CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think the body belongs to the other missing child from Avada.

This body was found very close to the road and by now someone would have found the body a long time ago if it was the child missing since 1999.

IMO

Wow. So there are three people who match that description of the 'candy man':

1) the teacher
2) an RSO in Alvada
3) an RSO whose whereabouts are unknown (someone linked it earlier)

Sadly, I fully expect the person responsible for Jessica's disappearence is a sex offender and more than likely a RSO with priors and nothing more than a slap on the wrist. IMO When will we learn that these scumbags will not change? How many more kids...

I hope the police are taking a very serious look at all of these people. The teacher is scary, and the RSO in Arvada hopefully has cops camped out on his lawn.

If an RSO did this, I would think he would want to dispose of the evidence very quickly because surely he knew the cops would be coming around.

I was saying this at the very end of the previous thread....but I am wondering if LE is thinking that they have a local perp, and maybe even have an idea of who he is, and they now want to observe his actions in response to the body being located. I don't know if that could be but I suppose I am hoping they have the perp under their watch.

I dont know if they do but I do believe there will be a rush put on the forensic lab results to determine if the monster left his DNA behind.

LE knows this is top priority. There is a pedophile out there kidnapping and murdering young children. No child is safe until they arrest who has done this to Jessica and may have already done this before to other children.

WOW the margins are blown!

IMO

I'm beyond sick at the moment! I just can't wrap my mind around how such evil exists in this world. Not to mention angry, at no one in particular...just in general.

Could these situations be avoided to any degree? If our country invested more $$ in to programs/research & incarceration of RSO/LEO/educational systems/ANYTHING!!! so safer options are available to everyone, instead of granting asinine amounts of money on such things as "the viscosity of ketchup" (not a literal example) would we see a decrease at all?

Maybe I'm just grasping at anything that makes sense and to take the blame while we await the confirmation/explanation/arrest? I'm just sick to death of innocent babies being wiped out/missing forever simply for living out their little lives...as they should be!

I'm a bit confused about something....the man who tried to entice the children (both boys) with candy has not been located or identified. But we do have a sketch of his likeness?

And we have 3 potential individuals who live nearby who could match this sketch? Sorry, but I have forgotten what I have read about that part of the case.

I dont think the body belongs to the other missing child from Avada.

This body was found very close to the road and by now someone would have found the body a long time ago if it was the child missing since 1999.

IMO

No one was saying they think this body belongs to another missing child from 1999. The conversation was about where there any other missing children from Arvada, and the 1999 missing girl was mentioned.

BTW, can you arrest someone who entices or lures a child with candy?

I'm beyond sick at the moment! I just can't wrap my mind around how such evil exists in this world. Not to mention angry, at no one in particular...just in general.

Could these situations be avoided to any degree? If our country invested more $$ in to programs/research & incarceration of RSO/LEO/educational systems/ANYTHING!!! so safer options are available to everyone, instead of granting asinine amounts of money on such things as "the viscosity of ketchup" (not a literal example) would we see a decrease at all?

Maybe I'm just grasping at anything that makes sense and to take the blame while we await the confirmation/explanation/arrest? I'm just sick to death of innocent babies being wiped out/missing forever simply for living out their little lives...as they should be!

The problem is a lot of pedophiles are never caught. Those caught and put in the system are just a drop in the bucket compared to the number of pedophiles out there.

He may or may not be in the system.

Just look at how many attemptied abductions we read about where they never find the suspect.

IMO

Police haven't officially tied the crime scene at the Pattridge Park open space in Arvada to the missing girl. But investigators have reasons to believe it is the body of the girl who vanished Friday on her walk to school, stressing that a positive identification will take time, according to three sources.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/colorado-b...dgeway-sources/story?id=17449354#.UHbWXy7XZik

While I am no fan of unnamed "sources" inside investigations. I tend to believe (in this case) these three sources. Logic leads me to the same conclusions.

I'm a bit confused about something....the man who tried to entice the children (both boys) with candy has not been located or identified. But we do have a sketch of his likeness?

And we have 3 potential individuals who live nearby who could match this sketch? Sorry, but I have forgotten what I have read about that part of the case.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/09/...ase-sketch-in-child-enticement-investigation/

The police sketch is included in the article.

As to the three potential individuals who might match the sketch, I don't know.

Absolutely if LE can find them.

IMO

What is the charge? An old grandmother (and no offense, cause I'm a grandmother...lol) could offer a passing child candy and give them a hug but that wouldn't necessarily be considered a crime.

I've been quietly following the search for Jessica. Whoever they found last night, Jessica or some other unknown soul, God bless that victim and their loved ones.

I am no medical professional or pathologist, but I've followed a few of these cases and, unfortunately, a few things learned on past cases have occured to me.

This below opinion is morbid/may be hard to read for some so warning!

One, if the victim's body was left lying in the open, it would not be unheard of for portions of the body to be disturbed/removed by animal scavengers.

On the other side of the coin, some aspects of the victim may be be better preserved this time of year than if they'd been left out in the open in the height of summer. I looked up the temp history for the days Jessica has been missing, I'll try to link it here:

http://weathersource.com/account/of...n-id=12148&latitude=39.8756&longitude=-105.04

(if anyone can make that link, uh, not four lines long, that'd be great!) :blushing:

Anyway, it looks like Westminster had very cold night-time temps and cool 'mean' temps for a lot of those days. Not to be crude, but 8 plus night time hours of 29 degrees has a freezer like effect. Perhaps not perfect preservation, but certainly slowing things down.

On dental, as a former dental assitant (though I did nothing forensic!), I'd have to agree with some posters here--first, we don't know if she saw a dentist regulary, and if she had any identifying work. Even without work, our bites/ tooth allignment/tooth shape in x-ray or clay study model are still pretty individual, but first you have to track down the dentist, then you have to get him to answer the phone. Dentists generally don't get middle of the night emergency calls like an OB/Gyn would. Then you gotta get him to the office, copy and somehow deliver the x-rays. (This dentist may be out of state and he may not have electronic x-rays). All that said, once they had x-rays in hand and a forensic dentist on site, yeah, it would be a pretty quick yes/no ID.

All MOO and hope that helps....

No one was saying they think this body belongs to another missing child from 1999. The conversation was about where there any other missing children from Arvada, and the 1999 missing girl was mentioned.

Oh I know that. I was the one who asked were there any more missing children from that area and it was kindly answered.

I was just voicing my opinion that I dont believe the body found yesterday is that child.

Thats all.

A45InBSCEAAGWZG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members