Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #16 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

I don't think that I really believe that in an honest LE agency.

2. Beamer15

Beamer15 Well-Known Member

This is so true about the bleach, people use it to clean everything- but luminol lights it up.

Not only blood- but what about otherbody fluids ? you lose control of bowel and bladder upon death.

3. Hatch

Hatch Well-Known Member

I sure hope your right ! I want to believe as you do also ! I know many ethical folks in the industry.

inmyhumbleopinion, susiQ and MassGuy like this.
  4. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

Not true. Luminol lights up blood. And most people do not lose bladder and bowel control at death. They do seep those things after death, but not at the point of death.

5. GoJacks

GoJacks Well-Known Member

I'd like to believe the brother is an ethical guy. on this basis imagine being LE in a town 20~ miles away while your brother is now facing murder chargers on a case that has made world news. yikes.

6. Beamer15

Beamer15 Well-Known Member

Agree w you about the luminol, but not about loss of control- I work in a hospital- I see this upon tragic death.

7. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised for how many young women it is attractive. In fact, I always thought that PF would seem attractive to KB because he is tall and she, petite (opposites attract). And maybe it is only on photos, but he has this "pretty boy", youngish, face. So as long as he kept his mouth shut, flexed his muscles or spoke about dogs, he'd come across as OK. She may not have seen him being cruel to animals. And then, she was isolated there.

But the first time he got angry with her, she must have been scared. (And it is quite possible that his anger progressed with age, but no one noticed it. Remember, his classmates considered him "a gentle soul"? Anger issues might have been slowly developing, and god knows what else was there, but I doubt he ever realized he needed help.)

I think that a soft-mannered woman could elicit a better response interviewing PF than a guy. With guys, he'll clam up.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  8. Charlot123

You need tiny amounts of blood in other body fluids to react with liminol. I read that people have to be trained with luminol and not "overdo" it.

Hatch and Beamer15 like this.
  9. Charlot123

He, most likely, did not tell them the whole story.

Hatch likes this.
  10. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

Yes, violent death. Out of fear. Not all deaths.

11. Charlot123

They work under a lot of stress, and it is a high-risk profession. Plus, they see the worst side of life. Remember LEs who had to extract CW's daughters? They all probably see some things one can't unsee. It might have certain effect on people, for one, cause burnout, but i'd like to believe that most of LE are ethical. Most likely, they are normal, regular people, some better, some worse, like in any other profession.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  12. alucardsdream

alucardsdream Well-Known Member

No, it's not from fear. As you die, certain muscles contract and others will loosen, which causes the contents of your bowels to release. It's actually pretty common in dogs, as well...if you've ever had to have a dog put down, the vet will warn you ahead of time because it's not pretty.

13. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

Not so. I am a registered nurse. People just die without that. I a have also have had dogs euthanised and carried them home on my shoulder without that.

14. jillianelaine

jillianelaine Former Member

About the contents of her bowels being released. I only had recently became aware that that happens in death! It was one piece of evidence which led the police to believe that a woman had most likely been killed in the home of someone she knew. That, in itself, was not enough for a conviction.

Seenit and alucardsdream like this.
  15. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Possibly the LE brother in a town 20 miles away will seek a transfer.
    This would avoid a great deal of gossip amongst town folk.
    This brother will surely be stressed by this.
    MOO.

16. alucardsdream

You were lucky...I've had three dogs euthanized by a vet that makes house calls and each time the vet would warn me about it, and all three times it happened. My grandmother and grandfather both died at home in their sleep, and it happened with them as well.

"The ill person may lose the ability to control urine and stool as the muscles in that area begin to relax. Check with your doctor about whether a catheter is needed. Disposable bed pads or adult disposable briefs also may help."

https://www.kchospice.org/family/caregiver-tips/when-death-nears/

17. alucardsdream

Gary Ridgeway, the Green River killer, told the detectives interviewing him that he would always put a sheet down for that very reason. I don't know if PF would be that smart, though.

18. LucyOso

LucyOso Verified Registered Nurse

It depends. In a natural death, like age or a disease process, intake of fluids and food diminishes leading up to the death. There usually is not much to eliminate even though the body continues to produce both bowel and bladder waste. In this case, there can still be a little after death seepage or none at all.

However, in a sudden death, there can be bowel and bladder leakage because the sphincters relax. This can be positional or related to gas build up. It happens frequently enough. But, there are multiple variables ...

19. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain't The Ones Beneath The Bed

A first time killer isn’t going to worry about that, as he’s got bigger fish to fry.

He’s got to worry about blood anyways, and most of the time, that’s something considered after the fact.

He’s a dumbass, not a criminal mastermind.

Obviously.

Sunny123, singlemom, borndem and 19 others like this.
  20. jillianelaine

jillianelaine Former Member

With relatives in the police force and a mother who was a nurse, he may have been aware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.