GUILTY CO - Jordan Vong, 7, found deceased, Denver, 6 Aug 2018 *arrests*

Affidavit: Teenage aunt allegedly killed Jordan Vong after he asked her to play video games

DENVER — Newly released court documents in the Jordan Vong case are shedding new light into the events that led to the 7-year-old boy’s death.

According to probable cause statement obtained by Denver7, the 16-year-old girl accused of killing her nephew told police she pushed Jordan off her bed after he refused to move and amid a crying fit and “placed her hand over Jordan's mouth and plugged his nose as Jordan began to struggle for a few minutes."

According to the document, the teenage suspect told police that on Aug. 6 Vong went down to her basement bedroom and asked her to play video games with him. When she refused, the boy became upset and laid down on her bed, the document read. She said this made her angry, which caused her to push the boy off her bed “causing him to strike his face on the floor,” the statement read.

The document said after Jordan stopped moving, the girl told police she put the body underneath her bed before removing it, wrapping it in a blanket and placing it in a portable closet in her room.

She told investigators that she did not say a word to family members about what she allegedly did or where the body was hidden. Vong’s body was found by authorities in the portable closet Tuesday evening amid the execution of a search warrant.
Affidavit: Teenage aunt allegedly killed Jordan Vong after he asked her to play video games

Important to note that although Auntie "charged" as an adult, does not mean she will be "tried" as an adult. A request for reverse transfer hearing could happen sending case to juvenile court for judge to decide.

Attachments

• when-a-child-can-be-tried-as-an-adult.pdf
    97.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I think she is leaving out a few things. I think she is trying to downplay the brutality of her assault. Like he just got pushed off the bed, hurt his nose, and then died. I am sure we will hear it was much worse than she is telling us so far.

Police said the victim’s mother called 911 and reported her son missing. She told police she last saw Vong in the living room of their residence using his tablet computer.

In another article, it mentioned that the girl said this happened around noon.
Absolutely heartbreaking . I noticed the video said the family statements had been inconsistent . The Aunt claims they had no knowledge of death or concealment . However I wonder if her mother or someone else is in the house as well that had suspicion of her actions. The Police had said the family was “cooperative to a point” . There are still many missing details with the story line . Not accusing them of murder but perhaps something else was in the home not related to crime but illegal ?

Question, I have seen up thread that they were talking about in a mainstream media article that the police have been called to the address before. I did a screenshot which had the address which was in mainstream media above, and posted a screenshot in this thread. Are we allowed to Google and talk about the charges and that?

Last edited:
Absolutely heartbreaking . I noticed the video said the family statements had been inconsistent . The Aunt claims they had no knowledge of death or concealment . However I wonder if her mother or someone else is in the house as well that had suspicion of her actions. The Police had said the family was “cooperative to a point” . There are still many missing details with the story line . Not accusing them of murder but perhaps something else was in the home not related to crime but illegal ?

I'm not sure which aunt you're talking about, and I'm not sure what we are allowed to talk about.

I'll tiptoe around it perhaps, but there are two aunts, and one which had posted on her Facebook that is the one that was arrested. I did a lot of screenshots before it was pulled down two days afterwards that she was arrested. Is that what you were referring to?

Since the accused Aunt Facebook is now pull down, are we allowed to discuss here at all what was said on her Facebook before she was arrested?

I feel for the other Aunt as perhaps she is being confused with the other aunt.

Last edited:
Question, I have seen up thread that they were talking about in a mainstream media article that the police have been called to the address before. I did a screenshot which had the address which was in mainstream media above, and posted a screenshot in this thread. Are we allowed to Google and talk about the charges and that?
So additional charges have been on the address before this crime ?

Jordan Vong death investigation: Boy's aunt, 16, to be charged as an adult

"will face first-degree murder charges as an adult, a Tuesday morning court hearing confirmed...."

"Jennie Bunsom turned 16 on August 5".. the day before he was murdered

Twitter
She faces charges of first-degree murder after deliberation and first-degree murder by a person in a position of trust.

Details about Denver boy's death emerge, name of 16-year-old accuser released
Jennie Bunsom was charged with first-degree murder after deliberation and first-degree murder of a person under the age of 12 by a person in a position of trust in the death of 7-year-old

https://www.westword.com/news/jenni...unt-charged-will-killing-jordan-vong-10661244
The document, which is accessible below, begins at 4:23 p.m. on August 6, when Vong's mother dialed 911 and reported her son missing. She said he'd last been seen in the living room of their residence, on the 4900 block of Fairplay Street, about 45 minutes earlier. At the time, he'd been using his tablet computer and wearing a pair of gray sweatpants..

The PC statement notes that because the crawlspace in the residence was cluttered, law enforcers requested a search warrant in able to conduct a more thorough search.

Early the next morning, Bunsom was interviewed in the presence of her mother, and she's said to have voluntarily agreed to speak to an MEP detective. The story she told, as recounted in the police report, includes a time discrepancy related to the last time Vong's mother saw him — but it reveals the alleged specifics of the crime.

Her first advisement hearing is likely to be announced this afternoon.

Probable cause is linked at this above link.

Jennie Bunsom Probable Cause Statement

For it to play out exactly like she says, I imagine she'd have to be dragging him off the bed by his feet, sending his face abruptly into the floor (which may be concrete considering this is a basement). It's also possible there is missing information like he interrupted her doing something she wanted concealed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlop
Back