CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #24 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
KK could have been tricked into thinking she was just helping Patrick
secure custody since we know that Patrick told his 2-Mile High Club buddy (Donkey Derby guy) that KB would disappear for days (or something to that effect).
imo
This is the best theory I've seen as to a possible benign explanation of why KK would dispose of the phone. Here's what I'm thinking. IF KK had no idea that PF had murdered KB and simply took the phone to turn it on, allow it to send the queued texts, and then destroy it, then she would have left HER phone on all the way to ID. And IF one of those search warrants was for KK's phone, LE might have access to incriminating texts sent between KK and PF. MOO

Last edited:
Oh ok, thanks. (I’m in the tech industry working for a very large tech company and we don’t have the concept of paid administrative leave so I’m unfamiliar with this concept.)

Plus, a patient or two might frown on their nurse being involved in a murder investigation. Not much to do in the hospital but watch TV.
Not to mention the distraction, lol. Her peers might have a lot of questions, leaving bedside lights a flashing.

The notoriety about this case may affect her ability to provide care to patients or to interact with the staff and physicians she needs to work with.

For example, a patient may object to having her start an IV, take vital signs, provide medications. Or even have her name associated with their chart.

Herat~I wonder, would she even be capable of performing her duties? I’d be sick, frightened, etc. I would be so worried about my life I could not focus on that of another.

Can someone familiar with the health care industry please help me understand the reasons for why a nurse would be put on administrative leave in the context of what we know so far in this case?
Here is an article that gives a general idea:

Employees who may represent a danger to other employees, the workplace or company operations should be removed pending disciplinary investigation into their alleged misconduct. Placing an employee on a non-disciplinary, paid administrative leave affords the employer the opportunity to conduct a full, fair investigation while minimizing the chances that the employee will commit additional misconduct. Administrative leave does not constitute an adverse action and does not assume guilt on the part of the employee. Employees have certain rights while on leave.
Employee Rights Regarding Administrative Leave Pending Investigation

Police: Colorado woman likely killed at home, fiance charged

SABBMFAA:
She said the couple had weathered some financial struggles. Frazee runs a cattle ranch, and prices for the industry have been poor, delaying their plans to find a house and move in together, Cheryl Berreth said.

"They had plans that haven't worked out as they would have liked. But they've dealt with that and they've made things work regardless," she said.

Hi, Mercedes, I'm not the OP, but the only thing I can remember off the top of my head is this quote above where CB did make these somewhat oblique references to difficulties which could (IMO) be interpreted as indications of problems b/t PF and KB.

It may be that this was as much as CB felt she could safely say, given PF had her granddaughter in his physical possession at the time.

I do note with great interest that the "struggles" CB alluded to were of a financial nature.

Thank you, I think I was focusing on the word “problems.”
Sorry, OP.
I do remember, very early on, someone saying “it was a long story.” It may have been the “verified insider” or not.
Thanks again.

If she was scared, or involved, reporting it was the last thing she thought of. She may lose her license but she didn’t want to go to jail and she may just do that. I guess the DA could cut her some slack and help her with the Board of Nursing though if she is helping their case.

Her license may be revoked, at least temporarily. Moo

I definitely don't see any leaks at all to the press. I see social media talking but major media which the police would use are not saying a word. He was arrested in a month. A person by all appearances carrying the victim's phone is a direct witness. They have five felony counts which appear to be supported by technology. The other two by forensics and then we have the phone and direct witness. The others we don't know about. No, I wouldn't not care if he was talking.
They have whose phone?

If she was drugged, how would her family know, if the body has not been found and the cause of death has not been released?

They could have records of him obtaining it at some point. He was planning for 3 months. You are correct, that no one will know for sure until KB is found. IMHO. Prayers for her family. I just know this is anguishing and unbearable for them.

Can someone familiar with the health care industry please help me understand the reasons for why a nurse would be put on administrative leave in the context of what we know so far in this case?
To name probably the top two...missing meds, clinical error which resulted in a death and law suit.

Last edited:
BBM. Just a legal lesson here, not relevant to this case I don't believe, but knowledge alone, without more, NEVER makes you an accomplice.

Could you argue that foreknowledge of intent to kill by PF and did not render assistance by informing the authorities resulted in death thus is guilty by association and plans to harm and did nothing to prevent? Same question worded with failure to render help in mind.

Here’s one. It was an infamous case in Florida, only recently solved.

The victim’s husband was was having an affair. The woman he was having an affair with, dressed up as a clown and delivered flowers to the victim.

She then shot her to death in the doorway of her home.

They went on to marry.

It happens, although I believe that PF committed the murder alone.

Killer-clown cold case leads to arrest of woman at center of Florida love triangle

Oh boy, another one that happened in my area other than Dalia Dippolito/murder for hire..... Shelia Keen-Warren...l glad they finally caught her!

I would assume because of the investigation.....I would also assume it was by choice of the hospital administration. There could potentially be various liability issues as a result of KK’s alleged involvement.

ETA: It could also have been advised by LE, in which case I’m not sure it would be paid administrative leave. Moo

this would suggest there is serious evidence of her direct involvement hence her potential danger to patients.

Here is an article that gives a general idea:

Employees who may represent a danger to other employees, the workplace or company operations should be removed pending disciplinary investigation into their alleged misconduct. Placing an employee on a non-disciplinary, paid administrative leave affords the employer the opportunity to conduct a full, fair investigation while minimizing the chances that the employee will commit additional misconduct. Administrative leave does not constitute an adverse action and does not assume guilt on the part of the employee. Employees have certain rights while on leave.
Employee Rights Regarding Administrative Leave Pending Investigation

I understand the thought process of drugging being a possibility, but the fact that PF has been arrested for murder and the police have stated that they believe she is no longer alive means there is some other proof of KB being murdered. Just the presence of a syringe or even a small amount of blood would not mean she had been murdered. It has to be a significant amount of blood, or other evidence in KBs home or PFs trash that provided the police enough information for them to KNOW KB is gone. MOO

You could certainly be correct. I just can't get past him planning it so long...perhaps it took him a while to settle on the method. But if he were planning it, it doesn't strike me personally, that a violent struggle would break out. Rambling a bit here...it is a mystery, but hopefully not for long. Always...IMHO

I respectfully disagree. The rolls left out, uncovered were a clue that KB did not plan to go away for a week or more, IMHO. They go hand-in-hand with the two cars in the driveway, and suitcase and makeup still in the house. They don't matter now, but in the early days of the investigation, they had a story to tell. MOO

I totally agree. My point was the rolls were a way to prove Kelsey was at home that morning. She told her mom she had them for breakfast.

I hope I haven't brought the roll debate monster back to life. :eek:

Maybe the murderer or clean up person did make the rolls to have an aroma of fresh baked goods in the home. Idk.
To mask Clorox, perhaps.
Wow never thought of that...makes sense! I used to smoke and would bake something before guests came over to mask the smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria