CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #37 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually quite concerned about what the answer to this question might be...IMO, she may/was present in the home at the time. Worst case scenario would be she was in the same room at the time of the murder.

JMO.
Yeah, I’m strongly leaning towards the baby being present.

I think this crime happened shortly after she returned from the Safeway, perhaps minutes later.

If that is the case, then the question isn’t if the baby was present, but if she was in the same room.

And didn't they remove something large and flat wrapped in plastic? Did I imagine that? I deduced that it was a piece of sheetrock from the ceiling showing blood spatter. MOO
Hmmmm, if you are correct, blood spatter on the ceiling would indicate extreme and uncontrolled rage -- a murderous tantrum. Makes sense to me.
That would be a tuff one for the defense, IMO

I'm actually quite concerned about what the answer to this question might be...IMO, she may/was present in the home at the time. Worst case scenario would be she was in the same room at the time of the murder.

JMO.
The question is haunting . I go back to the video clip of PF getting into his truck with a reporter on his heels the way h slung the baby around and the look on her face.

Hmmmm, if you are correct, blood spatter on the ceiling would indicate extreme and uncontrolled rage -- a murderous tantrum. Makes sense to me.
That would be a tuff one for the defense, IMO
This is what makes me think KK saw the body, perhaps when he gave her the phone. I hope baby K was tucked away having a nap. I cannot fathom a child being in the same room :(

I think this crime happened shortly after she returned from the Safeway, perhaps minutes later.

If that is the case, then the question isn’t if the baby was present, but if she was in the same room.
If she was in the room and there was a fair amount of blood spatter, I am betting PF did not think to wash her seat carrier cover ( they are not easy to get off n and on)
Doubt seriously it entersed his mind, if it got removed and washed KK most likely thought of it. I feel sure LE processed the carrier and all covers n straps to determine if baby K was present. Edited to add. I sure hope they did. And pray that baby was not in the room or close enough to hear.

Last edited:
It's painful to say this, but he is a wrangler. Horses, cattle, small mammals, etc. are taken down where they are most vulnerable, their head/neck area. He could have easily snapped her neck and slammed her against a wall or the floor. She was a tiny little thing and probably didn't weigh much more than a large breed dog. :mad:

All he would have had to do was put the baby in the bedroom in front of the TV in a walker or swing, and turn the volume up. Imo

You're probably right. It's a more infamous case, for one, especially because children were murdered. Just wait until this one goes to trial, though.
Deleted off topic

Last edited:

I think that as well, heartbreaking

I think that as well, heartbreaking
Yeah, four things make me feel a little better about it though:

We don’t know for a fact that she was present.

If she was, we don’t know if she was in the same room.

We don’t know that she saw anything if she was.

She likely won’t remember it.

It’s still absolutely horrible, but atleast she wasn’t in a Jayme Closs type situation.

It’s still absolutely horrible, but atleast she wasn’t in a Jayme Closs type situation.
I hope you’re right.
When it comes to Jayme Closs there’s one thing I can be happy ( for lack of a better term) about in that case... she saved herself. I think that will go a long way in helping her heal

I think she is old enough to have a nightmare if she saw it, of course she did not know what was happening but it would have been violence she most likely had never seen or heard. My prayer is she was not present.

The way KB's home was I can't picture any scenario where the baby wouldn't have been in the vicinity, but given her age I'm doubtful she would remember anything or understand it.
My hope is that the B's will get full custody of the baby and they'll change her name to distance her from all of this until she's old enough to be told. I'd also assume that the community the B's live in will close ranks and protect her. I'm so happy she's out of CO and being kept away from all that crud.

I thought you were mocking the sentiment, not agreeing with it.

And yes, I do believe it is ridiculous, as we know that KK could have stopped this plot dead in its tracks.

Hate in the Watts case is based on emotion, not the case facts.

Those reasons are personal, and have nothing to do with any crimes she committed (zero).

Here the facts justify our dislike of KK.

ETA: I don’t like NK at all, but KK deserves to be disliked more.

It’s not even close.

I'm with you.

Her comment backed up the other person who talked about his anger (flipping the horse trailer over being mad about losing). He is probably a very controlling but charming sociopath who's a ball of rage inside.
These old "words from the wise" are still true: Someone who abuses animals will also abuse persons.
Count on it. Indeed, a sociopath. SMH. And I think he would certainly do it again if circumstances put him in another such situation.

All he would have had to do was put the baby in the bedroom in front of the TV in a walker or swing, and turn the volume up. Imo

I don't assume that PF would show any inclination whatsoever to think about what was best for Baby K as he prepared to murder her mother in cold blood.

He is not exactly what you'd call a sensitive soul.

JMO.

Yup. Usually we can come up with a solid motive in crimes like this.

Not so here.

I’m not sure we’ll get any indication from the arrest affidavit though.

Hopefully we get one at some point.

Agreed -- what did she do/not do or say/not say? What drove him to such apparent rage?

You're right -- what was the motive? Of course it's not a requirement in proving guilt, but juries like to hear a motive. And so would we.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss mustang