CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
If PF's fingerprints are not on the paper, he didn't write the notes.

The witnesses were identified in the media during the trial. Names and addresses are easily available on the Internet if one spends the time looking. The witness is a career criminal facing serious additional charges who admitted he wanted to profit from the notes and he managed to get a felony cut to a misdemeanor.

JMO
I could write a note without leaving any fingerprints. It's not that hard.

The inmate only came to the DA with these notes recently. But I believe it was said that he told others about them before the trial began. I will look at the earlier reports to confirm.

Tonight could be the best one yet. A lot to unpack from today.

Oh, tonight's will unquestionably be the best FB live with Sam yet.

DA May detonated an H-Bomb in that courtroom.
It sounds like he absolutely laid waste to the defense.
He clearly adopted a scorched earth policy.
PF deserves no mercy, so the DA showed him none.

It was terribly devastating testimony from Jonathyn Priest.
Legally devastating to PF, which is wonderful.
Emotionally devastating to KB's family who had to hear all of that, which is tragic.
It also clearly affected the prosecutors.

If Sam allows for a little Q & A time at the end, I hope someone asks him how the jurors responded, i.e., body language, facial expressions, visible/audible reactions, etc., to Priest's testimony today.

JMO.

Even the defense attorneys didn’t dispute their veracity. If they didn’t, I don’t know how the heck you are in a position to make that argument.

One does not need PF’s fingerprints to know if he wrote it or not. The handwriting was determined to be his, and the feasibility of obtaining fingerprints off of paper towels and napkins is questionable at best.

Exactly. And this from media report:

Prosecutors displayed the notes to the court and Slater said that multiple people named in the notes had not previously been named by news reports.

BBM

Letter 1 read, “You know where to find Krystal Jean Lee Kenney? Chad Lee? Michelle Stein? John Moore? Wendi Clark? They all need to disappear until at least Nov. 22 after the trial.” The letter listed out who each individual is. The writer instructed the receiver to call or text “her” using a fake name to say the horses have been taken care of the elk hunt was successful. While Sheila Frazee’s name was not on the note, her landline and cell phone were. “My life and my little girl’s life depends on you!” the letter read.

Frazee trial: Letters say Frazee asked inmate to kill witnesses
These words about re horse and elk mean something.
Was he doing this to taunt, stalk, instill fear?!!

Well, technically I believe Sam (and others) mentioned his name yesterday. I think everyone would have put two and two together, regardless. Guy is probably going to get witness protection.

I honestly thought Bentley was a cover name to begin with, guess not though.

6774.gif
Your Avatar, GJ!

"It's
6579.gif
, Jerry!
6579.gif
!!!!"

When did Bentley bond out of jail and which Frazee helped him bond out?
I think that might be an error that should read that Frazee said he *would* help him bond out in exchange....

ETA:
Frazee asked if the prison gang could do something about the case, saying he could possibly bond his fellow inmate out of jail if he helped him murder the witnesses, the former inmate testified.

If PF is sending a message to SF in code, it's clear that he expected her to know what the code meant.

Who sets up an elaborate verbal code with their accused offspring to say something like 'the deed is done'?

Another one of the things we'll never get an answer about: what would SF have said if asked on the stand how she would have interpreted that coded message if it ever had been sent?

I think one potential ground for appeal might be if the defense tries to invalidate some of the evidence. Can they appeal for a retrial if they can successfully get a key piece of evidence tossed?
IANAL but I think successful appeals rest on whether something would have affected the outcome of the trial.
As Nancy Grace would say, "Now bring on the lawyers!"

Oh, tonight's will unquestionably be the best FB live with Sam yet.

DA May detonated an H-Bomb in that courtroom.
It sounds like he absolutely laid waste to the defense.
He clearly adopted a scorched earth policy.
PF deserves no mercy, so the DA showed him none.

It was terribly devastating testimony from Jonathyn Priest.
Legally devastating to PF, which is wonderful.
Emotionally devastating to KB's family who had to hear all of that, which is tragic.
It also clearly affected the prosecutors.

If Sam allows for a little Q & A time at the end, I hope someone asks him how the jurors responded, i.e., body language, facial expressions, visible/audible reactions, etc., to Priest's testimony today.

JMO.

And let's hope Sam doesn't break the internet!!!! :D:D

<modsnip>

What is your prediction on the length of jury deliberations?

I'm holding tight to my two hours though today's bombshell may have shaved off thirty minutes.

How long does it take fast food to get delivered to that courthouse?

That could affect my new hour and a half window.

I think that might be an error that should read that Frazee said he *would* help him bond out in exchange....

ETA:
Frazee asked if the prison gang could do something about the case, saying he could possibly bond his fellow inmate out of jail if he helped him murder the witnesses, the former inmate testified.

Just did an inmate search.....NO Bentley listed, Frazee is still there though!

Lola @dlevy5
Replying to @stephaniebutzer @SamKraemerTV
What do they need more to convict this man on first degree charges! This would be incomprehensible
3:37 PM - 15 Nov 2019

@SamKraemerTV
It’s more about giving the jury the option. Judge Scott Sells said other convictions have been overturned because the jury wasn’t given the option to pursue a lesser charge

I can't imagine anyone considering a lesser charge after today's testimony.

I'd think the jurors would be seeking to uncover the town's guillotine!

Not only authenticated handwriting but also fingerprints. The notes were written on paper so PF's finger prints would have to be on them.

I see the Judge has now added 2nd degree murder and manslaughter which is good. I've always thought 1st degree was a stretch but we'll see what the jury decides. Whatever is decided, I think there will be an appeal.

JMO
I don't think first degree is a stretch. Planning it for months, then swinging a bat 10-15 times, then concealing the body- I'm glad other charges are possible to prevent him getting away with it altogether, but I can't see how this isn't first degree- and it's too bad they took away the DP option IMO.

That's the first I've heard of fingerprints on the notes.
Is there a link?

Paper towels and napkins might not capture prints like regular paper.

If the kind of overkill that causes a man to slam a woman 10-15 times with a bat isn't first degree murder, I sure don't know what would qualify.

No need for fingerprints or handwriting analysis, as a poster up thread pointed out, there is no way that inmate could know all those names, addresses, phone numbers and personal info about those people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52