Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that LS' defense has filed a notice that the DA cannot obtain records of confidential information pertaining to drug and/or alcohol addiction treatment or confidential military records.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/20CR1358/001/D2 Notice of Invocation of all Statutory Case Law and Constitutional Privileges.pdf

Makes me wonder if LS had a problem with drugs and/or alcohol.
I just looked at the Frazee filings, and they are almost a carbon copy.

This is just standard procedure/language, and not necessarily indicative of a drug or alcohol problem.

HH is a victim. EVEN IF it is revealed in the course of things that she helped her mom somehow destroy evidence or worse. She is a minor and was at the mercy of the one biological parent she has left. I shudder to think about what she has been subjected to over the years being raised by a manipulative psychotic terrible person. (Sounds as if she is afflicted in some form with Borderline Personality Disorder) How scary it must have been. MOO. But I feel for HH. No one wants such a terrible thing to happen to an innocent kid. And now her life is turned upside down by LS actions too. At an age where she will be needing support to begin living on her own, or whatever the next life stage she will be transitioning to after high school. Poor thing. Not to diminish the pain of Gannon's loved ones which is far worse.

I need to remember in this thread and future threads that this is about Gannon.
That said, there is a lot to discuss from the AA.

I am neither for nor against HH ; but want justice for this boy who died most likely an atrocious death.
Anyone that had knowledge beforehand and has been deceptive to LE needs to answer for their decisions and/or inaction.
It would be interesting to know just who was in that 'caravan' of vehicles that showed up prior to the Spencer/cousin Itt interview.
Imo.

HH is a victim. EVEN IF it is revealed in the course of things that she helped her mom somehow destroy evidence or worse. She is a minor and was at the mercy of the one biological parent she has left. I shudder to think about what she has been subjected to over the years being raised by a manipulative psychotic terrible person. (Sounds as if she is afflicted in some form with Borderline Personality Disorder) How scary it must have been. MOO. But I feel for HH. No one wants such a terrible thing to happen to an innocent kid. And now her life is turned upside down by LS actions too. At an age where she will be needing support to begin living on her own, or whatever the next life stage she will be transitioning to after high school. Poor thing. Not to diminish the pain of Gannon's loved ones which is far worse.

I need to remember in this thread and future threads that this is about Gannon.
That said, there is a lot to discuss from the AA.

I am neither for nor against HH ; but want justice for this boy who died most likely an atrocious death.
Anyone that had knowledge beforehand and has been deceptive to LE needs to answer for their decisions and/or inaction.
It would be interesting to know just who was in that 'caravan' of vehicles that showed up prior to the Spencer/cousin Itt interview.
Imo.

Any thoughts on how LE will incorporate the discovery of Gannon's body in Florida? In the AA it was stressed that they believed LS disposed of him in the area where the board was found.

I'm at a loss to understand the next step. Help me out guys!
They’ll just add that to their case. They were just unaware that she moved him at that point, and it will certainly be part of the trial proceedings.

They thought his remains had likely been scattered, probably by an animal. Ironically, they weren’t wrong.

The investigation doesn’t stop just because charges are filed, and their case has only gotten stronger since then.

I read that a year or 2 prior to Kyron Horman going missing the stepmom tried to hire someone to kill the husband. After reading this AA, I wouldn’t put it past LS to do the same to AS. Enter “Eguardo?”

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

The AA predates GS body recovered in Florida, and obviously before investigators had any credible information leading them to Florida.

The AA was actually to support that GS was a victim of homicide -- killed by AS in his bedroom located in El Paso County, Co.

There was evidence of AS traveling to Douglas County, as well as a particleboard located there with blood confirmed to belong to GS.

The first-degree murder charge would have gone forward as written-- whether or not GS body was ever located. According to the AA, it appears investigators believed that animals probably scattered GS remains.

The Florida details will now be used to support the Tampering with a deceased human body (18-8-610.5), and Tampering with physical evidence (18-8-610(1)(a)) charges outlined in the complaint.

MOO
LS not AS
Durned confusing initials!!

In the AA, #18, it says TS called 911 at 1855 (6:55) to report GS missing. She was advised by the operator to call the non-emergency line for El Paso Co. So whatever delays there were, weren't her doing if the AA report is accurate. (And I'd think it would be on that point because LE could easily check records.)

Nor could TS be sure cops wouldn't show for hours giving her more clean up time. JMO

I've called 911 before and after answering questions from the dispatcher, I was given another number to call. I also told the dispatcher that I was calling for what I thought was a non-urgent matter and the dispatcher wanted to make that determination before directing me how to proceed with my report (call not related to a missing child).

I think it's possible if LS called 911 and said that she wanted to report her step-child missing that she was believed had runaway - she very well could have been directed to a non-emergency missing person department.

In other words, there was never any news agency seeking the 911 call released of a frantic stepmother calling to report her child missing (with health issues) because there was no such call by LS.

I also recall that EPSO went so far as to publically announce that it was LS that classified GS a runaway-- and not the Sheriff's office.

MOO

ETA: Again, correcting LS initals!
Thanks @NCWatcher

Last edited:
Her google searches on AS and “stepson” read almost identically to my past posts on here about her mindset regarding GS and AS. I had her number from day 1. The downside of knowing human nature all too well.

Thinking about the AA today and trying to figure out the "medical emergency" during the LE interview and had a thought. Is it possible that LS had her first ever major panic attack when she realized they knew she had killed GS? As someone with severe anxiety, I can attest to the fact that they can make you think you're actually having cardiac issues. MOO
Given her propensity for telling lies, I feel comfortable saying she was faking it big time.

Thinking about the AA today and trying to figure out the "medical emergency" during the LE interview and had a thought. Is it possible that LS had her first ever major panic attack when she realized they knew she had killed GS? As someone with severe anxiety, I can attest to the fact that they can make you think you're actually having cardiac issues. MOO

As in, peed her pants? Yep, I think so. Full blown panic attack.

I can attest too, as the member of a family in which every other member works in busy NYC ERs. The only time I don’t feel like I’m having a heart attack is when I’m asleep or on here.

Please pray for those on the frontline.

This actually makes a lot of sense

Good thinking on the choice of weapon - yes, that could work with the blood spatter. Possible the bullet was still inside him when she placed him in Florida - but you're right. A .22 would be what a person would likely choose if they were thinking clearly in that situation.

Jeez laweez.

I've called 911 before and after answering questions from the dispatcher, I was given another number to call. I also told the dispatcher that I was calling for what I thought was a non-urgent matter and the dispatcher wanted to make that determination before directing me how to proceed with my report (call not related to a missing child).

I think it's possible if LS called 911 and said that she wanted to report her step-child missing that she was believed had runaway - she very well could have been directed to a non-emergency missing person department.

In other words, there was never any news agency seeking the 911 call released of a frantic stepmother calling to report her child missing (with health issues) because there was no such call by AS.

I also recall that EPSO went so far as to publically announce that it was LS that classified GS a runaway-- and not the Sheriff's office.

MOO

Here is the statement from El Paso County Sheriff's Office regarding that initial phone call:

"The reporting party, who was Gannon's stepmom. called 911 to report Gannon was last seen by her between 3:15 - 4pm on January 27 to go to a friend's house. Information received during this call guided the call taker to type code this call as a runaway. Gannon's information was entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) and the Colorado Crime Information Center (CCIC) approximately 30 minutes after the initial call as a runaway."
News5 asked about Gannon being reported originally as a runaway rather than a missing person, and the Sheriff's Office said they have to work off of what the person calling 911 tells them in that moment.

"At the time the call was made, the reporting party stated that he was a runaway, he did not return from a friend's home, and so it was call typed as a runaway case," said El Paso County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Jacqueline Kirby.
News5 spoke with Al Stauch who explained he was out of town over the weekend for training with the National Guard. He says his wife knew something was wrong when Gannon did not come home after several hours.
We kind of do the street light rule. When the street lights come on or it gets dark, they better be home and it was like maybe 30 minutes past that. Started to worry at that point. Then I started texting all the friends that we know he goes to and nobody had seen him," Stauch said. He said Gannon didn't let them know what friend's house he was going to in the neighborhood and that this was "unlike him so that's why we're obviously really concerned." Eventually, the police were called. "Once we went through that whole checklist it's like, you know, where could he be?" Stauch said.
https://www.koaa.com/search-continues-for-missing-11-year-old-boy-in-el-paso-county

As in, peed her pants? Yep, I think so. Full blown panic attack.
Whoa, that’s crazy. She had to know they were going to ask for her DNA tho, as I’m sure they asked everyone in family. What did she think... she was going to get away with it? If so, she’s even dumber than we thought.

Last edited:
Being an accessory to a crime in Colorado
In Colorado, it is a crime to give assistance of any kind to someone who is suspected of or has committed a crime. This crime is known as being an "accessory to crime" or being an accessory after the fact.

Being an accessory is prohibited under Section 18-8-105 of the Colorado Revised Statutes, which provides:

(1) A person is an accessory to a crime if, with intent to hinder, delay, or prevent the discovery, detection, apprehension, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of another for the commission of a crime, he renders assistance to such person.

(2) “Render assistance” means to:

(a) Harbor or conceal the other; or

(a.5) Harbor or conceal the victim or a witness to the crime; or

(b) Warn such person of impending discovery or apprehension; except that this does not apply to a warning given in an effort to bring such person into compliance with the law; or

(c) Provide such person with money, transportation, weapon, disguise, or other thing to be used in avoiding discovery or apprehension; or

(d) By force, intimidation, or deception, obstruct anyone in the performance of any act which might aid in the discovery, detection, apprehension, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of such person; or

(e) Conceal, destroy, or alter any physical or testimonial evidence that might aid in the discovery, detection, apprehension, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of such person.

Thanks for this ! ^^^
Loud and clear.
This post needs no bolding. :D

And thankfully we can all share different viewpoints.

Imo ; Gannon is the only true victim here.
And by extension -- his biological family and everyone who loved him and will miss him always !

Given her propensity for telling lies, I feel comfortable saying she was faking it big time.

She was unquestionably faking it.

Page 14, Item #102 in the arrest affidavit.

Detective Bethel notes that TS was unresponsive to questions in the ambulance, but "seemed to have a miraculous recovery" once she reached the hospital.

Det. Bethel has solid writing skills.
She got some nice shots in at TS.
That one was a beaut.

JMO.

Last edited:
Good thinking on the choice of weapon - yes, that could work with the blood spatter. Possible the bullet was still inside him when she placed him in Florida - but you're right. A .22 would be what a person would likely choose if they were thinking clearly in that situation.

Jeez laweez.

I have .22’s for self protection and I’m not sure they would cause that kind of blood spray pattern on wall. Also i don’t think it would cause that much smoke or smell for her to have to cover up with coconut fragrance. Also, military guys probably have more powerful weapons than .22s.

Last edited:

In other words, there was never any news agency seeking the 911 call released of a frantic stepmother calling to report her child missing (with health issues) because there was no such call by AS.

MOO

I don't think there's much doubt TS promoted the runaway story for her own reasons so I completely agree on that point.

My point in posting what I did was that TS did not decide on her own to call the non-emergency number instead of calling 911. I've seen many posts on WS saying she never called 911 but it seems she did. And I like accurate accounts. Of course, she was trying to misdirect the focus of LE... That's quite clear.

I'm not sure AS called too...your post seems to say he did but I've not seen that reported.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member