GUILTY CO - Semi Driver Arrested After Slamming Into Cars on I-70, Lakewood, multiple deaths, Apr 2019

From what I understand there was a smaller earlier accident that was being worked/cleared so the traffic was already stalled. Kind of like sitting ducks, I’m sad to say.

Which would be why thecops were already there.

I saw some people running around in the video. At least running tothe scene. Probably in an attempt to help.

I don't see brake lights or flashers. I don't hear a horn. I can't imagine panicking so much you just freeze, but I'm good in emergencies.

The brakes were already smoking in that video. His brakes didn't fail he fried them. I bet he wasn't in a lower gear.

That's like driving 1.0! You stay in the right lane going slow so if you have issues you can hit the ramp without hitting anyone else.

I think it's possible the swerving was panicking. I just can't grasp passing up that ramp. I would absolutely rather take the ramp and die than kill someone else.

I am wondering about 3 things though. He runs a chevy truck off the road and there is a chevy truck in the crash. Are they the same person?

There is a COP that passes the guy with the dash cam. Did this cop witness any of the reckless driving or see the brakes smoking? If so, he could have potentially helped clear people out of the way and save some lives.

Did anyone call to report him before the crash? I know there wouldn't have been time to prevent it, but did anyone even try?

These are the things I'd like to know.

I can easily see him focusing too hard on the road so he wouldn't hit anyone, and not seeing the runaway ramp signs.

His swerving seems to be from having a runaway truck. Not from panic.

But I'm baffled about him not at least thinking to put on his flashers or blare his horn.

I don't know if it's "b.s." I just think they can't have all the facts. How can they blame the trucking company unless they're saying they hired an inexperienced driver? Or do they have info that the truck was faulty in some way?

How can they be sure this didn't occur due to the driver's negligence?

It's an awful tragedy no matter what. He's a young guy. Driving a powerful machine. At that age I was still an imbecile.

The one thing that bothers me about him is his mugshot. He doesn't look distraught at all.

Although runaway truck ramps offer an emergency solution, not all drivers are going to use them.

Trucks are often damaged by the forces at play to stop them, and I imagine there are consequences for the drivers, depending on their personal situation and the company they work for.

Driver personality/experience/
attitude and company culture often interact in disastrous ways.

It will be interesting to see if these issues are addressed at trial.
IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back