CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bundy was also absurdly intelligent and manipulative.

There are (disturbingly) fascinating interviews w/him on Youtube. Search 'Ted Bundy Final Interview'... 3 parts. Smart sicko that guy.

I've watched plenty of evidence bags being brought out of homes like Casey Anthony's, Mona Nelson's...it's common. Here's an image from a Cleveland crime scene. They are pretty commonly used for evidence.

image5634410x.jpg

From what I have read, they use paper as things don't cling to the material as they do plastic, etc.

They use brown paper bags because there is less chance of contamination or degrading of the evidence. Plastic tends to create and hold moisture and could cause the evidence to become degraded.

Im just coming on line clu......what is this about two bags? LOL! I just saw that discussion when I scanned the posts.

Imo, when LE first got on the scene they would immediately put the bookbag in the large evidence bag and then continue to look for any other evidence that may be around it. When they were through then they would pick the evidence bag up and transport it to be secured in the evidence room. Leaving the bag where it was located gives them a point of reference.

IMO

Did anyone else see the newscast where the reporter was using his bag (briefcase?) to indicate where the backpack was found? He said the backpack was found a couple of feet off the sidewalk in a grassy area. That report was the only place I saw where it was reported to be on the grass, not on the sidewalk. Don't really know what difference it would make, but its another example of contradictory MSM reports.

Colorado is a huge, wild place with countless spots to place a body where it will never be found.

Why did the perp use almost the only open landscape in the entire state?

If he didn't care where she was found, why the effort to place her in an empty field?

He would have just dumped her on the side of the road...along with whatever body parts, and her backpack too.

This is not accidental, to me.

:cow:

You have a point here I didn't think about. And it was right there along the road.

you know what I think an example of a high needs/highly sensitive baby and a narcissistic mother is?
Lisa Irwin.

Was she high needs? I had to walk away from that case after the roller coaster of it all. That one still burns me.

True. Eastern Colorado is pretty much same as Nebraska. But where Jessica was placed was so near the foothills that getting into the foothills was very close.

But he placed it next to a road, not a ditch, culvert etc, but in view.

Your all going to think I am crazy but my kids waited for the bus down the block in the dark for High school.Everyday I would be watching thru the blinds to make sure no one tried to hurt them.Look what happened to Sierra LaMar,no way was I taking a chance with my children.Of course I was out there every morning from kindergarten on up.My kids are now 28 and 30. I had a cousin abducted and murdered so I knew all about the monsters that look like everyone else.Many other parents from kindergarten on some shut the door and went back to sleep or had to leave for work, I would always watch for those kids too.

I am actually doubting this report, now. As far as I know, there was one news station reporting this info. When questioned, LE would not comment about the paper bag. If the backpack was placed in the bag, why not just confirm that? No harm there. I went back and read through threads 1 and 2 last night. I believe the perp wanted the backpack to be found in the spot it was in. I think it is likely that the homeowner who reported the found backpack picked it up to look at it, and possibly even took it inside their home/garage. I know that's what I would do. Who finds something, announces it to be claimed, but leaves it in its "lost" place? I think it made the perp mad that his clue didn't get publicized in the timely manner he wanted, so he left the paper bag in the same spot. (Before backpack was reported.) I think the bag contained her clothing, pieces of it, or her glasses. There is a picture of it (the bag) and it is on the sidewalk with police tape encircling it about 10 feet on all sides, including the street, with NO LE or anyone in the picture. Now, why would LE get the backpack from the homeowner, who admits to picking it up and looking at it...and possibly moving it, put it in a bag, then tape off an area that everyone has already walked on, step back, and THEN take a picture? Once the backpack was placed in the bag.... if it was for evidence sake.... then it wouldn't make sense to put it BACK on the sidewalk, everyone walk away from it, and then take pictures. Or at least I can't make any sense of it. I believe that somehow, the perp got back in that neighborhood undetected. That is one big clue they know he's local. They know he's watching. After the backpack and the bag were found, it is obvious in the presser that LE shifts gears. They mention not to look for Jessica in same clothing, or with her glasses on. (LE for 'we found clothes') They begin to search only open spaces. This was a clue left in maybe the backpack... maybe in a notebook, or a textbook in the bag. They had to look closely to find it, and LE mentions in presser going over the contents of the bag for what was Jessica's and what wasn't. They also started collecting DNA (LE speak for 'we are looking at a murder') As far as I know, DNA is not usually collected for less serious crimes. There was a clue that was sexual or fatal in nature that made them start that. In this same presser... LE asks media to PLEASE cooperate with them in not publishing certain information that might be crucial evidence. There were tweets of bagged evidence at another location by media, but NO photo. I know LE asks this in all cases, but there was a plea to his voice that was different. LE also makes a random, odd sentence in presser that has no bearing on the sentence prior to it, or after it. It wasn't a question asked by media. "We are not concerned with distance in this case." What does that mean? Was it a message to the perp? They also abruptly moved the command center from the rec center, then posted a pic of new command center. Did he taunt them about what he was seeing there? Was this interaction with the perp?

These are ways I think LE knows it's one of their own community. One possibly on foot at times.... maybe even a journalist or member of the community that others would EXPECT to find near the crime scenes. He might even be helping so much that his family and friends think he is such a swell guy for caring so much about this child's murder. He does not stand out. He isn't creepy, sweaty, balding, with warts all over and a hook for his left hand. He's one of them, and that is the scariest part of all.

Please excuse the absence of links. The phone makes that difficult. The pictures and presser links I am speaking of are found near the end of thread 1 and throughout thread 2.

All of this is just my observations, opinions, and guesses.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

BBM
Good question - and I think you kinda answered it. If the homeowner had taken it inside anywhere, police would have bagged it where he had it, and wouldn't have taken it back outside to where it was initially found - to do so, would in my view, make no sense!

It is more likely that the homeowner saw it with his wife when he returned from being out... and then the next day, when it was still there, he and a neighbor opened it to see if they could figure out if it belonged to some kid they knew (maybe return it to the kid etc). This guy then posted to a list server the location of the bag, and said basically, 'come get it'.... not realizing the significance of the find. I don't think he brought it inside then took it back outside. He was advised of significance and then promptly dialed for police. It makes more sense to me that police arrived, and bagged it to prevent the loss of hair, fibers etc that may have been on the exterior, while they talked to the witness, and investigated the area for any further clues.

Another thought to ponder - the bag that Jessica left home with, may NOT have been the bag they found. It could have been another one entirely (new, but exactly the same, or completely different - perhaps a bag from someone else / clue to another crime). There was nothing remarkable about it - nothing that prompted the witness to call 911 immediately - indeed it appeared ordinary, with a keychain and water bottle bearing the name jessica (her last name may have been on the water bottle). Interestingly, we don't know if she owned such items, or if they were indeed on / in her backpack when she disappeared. Just thinking out loud again...

About their then searching open spaces only - I'm betting the bag had transfer evidence (soil particles, tree or plant pollen, grass... something that they found forensically that indicated the bag had been in an open space). There is a case currently involving a little boy who's mother committed suicide in a motel and left a note to advise that she'd given away her son and he'd never be found..... in that case, forensics indicate the car they drove in was near a meadow or pond in the time before her suicide..... and notes the kinds of plant life etc to be found in the area, even that its not a farming area.... as per evidence collected off the tires of her car (here is the case link: http://www.aurora-il.org/detail_news.php?newsDateID=1059)

now... where did I leave that box? lol:truce:

Snipped by me. :)

Actually not true. Most of Colorado is flat and open high plains. Eastern Colorado. And up to the the foothills it's just open rolling prairies for gazillions of acres.

Yup. Most people either think we ski to work, or we ride horses. But Colorado is mostly prairie land.

http://www.boulderweekly.com/article-9977-jessica-ridgeway-ske.html

Jessica Ridgeway: Sketches of a killer
Profilers, criminology studies piece together information to describe suspect
By David Accomazzo and Elizabeth Miller

Photo by Elizabeth Miller
Searchers look through a field near where Jessica's body was found.
One of the starkest aspects of the Jessica Ridgeway murder case is the lack of evidence and clues. That no one saw anything smacks of either cold professionalism or blind tragedy.

But even the basic, gruesome details can reveal certain aspects of the crime. Police say Jessica’s body was “not intact.” She was taken in broad daylight, in a neighborhood with potentially dozens of witnesses who might have (but tragically didn’t) witnessed the abduction.

read more-

Does anyone think that the backpack had some of her remains?

Not unless it was microscopically contained because there was nothing about the pack or its contents as viewed by the man or the neighbor who found it that immediately prompted them to call LE. Rather, they posted about the find online, not realizing its significance.

From Westminster PD Facebook Update:

Westminster PD

Date – October 18, 2012

In an attempt to uncover any lead that may help identify the individual responsible for the abduction and subsequent murder of Jessica Ridgeway; authorities are asking the community to try and remember anything that was suspicious or out of place near the Ketner Lake Open Space during the Memorial Day holiday weekend. Due to the time frame and geographic proximity of Jessica’s disappearance and the attempted abduction near the Ketner Lake Open Space, police are trying to determine if there is any connection between the two cases. The suspect from the attempted abduction at Ketner Lake on May 28, 2012 was described as follows:

• Light skinned male
• 18 – 30’s (or someone who’s appearance with a ball cap may look that age)
• Brown hair
• Medium build
• 5’06” to 5’08” (Height can vary above or below these approximations)

Westminster police and assisting law enforcement agencies have been unable to associate any vehicle in either of these incidents. Several metro area law enforcement jurisdictions are working other cases of attempted abductions and various vehicle or suspect descriptions have been provided. In regards to Westminster’s cases, we only have the above description to provide.

Working with the FBI and the Behavioral Analysis Unit we are asking the public to call us if anyone around you changed their behavior, acted unusual, failed to show up for a family activity or other change that was unusual. We are specifically looking for these behavior changes on October 5, 2012 and days after Jessica’s disappearance and the Memorial Day weekend.

Tips can be given to the Westminster Police Department tip center by calling 303-658-4336 or by sending an email to: PDamberalert@cityofwestminster.us

Do you guys know of a site that allows for one to run a free license plate check? I googled, but am not afraid to click and get a computer virus, so thought I'd ask if there's a site you guys have experience using. Thank you.

Who finds something, announces it to be claimed, but leaves it in its "lost" place?

Snipped by me.

Only way I would take it inside is if I knew the child or parent. If I did not know the child or parent I would have done the same as this guy did. Send an email saying come and get it.

Not unless it was microscopically contained because there was nothing about the pack or its contents as viewed by the man or the neighbor who found it that immediately prompted them to call LE. Rather, they posted about the find online, not realizing its significance.

We don't know for sure if the man opened the backpack

Not being snarky, but do you have a link to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels