CO CO - Marilee Burt, 15, Columbine Valley, 26 Feb 1970

You refer to why ‘they’ did it but the publicized info about the DNA only seems to reference one person. If there was more than one perp, it seems after 50 years that would have come out. If I ‘read between the lines’ so to speak, you believe the true perp is no longer alive but the others are still alive? It makes me wonder why so many different facets of law enforcement would blow you off so easily. Did they take the info you provided and state they’d look into it or not?
They did look at it and I did call them on it but the one person’s DNA doesn’t match but he’s killed three people and they have never gotten DNA from any of the other murders. The person that has committed these crimes and many many many more has eluded the police aggravated the police upset the police to the point where they just want him to be locked up and put away and never seen or heard from again they’ve actually changed his name so you can’t even look him up in prison they are done with him they don’t care about these cool cases because he will not tell anybody but he did tell me, why because I’m his sister.

Ahh, you're his sister. It's becoming clearer!

So, he's locked up already for 2 other murders - since when and how long for?

You have told police he confessed to you that he killed Marilee but because there's no DNA and he's already in jail the police aren't interested in trying to prosecute him for it. Have I got all that right?

Can you give us any more info about the other murders? Were they at a similar time? We're talking nearly 50 years ago.

Have you managed to contact the family at all to tell them he confessed? They may have more luck in getting police to reopen the case and investigate him.

Ahh, you're his sister. It's becoming clearer!

So, he's locked up already for 2 other murders - since when and how long for?

You have told police he confessed to you that he killed Marilee but because there's no DNA and he's already in jail the police aren't interested in trying to prosecute him for it. Have I got all that right?

Can you give us any more info about the other murders? Were they at a similar time? We're talking nearly 50 years ago.

Have you managed to contact the family at all to tell them he confessed? They may have more luck in getting police to reopen the case and investigate him.
Yes I am his sister and he told me about another murder 30 some years ago and I left the state and I did not know what happened and that was when he was convicted of murder and then acquitted. I went to see him two years ago to ask him about one case of murder and I got three. No he is so smart that the police set him up and locked him up for 3 strikes. He is not in there for any of the murders he was acquitted on one because they put him on the stand and he intimidated the jury that bad and told a big story because he’s that good. He is in jail he will never get out and yes they want to put him away quietly they even changed his name in prison. You cannot even look him up by his name in prison because they changed it. For two years I have put all the evidence together and I’m ready to talk to the families to tell them the story. He knew her and the family went to school with her brother.

No I haven’t I will try him. I spoke to a cold case detective from Arapahoe country. I will see if he’ll talk to me, thanks.
He
Did you contact Marvin Brandt from Arapahoe County ???
I called and he is no longer there I left a message with the new cold case probably the same woman and I’ll probably get the same advice I need to talk to somebody who actually was on the case and is angry enough to help me put this case to an end

Are they all still alive?
Why do you think they killed her?
Does anyone else know?
And finally... how do you know?
I know the one who told me the story is my brother, and yes he is alive, and yes he’s in prison and yes he’s never getting out. But he’s not in there for murder he is in there for three strikes and you’re out I know he killed her I know he killed the other two people and nobody else knows about Marilee but they do know about the other two because it’s in the paper, but was never convicted, and when it comes time to talk to those other families then I will go to them also.

OK, I don't know much about the three strikes thing (I'm in the UK) but assume you don't get a life sentence for parking tickets or minor crimes?

I think it's time you spoke to these families. You need to get this all off your chest. Are you waiting / hoping for police back up before you do?

So @shersher - when was your brother sent to prison and what for? If it's not murder is there a chance he will be released?
He has been in trouble since he was five years old he’s never not been in trouble he already had two strikes against him and they set him up on a third strike so he has three felonies he’s locked up forever and he will never ever get out but he can still reach people on the outside and still reach people in the prison because he’s that scary, smart, intelligent whatever you want to call him, do I fear for my life when this comes out most definitely, but I cannot live knowing that my brother has killed three people and gotten away with it. It has taken me two years to get all the evidence together to prove he has done it.

OK, I don't know much about the three strikes thing (I'm in the UK) but assume you don't get a life sentence for parking tickets or minor crimes?

I think it's time you spoke to these families. You need to get this all off your chest. Are you waiting / hoping for police back up before you do?
My brother has an IQ of Einstein he is that smart but so smart he has to push the limits if you get three Felonies at least years ago if you got three Felonise you got locked up for life. Which he is I don’t believe he’s done hardly any time in jail for any of the crimes he’s done before they locked him up and put him in prison. He might’ve been charged in a lot of crimes but he always got out of them he still has the felonies on his record but never really did any time for them so now it’s a third felony they lock them up forever.

So @shersher - when was your brother sent to prison and what for? If it's not murder is there a chance he will be released?
He’s never getting out but that does not mean he can’t reach people out of prison and in prison and do what he needs to be done. He is that evil, mean, smart, whatever you want to call him.

Metro Denver Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up to $2000 for information leading to an arrest in the murder of Marilee Burt.

Tipsters can remain anonymous.

Call 720-913-7867 or visit metrodenvercrimestoppers.com.

@shersher have you had any luck locating any family or friends of Marilees? Perhaps they can get in touch with the right person to get moving on what you have to report. In many of the articles there are comments from people who grew up with Marilee.

Metro Denver Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up to $2000 for information leading to an arrest in the murder of Marilee Burt.

@shersher have you had any luck locating any family or friends of Marilees? Perhaps they can get in touch with the right personto get moving on what you have to report. In many of the articles there are comments from people who grew up with Marilee.
This is what I’m trying to do is to find the families, locate the families, contact the families, to let them know what happened to their loved ones I knew Marilee went to school with her and my brother knew the family. Like I said it’s a very long and sad story. That’s why I’m reaching out to locate the families.

@shersher you can contact them and tell them about your brother and the 2 other suspects. Maybe they can help with the DNA comparison

ARAPAHOE COUNTY, Colo. — It's been 50 years since 15-year-old Marilee Burt was last seen alive walking home from the Goddard Junior High School toward her home in Columbine Valley in Littleton.

After a basketball game at Goddard, still in her green cheerleading uniform, Marilee began walking home.

Several witnesses saw her walking a route that included Berry Drive, Bowles Avenue and Middlefield Road. She never made it home

50 years and still no answers: Who killed Marilee Burt?

Newspaper articles from the time, Feb/Mar 1970

Marilee R Burt Cold Case Murder.jpg
Clipped from Greeley Daily Tribune, Greeley, Colorado, 28 Feb 1970, Sat • Page 1

Marilee R Burt Cold Case Murder(1).jpg
Clipped from Fort Collins Coloradoan, Fort Collins, Colorado, 01 Mar 1970, Sun • Page 6

Marilee R Burt Cold Case Murder(2).jpg
Clipped from The Daily Sentinel, Grand Junction, Colorado , 01 Mar 1970, Sun • Page 8

Marilee R Burt Cold Case.jpg
Clipped from Greeley Daily Tribune, Greeley, Colorado, 02 Mar 1970, Mon • Page 6

Marilee R Burt Cold Case Murder(3).jpg
Clipped fromThe Daily Sentinel, Grand Junction, Colorado, 02 Mar 1970, Mon • Page 12

Marilee R Burt Cold Case Murder(4).jpg
Clipped from Fort Collins Coloradoan, Fort Collins, Colorado, 02 Mar 1970, Mon • Page 3

Marilee R Burt Cold Case Murder(5).jpg
Clipped from Fort Collins Coloradoan, Fort Collins, Colorado, 06 Mar 1970, Fri • Page 2

Marilee Ruth Burt Cold Case.jpg
Clipped from Greeley Daily Tribune, Greeley, Colorado, 12 Mar 1970, Thu • Page 8

Marilee R Burt Cold Case Murder(6).jpg
Clipped from The Daily Sentinel, Grand Junction, Colorado, 12 Mar 1970, Thu • Page 1

Marilee Ruth Burt Cold Case(1).jpg
Clipped from Greeley Daily Tribune, Greeley, Colorado, 26 Mar 1970, Thu • Page 9

Last edited:
Newspaper articles from the time, Feb/Mar 1970 (continued...)

Colorado-Springs-Gazette-Mar 1, 1970-p-1.jpg

Clipped from Colorado Springs Gazette, Colorado Springs, Colorado. Sun, Mar 1, 1970 – Page 1

San_Antonio_Light_1970-03-01_16.png

Clipped from SUNDAY LIGHT, Sunday, Mar 01, 1970, San Antonio, TX Page: 16

Marilee R Burt Cold Case Murder.jpg
Clipped from Fort Collins Coloradoan, Fort Collins, Colorado, 26 Mar 1970, Thu • Page 2

Have the authorities there approached Othram about identifying the DNA they have?
I would hope so. The use of forensic genealogy is a no brainer at this point as they don't appear to have had any matches on dna databases for decades. With such a high profile case I can't imagine they would have any trouble funding this. I would say the public interest to get this one solved is very high with this one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back