CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #37 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The R's claimed to have called the FBI on Monday Dec 17. They said the FBI was already at KKL's house when they called.

Twin Falls Police and Twin Falls Sheriff released a statement on Saturday Dec 22 stating that they were contacted by the FBI/CBI authorities on Saturday Dec 15 to help prepare and execute search warrants in Idaho.

Police in Idaho investigating Kelsey Berreth’s death

JMO the R's never called the FBI until they got wind of the SW's being executed on KKL on Dec 17. If KKL had been cooperating or had already gone to authorities, LE wouldn't have needed secret SW's not even announced until a week later.

I agree, but disagree. Twin Falls County is a small community in which everybody seems to know a little bit about everything that happens. Even if the only purpose of the search warrant was just to serve the innocent owner of the real estate where KKL tossed the phone, it would have been prudent to keep the warrant(s) secret during an active investigation. IMO

Last edited:
I’ve already addressed what you said. The property search, and everything else. As for searching for KB, there was no search going on by anyone, LE or otherwise. You’d have to narrow down the search parameters first.

So other than what we have already discussed, what could SF and the rest of PF’s family have done, that they didn’t do?
Hmmmm, maybe acted like decent, concerned human beings by being forthcoming, honest and transparent after KB came up 'missing'. I know that got really hard for PF once he was arrested and charged with 2 counts of murder and 3 counts of solicitation and all.

The F family could have attended the PC, spoken to the media on behalf of the mother of the grandchild they profess to love so much, maybe they could have gathered the local community themselves to arrange a volunteer search for KB, you know being long time members of the community and LE after all. They could have embraced and comforted the B family and allowed a visitation with their missing daughter's child. Just really any number of things to support and show concern for KB and to help find her UNLESS it was possible they knew all along that would be pointless. MOO

I never really considered that they were fleeing. My first thought, and I thought to this day, is that they were told to meet up and that they were headed to a meeting and they were intercepted. I think that happens in many cases m o o

I truly will be shocked if the documents say that they thought they were trying to flee versus trying to meet up and turn themselves in Etc like Idaho nurse did or such through an attorney.

For all we know, SF said: "We'll be on the flat between the house and the gate at exactly 8:30 a.m. Please bring another chain for the gate. My chain stock was depleted last week, by a sudden rash of inexplicable bolt cutter vandalism."
If you folks can speculate, I can speculate! IMO

bbm ita agree that is a big possibility and I only hope that PF becomes/is so angry that he spills the beans if that is true and KK did have much more to do with it all. He has got to be really stewing in his own juices right now after Friday's hearing. Who knows what could happen on the 19th? Anything at this point, even from PF, wouldn't surprise me. If he believes he's going down for life regardless, he may just decide take people with him. ;) moo
Oh NS, I wish it would happen, but I believe he's hung his hat on the hopes of convincing one juror of his innocence. I think that is all part of the plan he's had from day one by retaining a lawyer, refusing to speak to LE, media, etc. He will never incriminate himself in any part of this I don't believe.

And it kills me to believe it. :( I would gladly eat his hat if I'm wrong!

Last edited:
Amazing how we see the same things so differently. I thought that CB never asked PF to see the child. I think she knew from the first words of the phone conversation that something was very, very wrong and put the child's safety and welfare first. I admire her courage and quick thinking.
Looking back now, any father that put his child first before his own self interest should have called CB back and asked if he could bring her grandchild to see her. Sometimes silence is the best confession. IMO
I agree Dave, I don't think CB asked to see baby K either. I was just pointing out the lack of sympathy or empathy on the part of PF/SF by not initiating a visit for her.

A lot of bias in your wording and your version of what happened, IMO. “Harboring” normally has a negative connotation of holding something in secret. SF did nothing wrong in allowing her own son to continue living there. She only even became aware of the murder in early December, and he was arrested on Dec. 21. That is 2-1/2 weeks of your “harboring” and “withholding”. And “fleeing”? Come on now.

In a national interview, CB was asked if she was going to try to see K. She paused and said, “I don’t know.” So as far as we know, unless you have a link otherwise, she did not make contact with PF’s family to even try to see K. And I don’t blame either side for not reaching out during that very short window of time. Emotions were high, it was unclear what was happening on the LE side, and there was no court order in place yet. One WAS put into place before the end of the month, so the span of time that KB’s family went without seeing K was minimal, certainly when compared to the fact that they now have her for every moment of every day. I’ve never heard them complain about how PF’s family handled things. Only folks here.

PF’s family are victims too. His mother probably had few cares in the world, was winding down and maybe thinking of retiring and enjoying grand babies. Now she has a murderer for a son. JMO
Add in, what is PF telling his family. Maybe it's the she ran away song and dance, now CB is here to take Baby K away forever... Baby K knew the F family best due to care and location. Isolating her was likely a form of protection so she's not a media puppet.

With information we have publicly released now, I'm not willing to blame SF. Maybe that changes, but right now, she's as much a victim of PF as not.

IF (big, huge) PF knew nothing about KB's disappearance, why did he not report her, the mother of his child missing, and then act accordingly? His alleged Little Red Riding Hood (going to visit sick grandma) excuse was laughably weak. How was she going to get there with both her vehicles parked in her spots? Spread her wings and fly?

That's what stood out to me. Then, the absence of acting like he cared, not trying to get the word out, not attending events r/t her disappearance just added to the hinkiness.

All IMO.

ETA: since we can't sleuth his family, it's hard to know/discuss their actions

Last edited:
Allow LE to search property, speak up in defences of Kelsey, help search for her, stop coddling PF.
Tell LE what they know. Where PF was, most importantly where was Baby ?
During the time her Mommy was murdered,and the clean up,and cover up happened.
Where was Baby K?

They could have helped find Kelsey. They did nothing. Could have spoken up on behalf of Kelsey when her name,and reputation was being raked through the mud. Yet did nothing.
They did nothing on behalf of Kelsey,or Baby K.
Nothing. The wagons were circled around PF yet nowhere to found on behalf of Kelsey,and Baby K.
One must ask where was PF while Kelsey was murdered. Where was PF for the clean up?
Why did they not help in the search for Kelsey?
Why was LE forced to get search warrants, every step of the way?

The Frazees including baby K, all absolutely should have shown up for the first press conference and stood in unity with CB and LE trying to alert the public about a missing mother. They could and should have let CB interact with baby K right there. It was incredibly cruel to withhold the baby from her maternal grandmother and reflects poorly on PF and his family.

I don't fault the Frazees for requiring search warrants. I'd require it, too.

JMO

IF (big, huge) PF knew nothing about KB's disappearance, why did he not report her, the mother of his child missing, and then act accordingly? His alleged Little Red Riding Hood (going to visit sick grandma) excuse was laughably weak. How was she going to get there with both her vehicles parked in her spots? Spread her wings and fly?

That's what stood out to me. Then, the absence of acting like he cared, not trying to get the word out, not attending events r/t her disappearance just added to the hinkiness.

All IMO.

Hard to act like you care when you don’t.

A woman has pleaded guilty to a charge that she tampered with evidence connected to the disappearance of a Colorado woman and has agreed to testify against the man charged with killing her.

Idaho woman linked to accused murderer Patrick Frazee pleads guilty

Dead man walking. His dog breeding horse shoeing days are over.

KK will be the one sends him away. Too funny.

Hard to act like you care when you don’t.

A woman has pleaded guilty to a charge that she tampered with evidence connected to the disappearance of a Colorado woman and has agreed to testify against the man charged with killing her.

Idaho woman linked to accused murderer Patrick Frazee pleads guilty

Dead man walking. His dog breeding horse shoeing days are over.

KK will be the one sends him away. Too funny.

Exactly. His actions spoke louder than his words, or lack thereof.

I wonder if LE has a lot more detailed information than what has been released. Especially as PF has been held without a bail amount.
Now that is something that is 100% correct and a good reminder. LE/DA did not arrest and charge PF with 5 counts relating to KB's murder, especially without a body, unless they showed sufficient cause to a judge.

The 19th's hearing won't reveal everything they know either. Not all witnesses will be there and DA May <love to type that> said it will be a few hours in the PC after KK's hearing Friday.

MOO

Last edited:
I have to say this case boggles my mind. It's probably nothing that hasn't been done by perps before, but since it's the information age, it's an eye opener for most of us. Some of my random thoughts follow. Nothing new really.... just thoughts mostly gleaned from others on the threads here.
1. I believe KK and PF bad mouthed KB a lot before her murder or PF wouldn't have felt so free to ask kk to kill kb.
2. And you have to wonder why kk would continue to desire pf, who probably had frequent angry rhetoric and who desired the death of an innocent young mother. That should be a HUMONGOUS red flag. You'd think there would be other guys out there and much closer in distance. Go to a rodeo. Whatever....
No one has ever asked us to murder anyone so its so way off-the-wall!
3. Jealousy had to have been the motive on kk's part. And when jealousy supercedes decent behavior it can lead to cruelty (jealousy being a 'me first' feeling/passion).
4. Most of us see KB as the natural beauty of the two women, but maybe PF preferred the KK type. (And probably kk and pf were way more alike). So there's another motive for him... wanting to get kb out of the picture to keep kk happy.
5. PF was clearly an angry person, and gals certainly should stay clear of this personality type. But, unfortunately, it won't happen. For one, these guys don't usually appear the angry type at first, and it's also impossible to differentiate between the angry-type guy and the angry-murderering-type guy. Ideally, it would be best to stay away from both types. Right?
6. I read online that the murder of SO's often follows an argument. So in many cases it seems it's just too late to know what you're dealing with. You may not see it coming. The anger he has for you turns into a full blown rage and its quickly over.
7. Jealousy was also at the top of the list mentioned on that online page. Traditional jealousy. But when perps kill nice people (which seems to be frequent enough), I personally wonder if its not just that they're jealous in the traditional sense, but maybe they're jealous of who the victim is...maybe even jealous of the joy the victim has. And it also would highlight who they/themselves are not. I guess you could call it the Cain-killed-Abel type murder.
8. Food for thought. Do we know of someone who could cross that line ( __________ ) from anger to murder. Sobering thought.
[Add on. It seems the case is moving along quickly to a resolution so that's really good.]

Amazing how we see the same things so differently. I thought that CB never asked PF to see the child. I think she knew from the first words of the phone conversation that something was very, very wrong and put the child's safety and welfare first. I admire her courage and quick thinking.
Looking back now, any father that put his child first before his own self interest should have called CB back and asked if he could bring her grandchild to see her. Sometimes silence is the best confession. IMO
IMO CB was advised to not contact the Frazee's. I think things needed to be low key until PF's arrest and LE had Baby K safely away from him. Keep in mind LE has information way before we do and when a child is involved they plan for the safety of the child.

Last edited:

All IMO.
BBM
Or walk through the woods with a basket of goodies.

Here you have two people involved in setting up an alibi, and they botched it completely; I'm confident that LE was on to him at the very start of the investigation. And if KK had told PF "I'm not touching that cell phone with a 10-foot pole", she could have saved herself a lifetime of misery. If she'd called the police as well, she could have said, "I didn't think he meant it" when questioned about the solicitation, and maybe someone would feel sorry for her. MOO

I have to say this case boggles my mind. It's probably nothing that hasn't been done by perps before, but since it's the information age, it's an eye opener for most of us. Some of my random thoughts follow. Nothing new really.... just thoughts mostly gleaned from others on the threads here.
1. I believe KK and PF bad mouthed KB a lot before her murder or PF wouldn't have felt so free to ask kk to kill kb.
2. And you have to wonder why kk would continue to desire pf, who probably had frequent angry rhetoric and who desired the death of an innocent young mother. That should be a HUMONGOUS red flag. You'd think there would be other guys out there and much closer in distance. Go to a rodeo. Whatever....
No one has ever asked us to murder anyone so its so way off-the-wall!
3. Jealousy had to have been the motive on kk's part. And when jealousy supercedes decent behavior it can lead to cruelty (jealousy being a 'me first' feeling/passion).
4. Most of us see KB as the natural beauty of the two women, but maybe PF preferred the KK type. (And probably kk and pf were way more alike). So there's another motive for him... wanting to get kb out of the picture to keep kk happy.
5. PF was clearly an angry person, and gals certainly should stay clear of this personality type. But, unfortunately, it won't happen. For one, these guys don't usually appear the angry type at first, and it's also impossible to differentiate between the angry-type guy and the angry-murderering-type guy. Ideally, it would be best to stay away from both types. Right?
6. I read online that the murder of SO's often follows an argument. So in many cases it seems it's just too late to know what you're dealing with. You may not see it coming. The anger he has for you turns into a full blown rage and its quickly over.
7. Jealousy was also at the top of the list mentioned on that online page. Traditional jealousy. But when perps kill nice people (which seems to be frequent enough), I personally wonder if its not just that they're jealous in the traditional sense, but maybe they're jealous of who the victim is...maybe even jealous of the joy the victim has. And it also would highlight who they/themselves are not. I guess you could call it the Cain-killed-Abel type murder.
8. Food for thought. Do we know of someone who could cross that line ( __________ ) from anger to murder. Sobering thought.
[Add on. It seems the case is moving along quickly to a resolution so that's really good.]
Great thoughts here!

BBM
Or walk through the woods with a basket of goodies.

Here you have two people involved in setting up an alibi, and they botched it completely; I'm confident that LE was on to him at the very start of the investigation. And if KK had told PF "I'm not touching that cell phone with a 10-foot pole", she could have saved herself a lifetime of misery. If she'd called the police as well, she could have said, "I didn't think he meant it" when questioned about the solicitation, and maybe someone would feel sorry for her. MOO
ITA, and perhaps if she had it may have prompted LE to at least speak with PF, thereby causing him to abandon or delay KB's murder. Now that is what she should have to live with every day for the rest of her life IMO.

At this point, we know for sure that KKL has been cooperating with the investigation, and that she did not commit any higher than a Class 4 Felony in Colorado (the upper end of the range of plea bargain reduction).
I can't second guess when she started cooperating. Since Friday I've tried, and just can't do it. I think it's possible that all of the searching, that we know of, could have been at least partially motivated by her information and laser-pointed toward the LE goal of finding KB. If that should prove to be correct, then the RR's and the elusive Michelle will turn out to be a sideshow distraction, rather than the main event.
I don't have any answers, but I think the questions are worth some study.
IMO

I shouldn’t be asking these questions before the evidence comes out but I’m struggling with a few things. What is it about the relationship with KK that makes PF think he could solicit her for murder in the first place and be confident that she wouldn’t report him. Was KK coincidentally in town on Thanksgiving when KB was killed? Or did she drop everything to drive 800 miles just to help him “move the phone”?

Something isn’t adding up to me, regarding her charges vs the appearance of the circumstances. I think @MassGuy is right and she’s probably more involved than they have evidence to prove.

P.S. congratulations massguy on the super bowl win.

If she was still living with ex and their children, why or why would she leave them on a holiday? I always wanted to spend all holidays with my children. Would she not want to spend the holiday with them? What would she have told her ex as to why she was was leaving and going to CO? Even if she did not say CO she would have had to give him some explanation as to why she would be gone several days and leaving the children with him....many questions and waiting for answers.

As to the situation with Grandma Frazee and her grand child custody and visitation issue---it is a big complicated mess.

Sure, she spent a lot of time with the baby. But unfortunately, at that same time, her son was living in the same home, and making brutal plans to kill his child's mother.

Of course, that was not her making those plans, as far as we know, but I don't think the courts are going to award her any kind of custody deal until AFTER her son's murder trial. We are looking at a year or 2 or more.

I am pretty sure that the maternal grandparents will retain custody until then, when it will be revisited. So by then, the child will be 4 or 5. I do not believe she will be taken from their custody unless there is some kind of issue. I doubt there will be.

So the question will not be custody, in my opinion. Unless of course PF is acquitted.

He will most likely be found Guilty, imo. So the question to be resolved in the future will be grandparent visitation. And again, that will be very complicated. One cannot expect the victim's parents to travel out of state to Colorado to drop off their grandchild to PF's mother. That is asking a lot.

I think it would be up to Grandma Frazee to travel out of state to visit her granddaughter. And I think the B family would probably ask for supervised visitation to begin with. I certainly would be afraid that someone might try and run off with my grand daughter if I was in that difficult situation.

It is not going to be an easy family dynamic to work with. JMO

Thanks was not enough for this post. You said it so well. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paladeer