Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of three cases in my 10+ years on WS that has caused me to consciously take a break on the whole site, it is that disturbing and painful.
Like you, I've mostly avoided this case because of its disturbing nature. I'm relieved that a trial is scheduled soon. I believe in the importance to bearing witness to injustice and hope to be able to watch the trial.

Last edited:

Docket for: El Paso County - El Paso County Judicial Building
Showing 1 - 4 of 4 records

Date
Len
Appearance
Name
Hearing Type
Case #
3/9/23
1:30 PM​
1Hr​
STAUCH, LETECIA​
Pre-Trial Readiness Conference​
D212020CR1358​
El Paso County​
DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)
3/9/23
1:30 PM​
1Hr​
STAUCH, LETECIA​
Review WAppearance of Parties​
D212020CR3170​
El Paso County​
3/20/23
9:00 AM​
1Hr​
STAUCH, LETECIA​
Jury Trial​
D212020CR1358​
El Paso County​
3/20/23
9:00 AM​
1Hr​
STAUCH, LETECIA​
Review WAppearance of Parties​
D212020CR3170​
El Paso County​

LS can also be Laina.

So confusing!
On another case where we had multiple people with the same initials, we used initials+ ‘2’. Maybe we can do that for Laina discussion. Like this.

GS Gannon Stauch VICTIM
LS Letecia Stauch (TS Tee) ACCUSED KILLER Gannon’s stepmother
HH Harley Hunt Letecia’s bio daughter, Gannon’s stepsister
AS Eugene ‘Al’ Stauch Gannon’s bio father, Tee’s husband
LS2 Laina Stauch Gannon’s younger bio sister
LH Landen Hiott Gannon’s bio mother, Al’s ex-wife
MH Mike Hoitt Gannon’s stepfather, Landen’s 2nd husband
NH Novah Hoitt Gannon’s baby half-sister

On another case where we had multiple people with the same initials, we used initials+ ‘2’. Maybe we can do that for Laina discussion. Like this.

GS Gannon Stauch VICTIM
Would be so helpful to have this name/initials key posted at start of every new thread.

GS Gannon Stauch VICTIM
This helps. Thank You for doing it.
Would be so helpful to have this name/initials key posted at start of every new thread.
Good idea.

but... in my notes from the 2/2/23 motions hearing:
Jury selection will be audio only & media will be able to record live stream of trial.

Now I will have to go back & see which article said that....
I believe that came from an erroneous tweet.

I think it's probably no cameras allowed in the courtroom for the trial at this point unless it changes. :( That's too bad, I would love to watch LS's every facial expression.

Letecia Stauch case on track for jury trial in late March
Posted at 7:12 AM, February 6, 2023 / last updated 7:12 AM, February 6, 2023

Judge Greg Werner said two members of the press, one print and one electronic, will be allowed in the courtroom for jury selection only. Only audio recording will be allowed during this process. As of right now, no cameras will be allowed in the courtroom during the trial.

I don't see her putting that much effort into hiding it. I mean really, how awful is that to have to ask a question like that. That a mother would kill a step child, stuff him in a suitcase, haul his poor, decomposing body across country with her child along and then just fling him out of the moving van like trash?

My hate for this vile create is off the charts. Child murderers cause me significant mental anguish, but Gannon deserves his Justice and it will be had. I've said since the #4 Thread she will cause the most chaos we've ever seen in the courtroom. Goodness knows she's done everything she can to delay the inevitable.

MOO
Agreed she will do almost anything to derail the trial and wouldn't be surprised not to see an outburst along with throwing dagger eyes around which would be nice to see in a way if cameras were allowed in the courtroom. I'm a big one for watching body language and would want to study hers. I'm completely caught up with the case and completely driven to see LS brought to justice.

I'm very interested in the details of the suitcase that poor GS was found in. Hoping the forensics went through it with care to extract all evidence from it. If cat litter was found in there among other things used to mask order though know it's hard to mask such an order. Also any of LS's DNA or anything to tie her in tight to this horrific crime. Wring that suitcase like a sponge and draw out as much as possable.

Agreed she will do almost anything to derail the trial and wouldn't be surprised not to see an outburst along with throwing dagger eyes around which would be nice to see in a way if cameras were allowed in the courtroom. I'm a big one for watching body language and would want to study hers. I'm completely caught up with the case and completely driven to see LS brought to justice.
In the case of Derek Ch cameras hardly showed him.
And if they did, he was always furiously writing something in his big notebook :rolleyes:

...I'm a big one for watching body language and would want to study hers....
I, too, watch the body language, and try to catch a liar's speech clues. I adore Janine Driver's take on body language. She's an expert. She talks fast though. There's lots of youtubes on her expertise. I know you watched the Murdaugh Trial, and here Janine Driver reveals to us some "tells".
Who is Janine driver?
Janine Driver is a body language and deception detection “Truth Wizard” expert. As a retired Federal Law Enforcement officer she currently contributes to news stations such as NBC’s Today Show, Anderson Cooper Live, Extra!, and the D r. Oz Show.

The informative video is after a short ad.

I'm very interested in the details of the suitcase that poor GS was found in. Hoping the forensics went through it with care to extract all evidence from it. If cat litter was found in there among other things used to mask order though know it's hard to mask such an order. Also any of LS's DNA or anything to tie her in tight to this horrific crime. Wring that suitcase like a sponge and draw out as much as possable.
Doubt it Edvis, they apparently couldn't get any of Gannons DNA.

It bothered me back in the day…that they could not verify the body with DNA samples, they had bone, hair, and I assume flesh and blood. It was strictly identified by dental records. Strange to this day because I would have thought there was plenty there to pull DNA samples.

BUT they did identify the bedding the body was wrapped in, (and they have never said so but I suspect the Suitcase). There was a suitcase in the car identified in the original search on a police body cam, and a gun with Leticia’s DNA on the trigger, the caliber matches. I have no doubt it was Gannon; just don’t understand why they couldn’t pull DNA, what would cause that phenomenon?

When they talk DNA match for Gannon it is the blood in the house and on the board, not the recovery of a body.
Back on the night he was reported missing… Sgt. Yunkin starts going through a car in the garage. Letecia interrupts there says he’s never hid in the car before. We see what looks like a suitcase in the car captured on body worn camera.

They had the suitcase and pictures of the bedding taken a few days before, and a general body description.

This is why the first ID was tenative..
Yoder said they went on the missing persons database and saw pictures of Gannon. Noticed similar dental, height and weight features. Yoder said clothes on the body lead them to identify it as a male, they guessed it was someone 9 to 14-years-old….

Gunshot to the jaw, 18 stab wounds: preliminary hearing reveals gruesome details in Gannon’s Stauch’s murder
The body was found Tues 3/17/20 and it still was not confirmed (legally?) until the week of 6/6/2020

Prosecutors revealed during the June 5 hearing that a jaw bone from Florida was sent to the county to do dental record confirmation this week and it was identified as Gannon.

Doubt it Edvis, they apparently couldn't get any of Gannons DNA.

It bothered me back in the day…that they could not verify the body with DNA samples, they had bone, hair, and I assume flesh and blood. It was strictly identified by dental records. Strange to this day because I would have thought there was plenty there to pull DNA samples.

BUT they did identify the bedding the body was wrapped in, (and they have never said so but I suspect the Suitcase). There was a suitcase in the car identified in the original search on a police body cam, and a gun with Leticia’s DNA on the trigger, the caliber matches. I have no doubt it was Gannon; just don’t understand why they couldn’t pull DNA, what would cause that phenomenon?

When they talk DNA match for Gannon it is the blood in the house and on the board, not the recovery of a body.
Back on the night he was reported missing… Sgt. Yunkin starts going through a car in the garage. Letecia interrupts there says he’s never hid in the car before. We see what looks like a suitcase in the car captured on body worn camera.

They had the suitcase and pictures of the bedding taken a few days before, and a general body description.

This is why the first ID was tenative..
Yoder said they went on the missing persons database and saw pictures of Gannon. Noticed similar dental, height and weight features. Yoder said clothes on the body lead them to identify it as a male, they guessed it was someone 9 to 14-years-old….

Gunshot to the jaw, 18 stab wounds: preliminary hearing reveals gruesome details in Gannon’s Stauch’s murder
The body was found Tues 3/17/20 and it still was not confirmed (legally?) until the week of 6/6/2020

Prosecutors revealed during the June 5 hearing that a jaw bone from Florida was sent to the county to do dental record confirmation this week and it was identified as Gannon.

Boggles my mind and would think the suitcase would be a gold mine of DNA and I would go as far as putting one of the pooches that can match the smell of a cadaver and match it to any object's, clothing , blankets and so on used. I'm hoping that they have some rock solid evidence concerning the blanket and suitcase. Not to match the actual bones, hair and such up to GS is strange since his presence was all over the house.

Last edited:
...Gunshot to the jaw, 18 stab wounds: preliminary hearing reveals gruesome details in Gannon’s Stauch’s murder
The body was found Tues 3/17/20 and it still was not confirmed (legally?) until the week of 6/6/2020...
I'm shocked. I completely forgot so many details. I remembered all the blood they found in the house, and yet forgot the gun. All those stab wounds? Shocked she actually used a gun. Surprised it took that long to ID him. The bed sheets in the suitcase are the same ones on his bed. What a evil stupid piece of you know what. Thank You for all the info in your post @Murphy1950 and for the news link above.

This is one of three cases in my 10+ years on WS that has caused me to consciously take a break on the whole site, it is that disturbing and painful.
Same here
Little Lucas Hernandez case was first child case I followed from beginning to end and I said never again will I follow a child case.
I took a break --

Then JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan went missing--they brought me back

And then Gannon came along. I have been here since the beginning of this whole twisted step-monster evil doing and I will be here to the end for Landen and Al and #justiceforGannon <3

but... in my notes from the 2/2/23 motions hearing:
Jury selection will be audio only & media will be able to record live stream of trial.

Now I will have to go back & see which article said that....
Thank you as always @Niner
You are always on top of these court cases and we appreciate it so much !!!

GS Gannon Stauch VICTIM
Yes!!
Thanks @steeltowngirl -- and hello-- Glad to see you here tonight :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther