Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluff said:
@gitana1 ~ Further to last night's discussion regarding whether CW is permitted visitors at the Weld County Jail or not, I can confirm that CW is permitted to receive visitors which collaborates my original post from last night.

To confirm this fact, call (970) 356-4015 and enter Christopher Lee Watts name and the times and days of the week he is permitted visitors will be announced.

Therefore, it is my continued opinion that CW is not under suicide watch at this time and is allowed visitors (family, friends, lawyers etc) hence the defense team's request to keep CW jail visitors logs secret despite it being denied by the judge.

He’s on close watch protocol.

Chris Watts Is Mad About How Media Portrays Him, Says Source: 'He Feels Like No One Understands Him'

He spends 23 hours a day in his cell in Weld County Jail under “Close Watch Protocol” — a technical name for suicide watch. He has no TV or reading material. Once a day, he is allowed to go to the common room, where he is alone. In that room is a table with a communal newspaper that he is free to read.
@Mrspratcher all I can confirm is that if you contact the above number indicated and enter CW's full name it will tell you the days and times he is allowed visitors.
I personally would believe what the Weld County Jail automated telephone system is stating versus a news article as I am certain that the jail updates their computer system hourly and/or daily in real time specific to individual inmates status in regards to visitation privileges.

There is no understanding it. Thank you Pommy!
You're welcome. And it's perfectly understandable to say, "I just don't understand it!" After Ted Bundy was tried and convicted for two of his murders, his mother said, "Ted Bundy does not go around killing women and little children!” It wasn't until after she listened to the tapes of him confessing to many more murders that she actually believed he was a serial killer.

MOO

Bluff said:
@gitana1 ~ Further to last night's discussion regarding whether CW is permitted visitors at the Weld County Jail or not, I can confirm that CW is permitted to receive visitors which collaborates my original post from last night.

To confirm this fact, call (970) 356-4015 and enter Christopher Lee Watts name and the times and days of the week he is permitted visitors will be announced.

Therefore, it is my continued opinion that CW is not under suicide watch at this time and is allowed visitors (family, friends, lawyers etc) hence the defense team's request to keep CW jail visitors logs secret despite it being denied by the judge.

@Mrspratcher all I can confirm is that if you contact the above number indicated and enter CW full name it will tell you the days and times he is allowed visitors.
I personally would believe what the Weld County Jail automated telephone system is stating versus a news article as I am certain that the jail updates their computer system hourly and/or daily in real time specific to individual inmates status.

Like you mentioned, that’s your personal belief.

Bluff said:

@Mrspratcher all I can confirm is that if you contact the above number indicated and enter CW's full name it will tell you the days and times he is allowed visitors.
I personally would believe what the Weld County Jail automated telephone system is stating versus a news article as I am certain that the jail updates their computer system hourly and/or daily in real time specific to individual inmates status in regards to visitation privileges.
As far as I know, he’s been allowed visitors since the beginning. Hence, the motions in regards to the visitor logs. He’s been on close watch since he got there.

Are you saying that he’s no longer on suicide watch because he’s being allowed visitors, even though he’s been allowed visitors since he got there?

Yes, he is shocked that it has made international news and no one understands him.

He must be delusional. Who would understand killing the kids? I read an article indicating that the level of online compassion is the highest towards the kids and the animals, as opposed to adults. Killing the kids sealed his image as the monster. Or does he think that because of SW's perfectionistis and controlling traits, people would view her as capable of killing her daughters? Or does he think people can understand how someone could prepare the bodies, move them, push them in the car, etc?

Bluff said:
@gitana1 ~ Further to last night's discussion regarding whether CW is permitted visitors at the Weld County Jail or not, I can confirm that CW is permitted to receive visitors which collaborates my post from last night.

Therefore, it is my opinion that CW is not under suicide watch at this time and is allowed visitors (family, friends, lawyers etc) hence the defense team's request to keep CW jail visitors logs secret however it was denied by the judge.

@MollyDDD If you contact the above phone number at the Weld County Sheriff's Office Detentions Division I am sure they will direct you to the correct department who could answer that question for you.
I don't understand why you're encouraging people to call and ask about CW?

What we heard today was that he is feeling self pity over the way he is being perceived in the media. No mention of the catastrophic loss of his children.

I saw that, too. I wonder if we would be hearing if he was lamenting his family, since he Public Enemy #1. There has been NOTHING from his family on the case, either, and surely his family is mourning the loss.

I take MSM with a grain of salt. Headlines have to be sensational to grab attention. I have also seen firsthand how terrible media can report something (a friend of the family was hit and killed by a car while riding his bike, and there were several witnesses. The local media made so many errors reporting the details around the incident, that I haven't completely trusted news sources since. Obviously this is a tiny event in comparison to a high profile murder case, but I am wary)

EDIT: clarification on my trust issues

Last edited:
I saw that, too. I wonder if we would be hearing if he was lamenting his family, since he Public Enemy #1. There has been NOTHING from his family on the case, either, and surely his family is mourning the loss.

I take MSM with a grain of salt. Headlines have to be sensational to grab attention. I have also seen firsthand how terrible media can report something (a friend of the family was hit and killed by a car while riding his bike, and there were several witnesses. The local media made so many errors reporting the details around the incident, that I haven't trusted any media since. Obviously this is a tiny event in comparison to a high profile murder case, but I am wary)
So where do you get your news?

It’s great that you have a lot of education and experience, but many of us see things you don’t see or choose not to see

Yes and people with actual degrees and licenses in psychology, as well as numerous parents on here, others who also have training and education in early childhood development and lawyers like me who have to deal actual domestic violence cases and a variety of child abuse and neglect allegations in the context of custody cases, disagree.

Geez I've been litigating custody since 2002 and I'd be laughed out of the courtroom if I tried to introduce those cherry-picked videos as "evidence" of abuse, neglect or even just bad parenting.

It's not my style of parenting but wow. It's not close to the realm of something nefarious.

Holy smokes.

Yes and people with actual degrees and licenses in psychology, as well as numerous parents on here, others who also have training and education in early childhood development and lawyers like me who have to deal actual domestic violence cases and a variety of child abuse and neglect allegations in the context of custody cases, disagree.

Geez I've been litigating custody since 2002 and I'd be laughed out of the courtroom if I tried to introduce those cherry-picked videos as "evidence" of abuse, neglect or even just bad parenting.

It's not my style of parenting but wow. It's not close to the realm of something nefarious.

Holy smokes.
I totally agree

IMO there were several underlying issues SW had that may attributed her to feel threatened by him leaving. Perhaps one of her parents or someone close made her feel insecure and that is why she was OCD and needed control of the little things and her surroundings.
I respect your opinion & appreciate this forum .

I disagree with your opinion here. IMO It's CW's lack of self control that's caused this horror. IMO I do feel that Shannan would be devastated emotionally by divorcing , but no amount of control issues on her part would cause her to hurt her own children. No amount of emotional pain , no OCD , no revenge would make Shannan hurt her babies.

From all accounts thru Shannan's videos , friend & family comments her family is extremely close and loving.

Therefore, it is my continued opinion that CW is not under suicide watch at this time and is allowed visitors (family, friends, lawyers etc) hence the defense team's request to keep CW's jail visitors logs secret despite it being denied by the judge.

I'm not really aware of last night's conversation. I'm not sure why I'm being tagged.

Suicide watch or not, this dude would have unfettered access to his lawyers and experts.

I don't know if the rules in the jail there don't allow other visitors of a person is on suicide watch.

And I don't really care.

I just hope he's being closely watched because I feel he's a horrible coward and at super high risk of offing himself rather than facing justice.

Because the nebulizer wasn't for asthma? Oh wait...

“There is absolutely no evidence that she killed her children,” the source tells PEOPLE in this week’s issue. “None at all. And there is physical evidence to tie him to their murders. Strangulation is a very personal way to kill someone, with a lot of physical contact. Just based on the preliminary evidence, everything is consistent with him killing them all.”
'Absolutely No Evidence' Shan'ann Watts Killed Her Daughters: Police Source
MOO
Now that you mention it, what was the theory about the nebulizer and that it can be used for other things and how was it thought to be related? I remember that discussion, and even replied, but I'm still confused as to what the point turned out to be. Was it suggested something deadly was used in it? It was all very vague and secretive and I never found out what the theory was.

Question for the attorneys (and anyone else who can comment): Does a defense team ever conduct their own independent autopsy with an independent Medical Examiner if they feel there was evidence that was not found by the ME or was somehow missed during the official autopsy?

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Apart from Attorney visits, all other visitors are just video visits AFIK. Not sure that would affect his status as far as being under close watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for the attorneys (and anyone else who can comment): Does a defense team ever conduct their own independent autopsy with an independent Medical Examiner if they feel there was evidence that was not found by the ME or was somehow missed during the official autopsy?
They would have to exhume the bodies and I am not sure that anyone would be that cruel to SW's family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cdawn