Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also saw a photo of the note. I'm sure it was here.... unfortunately I've slept too many times since... FWIW I do remember thinking it looked like it said "lock me".
I remember the picture too Marli61 way way back, but I also remember it was a very grainy quality image and I could not make out the words. I think based on what NU stated in interview, that the door was not as it normally was meaning it was latched, I am leaning towards it being a Thrive note and not a reminder to latch the door. JMO.

The affidavit just states "he walked down stairs for a moment" so we don't know what he did downstairs and if he even did go downstairs. He had to say something to explain how SW had time to go to the girls before he came back up to discover what happened. We don't know how long he was downstairs but to me if you go with the literal definition it means the following:
Moment (time) - Wikipedia
The length of a solar hour depended on the length of the day, which in turn varied with the season, so the length of a moment in modern seconds was not fixed, but on average, a moment corresponds to 90 seconds.

Would that be enough time to kill one child and start the next?
Ah but I do think everyone will have their own definition of a moment.

You can be strong. You can be a "fighter." But you still need the opportunity to fight back. A stronger man, and the element of surprise, are significant disadvantages. There's certainly a few ways that he could have done this, and not have a mark left on him.

I remember the picture too Marli61 way way back, but I also remember it was a very grainy quality image and I could not make out the words. I think based on what NU stated in interview, that the door was not as it normally was meaning it was latched, I am leaning towards it being a Thrive note and not a reminder to latch the door. JMO.
Yes.. the image wasn't the best.

The affidavit just states "he walked down stairs for a moment" so we don't know what he did downstairs and if he even did go downstairs. He had to say something to explain how SW had time to go to the girls before he came back up to discover what happened. We don't know how long he was downstairs but to me if you go with the literal definition it means the following:
The length of a solar hour depended on the length of the day, which in turn varied with the season, so the length of a moment in modern seconds was not fixed, but on average, a moment corresponds to 90 seconds.

Nope but it would be plenty of time for him to put something in her water!

Ah but I do think everyone will have their own definition of a moment.
Agreed @Allabouttrial, it is open for interpretation for sure but does anyone think if CW went downstairs for a "moment" that that moment lasted long enough for SW to strangle a child to death and start the next child? That's where I am questioning the time he went downstairs if he did at all. Plus, would not SW made noise going into each daughter's room, possibly stomping her feet, yelling, slamming a door etc that would draw CW's attention. Unless the girls were in their parent's bed at the time??

While I think that could affect someone's strength level, I do not believe being pregnant, tired, etc, would prevent someone from significantly fighting back in a life or death struggle. The body releases adrenaline so for a short period of time, you can do some amazing things to fight back, IMO.
Yes, from what I understand, the thrashing and struggling is almost an automatic response in the desperate attempt to breathe. The severe pain would also cause one to resist violently. Some victims injure their necks in an effort to resist. Jmo

Exactly. I think that was his logic in saying that, as he had to distance himself from his wife, and make his scenario sound plausible. He had to give her enough time to do what he claims she did.

You can be strong. You can be a "fighter." But you still need the opportunity to fight back. A stronger man, and the element of surprise, are significant disadvantages. There's certainly a few ways that he could have done this, and not have a mark left on him.

I think it’s possible she also left more marks on herself. In a panic, she may have been trying to get her hands beneath his hold, whatever kind it was, which might see her putting claw marks on her own neck. If that’s the case, we will see it in the ME report.

Nope but it would be plenty of time for him to put something in her water!
But what guarantee would CW have that SW would drink that water? Didn't SW always have a beverage container with her with her Thrive drinks in it and wouldn't that be what SW would be anticipated to reach for if thirsty versus water that CW brought to her?

I think it’s possible she also left more marks on herself. In a panic, she may have been trying to get her hands beneath his hold, whatever kind it was, which might see her putting claw marks on her own neck. If that’s the case, we will see it in the ME report.
Good point, and that's definitely plausible.

It will be interesting and revealing to most to see any evidence from the walls of the home (i.e. the bedroom and hallway leading downstairs). I know I’ve moved furniture and knicked the walls in my switchback. If he went downstairs or she went downstairs, there was a struggle - pretty sure we would see signs of it.

Hello, everyone! After years of sporadic lurking, a real username of my own :)

I've been following this case and thread since Shan'ann was missing a month (already!) ago. I share your frustrations about the lack of new official information since the affidavit was released! This disturbing case has gotten under my skin...

I was driven to sign up in part to share my latest find: For those like me who have been trying to understand more about the effects of being submerged (ugh) in crude oil, you may be interested in the media coverage of a self-branded "luxury" spa in Azerbaijan. This spa offers crude oil treatments; it charges its clientele for the privilege of being submerged to their chins in a crude oil bath for ten minutes. At the end of the session, they emerge coated in crude oil, dripping into the black pool bubbling in the tub. A worker scrapes it off their body with a tool.

The video of this spa treatment is in the link below, but stills can be found by searching Google Images for 'Azerbaijan & spa & crude oil.' The images could be jarring, given the context of this case, so please don't watch when trying to relax for the evening :(

Azerbaijan spa treats customers in crude oil baths

(I hope it's alright to post this - still learning TOS, but it seems that Reuters is MSM, so hoping that means this is ok! Business Insider, others, also carrying story with images.)

Also, O/T, but... if the thought of paying to be submerged in crude oil isn't bad enough, imagine it's crude oil that's literally been scraped off of every body in the tub before you. After all, crude oil is expensive; so, naturally, the spa wants it back when you're done. :eek: Back into the tub it goes!
Some thoughts...
Crude oil "treatments "
Has to be scraped off
This got me to thinking about paraffin manicures .. wax sticking to the fingers. Skin being very soft as a result.
I asked Mr. Marli if crude oil has paraffin in it.. turns out it does. Better quality oil ie. "sweet oil" has less paraffin. I haven't heard or read anything to indicate what type oil was in these tanks.
I guess I'm wondering if the crude oil may have preserved much needed evidence?
Just me rambling...

That makes perfect sense based on friends I've had in the MLM scene. It used to be that way if you visited anyone really involved in Amway products too. Stickers and motivational signs everywhere.
Yes, there is a video on FB somewhere where someone mentions her goal stickers at many doors in the house (e.g. 200K goal)

@MyBelle:
One reason I think it's possible CW's story is true is because he used the words "surreal" and "nightmare" in his interview. It would be surreal for any parent to wake up, have a tense conversation and then see shocking images on a baby monitor.

I viewed the SM and videos through the lens of Medea Complex because I don't believe CW wanted another baby and was tired of her constant SM Thrive portrayal as the perfect family. CW wanted out and without him, SW's perfect life would crumble.

I think it possible SW knew about her husband's affair in May and was trying to compete with his new love. And on that fateful morning, CW told her he had made his choice and it was not SW. If that's the case I can see SW flying into a rage and killing his daughters out of revenge. Until I see conclusive evidence that CW killed the girls, I'll consider it a possibility. JMO

MyBelle, 52 minutes ago Report

I respect your opinion on keeping open possibilities. On the CW interview, I respectfully disagree. (1) He is lying throughout that interview, by his own later admission. (2) IIRC, he found it surreal that there were cops all over - like in a movie. (3) wouldn't it be a nightmare for him even if he killed everyone? Looks like a nightmare to me. (4) He said "this has to stop...someone needs to come forward" so how does that figure in? He is not just lying, he is demanding a fictional person who knows what only he knows come forward and stop this nightmare. What are your thoughts on these points?

CW wasn't lying throughout the interview. He admitted they had an emotional conversation and he wanted to separate. Please show me the proof he lied, please.

Did you find Susan's Smith tearful plea for her children's kidnappers believable? I sure did. So did her ex-husband. Cops did, too, at first.

My point is that I'm not an expert on analyzing what's going through the brains of people who are being interviewed by the news media in stressful situations which is why I always make it clear it is my opinion based on my own personal and professional experience. JMO

Our VI’s haven’t posted lately I think It’s been a couple of days for Trinket. I hope we didn’t scare them off. I really appreciate their knowledge of the Watts family.

The majority in here feel there's enough info to convict CW. It's been hard for me and I don't even know anybody involved. I can't imagine sticking around if I knew inside info and was a VI who thought CW was innocent of killing the girls. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member