Still Missing CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

Discussion in 'Trials' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

From the Arrest Affidavit page 8 concerning "the tooth":

66. "......While she was blindfolded an distracted, he hit her with the bat, causing her death. Frazee was concerned he left a tooth behind in the residence, because when he hit her in the face with the bat, it presumably caused several of her teeth to become dislodged. Lee stated she in fact found that tooth, including the tooth root and later disposed of it."

2. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

Well said, Steelslady, and I can't imagine a juror who didn't go to bed Friday night picturing sweet Kelsey being treated that way.

The DA's plan to have that testimony stand alone on Friday was masterful!

3. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

True, that was probably his master plan. But he is such an idiot---it doesn't really matter which one of them did it---it just matters which one of them gets the plea deal first.

Even if she had given KB a poisoned Frappaccino, PF would be going down for murder as well. JMO

4. k-mac

k-mac Well-Known Member

it is a good point here.
    PF was well aware of the cctv around KBs condo.
    remember dear father figure told him to not collect the package at the front door because of the camera??:confused::confused:
    why would it matter??
    he was asked to go get it more or less. CB told him there was a parcel coming for bubba.

so how ever he removed Kelsey from the premises he was fully aware of being captured on cctv.

moo

5. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I wonder if this will be examined at trial - it’s very telling IMO

6. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Did he actually say it was because of the camera? I thought he said he didn't want him to be seen going to the condo but not necessarily because he was aware there was a camera facing the front door.
    Imo

steeltowngirl likes this.
  7. Ccging

Ccging Well-Known Member

Iirc somewhere it was stated that he hit her in the back of the head first, then this reads he hit her in the face, so now I’m wondering if this may confirm he hit her at least twice? First blow to back of the head then additional hit to her face dislodging the tooth?

8. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

BBM:

Is there such a thing as a "mental tent" we can toss that mental image into?

Because if not, I'm going to be tossing something else.

[​IMG]

9. Sweetsbeach

Sweetsbeach Well-Known Member

IMHO the defense isn't going to bring up something that will ultimately hurt their client and I believe going after CB's statements during that time period would only serve to do just that. Context matters. At that point the man CB suspected of doing something horrible to her daughter was in possession of her one year old granddaughter. Think about it...CB was so worried about PF's history of volatile behavior that she felt the need to placate him in press when responding to questions about him and his relationship with Kelsey. The defense is going to do everything they can to avoid those conclusions being drawn by the jury.

10. k-mac

k-mac Well-Known Member

bbm yes

“Upon arriving, (the friend) further reported he instructed Patrick to remain in the vehicle while he (the friend) went to the front door and retrieved the package,” according to documents.

The friend told the detectives he wanted Frazee to stay in the vehicle so he would not be seen on the neighbor’s surveillance cameras. He said to investigators Frazee was not involved in the disappearance of Berreth but law enforcement should look into a Southwest Airlines pilot who Berreth formally dated.

Search warrants reveal new details in Kelsey Berreth case | East Idaho News

11. 1&2&3

1&2&3 Well-Known Member

Yes, and we must remember that CB had seen PF’s temper and rage in person at the hospital the day baby K was born.

While he didn’t strike anyone, he was so out of control, the hospital called CPS.

12. katydid23

He did say he was going to try hard to be there when KK takes the hot seat. I am thrilled to hear that. It would be phenomenal if he was able to take notes for that testimony.

13. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

Look what an amazing story GoJacks told without taking notes and imagine how much better it will be next time!
    (I wonder if we've put enough pressure on for more fantastic days like Friday?)

This is sparkly magic dust that I hope gets him there tomorrow!
    > ........................................................................................................
    ...........................................................................................................
    ....................................................................................................
    ...........................................................................................................

Just shake it over your head, GoJacks.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  14. MsBetsy

Amazing that he still carried out the murder at the townhouse knowing there was a camera facing the door.
    I wonder why the camera didn't capture him carrying out the body or KK going into and leaving the townhouse.
    I wonder if they went through a window or how they avoided being captured on camera.

Imo

15. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

BBM
    And this is another $64,000 question we're hoping will be answered during this trial. I don't trust KK as far a I could throw her (not too far I imagine :)) BUT, the DA hasn't disclosed everything she's told them and we may be in for some answers yet! JMHO

16. skyedaze

skyedaze Well-Known Member

so, does this mean we will have to rely on MMM for information until Friday?
    (((sad pout face)))

17. Safeguard

Safeguard Well-Known Member

Might not be the case here, but I once knew a guy that did this exact same thing thing to a friend of mine.
    (I remember he told her in a heated argument," My sister is #1. I don't know what ever made you think you're #1.!).

Turns out, he and his sister had a very incestuous relationship. Not saying this is the case here, but it would't surprise me. (I wonder, do PF and his sister look alike?). The cretin and sister, my friend was involved with could have been twins... (They love themselves these narcissists!).

18. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I believe we are going to learn in court that the neighbor's surveillance camera is an inexpensive system that either had no wide-angle range or was only focused at door height.

We already learned in the arrest documents that the homeowner did not subscribe to cloud storage service for the surveillance camera footage, and used only a free service for the keeping footage short term. I don't recall the particulars but think the capacity about 3-4 days before deleting to store the latest images.

MOO

ETA: I think more details about this discussed during the preliminary hearing and why the prosecution had "stills" from the surveillance, and not "video" footage. Not stating facts -- only my recollection.

19. MsBetsy

True. I suppose there actually could be more video evidence that we don't know about yet.
    Or maybe they went out one of the windows. I wonder if there is a window on the side where the alley is or if they went out the kitchen window. It might explain why there was blood on the curtains.

Imo

20. katydid23

That bolded part pisses me off. What kind of marks would he have on him? He is twice her size, swinging a bat, and she had no idea he was a danger, she was blindfolded and blindsided. What kind of marks would we expect him to have---besides a 666 across his forehead?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.