Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was gone for 4 hours do we know if she crossed state lines? I hope they checked the odometer to see how far she drove. The Dad may have an idea of how many miles were on the truck. I mean she could have traveled about 250miles going 60mph maybe even more going 65 to 70mph. Maybe 2 hours there 2 hours back?

Last edited:
The surveillance video has been a game changer in so many ways. I have questions. The woman in the video who is allegedly LS, exits the truck when it is still parked at the curb, enters the house and after a few minutes returns to the truck with what appears to be a very large tote/gym bag on her shoulder. She appears to toss the tote into the seat next to her and then proceeds to park the truck (backing in) into the driveway. She is in and out of the house more than once prior to pulling away with GS. Upon return, she doesn't have the tote when she exits the truck. What was that big tote for? Is it still in that truck? There were some significant pauses as she parked, but they may be due to phone texting. Also, has LG given any rebuttal regarding the video? I doubt it, but I want to be sure I'm not missing the pieces to this puzzle.

IMO-The interview displayed a very defensive and anxious woman, quick to demand vindication, but slow to express concern or emotion beyond her own well-being. Something is way off. My gut isn't getting a positive impression at all.

Mostly I really want to maintain hope that Gannon will be found safe, and my deepest sympathies go out to his family.

She was gone for 4 hours do we know if she crossed state lines? I hope they checked the odometer to see how far she drove. The Dad may have an idea of how many miles were on the truck. I mean she could have traveled about 250miles going 60mph maybe even more going 65 to 70mph. She could have put at least 500 or more miles on the truck.
You can’t get to a different state from Colorado Springs in less than two hours.

She was gone for 4 hours do we know if she crossed state lines? I hope they checked the odometer to see how far she drove. The Dad may have an idea of how many miles were on the truck. I mean she could have traveled about 250miles going 60mph maybe even more going 65 to 70mph. She could have put at least 500 or more miles on the truck.
Not in 4 hours... That math doesn't add up..

Member @californiagem cleverly spotted the Ring notification icon on the phone screen that had the photo of step-mom, Gannon and his sister, that was used in the original "missing" flyer. So yes, all indications are that the Stauch home also had a Ring cam. No one keeps the app if they don't have the cam, and the icon doesn't come up unless there are unchecked notifications. So, if she used that pic from her phone on Monday to create the "missing" flyer, we know the Ring cam at the Stauch home was working on Monday. The question now is, did she delete all the videos, or just the ones of her and Gannon leaving, and her coming home alone?
If they are paying the monthly fee I would guess those videos could be retrieved by LE if deleted locally IMO

<ModSnip>

I've been reading into this since the news broke. I never wanted to post due to this being so close to home but here's something new I found online.

My daughter attends Grand Mountain School so I'm praying and keeping Gannon and his family in my thoughts constantly.

I keep checking online every hour for updates. Keeping positive for Gannon.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Colorado Springs, today is sunny, some flurries tonight and tomorrow mostly cloudly.

Finding any evidence in the specific areas all depends on how genuine the "good leads" are, which Sgt. Mynall said were the reason for searches in those areas.

Hoping that they have already found something or will, over the next few days.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/colorado-springs-co/80903/weather-forecast/327351

I have yet to see a copy of this video that is clear. Is there any way she can say he was sleeping in the back seat, and came in later? OR is it clear the vehicle is empty?

She could definitely say this. However, she needs to be very careful, as the entire rest of the day is also on video. By now, LE has reviewed all of it (and the day prior and the day after, I'd imagine). It does appear as if the passenger side doors can't be opened fully, when the other car is there (but that other car isn't always there). Still, feet would be seen going into the house.

If he was in fact sleeping in the car, why wouldn't she just come out and say so? According to her story, he needs to get out of the car by around 3 pm (so only 45 minutes of video for LE to view) so that he can go over to his friend's house.

I am confident that LE would not continue to let the public believe that Gannon's whereabouts are basically unknown after 10:13 am, unless it were true. So I don't believe any video is going to show Gannon first sitting up in the car, then opening a door (both would be visible).

[...] The public is sympathetic to Gannon and his suffering parents and sibling. Not the person who admits she was the last to see him yet can't explain what happened next, [...]
<rsbm for focus> Yes, it's so true. She was the last person to see him. She was the last person responsible for his care.

On the video, it looks like LS gives Gannon a little push (shove?) right as she comes up close to where he is standing. Had anyone else noticed that? It's immediately before she is beside him and picking something up as he gets in. I'd love to hear the audio from that moment in particular.

I've tried getting a screenshot of that moment in order to brighten it, but I haven't been successful.

So can one tell what kind of camera it is just by looking at it?

That's what I'm asking. I don't know anyone who has a camera where I live and I'm not familiar with any of them. It seems many here are familiar with the different types of cameras but I don't know one from another.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/share-your-security-camera-advice.501779/
I set up a thread as I’m very interested in cameras. The neighbor has at least one outside mounted camera that we’ve seen and if GS family has ring inside and outside / wow there will be a lot of data - my indoor ring cameras are like watching tv - we await what LE ends up gathering
JMO

I'm interested if it has a tracking system,and who is the provider for that. I know Verizon has that service available.
MOO

Strife between step parents and step children are so common it’s almost expected. Especially in the first years of the new marriage. Many families work through these issues over time and in the vast majority of cases where they don’t, no one disappears. No one dies. While physical abuse is more common for step children, it’s not the norm and far more common among step fathers than step mothers.

If Dad ignored evidence Gannon was being physically abused by his step mother, then he should indeed be kicking himself right now.

However, it’s quite possible there were no prior signs of abuse (especially if this was triggered by recent relationship issues), and in that case bio Dad is a victim too. Even still, he will probably beat himself up for the rest of his life for bringing the monster into his son’s life and “not knowing”. He doesn’t need total strangers blaming him too.
With the exception of one article I found, studies agree step children are at greater risk of physical abuse than children living with both biological parents. And step fathers are more likely to abuse than step mothers. But published statistics vary widely, and studies I’ve found all have at least one significant flaw (selection bias, sample size, etc.). Here are links to several:

Child Abuse and Father Figures: Which Kind of Families Are Safest to Grow Up In? | National Center for Health Research

Child abuse is 40 times more likely when single parents find new partners

Parenting in the Real World: Shocking Statistics

Children killed by genetic parents versus stepparents - ScienceDirect
My son suffered at the hands of his step mum, who was his Dad's girlfriend at the
Strife between step parents and step children are so common it’s almost expected. Especially in the first years of the new marriage. Many families work through these issues over time and in the vast majority of cases where they don’t, no one disappears. No one dies. While physical abuse is more common for step children, it’s not the norm and far more common among step fathers than step mothers.

If Dad ignored evidence Gannon was being physically abused by his step mother, then he should indeed be kicking himself right now.

However, it’s quite possible there were no prior signs of abuse (especially if this was triggered by recent relationship issues), and in that case bio Dad is a victim too. Even still, he will probably beat himself up for the rest of his life for bringing the monster into his son’s life and “not knowing”. He doesn’t need total strangers blaming him too.
With the exception of one article I found, studies agree step children are at greater risk of physical abuse than children living with both biological parents. And step fathers are more likely to abuse than step mothers. But published statistics vary widely, and studies I’ve found all have at least one significant flaw (selection bias, sample size, etc.). Here are links to several:

Child Abuse and Father Figures: Which Kind of Families Are Safest to Grow Up In? | National Center for Health Research

Child abuse is 40 times more likely when single parents find new partners

Parenting in the Real World: Shocking Statistics

Children killed by genetic parents versus stepparents - ScienceDirect
Sadly this hits close to home for me too, although luckily my son is still very much alive and well.
My ex husband met someone, his now wife who had 2 children of her own. My ex and I have four children together. They moved in very quickly and within 15 months had a child of their own. Our children live with me and go to their Dad's at weekends. When my youngest was about 3 he started becoming anxious about going at weekends. He became more clingy, would hide behind the door when it was time to leave, scream and physically hold onto the door frame. We though it was seperation anxiety and tried different tactics to help him.
The situation worsened over time and we would go through periods where he wouldn't stay at all as he was too distressed. I must add he also had a severe speech delay until the age of 4 so couldn't verbalise his feelings too well.
The periods when he would stay there he began to refuse to eat, was wetting himself, refused to speak and began self harming.
I was beside myself trying to figure out what was going on, speaking to professionals to get advice, refusing to send him ( but getting immense pressure from my ex at times)

I began to suspect it was the girlfriend he had a big problem with and spoke to ex who refused to believe it. It came to a head one Christmas when he got so distressed about going for the weekend he refused even though he knew it meant getting no Christmas presents from them. He then broke down and told me things she had done to him and the threats ( which terrified him the most)
I rang social services and reported it. They did an investigation, but handled it appallingly. It was dropped due to lack of evidence, but the damage it did to our family affects us even now. My other children think she is wonderful and were very angry at myself and my son. My ex called my son a liar in front of his siblings ( he was 5 at the time) and refused to see him or speak to him. He then married her 6 months later!
Only now several years later, has my ex and son started to repair their relationship, he sees him 2 hours every other weekend. We still have many issues to work through, my son is horribly traumatized, not only from the abuse, but not being believed by so many and the rejection from his father and many family members.
Sometimes I questioned if I did the right thing reporting it (when it felt like my other children hated me and I was losing them) but cases like these remind me why I did. And I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. He no longer has any contact with her and feels safe. I wish I had done things differently and seen what was happening but sometimes when you are in the middle of it, it's confusing and messy. She had me fooled many times. But the truth as we all know is monsters don't look like monsters.

My heart breaks for this precious boy and his family. I can't bear to think what may have happened to him. I pray he is found soon and justice will be served.

In Colorado Springs, today is sunny, some flurries tonight and tomorrow mostly cloudly.

Finding any evidence in the specific areas all depends on how genuine the "good leads" are, which Sgt Mynall said were the reason for searches in those areas.

Hoping that they have already found something or will, over the next few days.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/colorado-springs-co/80903/weather-forecast/327351

This was Friday -- several schools closed for the day, and all I could think of was Gannon should be excited with all the other kids learning it was a snow day and no school... :(

The Gazette‏Verified account @csgazette
The snow keeps on coming down ... For the latest updates, go to:
bXmzLxwU

LIVE WEATHER UPDATES: Winter storm forces closure of westbound I-70, flights at airports affected

7:59 AM - 7 Feb 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member