CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #32 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it unusual that in the dump run where he was captured on video, he was driving a white truck. I believe this was after the first search of the ranch. His red truck was towed away by LE and he was driving his blue/green truck when he was apprehended on the driveway. Who owned the white truck? Not sleuthing just an interesting question. Perhaps he used the blue/green truck prior to his dumping with his buddies or the white one which may be registered under a different name and therefore didn't raise any eyebrows initially? Where I live, they match your vehicle plates to home address as we are only allowed to dump within our county.

My guess is they they did allot of borrowing of vehicles and delegating of disposal 'tasks'. MOO!

I like them both! There is a thread here that has sayings by ws, and perhaps we should add them both?

Oh and don't forget ONS, from a few threads back.

I keep thinking about what could have happened in September or before that made him want her dead but specifically NOT the baby.

Something is going on in my RL ( I think that one is on the thread of short terms and it means real life) made me think of another situation.

Did either of them have someone close to them leave an inheritance back at that time, and perhaps the beneficiary was the child?

And if he had control over the child, he would then have control over those Monies vs. KB?

As Joe Kenda says, there are three reasons for murder.

My gut instinct from the start has been that PF's motive is related in some way to money.
My gut may be completely wrong, of course.
There's no telling with PF.

Maybe he didn't need any reason other than being an evil creep.

Whatever his motive, it's a safe bet that it's not going to make any sense whatsoever.

Last edited:
I just want to clarify that solicitation does not need conviction of any underlying felony. It stands alone. If KB had gone to the cops the first time and LE had arrested PF before any murder took place, he could and would still be charged with solicitation to commit first degree murder.

I just want to clarify that solicitation does not need conviction of any underlying felony. It stands alone. If KB had gone to the cops the first time and LE had arrested PF before any murder took place, he could and would still be charged with solicitation to commit first degree murder.

That was a much needed clarification.
Thanks!

Thanks for clarifying, rio. If I'm understanding you correctly, what you're saying is the DA's office could have kept their powder dry r/t the Murder 1 charge if they felt like they didn't have enough proof that she's dead, and just brought the solicitation charges against him, is that right?

Without her body, they must have a lot of corroborative evidence that she is in fact dead, then.

JMO.

My gut instinct from the start has been that PF's motive is related in some way to money.
My gut may be completely wrong, of course.
There's no telling with PF.

Maybe he didn't need any reason other than being an evil creep.

Whatever his motive, it's a safe bet that it's not going to make any sense whatsoever.
Look at that picture of the three of them: Mommy, Daddy, and Baby. That was KB's picture-perfect vision of the three of them. It reminds of that picture of Scott Peterson with pregnant Laci. PF didn't want to be tied down. He blamed the price of cattle, but it was simply that he did not want to marry KB and couldn't deal with the potential fallout of a simple breakup. He wasn't madly in love with KK, either. He simply wanted his freedom at any price. ^All IMHO, of course, but it follows the pattern of many. And no, it's not reasonable and does not make any sense. That's why they call it "senseless murder". MOO

Last edited:
I am stuck on this time line.
Authorities turn attention to Colorado landfill for Kelsey Berreth case

LE has solid evidence to present to DA to warrant these charges.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/001/Redacted C&I 18CR330.pdf

During this time, based on the interview by the R's, FBI had been in contact with KK in early part of Dec or later part of Nov. It is then, that FBI collected more information/evidence that warrants the solicitation charges. IIRC, there was a court document that states a protection order. I can't seem to find that right now, but my initial thought was to protect KK, as she was leaking info.

I find it odd that with as much media presence that not ONE outlet has caught a glimpse of her anywhere. We have seen the media outlets outside her home in ID. We know she has elementary school age children, in which "she was actively involved in their lives" but now, poof.. nothing. Leads me to believe they have her securely tucked away somewhere and the solicitation charges are directly related to KK.

I tend to really like the fact that we are not getting more info ONLY bc I hope that means the evidence is mounting more and the case is becoming concrete against PF.

Selfishly, I wish we knew more, but am having faith in the 'system' and processes.

To be 'tucked away', after her FBI interviews, I would think, could be easily achieved.
Staying indoors at a friend's home, where the friend went about her/his usual routine.
Food would be brought in continually, and KK could be reading, checking the news, following Websleuths.
MOO.

Look at that picture of the three of them: Mommy, Daddy, and Baby. That was KB's picture-perfect idea of the three of them. It reminds of that picture of Scott Peterson with pregnant Laci. PF didn't want to be tied down. He blamed the price of cattle, but it was simply that he did not want to marry KB and couldn't deal with the potential fallout of a simple breakup. He wasn't madly in love with KK, either. He simply wanted his freedom at any price. ^All IMHO, of course, but it follows the pattern of many. And no, it's not reasonable and does not make any sense. That's why they call it "senseless murder". MOO

PF had his freedom. He was free to continue his life with mother at the Bates Motel, I mean, at the ranchette.

That is what makes it so hard to understand this crime.

IMO, KB had long passed the point where she had any interest left in tying the knot with PF.

IMO, the only "relationship" she wanted with PF by November was a co-parenting one for the sake of Baby K.

If PF's ultimate goal was to earn his freedom, well, in typical PF fashion, it looks like he's managed to completely guarantee the opposite outcome, because he'll never draw another free breath as long as he lives.

JMO.

Last edited:
If you do not believe that PF was being ''rational," and planning since September, if you believe, rather that he was just going off emotionally, maybe he felt he had too many females in his life: mom, KB, KK, little K. Maybe he thought that eliminating someone would "turn down the noise in his head," as the song lyrics go.

I'm not going to argue with you. PF did not have to block
KB. If he couldn't fit in a space at her unit, he could have parked elsewhere as a normal person would have done.

eta:

This does not look like an exceptionally long truck. See the part where PF drives off to avoid the reporter's questions.
<modsnip: linked video is not MSM>
imo
Here is the MSM link for the video that I posted above. It is from the news station KRDO.
Missing Woodland Park mother requested time off work

I don't want to belabor this parking issue. It became like
the endless discussion of what KB could have bought at the liquor store.

According to the neighbor, there were other parking places available for PF to park hs truck on Thanksgiving and that there was another car parked next to hers. Was that the killer(s) car or rental car?

IMO MOO

Here is the MSM link for the video that I posted above. It is from the news station KRDO.
Missing Woodland Park mother requested time off work

I don't want to belabor this parking issue. It became like
the endless discussion of what KB could have bought at the liquor store.

According to the neighbor, there were other parking places available for PF to park hs truck on Thanksgiving and that there was another car parked next to hers. Was that the killer(s) car or rental car?

IMO MOO
Hmm. THOUGHT those were hers. Staying tuned for the answer.

If you do not believe that PF was being ''rational," and planning since September, if you believe, rather that he was just going off emotionally, maybe he felt he had too many females in his life: mom, KB, KK, little K. Maybe he thought that eliminating someone would "turn down the noise in his head," as the song lyrics go.

That's an intriguing thought.

PF hates women. IMO.

He is dependent on women. IMO.

That could prove a lethal combination.

That's an intriguing thought.

PF hates women. IMO.

He is dependent on women. IMO.

That could prove a lethal combination.
And for once in his life a petite, smart female stood up to him and told him how it's gonna be. KB was well over him. Done.
She was moving on up and leaving him behind.
He couldn't handle it. He always was able to run women ragged.
His way or the highway. Not this time. She upped him and
good. In his mind he had to eradicate the big bad witch that
made him feel small and insignificant. Which deep down
he knew he always was.

PF had his freedom. He was free to continue his life with mother at the Bates Motel, I mean, at the ranchette.

That is what makes it so hard to understand this crime.

IMO, KB had long passed the point where she had any interest left in tying the knot with PF.

IMO, the only "relationship" she wanted with PF by November was a co-parenting one for the sake of Baby K.

If PF's ultimate goal was to earn his freedom, well, in typical PF fashion, it looks like he's managed to completely guarantee the opposite outcome, because he'll never draw another free breath as long as he lives.

JMO.
We may never know for sure what PF's motive was and your guess is as good as mine. We also don't know what KB was thinking in terms of their future on Nov. 22. However, CB described them as "loving" and said that they were still planning to get married, and that's as close to KB's thoughts as we will get. The only indication that they'd "broken up" came from PF, and I don't believe him. MOO

Where is a ‘smarter’ location to dump or bury a dead partner? Public land, where you risk the individual being found, but maybe they won’t be able to prove it is tied to you? Or on private land that maybe you or someone you know owns, where the body has a better chance of not being found, but if they do, it is likely it will be more directly tied to you? How does the person who did this think??

Where is a ‘smarter’ location to dump or bury a dead partner? Public land, where you risk the individual being found, but maybe they won’t be able to prove it is tied to you? Or on private land that maybe you or someone you know owns, where the body has a better chance of not being found, but if they do, it is likely it will be more directly tied to you?
You could argue for either way. About 15 threads ago, I mentioned a cold case that was recently solved where the perp had hidden the body in the basement of the house. The upside of that is LE cannot search your property w/o a warrant, and you know where the body is and if they are getting close. If you use public land, you run the risk of being caught, and anyone can search there. MOO

You could argue for either way. About 15 threads ago, I mentioned a cold case that was recently solved where the perp had hidden the body in the basement of the house. The upside of that is LE cannot search your property w/o a warrant, and you know where the body is and if they are getting close. If you use public land, you run the risk of being caught, and anyone can search there. MOO
Maybe she’s on private land that belongs to someone other than PF and for which they are less likely to be able to get a warrant to search.

I like them both! There is a thread here that has sayings by ws, and perhaps we should add them both?

Oh and don't forget ONS, from a few threads back.

I keep thinking about what could have happened in September or before that made him want her dead but specifically NOT the baby.

Something is going on in my RL ( I think that one is on the thread of short terms and it means real life) made me think of another situation.

Did either of them have someone close to them leave an inheritance back at that time, and perhaps the beneficiary was the child?

And if he had control over the child, he would then have control over those Monies vs. KB?

As Joe Kenda says, there are three reasons for murder.

ONS certainly was puzzling for a bit!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members