Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Trinket78 seems like his dad was the first to fly out (even before any of her family can’t) to CO when they went missing. There were lots of rumors in msm that his dad convinced him to confess but affidavit states he asked to speak to his dad before he told the truth. Kind of made it sound like he wanted to come clean before being locked up and not that his dad drove him down to confess. Did his dad go out with the intention of helping to find sw and the girls or do you think he already had a feeling something terrible happened?
The affidavit was correct.

Yes. Again, we have an example of what people in deep grief look like and then we have CW.
Thanks for posting that. The little area above his beard and below the lower lip adornment is carefully shaved. That, IMO, (from having had a husband with a non-sculptured beard), would have to be shaved each day to maintain the design. So, before his media appearances he was staring at himself in the mirror, knowing he murdered, working on that preening vanity project, and before he told the media he had been busy texting his wife. And the moustache is carefully trimmed not to cover his upper lip too much. Gad, vanity like that while knowing his little kids were floating in toxic crude. And that he did it.

I respect your opinion, the only variance is the circumstances. Demeanor also includes the way a person carry themselves. For a person who is under the stress and anguish of their missing family, personal care/appearance would be the last concern. But, that is JMO.

EBM: punctuation
I would resemble the Wreck of the Hesperus!!

Regarding all the posts stating CW looked well groomed, with a clean shave and even ready for a photo shoot. From what I've seen he always looks nicely groomed. He was even nicely groomed in the court room. JMO, but I don't think that tells us anything. If he didn't always look that way it would be something to consider. It doesn't hold any weight for me.

You don't think that a well groomed man might skip a day of self grooming if he had just seen his wife strangle his little children?

I think C.W. had an idea that SW might be pregnant before that video was taped. Most wives tell their husbands when their periods are late before the actual confirmation of the pregnancy. That’s not something you keep secret when you’re trying for a baby, and SW doesn’t seem like the secretive type to me, anyway, she was an open book. I think CW walked into the house, noticed the t-shirt SW was wearing, noticed that she had the camera going, noticed that he was being taped, and then he went along with it. That’s who he was. He never shows excitement or enthusiasm in any of their videos, he’s not the kind of guy who jumps up and down screaming with joy.

Idk. My husband and I tried for well over a year to get pregnant and i didnt even tell him about the missed period. I totally surprised him!

Edited to add- i’m not saying I disagree with your theory because i do believe he played along when the camera was rolling but just saying that it is possible she didnt tell him before hand.

I have no doubt that one of his lawyers pre that short hearing on 21 Aug would have advised him with a couple of sentences - not to be emotional/ react/ court room etiquette etc ie. the bare basics given to any defendent.

As nutmegg just said "coaching" per se implies something different that likely comes later.

Anyway, I'll read Nikynoo's replies on this as s/he is also an attorney, in case anyone here missed that from the last thread.
no experience of criminal trials I'm afraid @cottonweaver . In my civil trials, we do prep the witnesses, not only to ensure that the trial narrative is kept to, but also how to 'perform' (for want of a better word) for the jury.

Yes but I’m looking at the whole big picture and the outcome. He could have thought he was in love with the other woman maybe was really young and was infatuated with her. Look at the Sabrina Simone case. This does happen. It appears this marriage was hanging on by a fine thread. SW thought he might be having an affair but had “no game” but obviously he did. There must have been animosity, resentment going on in this marriage and it was falling apart. He doesn’t seem the type to have a relationship it he was really happy in his marriage. Why stray if your happy? This affair could be what motivated him wanting a separation.

My question would be "why stray at all?". He never needed SW's permission to walk out the door, if he was that "fed" up with the marriage. He was considered to be a good guy, a good husband and father, so why not show some character and integrity and tell your wife the reason(s) you want out, and then just walk out. He did not need SW's agreement on this. Not at all.

A man who has a secret life is not always capable of murdering his pregnant wife, or wife, children, but they sometimes are. Examples - Scott Peterson, Jeffrey MacDonald, Mark Hacking, Neil Entwhistle, Christian Longo, etc. etc. etc.

These are family annihilators and CW is textbook. Others can pick apart any nuance they perceive SW exhibited that makes her somehow
responsible for what happened to her, or to the children. IMO, SW had no clue what he was capable of doing until it was too late to save herself or her children.

All JMO.

You don't think that a well groomed man might skip a day of self grooming if he had just seen his wife strangle his little children?
This. Plus.. in front of the cameras he was portraying a husband/father who's family was missing when in reality & known to him he had, admitted later, to killing his wife & disposing of all 3 bodies. What kind of a person does it take to do this? He was a chameleon of epic proportions. Jmo

In a no fault state, one or the other would have to buy out the partner’s share of the house.

A person cannot keep living in it without owing the other one money. I doubt if SW could afford to live there either

A divorce would financially ruin each of them. He could get 50 percent custody and not have to pay child support. But he would have to pay some daycare.

Pick them up, feed them, buy clothes, etc. Too much hassle.

Idk. My husband and I tried for well over a year to get pregnant and i didnt even tell him about the missed period. I totally surprised him!

Edited to add- i’m not saying I disagree with your theory because i do believe he played along when the camera was rolling but just saying that it is possible she didnt tell him before hand.

Bless your heart. As I recall, trying so long to get pregnant proves that even the most pleasurable of pursuits can be made into a joyless chore.

Yes ma'am. Those houses are super close together. If he saw this horrir occurring, you'd expect shrieking in terror. Wailing in anguish. Shouting in rage.

Nothing. Silence.

The only thing anyone heard was the mournful wailing of the dog I think the next day.

These killings were silent.

Again, does not fit the scenario CW wants us to believe.

Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if he dosed them first.
Wouldn't the mom scream?

Thanks for posting that. The little area above his beard and below the lower lip adornment is carefully shaved. That, IMO, (from having had a husband with a non-sculptured beard), would have to be shaved each day to maintain the design. So, before his media appearances he was staring at himself in the mirror, knowing he murdered, working on that preening vanity project, and before he told the media he had been busy texting his wife. And the moustache is carefully trimmed not to cover his upper lip too much. Gad, vanity like that while knowing his little kids were floating in toxic crude. And that he did it.

Hence why I think he is a narcissistic psychopath.

In a no fault state, one or the other would have to buy out the partner’s share of the house.

A person cannot keep living in it without owing the other one money. I doubt if SW could afford to live there either

A divorce would financially ruin each of them. He could get 50 percent custody and not have to pay child support. But he would have to pay some daycare.

Pick them up, feed them, buy clothes, etc. Too much hassle.

I am only speaking on my no fault state. I did not buy my ex out of the house. We did a quit claim deed and that was it. My ex and I have 50/50 custody and he pays child support. Well, he is supposed to pay child support.

All I know is if my husband and I were financially strapped in debt, bankruptcy a baby would be the last thing we would try bringing into the world. If in that situation and I sprung that on him we would both be in tears.

Well, at the very least C.W. knew she wasn’t using birth control, and they were trying for a baby, so it wouldn’t have been a complete shocker. Would you say you are as open as SW is, or are you more secretive? I told my husband the minute I thought I was late, but I tell him everything, always.

Well, at the very least C.W. knew she wasn’t using birth control, and they were trying for a baby, so it wouldn’t have been a complete shocker. Would you say you are as open as SW is, or are you more secretive? I told my husband the minute I thought I was late, but I tell him everything, always.
We don't know for certain he didn't know she wasn't using birth control. Possibly a reasonable assumption but we don't KNOW that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member