CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #37 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of bias in your wording and your version of what happened, IMO. “Harboring” normally has a negative connotation of holding something in secret. SF did nothing wrong in allowing her own son to continue living there. She only even became aware of the murder in early December, and he was arrested on Dec. 21. That is 2-1/2 weeks of your “harboring” and “withholding”. And “fleeing”? Come on now.

In a national interview, CB was asked if she was going to try to see K. She paused and said, “I don’t know.” So as far as we know, unless you have a link otherwise, she did not make contact with PF’s family to even try to see K. And I don’t blame either side for not reaching out during that very short window of time. Emotions were high, it was unclear what was happening on the LE side, and there was no court order in place yet. One WAS put into place before the end of the month, so the span of time that KB’s family went without seeing K was minimal, certainly when compared to the fact that they now have her for every moment of every day. I’ve never heard them complain about how PF’s family handled things. Only folks here.

PF’s family are victims too. His mother probably had few cared in the world, was winding down and maybe thinking of retiring and enjoying grand babies. Now she has a murderer for a son. JMO
Well then why was LE forced to get search warrants,and I doubt they were going out for breakfast when LE stopped them.
Plus the victim blaming from the get go that can not be unseen. Talk about bias.
MOO

I shouldn’t be asking these questions before the evidence comes out but I’m struggling with a few things. What is it about the relationship with KK that makes PF think he could solicit her for murder in the first place and be confident that she wouldn’t report him. Was KK coincidentally in town on Thanksgiving when KB was killed? Or did she drop everything to drive 800 miles just to help him “move the phone”?

Something isn’t adding up to me, regarding her charges vs the appearance of the circumstances. I think @MassGuy is right and she’s probably more involved than they have evidence to prove.

P.S. congratulations massguy on the super bowl win.

bbm ita agree that is a big possibility and I only hope that PF becomes/is so angry that he spills the beans if that is true and KK did have much more to do with it all. He has got to be really stewing in his own juices right now after Friday's hearing. Who knows what could happen on the 19th? Anything at this point, even from PF, wouldn't surprise me. If he believes he's going down for life regardless, he may just decide take people with him. ;) moo

Well she certainly wasn't helping Find Kelsey, in fact LE was forced to get search warrants, every step of the way. She kept PF under her wing while he dodged LE,and Kept Baby K from Kelsey's family. She went out of her way to keep LE from getting at PF,and getting Baby K.
MOO

We do not know if she kept PF under her wing so to say. We have no idea what SF was doing or saying.
You can not just show up on a private property and search. The legal format is a warrant so if something is found it will hold up in court. Everything you said we have no idea, you are guessing.

I was thinking that the tall woman could be PF's sister.

Denver's Channel 9 News updated report of the first child custody hearing said:
"Also at Thursday's hearing were the attorneys for Berreth's parents (Berreth's parents appeared by phone) and Frazee's mom and sister with their attorney."
It's confusing, for sure. So, who was in red? I'm going with "some tall woman" for now. IMO
1-year-old daughter of Kelsey Berreth, Patrick Frazee to stay in temporary custody of Berreth's parents

We do not know if she kept PF under her wing so to say. We have no idea what SF was doing or saying.
You can not just show up on a private property and search. The legal format is a warrant so if something is found it will hold up in court. Everything you said we have no idea, you are guessing.
Well she could have consented to a search, yet clearly she did not. She did nothing,said nothing on Kelsey's behalf,or Baby K. All while Kelsey lay dead who knows where, and Kelsey's name, and reputation was being skewered,and PF was keeping Baby K away from Kelsey's family.
She went out of her way for PF, but did nothing to help Kelsey, or her family.
MOO

Thinking back to those early days, I just remember how cruel I thought PF/SF acted towards CB, in that they made NO attempt to bring baby K to see her and give her some comfort. That alone convinced me that PF had done something to KB and their family (the F's) lacked any sympathy or empathy for what that poor woman and her family were going through. Does not speak well for them getting visitation, never mind custody. MOO
Amazing how we see the same things so differently. I thought that CB never asked PF to see the child. I think she knew from the first words of the phone conversation that something was very, very wrong and put the child's safety and welfare first. I admire her courage and quick thinking.
Looking back now, any father that put his child first before his own self interest should have called CB back and asked if he could bring her grandchild to see her. Sometimes silence is the best confession. IMO

Well she could have consented to a search, yet clearly she did not. She did nothing,said nothing on Kelsey's behalf,or Baby K. All while Kelsey lay dead who knows where, and Kelsey's name, and reputation was being skewered,and PF was keeping Baby K away from Kelsey's family.
She went out of her way for PF, but did nothing to help Kelsey, or her family.
MOO

If that is how you see it you have that right.
As of right now at this moment I have no idea what SF both said or did except show up at court for PF and neither do you or any of us. I personally do not like saying things about people that I have no proof of. It's called slander.
This is all I am going to say in answer to any of your post. When you have proof on the matter than it will change things but until then it is all surmising.

Well then why was LE forced to get search warrants,and I doubt they were going out for breakfast when LE stopped them.
Plus the victim blaming from the get go that can not be unseen. Talk about bias.
MOO
- PF was arrested around 8-8:30AM on Friday Dec 21, 2018, at the beginning of a very long Christmas weekend that ran through Tuesday Dec 25.

We have no idea where they were going, out to breakfast, on a trip to see family, last minute Christmas shopping, or fleeing.

I think the defense could oppose the unsealing of the arrest warrant prior to the preliminary hearing. Since we’re so close to that hearing anyway, I would be surprised if the judge rules to unseal before that hearing has been held.

Yeah,

Agree that the defense will object to unsealing.

That, imho, is expected in general by many.

Yet, expected by many that that is just a normal response by a defense team. And then it will be done.

MOO
I have not seen any victim blaming here at all.
If they were planning on running off when he was arrested, I'm sure we would have heard about it.
When Scott Peterson tried to get away, LE listed every item he had in his car. Imo

- PF was arrested around 8-8:30AM on Friday Dec 21, 2018, at the beginning of a very long Christmas weekend that ran through Tuesday Dec 25.

We have no idea where they were going, out to breakfast, on a trip to see family, last minute Christmas shopping, or fleeing.
Well they certainly were not helping the investigation in any way.
MOO

But if the court ordered you to, you would have to.

I don’t like the concept of guilt by association, personally. A good home is a good home, and good people are good people. We all should be judged and given or denied opportunities based on who we are as individuals. Not who we happen to be related to, which is something we couldn’t choose.

Understood. And it will be very interesting to see if the mother states that she was not with him at the time, and she actually helped the prosecution with their Theory. If she has been found to have lied, all bets are off.

MOO
That is how LE works. They had suspicions that maybe evidence was on the property but they sure weren’t going to ask in advance and run the risk of PF destroying evidence based on that knowledge. So you go and get a SW and then you show up announced. Nobody “forced” them - they went by their playbook and used the element of surprise.

I have no idea what you’re talking about with “victim blaming”. No one, including me, has blamed KB for anything. If anyone did, they were quickly disciplined because this site doesn’t allow someone to blame a murdered person.

I agree, KK's involvement is more than she is pleading too. But what worries me, especially after seeing PF wearing a bullet proof vest on Thursday for a custody hearing, puts me back on the fence as far as there being a 3rd or 4th party involved here. @BingoBongo mentioned it in the prior thread about an option #4. I'm with BingoBingo on that.

This is what keeps lurking in the back of my mind. That there is another person out there who is involved and that person may be getting very nervous that KK is throwing PF under the bus and now PF will decide to start talking. Until Friday, no one knew what/if KK was going to plead. Now that she has, the dominoes of this case may really start falling, especially after his appearance on Feb 19th.

It's hard for me to write out what I'm thinking and not start talking in circles so I'll leave it with saying I believe there is still one more person involved here. PF killed KB on Thanksgiving Day while he was over there doing a custody exchange. Appears he was unsuccessful being able to get someone to commit the actual murder, so he does it himself while doing the exchange of Baby K and immediately leaves her property with the baby..... he leaves KB there (oh how I hate to think this) knowing he was successful in hiring someone to come in immediately afterwards and dispose of KB's body (which then opens a whole other new door as to whether PF even knows where KB's body is but I wont go there now). Also makes me think KK was involved in some kind of clean up...

And to @MassGuy ... I know I poke at you being a Pats fan but in all honesty.... Congrats on your win! :)

Yet keep in mind, during the pressure afterwards, that the district attorney stated that the solicitation was a singular person. It was not somebody else out to get them both.

I with what they said it was just done because it is a high-profile case.

I shouldn’t be asking these questions before the evidence comes out but I’m struggling with a few things. What is it about the relationship with KK that makes PF think he could solicit her for murder in the first place and be confident that she wouldn’t report him. Was KK coincidentally in town on Thanksgiving when KB was killed? Or did she drop everything to drive 800 miles just to help him “move the phone”?

Something isn’t adding up to me, regarding her charges vs the appearance of the circumstances. I think @MassGuy is right and she’s probably more involved than they have evidence to prove.

P.S. congratulations massguy on the super bowl win.

This is one issue that confounds me. I have known many ex BF's, some from as far back as junior high, not one would ever approach me to conspire in a murder or even think I would have anything to do with it.

If a "friend" ever asked me to do something like "Here is a cell phone, turn it on at home, then throw it away.". No. Never.

Which makes me think that KK knew far more, in advance, and may have been more involved in the planning process...and that is scary. Anyone that screwed up should be charged and in prison.

...RSBM length...

Do we know if KK came forward or if LE went to KK after ID atty's phone call to LE?

The R's claimed to have called the FBI on Monday Dec 17. They said the FBI was already at KKL's house when they called.

Twin Falls Police and Twin Falls Sheriff released a statement on Saturday Dec 22 stating that they were contacted by the FBI/CBI authorities on Saturday Dec 15 to help prepare and execute search warrants in Idaho.

Police in Idaho investigating Kelsey Berreth’s death

JMO the R's never called the FBI until they got wind of the SW's being executed on KKL on Dec 17. If KKL had been cooperating or had already gone to authorities, LE wouldn't have needed secret SW's not even announced until a week later.

I am so onboard with your observation. She "learned" on the 22nd and did what until she tampered with the phone on the 24th/25th? What a grizzly 3 days. We know KB was alive at noon on the 22nd. I just can't wait to see if it's verified KK was in WP on the 22nd for the holiday. Or if she arrived later to pick up the phone and then leave with it and maybe KB's purse. WTH were they thinking in this day and age that they could possible get away with this.

Do we know if KK came forward or if LE went to KK after ID atty's phone call to LE?

Since it was after the fact, it could be that on the 19th that we do not find out her involvement?

I have not seen any victim blaming here at all.
If they were planning on running off when he was arrested, I'm sure we would have heard about it.
When Scott Peterson tried to get away, LE listed every item he had in his car. Imo
Well there certainly was zero help from that side in finding Kelsey, or helping the investigation. Also C Cline ( Cripple Creek) and the false narrative victim blaming, can't unsee others either.
Yet nothing from that side on behalf of Kelsey,or Baby K.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members