Found Deceased CO - Natalie Bollinger, 19, Broomfield, 28 Dec 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also of note, one of the neighborhood maps showed this from the day Natalie was reported missing, and the approx. time the report went in. Could also be unrelated, but worth sharing. View attachment 128595

Sorry if you already answered this!! But where is this document from? Actual LE incident logs with final dispositions? CAD entries from dispatch center? Something transcribed by someone simply listening to scanner and trying to scoop on local news?? Only curious, because when we take a 911 call we only have what we are TOLD to go on. Obviously there's instinct , common sense, location/person prior history, drug alcohol involvement and 3000 other things we can and do consider-- but we only have what is reported.

Ex: had 3rd party report of "missing" "suicidal" male yesterday. I advise the officers that the male is reportedly missing and suicidal with scant info that I have and send them-- I code it "suicidal male" or "missing person" in my CAD--- Officer then responds to location for welfare check and determines that the male is fine and just took a "cooling off" brisk walk for two hours and is now home on his couch in good mental health. It's stays coded AS reported in our CAD to preserve the record, ease in future incident searches for priors, tracking stats for our center, etc.
The officer however will most likely code it AS IS in his final incident report and simply code it "welfare check".

summary- the kidnapping UCR title in pic above could be a neighbor hearing some noise and seeing Natalie's (or anybody's) front door wide open and some scattered mail on ground 20 ft away- they could subsequently call it in and say "I think there's been a kidnapping!!" based on assumption/circumstantial stuff/predisposition towards drama, etc. Person located by officers at work: with two different shoes on and disheveled hair ----the final disposition code would be welfare check. subject left in a rush, failed to secure door, checks ok. UNFOUNDED.

The same with the stolen car: think Cindy Anthony reporting hers "stolen" in attempt to get help with jerk daughter desperate for ANY assistance locating her beloved granddaughter. More times than not-- reports are unfounded.

Sorry if you already answered this!! But where is this document from? Actual LE incident logs with final dispositions? CAD entries from dispatch center? Something transcribed by someone simply listening to scanner and trying to scoop on local news?? Only curious, because when we take a 911 call we only have what we are TOLD to go on. Obviously there's instinct , common sense, location/person prior history, drug alcohol involvement and 3000 other things we can and do consider-- but we only have what is reported.

Ex: had 3rd party report of "missing" "suicidal" male yesterday. I advise the officers that the male is reportedly missing and suicidal with scant info that I have and send them-- I code it "suicidal male" or "missing person" in my CAD--- Officer then responds to location for welfare check and determines that the male is fine and just took a "cooling off" brisk walk for two hours and is now home on his couch in good mental health. It's stays coded AS reported in our CAD to preserve the record, ease in future incident searches for priors, tracking stats for our center, etc.
The officer however will most likely code it AS IS in his final incident report and simply code it "welfare check".

summary- the kidnapping UCR title in pic above could be a neighbor hearing some noise and seeing Natalie's (or anybody's) front door wide open and some scattered mail on ground 20 ft away- they could subsequently call it in and say "I think there's been a kidnapping!!" based on assumption/circumstantial stuff/predisposition towards drama, etc. Person located by officers at work: with two different shoes on and disheveled hair ----the final disposition code would be welfare check. subject left in a rush, failed to secure door, checks ok. UNFOUNDED.

The same with the stolen car: think Cindy Anthony reporting hers "stolen" in attempt to get help with jerk daughter desperate for ANY assistance locating her beloved granddaughter. More times than not-- reports are unfounded.

I originally posted that snippet a couple days ago. It's from CrimeReports Website. Here is a link to their FAQs which explains how they compile their maps and data. https://www.crimereports.com/home/#!/faq

You do make a good point though. Original police calls are not always how they end up showing on the public call logs. I do see this happen... where I will hear sirens, check the call log for my area, call says domestic, and it ends up as a drug bust. So yea, I see your point completely.

Also...forgot to mention that the original call log doesn't usually change, even if the nature of the call ended up differently. I didn't really think about that when I found that info.

Some cases on WS have scanner threads that are specific to the case and anything posted or discussed on that thread can’t be discussed on the main thread. I think this case would be a good one to ask for a scanner thread to be started. What does everyone think, should I ask a mod to start one?

OMG Can you imagine if all this time-- some of the answers we've been dying to know about specific ppl were actually recorded and preserved!!? I'd totally freak!! It's STILL not fact, just because someone is mentioned or suspected, but if their DLIC was run for data or something? All agencies can have different policies, but in our county we give out as much info as possible over the radio to officers vs having them landline us (unless it's sensitive). Keeps all ears on the road in the loop and supervisor cars informed about exactly what we just sent their guys to.

Related UCRs to search for at the time in question could be the stolen car & kidnapping-- but any welfare check called in, suspicious person/vehicle or suspicious circumstance complaint, INTOX person (if someone w mental illness was mistaken to be drunk), unwanted person, loitering, traffic stops, missing person reports or attempt to locates-- V & T violations, etc.
Post 9/11 agencies are not supposed to use ten codes, but some still do. We're supposed to instead use plain speech-- so that all responding/on scene agencies (LE, fire, ems, etc) can all communicate without confusion. Might be harder to listen/search without knowing local codes if local agency was using them.

I originally posted that snippet a couple days ago. It's from CrimeReports Website. Here is a link to their FAQs which explains how they compile their maps and data. https://www.crimereports.com/home/#!/faq

You do make a good point though. Original police calls are not always how they end up showing on the public call logs. I do see this happen... where I will hear sirens, check the call log for my area, call says domestic, and it ends up as a drug bust. So yea, I see your point completely.

Also...forgot to mention that the original call log doesn't usually change, even if the nature of the call ended up differently. I didn't really think about that when I found that info.

It's almost laughable at times to see the disparity between the reported event and the actual event. Callers lie or speculate or often aren't sure what they are hearing. Officers respond to said domestic and parties are ok & separated but they find 10 ounces of weed. The most serious code or charge then sticks :)
I often wonder if shock is sometimes present and obvious in my voice w a caller that I immediately know to be telling the truth. Do they think "I just told a friggn 911 operator my house is on fire and she sounded completely shocked like she's never heard such a thing before. Her first day on the job or what???" lol--- The first 9 out of 10 false alarms kind of disarm you though. Having said that, I recently had an actual stabbing and I'll take false alarms, drunks and drama queens over that ALL DAY long.

THANKS for the link!!

OMG Can you imagine if all this time-- some of the answers we've been dying to know about specific ppl were actually recorded and preserved!!? I'd totally freak!! It's STILL not fact, just because someone is mentioned or suspected, but if their DLIC was run for data or something? All agencies can have different policies, but in our county we give out as much info as possible over the radio to officers vs having them landline us (unless it's sensitive). Keeps all ears on the road in the loop and supervisor cars informed about exactly what we just sent their guys to.

Related UCRs to search for at the time in question could be the stolen car & kidnapping-- but any welfare check called in, suspicious person/vehicle or suspicious circumstance complaint, INTOX person (if someone w mental illness was mistaken to be drunk), unwanted person, loitering, traffic stops, missing person reports or attempt to locates-- V & T violations, etc.
Post 9/11 agencies are not supposed to use ten codes, but some still do. We're supposed to instead use plain speech-- so that all responding/on scene agencies (LE, fire, ems, etc) can all communicate without confusion. Might be harder to listen/search without knowing local codes if local agency was using them.

I miss being able to listen to my local area police scanner. They took my county and a few surrounding counties offline last year. That was my new years eve (and other holidays) entertainment. They said the reason was because criminals were able to stay a step a head as they were able to use their smart phones to listen while committing crimes. Um, that's been going on for years way before the smart phone lol. I guess you can still listen if you have an actual radio (not a cheapy radio shack one like I had), which they plan on that being eliminated too, in another year or so. They are moving to some form of encrypted comms.

It would be great if the scanner held a piece of the puzzle. Scanner info can be very interesting - especially for sleuth’s. I didn’t know 10 codes weren’t supposed to be used anymore. I hear 10 codes being used frequently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It would be great if the scanner held a piece of the puzzle. Scanner info can be very interesting - especially for sleuth’s. I didn’t know 10 codes weren’t supposed to be used anymore. I hear 10 codes being used frequently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some departments still do it, most likely because of what you mentioned above or habit.
After the 9/11 cluster in the towers with FIRE/EMS and Port Authority, NYPD etc not understanding each other's codes FEMA discourages it tho.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ge_guide.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3Lq_D647tyD_XxmnJSRXKp

Thank you so much, Bill. I like documents more than news articles or speculation. It's top on my liked list!

What struck me is how long she has been dealing with this! She has been threatening the police since at least July. And no doubt hoping he would leave her alone. But when she finally did go, I can easily see where he would have "made her pay". He is absolutely terrifing. I have never felt so scared or helpless as being stalked. You literally can't stop it. And it makes you start to feel crazy. I am so sad she had to live like that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What I find interesting about the PO papers is that her address is listed as Northglenn but reports stated she went missing from her apt. in Broomfield. I’ve seen talk on SM suggesting she had just moved to that apartment. Given she does not accuse SS of showing up at her residence anytime recently(it sounds like VA was the last time which was at least a year ago) and he doesn’t appear to have a car, how would he have known where she lived if she had moved within this short time frame?

I’d like to reiterate that thinking SS may not be guilty of Natalie’s murder does not mean anyone is condoning his actions or defending him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to weigh in here in the Broomfield vs Northglenn issue. Guessing you’re right that she lived in Northglenn and just recently moved to Broomfield. But, there are several cities in this area with limits that all wind around within each other, specifically I know of confusing issues with Broomfield, Westminster, Northglenn and Thornton. My mailing address is Northglenn, but if I put it into Google maps, it comes up as Denver. Literally on the other side of my backyard fence it’s Thornton. My friend gave me her address as Broomfield but when I put it into Google maps for directions it’s Westminster. I’m not sure why this is other than the fact that these are newer and expanding cities within the Denver metro area that literally interlock with each other. Perhaps this could be what happened in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was driving home westbound on 120th several days back and I realized the dairy can be seen from 120th which passes over it- there is a bridge over Riverdale...McIntosh is below. I googled the dairy and saw a reference to the dairy being 200+ acres. I do not know exactly where on the dairy property she was found- but I think it is possible someone could have pulled over on 120th and dumped her over? Here is a satellite image showing 120th left to right, and the dairy below (where all the buildings are) I am 85% certain that is the dairy anyway. That stretch of 120th can get very quiet at night and is pretty dark.
ee881175ab0eb7c92298d4cfb6e6abd4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I’m not sure if there would be enough going on on the scanner for a different thread, but you are right. I remember participating in a scanner thread a few years ago. It gets confusing because you can’t bring info back to the main thread; although, this case is not much easier given all the gray areas with social media.

Lol I can remember hanging out in the scanner thread a few times - switching between the case threads and the scanner thread and everyone asking who said that, was it the cop in the car, which road are they on, is that the same case, who are they talking to haha it was interesting listening to real police work in action but oh so confusing!

Just wanted to jot a few thoughts down before I head to bed. Poured over the exhibits that NB presented with her complaint.

Thought 1: SS is so, so manipulative using threats of suicide against NB, as many stalkers/harassers do. It's cruel to do to somebody, and I would be utterly terrified if someone was threatening to blow their brains out literally upon me.

Thought 2: Despite making many threats of killing himself, SS states that he wouldn't (at least physically) harm NB or her family (he says he will punish them but specifically states he doesn't mean killing). That, of course, doesn't mean he actually wouldn't or isn't capable, but it's something I picked up on pretty often while reading the exhibits.

Thought 3: I feel awful for NB -- having to deal with all of that and then her life being cut so short, and I feel for her twin sister. I can't imagine losing my sister -- let alone my twin.

Lol I can remember hanging out in the scanner thread a few times - switching between the case threads and the scanner thread and everyone asking who said that, was it the cop in the car, which road are they on, is that the same case, who are they talking to haha it was interesting listening to real police work in action but oh so confusing!

Tell me about it! My FT job is at a college so high stress active shooter incidents are never far from my mind. I love tuning into in-progress chaotic events or picking them apart after the fact as a free training tool. The Las Vegas shooting radio traffic, for example, was INSANE! You get accustomed to the lingo and patterns tho. I would LOVE to pick apart all of the radio traffic in Natalie's area for the 26 hour time period that she was missing to see what I can pick up on. Perhaps I can borrow a co-worker's sign on credentials some time and do just that. Hmmm...

Just wanted to jot a few thoughts down before I head to bed. Poured over the exhibits that NB presented with her complaint.

Thought 1: SS is so, so manipulative using threats of suicide against NB, as many stalkers/harassers do. It's cruel to do to somebody, and I would be utterly terrified if someone was threatening to blow their brains out literally upon me.

Thought 2: Despite making many threats of killing himself, SS states that he wouldn't (at least physically) harm NB or her family (he says he will punish them but specifically states he doesn't mean killing). That, of course, doesn't mean he actually wouldn't or isn't capable, but it's something I picked up on pretty often while reading the exhibits.

Thought 3: I feel awful for NB -- having to deal with all of that and then her life being cut so short, and I feel for her twin sister. I can't imagine losing my sister -- let alone my twin.

The thing that stuck out most to me is his complete and total lack of impulse control. She told him to STOP so many times. He HAD to know that even just the FIRST "stop" was the prelude to making herself clear for official restraining order yet he CONTINUED.

I too was once in a similar situation with a controlling, manipulative, seemingly insane man that LOST IT when I removed myself from his life and the thing that I KNOW that she must have been repeatedly saying and feeling was " I DON'T THINK THAT HE'S CAPABLE OF HURTING ME---- BUT??" When someone goes that off the wall and takes such great risks and goes to insane lengths to retain control of you or maintain an active presence in your life you just KNOW that you no longer KNOW anymore just WHAT they are in fact capable of. You are consciously aware that MANY women before you thought the same things and still sadly ended up as a statistic. I firmly believe that any statements this poor sweet baby angel made about feeling "safe" were all false bravado. She had a new home and tons of men sticking up for her and confronting him and a piece of paper, but I guarantee you that she was looking over her shoulder daily- EVERYWHERE that she went. So friggin SAD!!

The thing that stuck out most to me is his complete and total lack of impulse control. She told him to STOP so many times. He HAD to know that even just the FIRST "stop" was the prelude to making herself clear for official restraining order yet he CONTINUED.

I too was once in a similar situation with a controlling, manipulative, seemingly insane man that LOST IT when I removed myself from his life and the thing that I KNOW that she must have been repeatedly saying and feeling was " I DON'T THINK THAT HE'S CAPABLE OF HURTING ME---- BUT??" When someone goes that off the wall and takes such great risks and goes to insane lengths to retain control of you or maintain an active presence in your life you just KNOW that you no longer KNOW anymore just WHAT they are in fact capable of. You are consciously aware that MANY women before you thought the same things and still sadly ended up as a statistic. I firmly believe that any statements this poor sweet baby angel made about feeling "safe" were all false bravado. She had a new home and tons of men sticking up for her and confronting him and a piece of paper, but I guarantee you that she was looking over her shoulder daily- EVERYWHERE that she went. So friggin SAD!!

Totally agree nocturnal. Encountering someone like SS in a stalking situation changes the person at a very core level of their being. Trust, instinct, world view, view of the opposite sex, helplessness, loss of control...it goes on and on and has a profound effect for a very long time, if not for life.

So Broadcastify doesn't appear to have radio log archives available-- I was totally going to sign up and pay. No go on that so far- But OMG!!!! NO CLUE how I found this or if anyone else already did!!??? Go to this link- zoom in and out. The farther out you are the more incidents show up. I only searched 12/28 & 12/29 so far, It's DEFINITELY easier to search ONE day at a time---I don't know Natalie's address, SS's address, any of the addresses of her local friends that they might have interviewed OR the address of the original complainant (if local) they may have spoken to in re: to her being missing----so the following attached pics being related are speculative only. All events are in the general area, the dates and times possibly jive, they show appropriate response levels (cars that went) and total time on scene for the severity seems correct. I'll attach 3-5 of the most appropriate seeming screenshots I took--

*Be advised I'm also finding reports of abandoned cars in the area after she was reported missing, an arrest for a prowler (pic attached) the night she went missing, suspicious cars that were checked & cleared w/no report filed or necessary, harassment complaints, misc other arrests, a stabbing etc. THIS IS NOT a slow paced low incident call volume Sheriff's Dept!!. who knows what's all related or not!

So according to my very quick backwards glance- feel free to verify/add actual times because I'm totally rushing to get this posted:
1.Natalie reported missing Thursday Dec 28th at noon or after? (see possible pic of initial report) does 2:02pm sound correct?
2.Natalie found Friday Dec 29th- unknown exact time at this second. ie: day time or night (see possible pic) 1:43pm sound correct?
3.SS claims to have been notified by phone from ACSO that she was missing Thursday Dec 28th 9:50 pm-ish
4. Friday Dec 29th he claims to still be waiting to hear back from them and doesn't appear to have spoken to them in person yet at 4:20pm (multiple comments/posts in between)
5. Saturday Dec 30th at 06:08am he claims to have just spent a considerable amount of time speaking with them. Not sure what time Friday night/early Sat they picked him up to interview him-- but also attaching pic of possible logged event for that. see two pics of possible Friday night interviews/officer initiated follow-ups ie: possible temp custodial arrests or detainment for questioning....

link for search tool
http://myneighborhoodupdate.net/?center=39.986809, -104.81816900000001&zoom=15&c=all

pics to follow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member