CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
As to the bolded---That's pretty funny...so he doesn't admit guilt for killing anyone, but he does request the deaths of 6 or more other people....great defense...

Remember when Richard Nixon said, "I am not a criminal," while the country was listening to his White House tapes? It's sort of like that.

We knew it was brutal but hearing that blood evidence today hurt my heart for her child and family... her poor father sitting there hearing the violence against his child..

He really is a monster, life means nothing to him clearly, given how many witnesses he wanted disappeared...

I cannot see how they can come to any other conclusion than guilty

Last edited:
I don't think first degree is a stretch. Planning it for months, then swinging a bat 10-15 times, then concealing the body- I'm glad other charges are possible to prevent him getting away with it altogether, but I can't see how this isn't first degree- and it's too bad they took away the DP option IMO.
Not only is it not a stretch, but this is the very definition of the charge.

Frazee trial: Letters say Frazee asked inmate to kill witnesses

Posted: 5:15 AM, Nov 15, 2019

Updated: 4:39 PM, Nov 15, 2019

CRIPPLE CREEK, Colo. — An inmate who was in the same jail as Patrick Frazee testified Friday that the accused murderer of Kelsey Berreth asked him to kill multiple witnesses in the case, including Krystal Kenney, the woman accused of helping him carry out Berreth's killing.

On Friday, prosecutors also showed 17 different letters that a witness, who's a former inmate, said he exchanged with Frazee, who was in the same jail. The man is on probabtion now. In their passed notes, Frazee asked the man to kill witnesses — Kenney, Michelle Stein (Kenney’s friend in Idaho), John Moore (Frazee's friend who previously testified), Wendi Clark (Moore’s significant other) and lead Colorado Bureau of Investigation agent Gregg Slater — and described where they live now and what they look like. In a testimony, Slater confirmed the descriptions of each person and their places of residences were all accurate.

[...]

Fourth Judicial District Judge Scott Sells decided to push closing arguments to Monday.

@SamKraemerTV
The judge will allow the jury to consider second-degree murder and manslaughter charges *IF* Frazee is found not guilty of first-degree murder. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

2:14 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Though both rested their case, we will not have closing arguments today. That’s because the judge and both attorneys are still deciding on jury instructions. The defense is seeking lesser charges. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

12:56 PM - 15 Nov 2019

The state has rested its case. Judge Scott Sells again advised Frazee of his rights to testify and remain silent. Frazee chose to remain silent. The defense then rested without calling witnesses. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

12:54 PM - 15 Nov 2019

This was probably the most graphic of the notes (warning). It read: “I would really like to see Krystal with a bullet in her head. Piss and **** on her face. *advertiser censored***ng dirty c**t *advertiser censored** *advertiser censored*.” #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KeystalKenney

11:47 AM - 15 Nov 2019

The state, by the way, still hasn’t rested it’s case. I’d be surprised if we get to closing statements today. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

11:43 AM - 15 Nov 2019

The evidence was admitted on the sole basis of establishing Frazee’s consciousness of guilt. It was a turn I did not see coming. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

11:38 AM - 15 Nov 2019

Frazee calls foul!
"Your honor, you should have suggested I remain silent months ago and I wouldn't be in this shape! Well, exactly."

We have heard stupid statements from CW (Watts' case) after being placed in Prison for life, can you imagine what statements, PF will be coming out with.
Hope PF, 'gives his side', in any interview, to set matters straight.:D
We'll be rolling in laughter.
MOO.

He might need the money so we could very well get his "story".

I don't know Colorado's law on profiting from your crime but if he can't tell it, his charming mother may.

Last edited:
And let's hope Sam doesn't break the internet!!!! :D:D

I hope not! I haven’t missed one yet and this is definitely one I want to be there for!!! I’m so thankful I’ve been off work for all of this, no way I could have kept up otherwise and this case has been in my heart since day one.

Justice for Kelsey and baby KB and the entire family. Extra love being sent to the B family.

Have we heard this?

Bentley first spoke to the Fourth Judicial District Attorney’s Office over the weekend, and said he tried to approach them sooner but on cross-examination he admitted he accidentally called Frazee’s public defenders initially and refused to speak with him.

Inmate: Kelsey Berreth murder suspect had asked for help murdering Krystal Lee before trial

What a Defense move -- what they don't know they don't have to share. Good the inmate came to his senses and found the right office!

NOV 15, 2019
Former inmate: Frazee asked him to kill Kenney, others - KOAA
[...]

Before proceedings wrapped up today, Frazee was reminded by the judge he has the right to testify in his own defense or remain silent. He replied, "I will remain silent." ...

[...]

... “There’s nothing reckless or negligent about this. He wasn’t re-enacting the World Series and accidentally hit her..... He went to swinging," said Jennifer Viehman. She says there’s strong evidence to support first degree murder.

[...]

Agent Greg Slater with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation is called to the stand again. He says he learned of John Doe's existence last Saturday.

[...]

Here are excerpts from the notes entered as evidence.
  • "You know where to find Krystal Jean Kenney Lee? Chad Lee? Michelle Stein? Joe Moore? Wendi Clark? They all need to disappear unseen until at least Nov 22 after the trial. Wendi is the cash cow. Joe has all kinds of *advertiser censored* to sell... pass a message to her or call. Use a fake name that all the horses are taken care of? Or have her tell me the elk hunt was successful? Help! Help! ME PLEASE MAN! I repay however my life and my little girl’s life depends on you. Throw me down your plans and ideas...."
[...]
  • "do you have funds or resources to go to Idaho and back? Was thinking if you could cap em in the desert."
  • "It would be nice if she disappeared for trial. Just turned one way and never seen again."
  • "I’m not the monster they say I am. I don’t know what happened or where she went. Honestly, my wheels are spinning out of control the closer we get to trial. Any advice how to defend my innocent?"
[...]

Doe says described how to "carry out the hit" on witnesses and shared names, phone numbers and addresses. Doe says he has heard of people's names on the list, including Kenney and Michelle Stein.

[...]

Before heading to break Priest is asked if the evidence he's seen is consistent with a bat being used as a weapon. He tells the court the blood pattern suggests a minimum of two strikes on the victim.

Given the description, he estimates between 10 to 15 strikes, if not more. May asks about evidence of Berreth saying “please stop,” and is that indicative that the first blow didn’t kill her. “In my experience, people aren’t easy to kill,” Priest says.

“There’s nothing here that tells me this death was accidental. This is very consistent of a homicide,” Priest says.

[...]

May asks Priest on redirect if he saw anything inconsistent with the description Kenney gave of the scene and he replies no. He also said the cleaning and blood on the couch was consistent with Kenney's story.

"Her description of her observations were very consistent with my observations," Priest says on Kenney's description.

[...]

Last edited:
Frazee trial: Letters say Frazee asked inmate to kill witnesses

Posted: 5:15 AM, Nov 15, 2019

Updated: 4:39 PM, Nov 15, 2019

CRIPPLE CREEK, Colo. — An inmate who was in the same jail as Patrick Frazee testified Friday that the accused murderer of Kelsey Berreth asked him to kill multiple witnesses in the case, including Krystal Kenney, the woman accused of helping him carry out Berreth's killing.

On Friday, prosecutors also showed 17 different letters that a witness, who's a former inmate, said he exchanged with Frazee, who was in the same jail. The man is on probabtion now. In their passed notes, Frazee asked the man to kill witnesses — Kenney, Michelle Stein (Kenney’s friend in Idaho), John Moore (Frazee's friend who previously testified), Wendi Clark (Moore’s significant other) and lead Colorado Bureau of Investigation agent Gregg Slater — and described where they live now and what they look like. In a testimony, Slater confirmed the descriptions of each person and their places of residences were all accurate.

[...]

Fourth Judicial District Judge Scott Sells decided to push closing arguments to Monday.
So did y’all catch that apparently Frazee knows where Slater lives? Who do you think gave him that information?

Inmate: Kelsey Berreth murder suspect had asked for help murdering Krystal Lee before trial

Nov 15, 2019

During his testimony, Bentley said he was in county jail with Frazee from Sept. 26 to Oct. 12 — just weeks before his murder trial began on Nov. 1.

Bentley said when he first came to jail, he was in segregation and couldn’t get items from commissary. He said he first approached Frazee about potentially wiring him money to buy commissary items. The conversation later turned to a tattoo on his face that indicated his affiliation with the prison gang, the inmate testified.

[...]

He said Frazee was “curious” about his time in prison, and mentioned he was nervous about his upcoming trial. In ensuing conversations and in notes passed between the two, the inmate said Frazee had asked if the prison gang could murder Lee, her family, a friend of hers, a Florissant couple on the witness list, and Colorado Bureau of Investigation Agent Gregg Slater.

Slater, who was called to the witness stand multiple times during the trial, read notes written on paper towels and receipts Bentley claimed he exchanged with Frazee that mentioned killing the witnesses.

“They all need to disappear unseen until at least Nov. 22 after the trial,” one of the notes reads.

Another note Slater said was in Frazee’s handwriting reads “my life and my little girl’s life depends on you.”

So did y’all catch that apparently Frazee knows where Slater lives? Who do you think gave him that information?
Someone on the outside most likely.

Perhaps the person that was supposed to receive the coded phone call. It would merely require an internet connection to figure out.

If PF's fingerprints are not on the paper, he didn't write the notes.

The witnesses were identified in the media during the trial. Names and addresses are easily available on the Internet if one spends the time looking. The witness is a career criminal facing serious additional charges who admitted he wanted to profit from the notes and he managed to get a felony cut to a misdemeanor.

JMO
Then why didn't his lawyers have anything to say about the letters?

I don't think setting yourself up as an incompetent counsel is great for career longevity.
One thing's for sure: Defending PF definitely doesn't set yourself up great for career longevity.

(Steigerwald passes note to Porter at defense table...Porter slowly opens it)
"Walmart's Hiring!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member