Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt it Edvis, they apparently couldn't get any of Gannons DNA.

It bothered me back in the day…that they could not verify the body with DNA samples, they had bone, hair, and I assume flesh and blood. It was strictly identified by dental records. Strange to this day because I would have thought there was plenty there to pull DNA samples.

BUT they did identify the bedding the body was wrapped in, (and they have never said so but I suspect the Suitcase). There was a suitcase in the car identified in the original search on a police body cam, and a gun with Leticia’s DNA on the trigger, the caliber matches. I have no doubt it was Gannon; just don’t understand why they couldn’t pull DNA, what would cause that phenomenon?

When they talk DNA match for Gannon it is the blood in the house and on the board, not the recovery of a body.
Back on the night he was reported missing… Sgt. Yunkin starts going through a car in the garage. Letecia interrupts there says he’s never hid in the car before. We see what looks like a suitcase in the car captured on body worn camera.

They had the suitcase and pictures of the bedding taken a few days before, and a general body description.

This is why the first ID was tenative..
Yoder said they went on the missing persons database and saw pictures of Gannon. Noticed similar dental, height and weight features. Yoder said clothes on the body lead them to identify it as a male, they guessed it was someone 9 to 14-years-old….

Gunshot to the jaw, 18 stab wounds: preliminary hearing reveals gruesome details in Gannon’s Stauch’s murder
The body was found Tues 3/17/20 and it still was not confirmed (legally?) until the week of 6/6/2020

Prosecutors revealed during the June 5 hearing that a jaw bone from Florida was sent to the county to do dental record confirmation this week and it was identified as Gannon.

And then she moved his body a few times after the initial call that night, IIRC

Doubt it Edvis, they apparently couldn't get any of Gannons DNA.

It bothered me back in the day…that they could not verify the body with DNA samples, they had bone, hair, and I assume flesh and blood. It was strictly identified by dental records. Strange to this day because I would have thought there was plenty there to pull DNA samples.

BUT they did identify the bedding the body was wrapped in, (and they have never said so but I suspect the Suitcase). There was a suitcase in the car identified in the original search on a police body cam, and a gun with Leticia’s DNA on the trigger, the caliber matches. I have no doubt it was Gannon; just don’t understand why they couldn’t pull DNA, what would cause that phenomenon?

When they talk DNA match for Gannon it is the blood in the house and on the board, not the recovery of a body.
Back on the night he was reported missing… Sgt. Yunkin starts going through a car in the garage. Letecia interrupts there says he’s never hid in the car before. We see what looks like a suitcase in the car captured on body worn camera.

They had the suitcase and pictures of the bedding taken a few days before, and a general body description.

This is why the first ID was tenative..
Yoder said they went on the missing persons database and saw pictures of Gannon. Noticed similar dental, height and weight features. Yoder said clothes on the body lead them to identify it as a male, they guessed it was someone 9 to 14-years-old….

Gunshot to the jaw, 18 stab wounds: preliminary hearing reveals gruesome details in Gannon’s Stauch’s murder
The body was found Tues 3/17/20 and it still was not confirmed (legally?) until the week of 6/6/2020

Prosecutors revealed during the June 5 hearing that a jaw bone from Florida was sent to the county to do dental record confirmation this week and it was identified as Gannon.

BBM

DNA was used to identify GS's remains although dental records were used initially (after noting the superficial similarity of the teeth to GS's.) I suspect the dental route was used to get an initial answer quickly. But eventually DNA was used. The following link notes Sgt Yoder from Florida testified in court in Colorado to the use of DNA to ID the remains.

Re-reading tweets from the Sept 2021 prelim hearing and I always feared LS's plan was to blame her minor daughter and glad FBI Agent Cohen put that to rest.

Shelly Bradbury
@ShellyBradbury

Letecia's daughter, then 17-year-old Harley Hunt, rode with Letecia on the drive from Colorado to Pensacola, but Cohen says Harley was not home during the killing and there's no evidence she was involved in the "actual murder of Gannon himself."

1:38 PM · Sep 9, 2021

We will all be grateful when this monster is done away with.
Agreed and I spent the morning sifting through all updates and videos concerning LS and the video of the neighborhood using blue light's tugged at my heartstrings pretty darn good and at the same time rekindled the fire in my belly to be a part even if through this forum to make sure LS never sees the light of day except through the distorted view of prison plexiglass and never take in the breath of fresh air that we draw in each day, her air coming only from the stank of her cell.

Stauch faces 13 charges for allegedly killing Gannon including first-degree murder, child abuse, two counts of tampering with evidence and more.

In addition to the first-degree murder case, Stauch also faces a second case in which she is accused of attempting to escape from the El Paso County jail in May 2020.

Stauch was arrested in South Carolina in March 2020 and has been in jail since then after being extradited to Colorado. She faces life in prison if convicted of first-degree murder.

Stauch will return to court for the final time prior to her jury trial on March 9 for a pre-trial readiness conference.

From Alex Murdaugh to the next case of a lying liar who lies.... justice for Gannon and his sweet family. LS is playing it different from AM but they both trying to play the same game.

Stauch faces 13 charges for allegedly killing Gannon including first-degree murder, child abuse, two counts of tampering with evidence and more.

In addition to the first-degree murder case, Stauch also faces a second case in which she is accused of attempting to escape from the El Paso County jail in May 2020.

Stauch was arrested in South Carolina in March 2020 and has been in jail since then after being extradited to Colorado. She faces life in prison if convicted of first-degree murder.

Stauch will return to court for the final time prior to her jury trial on March 9 for a pre-trial readiness conference.
March 9 pre-trial conference time will be @ 1:30 pm MT.

I’ve been busy busy busy and unable to be here much lately but I think of Gannon so often. I can’t wait for the day this monster hears a loud and clear “GUILTY” and gets locked away for the rest of her conniving, miserable, worthless life.

Agreed and I spent the morning sifting through all updates and videos concerning LS and the video of the neighborhood using blue light's tugged at my heartstrings pretty darn good and at the same time rekindled the fire in my belly to be a part even if through this forum to make sure LS never sees the light of day except through the distorted view of prison plexiglass and never take in the breath of fresh air that we draw in each day, her air coming only from the stank of her cell.
You’re a good man Edvis. I have followed this case from the beginning. Those of us who have, knew immediately that Leticia was lying. I cannot even imagine anyone hurting my little son or stepson. They are grown men now but if anyone did that to them, I would be in prison for killing them. And I am sure that his parents and little sister knew she was guilty too. None of us could have imagined her shooting him in the head then stuffing him in a suitcase and riding from Colorado to Florida to dump him! Colorado outlawed the DP just a few months before she was charged. But i think the law didn’t take effect until July of that year.

i have always wished the prosecutor could make the DP retro for her. I’m sure the Governor would not let that happen. Child killers are the worst. I guess we will have to follow this case by texts. I am all for trials open to the public and a good judge who will reign in the attorneys. (Think Judge Newman)

IIRC, LS initially came up with an outrageous story about being attacked by someone in the basement yet she was allowed to go upstairs to get minor step-daughter and then would go back down to basement for more abuse by attacker. Made no sense. Of course she claimed head trauma (but imo she already had head trauma and it wasn't from any attack) from the incident …

Supposedly, Gannon sees the attack and is kidnapped by the attacker, LS claimed. LS blamed it on an Hispanic male being her attacker, and Gannon's kidnapper.

Does the story even sound credible … no, not imo. Red flags everywhere are flying. Additionally, this man had agreed to repair the carpet from the candle incident and that’s how he was able to get in the house, LS claimed.

LE was able to prove this ridiculous story false via her phone records and text messages. Something to that effort.

moo

A hearing Thursday afternoon is expected to be Letecia Stauch's final court appearance before the start of her trial on March 20.

Stauch, 39, is accused of killing her 11-year-old stepson Gannon in January 2020. Attorneys at the hearing will be asked by Judge Gregory Werner to declare ready for trial, and if both the prosecution and defense declare ready Stauch's trial will go ahead as scheduled.

Jury selection is scheduled to begin March 20, and opening statements are expected to begin no earlier than April 3, even if jury selection is completed before then.

Fourth Judicial District Attorney Michael Allen has said he anticipates Stauch's trial to last six weeks.

Werner said during Stauch's last appearance in court in early February that the jury selection process may take up to 14 days because of the likelihood of many potential jurors being unable to be present for all six weeks of the trial.

Last edited:

Stauch faces 13 charges including first-degree murder, child abuse and tampering with evidence.

At Stauch's most recent court date her attorneys said her second mental health evaluation had been completed, but defense attorney Josh Tolini declined to discuss the findings of the evaluation.

The first mental health evaluation conducted by the psychiatric hospital in Pueblo found Stauch to be sane, Werner said at a hearing in August.

IIRC, LS initially came up with an outrageous story about being attacked by someone in the basement yet she was allowed to go upstairs to get minor step-daughter and then would go back down to basement for more abuse by attacker. Made no sense. Of course she claimed head trauma (but imo she already had head trauma and it wasn't from any attack) from the incident …

Supposedly, Gannon sees the attack and is kidnapped by the attacker, LS claimed. LS blamed it on an Hispanic male being her attacker, and Gannon's kidnapper.

Does the story even sound credible … no, not imo. Red flags everywhere are flying. Additionally, this man had agreed to repair the carpet from the candle incident and that’s how he was able to get in the house, LS claimed.

LE was able to prove this ridiculous story false via her phone records and text messages. Something to that effort.

moo
Ahhh yes the Eduardo story wasn't there another guy also,Gawd all those stories and lies she told and the evil witch almost got away with it. Soon there will be justice and T will be locked away for a very long time.jmoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon