CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 8:30 in the morning, the temperature was 37 degrees with scattered clouds. There was no snow or drizzle until much later in the day ... and then there was only .4 inches of snow.

temp8_30AM.jpg

http://weather.mercurynews.com/auto/mercurynews/history/airport/KDEN/2012/10/5/DailyHistory.html

Thanks. That doesn't look so bad. Glad there was no precip. ty

still trying to catch up... but I was just looking at all of the pictures of the search on 10/6 at Kettner Lake. This got me to thinking. The LE have a way of telling us what they know without telling us.. like the comment after the BP was found "we think she changed her clothes" or "focus on what her face looks like without the glasses"... so why the immediate focus on Kettner Lake (including dive teams, etc -- the next day). I'm specualting this may be a tip that the dogs actually led them there and that is where she disappeared from. Interesting because they clearly had not tied this to the May attempt at that point, so while it may be obvious to search there... they had so many other places they could have searched but they went there immediately the next day. Just a thought.

the other case that is connected to Jessica's involved force (grabbing) and a chemically soaked rag. I do not believe she "accepted" a ride. I think she was either forced or lured.:twocents:

IMO only
I also think she was most likely lured or forced into a vehicle.

I wont go all overboard again today about the rag, but I keep thinking that he probably used the same method with Jessica, as he used with the jogger (since LE says they are related).

I keep thinking that if a person goes through the trouble to either make or obtain the chemical (for example = chloroform), that same person would want to actually use it.

Somebody asked yesterday how quick the fumes will knock out a person, and from watching TV shows, I think it is pretty immediate so long as the person breathes it in all the way. I do think the person probably tested it out on either another person or a dog first to be sure it worked. If the 3rd case at the bar ends up being related, perpaps the multiple perps tested it out on each other, and knew they had a chemical that would knock out a person real quick, and maybe that is why we saw so many attempts of using the rag because they knew it would work so long as they got the person to breathe it in.

Anyway, I sure hope LE catches him/them soon. This is a very scary situation. I still cant believe there are no DNA matches to other people in their databases. It seems this person would have had a record. Even finger prints from maybe the garbage bags seems like they should have found some prints and it should have matched someone who had a record. I find it really strange this perp(s) does not have a criminal record.

There has been no word yet of prints being recovered, but I found that odd since when opening up trash bags, it seems it would provide prints rather easily, unless they wore gloves. But it is hard to open trash bags with gloves on because they stick and you need to almost do it bare handed.

possibly. from a local perspective, ketner lake is pretty much directly across the street from Witt Elementary. the school is in between JR's house and the lake. i believe initial reports from the trackign dogs was that there wasnt a strong lead

still trying to catch up... but I was just looking at all of the pictures of the search on 10/6 at Kettner Lake. This got me to thinking. The LE have a way of telling us what they know without telling us.. like the comment after the BP was found "we think she changed her clothes" or "focus on what her face looks like without the glasses"... so why the immediate focus on Kettner Lake (including dive teams, etc -- the next day). I'm specualting this may be a tip that the dogs actually led them there and that is where she disappeared from. Interesting because they clearly had not tied this to the May attempt at that point, so while it may be obvious to search there... they had so many other places they could have searched but they went there immediately the next day. Just a thought.

So are you thinking the backpack and its contents held a crucial piece of evidence or clue? This was before the remains were found right? tia

I wonder if an item that belonged to Jessica was found at the Ketner Lake area?

So are you thinking the backpack and its contents held a crucial piece of evidence or clue? This was before the remains were found right? tia

No, this is before even the BP was found the next day (Sun 10/7). On Sat 10/6 the first and only massive volunteer search (all others searches were just LE) was focussed on Ketner Lake. Which as someone else pointed out is actually South of the school. i.e. further away from her house. There are so many places that they could have searched, but they immediately concentrated most of their resources on the area around the lake. It would seem like they must have had some reason for doing that. My only guess is dogs. Also, and I need to find it again, but there is a picture of a makeshift "shelter" that was in the open area around the lake. Are any locals familiar with that? Pretty distrubing to see a structure like that IMO.

I wonder if an item that belonged to Jessica was found at the Ketner Lake area?

Ok, that makes sense also, but in either case that implies that she was there and this would mean that it is likely the first area where she was taken. Which makes sense given we now know that the same perp tried to abduct someone in that same area at least once previously and possibly may be the same person from the attempted choking of the 8 year old previously and possibly others...

Well I read Jessica spoke to the friends Father not the friend!

Yes, she talked to the father. But asked the father if the friend was walking to school that morning. I guess she was making sure about that since it was snowing.

ETA: Oops...just read the weather report from the morning of Jessica's disappearance. It must not have been snowing at the time she left but it was forecast to start at some point that day.

bbm, I wonder if her glasses were found there, (lake area) and that is why they said to focus on her without glasses.

did you catch any of the GPS/panic button products we were discussing yesterday? sounds like if she carried one of those would help you feel better.

Yes, I was reading about that. Still, I would rather have an officer with her, or watching her, than for her to have to hit a panic button and wait.

I think we are going to be able to get an officer to follow her, or any of the ladies, to the bank each night.

Thanks, absentia!!

bbm, I wonder if her glasses were found there, (lake area) and that is why they said to focus on her without glasses.

Upthread is a link to pics from the search and it looks like there were several bags of evidence...

Below is a documented and sourced by me timeline of sorts of all the attempted abductions within the last 18 months in this particular area of Colorado.
------------------

Thank you very much. I think we may have a lot to learn in terms of what profilers look at in: victimilogy.

You know what I'm saying. Is it only that the victims were isolated and random? I know many of you have posted about this subject. For example, many posters here believe that the perp.(s) tried to abduct adult females, but then moved on to children because it was easier to abduct them.

Maybe we should have a dedicated thread that organizes the similarities/dissimilarities, i.e. adult, child, female, male, hair color, etc. of the victims.

I know that a lot of info. isn't released about victims who are alive and that is to protect them and their families, etc.

What are the thoughts on this?

Yes, I was reading about that. Still, I would rather have an officer with her, or watching her, than for her to have to hit a panic button and wait.

I think we are going to be able to get an officer to follow her, or any of the ladies, to the bank each night.

OT + IMO
I am glad you are concerned and rightfully so. It is sad that the owners would even make that a policy just because they dont want the cash in their store overnight for a potential robbery. My feeling is the owner should invest in a safe and allow them to just put in safe and leave. Let the owner take the deposits in the following day themselves or even employees, but at least during daylight hours and at random times during the day. The policies of that place are so "old fashioned" because I had seen similar policies many years ago, and probably a lot of businesses still do this sort of thing, but IMO, it is dangerous and it doesnt need to be that way.

Whether it is for saving the 1 day of interest money or whether it is to prevent the deposits from being left in the store overnight, it is still not worth the risk of human harm IMO.

I quite a job years ago because it just seemed like a place just waiting to get robbed, so I know what you mean. I worked one day, and kept thinking that each customer was coming in to rob the place. I never went back and told them to keep my 1 day pay. The place was in a bad location, and the hours were late till midnight. I couldnt take it, and I worry about almost all convenience store employees as well.

Anyway, I think you are wise to be cautious about this. It is just not worth the risk IMO, and I think their policies are selfish for the owners sake only. They are putting employees in harms way for their selfish reasons, when there are other ways to deal with it.

At 8:30 in the morning, the temperature was 37 degrees with scattered clouds. There was no snow or drizzle until much later in the day ... and then there was only .4 inches of snow.

http://weather.mercurynews.com/auto/mercurynews/history/airport/KDEN/2012/10/5/DailyHistory.html

Denver area weather varies a lot depending on location. These weather records are from DIA, a long way from Jessica's neighborhood and several hundred feet lower in elevation.

Rocky Mountain Airport in Broomfield is only about a half mile away from Jessica's home. If we could find weather records from that airport, it would give us a much better idea of conditions for her walk to school that fateful morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member