CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 2 minutes ago

Next #theatershooting witness: Daybra Thomas-Kizzar, a survivor of the attack.

She went to the #Batman movie with her husband. They sat in the top half of the theater. Scanned the room, people watched.

Thomas-Kizzzar: Heard about three shots. Yellowish-whitish flashes. "I remember my husband telling me to get down."

Daybra Thomas-Kizzar -- counts 163 and 164

GSW to the abdomen, Was at theater with husband Marcus Kizzar who was also shot.
Count 163: Attempted Murder in the 1st degree after deliberation
Count 164: Attempted Murder in the 1st degree extreme indifference

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 4 seconds ago

"I remember being on the floor and just kind of thinking to myself, 'What's going on?'" She used hands to protect head.

She heard screams, moans and gunshots. She could smell gun powder in the air. Gunshots seemed quicker at beginning.

Thomas-Kizzar: I remember a phone call being made on the other side of me, a phone call to someone's mom. Defense objects.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 10 seconds ago

Teesch-Maguire asks Thomas-Kizzar what happened next. "After a while, I got up and started to leave the theater."

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 20 seconds ago

Daybra felt the gunshots hit the seats and whiz by her. She never saw the shooter

Man...I never realized how hard it is to tell your story...about what you saw and experienced...without invoking hearsay!!!

Man...I never realized how hard it is to tell your story...about what you saw and experienced...without invoking hearsay!!!

I know! I've noticed that some people seem to get away with it while others are objected to.

Marcus Kizzar -- counts 43 and 101

GSW to legs, calf area. Was at theater with wife Daybra Thomas-Kizzar who was also shot
Count 43: Attempted Murder in the 1st degree after deliberation
Count 101: Attempted Murder in the 1st degree extreme indifference

How cute! They were having a "dog date" with a friend!!!

ETA - he is very emotional. It's so hard!!

I was threatened by a neighbor a few years ago...and went to court. I didn't think I was emotional about it at all! But when the Judge asked me to tell the court what she said...as I said "You are going to need more than that dog to get around when I am done with you!" (I have a Service Dog) my voice broke and I could barely get out the words!

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman

Next witness, her husband, Marcus Kizzar.

Im going to help out here and post the ones that Queenie posts when shes here. = )

The people call Marcus Kizzar

a minute ago

Marcus Kizzar: Before the movie, had dinner with friends. Friends declined to see the movie with him and Daybra

a few seconds ago

Marcus Kizzar: after several deep breaths, repeat of question, "We were watching the film and I saw a figure come through the exit door, or into the auditorium, a canister went into the air"

a few seconds ago

Marcus Kizzar: says figure was black. Looked like someone in a costume

Likes0

Phil Tenser

a few seconds ago

Marcus Kizzar: "Chaos kinda broke in front of me... So i hit the floor"

Marcus Kizzar: heard a lot of gunshots. Felt some stinging in his calves. Smelled tear gas

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 23 seconds ago

Kizzar: "I saw a figure come into the auditorium." The figure was in black, "to me it looked like someone in a costume."

He chuckled when he first saw the canister. Kind of thought it was the last #Batman movie and "kind of go out in a bang."

Kizzar pausing again as he recounts hitting the floor. "I just heard a lot of gunshots going off. From there, I felt something stinging."

Kizzar realized it was tear-gas. He had been in the Army. "I'm hearing a lot of screaming and stuff ... and shots."

Im going to help out here and post the ones that Queenie posts when shes here. = )

a minute ago

Marcus Kizzar: Before the movie, had dinner with friends. Friends declined to see the movie with him and Daybra

a few seconds ago

Marcus Kizzar: after several deep breaths, repeat of question, "We were watching the film and I saw a figure come through the exit door, or into the auditorium, a canister went into the air"

a few seconds ago

Likes0

Phil Tenser

Shall I stop posting tweets now?

Marcus Kizzar: "I'm hearing a lot of screaming and stuff" starts to talk about what is wife said, but objection and sustained

Marcus Kizzar: Says he is familiar with weapons from military. Objection and sustained

a minute ago

a few seconds ago

a few seconds ago

Likes0

Phil Tenser

Shall I stop posting tweets now?

The more info the better I think. Two different sources is better. JMO

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 3 minutes ago

Kizzar said he thought the gunman's weapon would jam. Gunman didn't seem very experienced with weapons. Defense objects.

Kizzar said the weapon sounded like an M-16, which is equivalent to an AR-15. He had experience with it in the Army

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2 minutes ago

Marcus said he knew that weapon would jam due to the inexperience of the shooter

Sustained in part, overruled in part

a minute ago

Marcus Kizzar: says it sounded like an M16/AR15

a few seconds ago

Marcus Kizzar handed a diagram, asked to approach the model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors