CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always been of the belief that it's the quality Not the quantity of anything that matters in the end. I would rather have a handful of friends ( true friends) than a barn full of fair weather friends. Actually I really don't refer to those as friends, but acquaintances.. IYKWIM:facepalm:

ARGHHHHH --- I left thinking they were taking the day off. PFFFT

you didn't miss much---the shooters parents are swell upstanding citizens and their children were wonderful--they were good neighbors etc

I really don't think any of this really helps. When Defense asks, did you ever see him get mad?... ect. All I can think he kept everything to himself, no one knew he hated everyone. Ya he was so quiet until he shot a theater full of people.

KDVR FOX31 Denver ‏@KDVR · 14m14 minutes ago
Our legal analyst Chris Decker says counsels may ask #theatershooting judge to tell jury, don't let #LafayetteShooting influence sentencing.

Wout Vergauwen ‏@wout0032 · 27m27 minutes ago
Almost 3 years after Aurora, CO, the US gets shaken up by another #theatershooting in Lafayette, LA - http://reut.rs/1ImtMpJ

MOO--I do wonder if the shooter is proud that he is brought up over this recent shooting/murder??? Wonder if this is his claim to fame? (in his own mind) :thinking:

That was my first thought when I heard the news.... UGH!

My guess....the sick juror will cause delay til Wed. Then, the other jurors who were exposed to her will all get sick. This might go on forever! Why have alternates if they aren't going to be used??

I surely hope not... sinus infections aren't usually contagious (if that's in fact what this juror has).

These witnesses are testifying to the character of the parents! Strange way of a mitigation case, IMO. Seems the defense thru the whole trial, use everything & anything they can, again hoping something sticks.

Just for me, if I was asked to testify for someone I knew in grade school, high school, that became a mass murderer- I might have a problem doing that. Maybe these people are better people than me? I don't know.

I definitely would have a problem with it too. Unless it was someone I was extremely close to and the person had done a complete 180 since then. But I still wouldn't say things like "I support them" ... I'd probably say I felt betrayed (or duped).

Yes. our little zoey -- we'll have to eat your share of coldpizza's breakfast and o.j. and buttered English muffins with strawberry preserves and good, hot coffee with whipped cream and two lumps of sugar. That's for starters, ya know.

I don't think you'll miss much -- heck they might not have court on Monday if juror no. what's-her-number is still sick. Have some stories for us when you get back! Take a breath or two...ahhhhh....

And (((hugs)))

I felt uncomfortable when the lady from the school office gazed lovingly at the shooter. I understand she might remember him with fondness but he murdered 12 people, including a small child. He tried to murder scores more. He has left many many people with physical and emotional scars. How can she put that aside and act like he is an amazing person. Would she feel this way if he had gone back and shot up his childhood school?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago  Longmont, CO
Now Gabrile Menchaca is talking about working with JH as camp counselors in Calif. Jurors will have much video to watch. #theatershooting

The jury should only have to be subjected to this horse poo poo:moo: of a video for 1 hr. and only 1 time:moo:. Defense witnesses -useless:moo:

Yes. our little zoey -- we'll have to eat your share of coldpizza's breakfast and o.j. and buttered English muffins with strawberry preserves and good, hot coffee with whipped cream and two lumps of sugar. That's for starters, ya know.

I don't think you'll miss much -- heck they might not have court on Monday if juror no. what's-her-number is still sick. Have some stories for us when you get back! Take a breath or two...ahhhhh....

And (((hugs)))

Thank you!!!!! Love to see my sister--Love Georgia---Just hate the plane ride! Still uncertain how I'm getting from airport to her house--(I have to watch some pups for a two days)--

I felt uncomfortable when the lady from the school office gazed lovingly at the shooter. I understand she might remember him with fondness but he murdered 12 people, including a small child. He tried to murder scores more. He has left many many people with physical and emotional scars. How can she put that aside and act like he is an amazing person. Would she feel this way if he had gone back and shot up his childhood school?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I felt uncomfortable with a lot of that testimony. I thought that the Judge said no calling the shooter "jimmy"? Am I wrong? I also felt uncomfortable when the atty's kept asking if the witness still supported the shooter and all that other crap they thru in....creeps me out! then when they ask if he was a good boy---:gaah:

I definitely would have a problem with it too. Unless it was someone I was extremely close to and the person had done a complete 180 since then. But I still wouldn't say things like "I support them" ... I'd probably say I felt betrayed (or duped).

I don't think I could---not even for a free vacation (and I would love to see Colorado) -- creepy (word of the day I guess for me :blushing:) Long time ago had a friend and her brother killed his kids---they were making excuses but the rest of us--no it was intentional--bugged me I would have never done anything for that

Just want to add very productive afternoon---vacuumed, changed beds, bathrooms --- and cleaned! Good times!

I surely hope not... sinus infections aren't usually contagious (if that's in fact what this juror has).

My DH has about 3 sinus infections a year -- he knows when he has one -- like I know when I have an ear infection. After he's had about 2--3 doses of the antibiotics, he begins improving quickly. I have never caught one of his sinus infections. If the juror did indeed see her MD today & gets & takes her antibiotics, she should be fine by Monday -- if indeed that's what it is. But if she's like DH, she knows.

Thank you!!!!! Love to see my sister--Love Georgia---Just hate the plane ride! Still uncertain how I'm getting from airport to her house--(I have to watch some pups for a two days)--

Yes, you couldn't hardly have a longer ride, z. From here to there will take a while. And even a big aircraft gets smaller and smaller after too many hours... But when you get there, you'll have a great time!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix