CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #32 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
TEMPERATURE/body search
Has the temperature in CO been mostly freezing sinceThanksgiving.
I think it's above freezing today. Unseasonably warm this year?
Cold would preserve a body ...

Unseasonably warm and dry (it's been in the 50's and 60's this week alone) unless she is up in the high country towards Pikes Peak.

Distance is definitely PF's BFF. I mean, dude is a complete numbskull, so it's hard to credit him with this level of self-awareness, but he seems to have cottoned on to the fact that the best way he could attract women would be by approaching them from a distance. That way, he could present them with a blurred/out-of-focus image of himself just long enough to get them invested in the "relationship" with him. Then they get up close and personal, clearly see him for who/what he really is, and it ain't a pretty picture.

He would be physically attractive to a lot of women who saw his profile on a website, if that is indeed how he and KB initially "met." He can probably compose simple sentences containing single-syllable words, which likely gets interpreted by a lot of women as PF being the "strong, silent" type.

I suspect the bloom comes off the rose once women actually spend any substantial amount of actual face-to-face time with him (not to be confused with Face-Time).

I'd imagine his mother popping her head in the door to his room to remind him it's time to get ready for bed and to go brush his teeth also dampens the flames quickly.

ALL JMO.
I think his being quiet might be to conceal his real thoughts, which
probably would not be very acceptable to most people/society. Probably why a lot of killers are quiet people. I was quiet (not so much now I'm older) so no offense to anyone. I'm talking about SOME villain's reasons for being quiet.
Sometimes a guy seems shy, then surprise, they open up and its mostly just talk about their negative anger, etc, issues that are going on in their heads.

Last edited:
I've been doing a lot of thinking about that question. First, the charge of soliciation is a companion charge that cannot stand on it's own. In court, the murder has to be proved first, then the solicitation.
SBM
I know you stated this was your opinion, but I believe this to be incorrect based on the link below:

"It is NOT a defense to solicitation that:

The crime you solicited never took place
It is immaterial to the issue of specific intent whether or not the result you intended actually occurred.3

The crime of solicitation is complete once the inducement to commit the crime has been made, under circumstances that corroborate that intent -- even if the person solicited does nothing at all.4 Solicitation does not require a completed, or even an attempted, crime."

Colorado’s "Criminal Solicitation" Laws (18-2-301 C.R.S.)

Moo.

After seeing PF double shackled she is singing to get the best deal she possibly can. Oh, one is tough until your freedom is threatened. She is discussing every misdeed she has done in her life, his life, and anyone else she knows including the postman.
I'm not so sure she's "singing" and if she is, it may be a bit "off key." They KNOW she's involved, but I'd bet my bottom dollar she is doing her best to minimize her involvement to mitigate the charges perhaps through lies of omission and that takes time to verify. I'm thinking of Karla Holmolka. Made a deal before they understood the degree to which she participated in three murders.

My other reason for thinking she's not talking too much, is the length of time it's taking to arrest her, even on accessory after the fact. All we've heard is that she is cooperating and she has an attorney. She may very well be communicating through him/her the same as PF did initially. Cooperating and yet saying pretty much nothing. JMO

I'm not so sure she's "singing" and if she is, it may be a bit "off key." They KNOW she's involved, but I'd bet my bottom dollar she is doing her best to minimize her involvement to mitigate the charges perhaps through lies of omission and that takes time to verify. I'm thinking of Karla Holmolka. Made a deal before they understood the degree to which she participated in three murders.

My other reason for thinking she's not talking too much, is the length of time it's taking to arrest her, even on accessory after the fact. All we've heard is that she is cooperating and she has an attorney. She may very well be communicating through him/her the same as PF did initially. Cooperating and yet saying pretty much nothing. JMO

Exactly, what I've thought all along. She did hook up w/ an
attorney very early. And any attorney worth their salt is
going to make LE go through them to ask anything.
I believe forensics led them to KKL and she's only 'barely'
cooperating.

Exactly, what I've thought all along. She did hook up w/ an
attorney very early. And any attorney worth their salt is
going to make LE go through them to ask anything.
I believe forensics led them to KKL and she's only 'barely'
cooperating.

Great! I hope that's true...the DA can just barely offer her a deal, then.

Maybe let her have a lasso in her cell in exchange for her testimony.

Last edited:
Great! I hope that's true...that way, the DA can just barely offer her a deal.

Maybe let her have a lasso in her cell in exchange for her testimony.
It crossed my mind last night that they should throw KKL into the cell right next to PF. That might set the jail ablaze and provide the answers we're all looking for :)

After seeing PF double shackled she is singing to get the best deal she possibly can. Oh, one is tough until your freedom is threatened. She is discussing every misdeed she has done in her life, his life, and anyone else she knows including the postman.
She better tell the whole truth,and nothing but.
MOO

We have had WAY more snow in Woodland Park than last year.

That's awesome! Send some my way :) my acre front yard is a complete dust bowl :/ Was there snow by the WM dump they are supposedly searching that you saw, or ice?

CBI asks to search landfill in El Paso County as part of Kelsey Berreth case

[...]
News 5 spoke with John San Agustin, a former investigator in the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, who offered context on the investigation and searching a landfill.

He searched the exact same property during his career, calling the task ahead for investigators daunting.

“A couple weeks worth of trash was about 20 feet tall and about, you know, maybe 50 by 50 yards. It’s just something that is so large,” San Agustin said.

He said his first directive would be to consult with Waste Management to narrow their search, hoping the company keeps records on where trash from certain days is put into the landfill. Then, San Agustin said he would hope to confirm or deny a connection between the Midway Landfill and the transfer station in Divide, where Frazee was spotted just days before his arrest.

When asked about the timing of this possible search in the scope of a weeks-long investigation, San Agustin said investigators are either following up for something, or they’ve received new information. As for what they could be looking for, San Agustin said it could be a number of things — remains, technology and/or other items perhaps used in the alleged crime.

Again, the prosecution and law enforcement agencies involved decline to comment on the specifics of the case.

BBM: Now, there's an interesting question.

Agreed that there's no point in looking for a rational motive in the case of PF.
Primordial slime just oozes. It doesn't need or have a reason.

Largely agree with the rest of your post also, with this proviso: there are some perps who do not commit crimes in the heat of passion, they do so with cold and calculated precision. Many violent crimes are based on the criminal's practical self-interests, for example, financial gain, vs. emotion. So there is a method to their madness. It's just evil method.
We can't think like murderers do, yet we keep trying to figure out why murder seemed like a solution to whatever PF considered to be his problem. I remember that Laci's mother Sharon couldn't fathom why Scott didn't just seek a divorce. PF's motive could have been as simple as he wanted to break up with KB, (and had gone so far as to tell people that he had), and didn't want to deal with co-parenting as rational-thinking people do.

If we look at the early arrest and charges of one specific person, PF only and the early announcement in December of a ping and text messages after KB was missing, we can put together with a high degree of confidence LE had identified KL soon thereafter. In essence, LE has been dealing with LE seen KB was identified as missing and KL identified. There has been no charges since this time as we all know. Hopefully, this implies, (for the sake of a good witness only), that KL is a witness. Now, she may be charged after the trial depending on her plea or immunity or what have you but it stands to reason that her attorney would advise her to fully cooperate with LE or she would be charged in my opinion and the charges would be perhaps state and federal charges. They still may be but right now LE is protecting her for witness contamination in her testimony as indicated in the charge video of PF.

A friend just reminded me CWs son was going to be named Nico, after his gf.

How about baby K being named after KL? Say it out loud.

Just a thought.

Yep. I had that realization awhile ago but couldn't bring myself to type it on here. It made me feel gross and sad.

Or, totally opposite. PF finding another rodeo queen of sorts. He probably did not tell her about KB. Relationship is developing, and the lady is insisting on being introduced to the family. A child is one thing, a child’s mom living 15 min away is somewhat different. PF could have been caught in own lies, like SP. moo

I still come back to the fact that everyday people separate and share custody. The world, unfortunately is also full of dreadful two-timers. This guy is in a unique bucket of killers. It is unusual that he found someone to share his plan with ahead of time. Why is the question? It, IMO, is because he wanted to. He is wired to think this way. He is convincing enough to persuade someone to listen to his ideas about it and ask them to do his dirty work. What we are seeing is a real window into a narrasctic personality to the extreme.

Okay, sometimes I'm a little slow on the uptake.

This is an old article from 12/18:Patrick Frazee spotted at waste management facility, police return to his property

SABBM:
  • Investigators were on the property of Kelsey Berreth's fiancé Patrick Frazee, for the second time Tuesday.
  • It comes after eyewitnesses exclusively told KRDO they saw Frazee at a waste management facility, dropping off a load on Monday.
  • The trash was later collected by police and it's been reported a few of the items were taken away by police for further investigation.
PF was arrested and charged with KB's murder on 12/21.

I think one of the things we're going to find out at the prelim hearing on 02/19 is that LE found some reaaaally damning evidence in that trash pull back on 12/18.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads