Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The camera on the neighbors house was really obvious, IMO. The paint (if I recall correctly) was a light gray/blue and the camera and the housing unit were black. It was also positioned on the far right side of the garage, between the top of the garage door and the eve of the roof. To me, when they showed it on the news, was very obvious. But what I wonder, along with your thinking, is that she KNEW it was there, but did realize 1.) it was angled to capture so much more than just his driveway, she may have thought it just got his and a little bit of the yard next to his driveway. 2.) That is also picked up sound. I'm not too familiar with all these new systems, I haven't had one in years, but back then they didn't pick up sound, just picture. Do Rings pick up sound?
IMO she thought she was so much smarter than she actually is. I also think she overestimated the reach this case has had. Maybe she thought after a few days it would die down and people would go on about their day and not care. I don't think she ever had a clue this would get a big as it did. And, I tell ya, I am so glad it did!
MOO
Yes, it's possible she wouldn't know the exact angle of the camera or that it picked up sound. The neighbor said it had very good audio.

Can one tell from seeing the camera what kind it is or that it is a Ring Camera?

Jmo

I thought that too! Like wow, if you can say that on TV where the entire country can watch if they wanted to, what kind of stuff do you say to him at home when no one's around??
It doesn't lend her to sympathy either, so she seems to lack insight into people in general, presumably because she lacks insight into herself.

The public is sympathetic to Gannon and his suffering parents and sibling. Not the person who admits she was the last to see him yet can't explain what happened next, claims she's restrained from discussing the part about that last interaction with Gannon, a child now known to have gotten into a vehicle with her the day he went missing, and never returned back home. And the corker in her entire interview was no empathy for Gannon, and a feeble attempt to recover that ball at the end of the video when she turned on the tears.

Also, what was up with the bad editing of that interview? I got the feeling she was in charge and deciding when to cut and start up again. It was just a train-wreck from beginning to end.

I think she had her back facing because she didn't want people analyzing her mannerisms and facial expressions while talking about this incident. Different from still old photos on her fb.
I agree, OP was offering why she might have done the interview the way she did (for fear of death threats) and I was stating that seemed unlikely considering her still public FB profile. I think she did the interview the way she did so her lying eyes couldn’t be scrutinized.

Not saying I think this is what happened, but to maybe answer your question...
What if GS was drugged enough to be out cold in the truck. Then dumped in the elements somewhere in the wilderness. If he woke he wouldn't know how he got there. And she could just claim she left him sleeping in the truck while she ran into Petsmart (or wherever) and he was gone when she came back out. Not sure why she didn't go with that from the jump. I am guessing wherever he was left, if she did leave him somewhere to succumb to elements, is kind of close to the house so she could say he walked there. How would her hand get injured though, with this theory? If it wasn't close to the house she may have set up some fake, this is awful to say or think about, sexual assault and left him far away to look like he got grabbed up by a SO.
It seems probable that most large store parking lots have cameras these days. If she made a claim like you suggest, regarding running into store and him being gone upon return, then she would be found out almost immediately.

Yes, it's possible she wouldn't know the exact angle of the camera or that it picked up sound. The neighbor said it had very good audio.

Can one tell from seeing the camera what kind it is or that it is a Ring Camera?

Jmo
Surveillance footage could provide clues in search for missing El Paso County boy
Camera image shows xfinity - not ring
Home Security Camera and Live Video Recording
I think we will see that his video is super clear IMO https://www.xfinity.com/learn/home-security/devices/cameras/camera-video-recording

There are several troubling things in the interview. LS's statement about Gannon's mother not wanting to care for him is heartbreaking. Clearly, no good parent says that where a child can hear. Yet, there is LS on camera, saying it.

She must surely have thought, inwardly, that he would never hear her - and yet, it will be archived on youtube till the end of time and Gannon would certainly come across it. LS must think he will never hear her words, right?

Then, there's the fact that LS never gives a rundown of what, exactly, she's done to find Gannon. It's almost as if she knows better than to keep putting the idea that he left home at 3:15 to go to a friend's house into the story. She had to choose a time after 3 pm for the friend visit, since the friend would not be home from school until about then. Yet, the video shows her returning home without Gannon at 2:15-ish. She can't claim she dropped him off at or near the friend's house, since it's too early.

The very odd story about the police "threatening to shoot" her seems to indicate a pattern of self-interested exaggeration. Apparently, the daughter resisted giving her keys to the police when they came to impound the car (is that how others understand what she says?) Daughter ends up sitting in the squad car? LS herself does something that make the police draw their weapons? (I doubt it, I figure she simply felt quite intimidated by armed police ordering her to give up car keys).

She also reveals the rather humiliating fact that her husband has, apparently, thrown her out of the house without any personal belongings. Was there also something about problems in the store, while shopping? Whew, she really messed up by giving that interview (the reporter was great, letting her run on like that). She intends, I think, for the audience (all of us) to feel sorry for her. Given that a child in her care has gone missing, it's really hard to feel sorry for her, when our sympathy naturally goes out to Gannon.
Regarding the incident with police I think she knew very well that it was LE immediately when they came to take the car.

I think they were less than cooperative and TS did not tell them she had the keys in her pocket until they had her daughter in handcuffs and TS needed to be "persuaded" to hand over the keys. Jmo

I want to be a fly on the wall when she and LE sit down and watch that video of Gannon leaving with her and not returning with her and she is simply asked "Where did you leave him?" Maybe I am not devious enough but I cannot come up with an answer that is believable. Can you?

I think the only conceivable thing she could say at this point would be that she left him in the car when she ran errands,he wasnt there when she got back,she thought he would just make his way home so she went home to wait,but he didnt come home and then she knew her husband would be mad at her for "losing" him so she made up a story and then it all snowballed.
At which point I think LE will say thankyou for telling us that,and oh by the way here is some surveillance footage we didnt release and you ma'am are under arrest!!

The camera on the neighbors house was really obvious, IMO. The paint (if I recall correctly) was a light gray/blue and the camera and the housing unit were black. It was also positioned on the far right side of the garage, between the top of the garage door and the eve of the roof. To me, when they showed it on the news, was very obvious. But what I wonder, along with your thinking, is that she KNEW it was there, but did realize 1.) it was angled to capture so much more than just his driveway, she may have thought it just got his and a little bit of the yard next to his driveway. 2.) That is also picked up sound. I'm not too familiar with all these new systems, I haven't had one in years, but back then they didn't pick up sound, just picture. Do Rings pick up sound?
IMO she thought she was so much smarter than she actually is. I also think she overestimated the reach this case has had. Maybe she thought after a few days it would die down and people would go on about their day and not care. I don't think she ever had a clue this would get a big as it did. And, I tell ya, I am so glad it did!
MOO
I eluded to that in a round about way and received no likes or comments. But my way out there thinking was the obvious camera used by her to eventually alibi her instead of convict her such as the "perfect crime" thought out by her and x? We will make them think x based on camera which will ............

IMO, she came off as petty and cruel.
Very cruel. I can only think of one other word to describe what she did, but I don't want to be put in a time out lol.

Just my opinion from reading social media but according to some neighbors in the Lorson Ranch Community there are several LEO’s from the sheriffs department going door-to-door again today.

JMO
Hmmm I wonder if they're asking for anymore footage. Or if they got a tip about something somebody seen/heard and checking to see if there are any others that witnessed it also.

Thanks I’m now getting errors due to a limit on media and I think it’s the drone videos so I may try and split them out and see if that helps - thanks to the members here who’ve given me links to those missing pieces - it helps us keep the facts straight and the rumors squashed IMO

any locals heard if they are searching today? We are nearing the two week mark ... sigh
See if this will work:
Find Gannon Stauch - YouTube

Yes, I also wonder if TS was aware of what type of camera he had and she intentionally tried to avoid being seen or heard.
I don't know much about cameras or how easy it is to recognize them but I would think she at least knew he had some type of camera.

I also thought she had a camera on her own house. If it was working I'm not sure how she would explain what was seen or wasn't seen, such as Gannon not leaving the house when she said he did.

Jmo
BBM- they may have a camera at their house but she could have disabled it, said it wasn't working, etc.
Of course, we don't know if Gannon's house had one or not but I am guessing they probably did considering most around there have them and dad being gone for extended time for military. JMO

MOO

Yes, Ring cams have 2 way audio capabilities and the quality is spot on.

... Also, what was up with the bad editing of that interview? I got the feeling she was in charge and deciding when to cut and start up again. It was just a train-wreck from beginning to end.

I hear you. I think for me it felt like he could have purposely let her ramble on and on, effectively digging a hole for herself. He could have cut it multiple times and lead her with questions. Instead I feel like he just sat back and let it happen and it worked I'd say. Kinda slick, like when he casually didn't remind her that she was still mic'd up when she went to tell her daughter to give him the alibi for their Sunday hike lol

RSBM

Agree with all your troubled thoughts--except I think it's possible that she didn't have a problem saying his mother didn't want to care for him because he's already heard it from her many times. :( The fact that she thought saying that to millions of people on television would paint her in a good light is awfully revealing.
Honestly that one statement might be the thing that makes me the angriest toward her in this whole horrible mess, at least until we learn more.
Yes, why bring that up in an interview about a missing child at all?

To me it indicates that, since she 'had' to care for him because his own mother wouldn't, it was a burden to her and she is resentful.

We know that there were long term conflicts between her and Gannon's mother.
That she would criticize her in a situation like this is so disrespectful. You would think a teacher would know better.

Since she showed such a lack of empathy about Gannon's well being during the one chance she had to plea for help in finding him makes me wonder how she treated him in the last two years.

Imo

Jmo
The neighbor's cam was not a Ring, it's an Xfinity. The logo is superimposed over the surveillance video screen.

BBM- they may have a camera at their house but she could have disabled it, said it wasn't working, etc.
Of course, we don't know if Gannon's house had one or not but I am guessing they probably did considering most around there have them and dad being gone for extended time for military. JMO
Yes, and if she did disable it that is even more incriminating. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member