Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out our sherriff, Fred Wegener, has been “phoning it in” from Florida for the last few months (while still collecting his paychecks) according to local new reports. A new sherriff will be sworn in early next year, so maybe things will move along once we have new leadership in place. It seems tha most elected officials here are averse to any media coverage of Wegener, or of Park County officials in general. How is the sheriff in Park County, Colorado allowed to work from Florida?

Turns out our sherriff, Fred Wegener, has been “phoning it in” from Florida for the last few months (while still collecting his paychecks) according to local new reports. A new sherriff will be sworn in early next year, so maybe things will move along once we have new leadership in place. It seems tha most elected officials here are averse to any media coverage of Wegener, or of Park County officials in general. How is the sheriff in Park County, Colorado allowed to work from Florida?
Well wow. No wonder nothing's getting done!

Tom McGraw, Sheriff-elect of Park County, Colorado, will take office Jan. 6, 2019. He has 35 years of LE experience, according to this article from (none other than) The Flume.

Sheriff-elect Tom McGraw discusses goals, challenges in Park County

Here's a quote from that article.

Tom McGraw: “It might not be something everyone always agrees with, but I am going to do the right thing. I am also not going to be influenced by people who believe they are above the scope of the law.”

The reward has been increased to $50,000.

The website, MaggieLongTaskForce.com, has been created for the public to submit information.

The task force created to solve Long’s murder has conducted multiple searches of the house and areas surrounding the property. They also have interviewed hundreds of people and witnesses that didn’t come forward until months after her murder.

New Website, $50,000 Reward In Unsolved Maggie Long Murder

Takeaways from press conference.
Increased reward to $50k
3 male suspects
Possibly injured during crime
Spent significant time in residence
She was Burned Alive (I am stunned by this, as I assumed they set fire to destroy evidence)
Town hall set for tomorrow at Fitzsimmons middle school in Bailey

There was more but I missed some of press conference due to work obligations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419