Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
If any of our CO posters hear about the divorce hearing, please post it.
I’m not really thinking of CO law, I’m hoping the judge can bypass the waiting period and grant it today. It may mean nothing to us, but it will certainly be freeing to AS.

Would LE be able to get receipts from PetCo even if it was several weeks after the fact? Does anyone know if PetCo's have cameras inside?

Generally speaking, if a business has a register it would be very unwise not to have a camera pointed at it. If she used a card for the purchase (most likely), it'd be even easier to find in the system. Another aspect to consider, especially considering the case, the only thing really needed is the timestamp (what transactions took place at 1:21/1:22). Monday while kids are on school isnt really a crowded time for a pet store...so I wouldn't expect too many transaction to narrow down from. Plus, in my mind, she herself gave that transaction a timestamp with that text she sent (willing to be wrong on that...but seems like it makes sense to me). All jmo.

Plus, most computerized receipts these days have an invoice number of some sort somewhere. So, there's that, as well.

Last edited:
Just take a glance at her criminal record, job history, or that interview with her coworker, and it’s pretty apparent that she’s always been trash.

This wasn’t some mentally stable woman who suddenly went off the deep end. This was a volatile, self centered, ill tempered sociopath, who committed one of the worst crimes imaginable.

I’m not saying anyone could have predicted it would go this far, but it wouldn’t be hard to see her for what she was. Especially for those who spent any length of time with her.

And that’s the frustrating thing, this didn’t have to happen.
Couldn’t agree more!

If any of our CO posters hear about the divorce hearing, please post it.
I’m not really thinking of CO law, I’m hoping the judge can bypass the waiting period and grant it today. It may mean nothing to us, but it will certainly be freeing to AS.
Court TV uploaded this video last night -- many interesting comments about the pending divorce. Today's hearing is noted as a status conference. The big question is whether or not LS wanted to go on a field trip today or if her attorney is appearing on her behalf. Will LS torture AS today by showing up? :eek:

Gannon Stauch's Father Files for Divorce From Accused Murderer Letecia Stauch | Court TV 4/29/2020

Court TV uploaded this video last night -- many interesting comments about the pending divorce. Today's hearing is noted as a status conference. The big question is whether or not LS wanted to go on a field trip today or if her attorney is appearing on her behalf. Will LS torture AS today by showing up? :eek:

Gannon Stauch's Father Files for Divorce From Accused Murderer Letecia Stauch | Court TV 4/29/2020

BBM:

Ha!

Rhetorical question. So I'll answer it.

If given the opportunity, TS won't miss this for the world.

But I don't think divorce courts are like criminal courts, so I'm not sure she'll be allowed to attend in person.

JMO.

Last edited:
Transcripts are very costly but sometimes a major network will pick one up and it eventually gets posted on scrib.

Local reporters are very proficient at updating the public by tweeting details of the proceedings live if the Court allows. If KKTV's Ashley Franco is assigned to cover the trial, she promises to do an evening recap of the trial on Facebook similar to what her colleague Sam did for the P Frazee trial. I found the nightly recaps an excellent source as it fills in the blanks between each tweet!

Ashley Franco‏Verified account @AshleyKKTV
So many disturbing details in this case are coming out, including possible motives. Also shows #LeteciaStauch allegedly faking a rape and kidnapping to try to throw investigators off. Just horrible. #GannonStauch

11:11 AM - 3 Apr 2020

Transcripts are very costly and obviously all decisions would need to first be given Tricia’s blessing but we did have many members pool money together to purchase numerous transcripts and such in the Dr. Theresa Sievers case. Definitely too early to seriously consider going that route, but it is just something to think about.

Thanks for this. In a way, it would be fun to see her deposed but she would come up with more lies that she has thought of while in jail. Just more fodder for the prosecution though. But then I think she will want to avoid seeing AS. She manipulated him for so long. She can’t do that anymore.

I'm still stuck on why LS chose the Florida site to begin with. It just seems like a completely random location. Part of me wonders if she had a specific plan to dispose of the body in SC, realized en-route that her plan was too risky, and then decided to ditch it at the first opportunity. Or maybe she thought she was being tailed? Whatever her motivation was, it doesn't feel to me like she put too much thought or advance planning into that site.

I think she handed off GS body to someone else during that 4 hr trip that Monday and they disposed in Fl. Soon after she would be in FL too. I do not think it was LS that threw the suitcase there.

I think she handed off GS body to someone else during that 4 hr trip that Monday and they disposed in Fl. Soon after she would be in FL too. I do not think it was LS that threw the suitcase there.
Good luck finding someone to put their freedom on the line by dumping a child’s body. The law enforcement release says they are looking for witnesses who spotted TS in Pace, between the 3-5 of February. They clearly believe she was there, and she was the one to dump the body.

Thanks for this. In a way, it would be fun to see her deposed but she would come up with more lies that she has thought of while in jail. Just more fodder for the prosecution though. But then I think she will want to avoid seeing AS. She manipulated him for so long. She can’t do that anymore.
I think basic instinct would cause him to try and reach her neck if she appeared. o_O

ETA: I got the impression from the CourtTV video that it's possible LS could appear in person.

We could see quite a few after the preliminary. As we saw in the Frazee case, they have a specificity that’s isn’t found in the AA.
It’s only a few weeks away. I just wish we could see a few every week.
We are still discussing the AA. When I think of 107 searches and what is in those warrants it boggles my mind. How will we ever be able to comb through it for all the interesting parts? Her life will be on full display.

I hope HH has decided to come forward and just tell the prosecutor what she knows to be the truth. Just that. Hopefully she has had a full realization of how evil her mother is. Of course, we all still wonder how much she knew before and after and what involvement she had, if any. I will leave it at that.

Good luck finding someone to put their freedom on the line by dumping a child’s body. The law enforcement release says they are looking for witnesses who spotted TS in Pace, between the 3-5 of February. They clearly believe she was there, and she was the one to dump the body.
I believe she did this whole thing herself. Now whether a couple of people knew, it could be.

It’s only a few weeks away. I just wish we could see a few every week.
We are still discussing the AA. When I think of 107 searches and what is in those warrants it boggles my mind. How will we ever be able to comb through it for all the interesting parts? Her life will be on full display.

I hope HH has decided to come forward and just tell the prosecutor what she knows to be the truth. Just that. Hopefully she has had a full realization of how evil her mother is. Of course, we all still wonder how much she knew before and after and what involvement she had, if any. I will leave it at that.
That’s a staggering number of warrants, and I’m not sure I’ve heard of a case with that many (atleast with one suspect and victim).

I think much of that is due to her actions following the murder, as she talked and talked, and lied and lied.

She just kept manufacturing evidence against herself, and digging that hole deeper.

Transcripts are very costly and obviously all decisions would need to first be given Tricia’s blessing but we did have many members pool money together to purchase numerous transcripts and such in the Dr. Theresa Sievers case. Definitely too early to seriously consider going that route, but it is just something to think about.

I followed that entire case, beginning to the end (finally). It was so great to be able to go through the docs and interview transcripts. But I want to say WS was able to access all that paperwork (which members chipped in for) because of Florida's Sunshine Laws. I'm not sure it works the same in CO.

I followed that entire case, beginning to the end (finally). It was so great to be able to go through the docs and interview transcripts. But I want to say WS was able to access all that paperwork (which members chipped in for) because of Florida's Sunshine Laws. I'm not sure it works the same in CO.

Good point. I have a few friends and colleagues who like me, live in Colorado who practice law. I will ask one of them unless one of our legal minds here already know the answer.

Hi there! Welcome aboard, and great first post!

I totally remember that case - the woman was so crazy and so evil. You're absolutely right that she and TS are cut from the same amoral sociopathic cloth. I would not at all be surprised if at some point "HH Did It" doesn't come up in her Infinite Magic 8-Ball of T'Splanations!

Unfortunately, her own statements, words, and interviews will damn her because none of her stories are consistent with each other. The prosecutors would destroy her on the stand. Not that that would stop her from still getting up there and throwing out her vomit of lies.

I agree. Even for LS, it doesn't follow that she would leave a bloody scene at the house (waiting for evening clean-up) while she and GS were on a cross-county trip for pet coats, sporting goods, etc.

Per the AA, LS had both a suitcase and cardboard on her mind when she talked to investigators on Wed, Jan 28. (AA # 37 -- each demanded by rapist E).

I think it's possible LS used the cardboard on the carpet and the plywood over the stairs to maneuver the suitcase to the garage and into the VW.

bbm

Blaming HH: Unfortunately, I think almost everything LS has claimed happened in her own “defense” could be reinterpreted as LS trying to cover up and protect HH if LS does try to claim the “HH did it” scenario.

Blaming HH won’t succeed, but it would sure muddy the waters for awhile.

As to the use of the plywood as a ramp to roll/pull the suitcase up the stairs: I think that would be almost impossible for one person to do by herself. You’d not only have to pull the suitcase up the incline, but also pull the piece of plywood up the stairs underneath the suitcase at the same time. Super unwieldy and worse than pulling the suitcase up by itself.

Plywood is normally a 4x8 foot sheet. And heavier than you might think. Even at its longest, an 8 foot piece of plywood (whatever width) is not going to span from the bottom to top of a staircase, even one with a landing in the middle. And pushing it all up from below (suitcase on plywood) is unwieldy, too.

So I don’t think using plywood as a ramp up the stairs is realistic.

If she used anything to help get the suitcase up the stairs, wrapping it in a sheet or blanket and pulling that bundle up the stairs makes more sense to me.

I do think she used the plywood under the suitcase for transport in her car.

But the plywood usage is of minor importance to me, except as having blood evidence, as is how she managed to move the suitcase. Unless another person is implicated, which would change a lot of my suppositions.

All IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members