CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the Arvada sketch and the photo of the teacher are a match. Just like a teacher to lure a kid with candy, too.

What is the charge? An old grandmother (and no offense, cause I'm a grandmother...lol) could offer a passing child candy and give them a hug but that wouldn't necessarily be considered a crime.

I think it depends on the intent of the person offering the candy. I'm sure someone will find and post the applicable statutes or whatever, but my take is that someone using candy to lure a child into their vehicle has to be a crime, since you can infer that their intent is not good.

Whereas a kindly grandma offering a cute little kid a piece of candy doesn't seem that nefarious and is probably not a crime.

All JMO.

ETA: But the hug might be a different story . . .

What horrible news to wake up to this morning. :banghead: Poor little girl. :(

I have read a few articles but haven't read who found the body. I know it was in a park but was it searchers or did a random person happen upon the body? Was it out in the open or hidden?

TIA

Looks like the Arvada sketch and the photo of the teacher are a match. Just like a teacher to lure a kid with candy, too.

I havent kept up with this teacher so forgive my ignorance.

What grade did he teach and was it at the school where the dogs tracked the bookbag to?

tia

I wouldn't call it a match, exactly, but I do see enough of a similarity to make me wonder.

I will bet this guy lives right in her neighborhood, especially looking at the map. When 85% to 95% of the time they assault someone they know, chances are good.

Thank you gliving for the map....it's getting a lot of use!!

A teacher would be trusted for a ride on a cold morning too. Plus, wouldn't look out of place hanging around a school, which might necessitate the need for increased police presence and lockout.

All IMO, of course. ;)

his address at the time of his arrest: the teacher did not reside in the same town. I agree the sketches have a lot of similarities.

What grade did he teach and was it at the school where the dogs tracked the bookbag to?

tia

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...r-arrested-child-*advertiser censored*-charge

The photo of this teacher looks very similar to the sketch released of the man who attempted to lure two different boys to his vehicle in September.

What is the charge? An old grandmother (and no offense, cause I'm a grandmother...lol) could offer a passing child candy and give them a hug but that wouldn't necessarily be considered a crime.

If they are using candy as an inticement to get them into their vehicles.

It is the intent shefner.

Bumping from last thread:

www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_...r-arrested-child-*advertiser censored*-charge

Is it just me, or does he look an awful lot like the Aravada child enticement UID sketch?

ETA-I checked Jefferson County lockup and he is NOT in their custody. He must be out on bond.

ocean, here is the article on the teacher that was posted upstream. It talks about where he taught (answers the questions you posted)

I see the body was out in the open in the video I just watched. That clip has me in tears and feeling physically ill.

I don't know how much more of this I can follow. I just want SO badly to pull my own 10-yo daughter out of school for the day and snuggle with her.

Those poor parents. :(

tia

The teacher taught in Westminster and was arrested for child *advertiser censored* this past summer. The connection, if any, isn't to Jessica but to the attempted lurings of two young Arvada males. The sketch and his photo are as similar as it gets, IMHO.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...r-arrested-child-*advertiser censored*-charge

The photo of this teacher looks very similar to the sketch released of the man who attempted to lure two different boys to his vehicle in September.

Thank you so much Marilyn.

I do see a resemblence especially the eye brows and short dark hair.

IMO

Oh I know that. I was the one who asked were there any more missing children from that area and it was kindly answered.

I was just voicing my opinion that I dont believe the body found yesterday is that child.

Thats all.

Sorry if my answer seemed snarky to you. Not my intent at all. I was just worried that, as sometimes happens, someone might read our posts about the 1999 case and think we are making a connection, and then all kinds of rumors would be kicking around in no time. JMO

I think it depends on the intent of the person offering the candy. I'm sure someone will find and post the applicable statutes or whatever, but my take is that someone using candy to lure a child into their vehicle has to be a crime, since you can infer that their intent is not good.

Whereas a kindly grandma offering a cute little kid a piece of candy doesn't seem that nefarious and is probably not a crime.

All JMO.

ETA: But the hug might be a different story . . .

Well, I'm a good ole (notice the spelling...that is not "OLD" but "ole"...haha) southern mimi. In the south, there is lots of hugging, especially from all the ladies over 40. I hug people standing in the grocery line if they look like they need it....and I tell them their babies are "just beautiful," even if they're not especially. And yes, I say, "Aww...you are precious."
If they arrest me, I'll tell the officer..."Here, honey, let me give you a hug. Now tell me, who is your mama...I bet I know her. Is her name Mildred? Aww....she is precious. Tell her I said hey."

ocean, here is the article on the teacher that was posted upstream. It talks about where he taught (answers the questions you posted)

Thank you. It is so sad that we cant even trust our teachers or really know who they are.

It makes me feel sad for the good teachers who wouldnt ever harm children.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member