. Hopefully, the prison will put a kabash on all that. They've seen it many times.

She isn't treatable in any traditional sense of the word. IMO, she's also completely empty inside, without any moorings in a real identity or set of morals. While she was the wife of Albert, she behaved as a military wife does (while simultaneously lying about her education and her jobs, IMO). But the instant he started to move away from her psychologically, she turned viciously on him and revealed that without the structure of their life together, she is pretty much an archetypal Monster - the kind that sucks everything into its maw, with machine-like qualities that no one would usually describe as human.

Cellphones, selfies, Apple watches and switches, car GPSs, rental GPSs, neighbor's security camera footage, CCTV --

If TS really did have a passing interest in crime stories, she must've been watching Forensic Files, 1970s edition.

Her idiocy did complicate things in terms of data collection and manpower hours, but her 1970s cleverness isn't going to carry her in 2020.

Bracing myself for the arrest warrants, when they come.

We haven't seen full ugly yet.

Hard to believe, because she's shown us plenty of ugly already.

JMO JMO JMO

I believe it was in the Interview with Leigh. I also remember a poster checking on flights incoming but certainly not verified.

Thanks. I do remember that post and as I recall, the flight into CS arrived around 9:30-10ish and the ones to Denver were closer to noon. I didn't remember TS saying AS arrived "late" morning with Leigh.

You guys ever go back and see what you wrote on a post and cringe?
Heck yeah! I just had a real doozy a short while ago. It was a deer hunting post, LOL!

"Character is revealed when an error is realized."
I just stand corrected, admit the mistake, make amends ... then move on.
@Kismet7 , you have lots of company :D

Dumb luck. I couldn’t figure out how the hell they were able to arrest her for murder so fast, especially without a body.

It helps to have a stunningly reckless and stupid criminal, and a tremendous amount of resources at your disposal.

I’ve never seen a witness list that long, or heard of that many warrants executed in such a short period of time.

She had a head start, and kept on moving. It only delayed the inevitable though.
It’s like they stumble into a moment of smart in one aspect of the crime, or, they benefit from a perfect alignment of circumstances that results in success, however temporary.

I’m guessing the house indicated a serious crime, I would bet that at least one minor in the home also gave information that contributed to the picture, and her Apple watch stupidity led LE to an area where they may have found evidence of a second crime, and perhaps revealed a body had been there. They had to have had evidence of serious harm, or even death, beyond a sock and a piece of wood. Otherwise, I don’t see Dan May signing off.

I wasn’t on board with the moved body scenario, because I didn’t think she was that ambitious beyond her desired goal of murder, but here we are. I just find it amazing that she did such high risk things, but these types all seem to share that crazy trait. We don’t understand it because we would never cross the series of lines these people cross. It’s one thing to cross the first line, but she did subsequent multiple leaps and hand springs, and across a big section of geography.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vymocycy