Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, let me preface my response with this disclaimer: I don’t know who killed the children. I’m open to hearing all viewpoints and evolving my theories based on information as it comes out.
However, I was one of the people who stated that I saw alarming behaviors in some of the videos SW posted on SM. I know many of you disagree. I wanted to respond to this particular claim that both SW & CW are equally participating in the behaviors that I personally, as a mother and advocate for children of over 20 years, had issue with.

The squirt bottle video: a toddler is repeatedly squirt in the face with a firm stream of water by her mother. This action is sometimes used by pet owners to deter bad behavior. This action goes on for over 2 minutes. She calls to the other child, who refuses to come out. The father remains in the shadows, quietly looking on, making sure the child being squirted does not become upset. When the child has had enough, note who quickly pulls her inside & who yells, “Don’t save her!”

The pie in the face video: the children and their father are directed to receive whipped cream in their faces for 5 minutes. This is a commonly played game & I’m not citing issue with the game itself. The father receives the most “hits,” and everyone laughs. The mother never participates, but demands one child play despite her repeatedly saying she doesn’t want to. The mother directs the child to receive the whipped cream in the face anyway, and the child becomes extremely upset. The video is stopped & restarted to give the child time to calm down over her loss in this contest of wills. Over a game.

The Santa video: the husband is dressed as Santa and is instructed by his wife to wait outside as she collects the girls. When she announces to them that Santa is coming, they become upset and begin to cry and/or hide. She proceeds with the plan. “Santa” comes in and tries to engage with one child who has hesitantly obeyed her mother’s command to come see their visitor. The other child is hysterically crying in another room. The father does not force the child to do anything. He talks calmly and asks the child questions in his regular voice. He is quickly admonished for not keeping up the ruse. His FIL comments on the live video, “Watch your voice!!” His wife makes a comment alluding to the fact that this Santa is effeminate because he’s not using a deep voice. She places the child on his lap, again ignoring the child telling her that she does not want to do this. The child again becomes upset at this perceived betrayal and pouts. “Santa” leaves the scene. He does not go find the other child who is hiding, he seems to know this activity is a bust. The mother then repeatedly admonishes the child for not liking Santa’s visit or being grateful for her gift. She calls her the Grinch in a disgusted tone about 5 times.

My observations only. MOO

Thank you for sharing your point of view based on your experience and expertise. It truly causes me to think about different possibilities.

In your opinion, do you believe the events you noted to be a form of child abuse? If so; why do you think no one (including CW or his family) reported SW to children services- I believe many of these were "live" videos posted to FB? (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong)
Have you encountered a child that has suffered irreparable psychological damage from any of the events you noted?

TIA for sharing your beliefs and experiences! :D

How do you know she strangled her babies?
Because the nebulizer wasn't for asthma? Oh wait...

“There is absolutely no evidence that she killed her children,” the source tells PEOPLE in this week’s issue. “None at all. And there is physical evidence to tie him to their murders. Strangulation is a very personal way to kill someone, with a lot of physical contact. Just based on the preliminary evidence, everything is consistent with him killing them all.”
'Absolutely No Evidence' Shan'ann Watts Killed Her Daughters: Police Source
MOO

Bluff said:
@gitana1 ~ Further to last night's discussion regarding whether CW is permitted visitors at the Weld County Jail or not, I can confirm that CW is permitted to receive visitors which collaborates my post from last night.

To confirm this fact, call (970) 356-4015 and enter Christopher Lee Watts name and the times and days of the week he is permitted visitors will be announced.

Therefore, it is my opinion that CW is not under suicide watch at this time and is allowed visitors (family, friends, lawyers etc) hence the defense team's request to keep CW jail visitors logs secret however it was denied by the judge.

Okay, so how do we get a hold of that log?

@MollyDDD If you contact the above phone number at the Weld County Sheriff's Office Detentions Division I am sure they will direct you to the correct department who could answer that question for you.

That is very creepy and all of them have misleading titles. IMO, It seems like some CW fans are effectively stalking her by watching those videos and saying how she had it coming.

I got myself intentionally kicked out of a FB group the other day for saying in no uncertain terms what I think of those who say CW is hot and are trying to justify him murdering his entire family and discarding them like trash.

Glad to be back here with intelligent and thoughtful posters.

BBM - I must be in the same group. People are tearing at SW - everything from the way she did her hair to the way she talked. These posts seem to imply, "see, she was horrible and this is why he killed her," but if anyone dare call them on that, they eat them alive. Even the moderators are anti-SW.

Regarding SW many, many videos. I see CW in these videos playing with and appearing to be very attentive to his girls. He is a willing participant. He does what he's told. This makes it so painful to imagine him murdering his little girls and disposing of them. So I have now found myself more than once hoping that he is remorseful. There is a rumor (in the above group by a moderator who claims to have an inside jail source) that CW spends his nights sobbing in his cell, and he is taunted by other inmates. Is it ever possible that people like this can be regretful?

EDIT: Adding MOO

Imo the autopsy may have something compelling that the prosecution did not anticipate once they received preliminary findings there the hesitation to get final results is bc they perhaps needed an expert . Moo I believe the timeline matches his confession and can not be disproven. He confessed as to telling the truth and thus far I am still anxiously awaiting the release of these results.
Which of his timelines aligns with your opinion?

If he had brains he'd be dangerous. That's the best I got.

Zaza asked if anyone had anything good to say. There is either a video or at least there is text about the guy talking where the birthday party was held (I think it was that guy )He talked about what a great guy CW was. That he would come an help him at anytime.

I think several people talked about how lovey dovey they were.

BBM - I must be in the same group. People are tearing at SW - everything from the way she did her hair to the way she talked. These posts seem to imply, "see, she was horrible and this is why he killed her," but if anyone dare call them on that, they eat them alive. Even the moderators are anti-SW.

Regarding SW many, many videos. I see CW in these videos playing with and appearing to be very attentive to his girls. He is a willing participant. He does what he's told. This makes it so painful to imagine him murdering his little girls and disposing of them. So I have now found myself more than once hoping that he is remorseful. There is a rumor (in the above group by a moderator who claims to have an inside jail source) that CW spends his nights sobbing in his cell, and he is taunted by other inmates. Is it ever possible that people like this can be regretful?

Prob sobbing for himself...

Yes, and there is no evidence she was angry or in the mood for revenge prior to returning home.
It will be very interesting to hear from NUA in the future. I would love to hear her perspective on SW's mood when she dropped her off. Was she feeling ill? Was she overly tired? Was she frustrated? Did SW say anything about CW on the way home?

What we heard today was that he is feeling self pity over the way he is being perceived in the media. No mention of the catastrophic loss of his children.

@gitana1 ~ Further to last night's discussion regarding whether CW is permitted visitors at the Weld County Jail or not, I can confirm that CW is permitted to receive visitors which collaborates my original post from last night.

To confirm this fact, call (970) 356-4015 and enter Christopher Lee Watts name and the times and days of the week he is permitted visitors will be announced.

Therefore, it is my continued opinion that CW is not under suicide watch at this time and is allowed visitors (family, friends, lawyers etc) hence the defense team's request to keep CW jail visitors logs secret despite it being denied by the judge.

He’s on close watch protocol.

Chris Watts Is Mad About How Media Portrays Him, Says Source: 'He Feels Like No One Understands Him'

He spends 23 hours a day in his cell in Weld County Jail under “Close Watch Protocol” — a technical name for suicide watch. He has no TV or reading material. Once a day, he is allowed to go to the common room, where he is alone. In that room is a table with a communal newspaper that he is free to read.

So many scenarios pop into your head when you read about so many theories. Who thinks maybe he had a plan to get rid of his wife and children at some stage , maybe not in this hurried way , but that something escalated that morning when SW walked into the house after her delayed flight. Maybe he snapped in anger and frustration and killed SW and then had to hurriedly put that sketchy daydream into action. IMO he killed SW then after realising what he had done and what the future would be even if he got away with her murder, murdered his little girls. Obviously it wasn't a solid plan or even well thought out . IMO it snowballed that morning. He,d had a lot of free time while SW was away in NC to think up many plans. Maybe he never thought it would be a reality , but it was lurking within him.
To be very clear ,I'm just trying to understand how this could possibly happen to this family . Saying he snapped in anger does not in any way absolve him from this horrendous crime. You could have walked away buddy.

I don't think he snapped in anger. Not at all. It was all preplanned. I think he'd been dreaming about it, imagining it for a while.

He probably felt SW took the control of his life away from him. And I think he might have dreamed about getting it back for a while, but everything got precipitated by SW's trip back to NC.

He was free for 6 weeks. No SW, no kids in his house. I don't know if AP even mattered per se, or it was just a figure of convenience.

But I know another situation, when someone's SO left after a quarrel, and with the SO being away, the person realized one thing - that the dread was the main emotion in anticipation of the SO's return. That person merely filed for divorce, very civilly. Broke free.

Up to this point, I think I can understand the situation. Choosing to kill the family instead of a divorce is what I can not understand.

If CW were a different man, he could have obtained the divorce after the first kid. Sometimes people merely don't match. But waiting till the third one was on the way and then killing them all is so wicked.

Last edited:
Good article:

The associate professor of criminology and criminal justice at MSU Denver and former prosecutor has worked with thousands of victims of family violence.

"When he said she was the one strangling the children, I knew right then he was the one who strangled the children, because he can give all the details of what he said she did because he was doing it himself," she said. "It's going to be hard on the family to hear the lies. And there's some secrets there, I'm afraid. It's going to be hard for the jury. It's going to be hard for the public to really understand because there is no understanding it," Mowder said.
Criminologist on Chris Watts case: 'There's some secrets there'
There is no understanding it. Thank you Pommy!

Revenge looks to hurt someone as to the benefit imo

I am intrigued with your theory. Can you elaborate any further? Who do you believe she was trying to hurt- CW, their families, herself?

If you believe she killed their children, why do you think he was the one charged with their murders?

I am open to investigating your line of thinking- just need a little more info to do so!

He’s on close watch protocol.

Chris Watts Is Mad About How Media Portrays Him, Says Source: 'He Feels Like No One Understands Him'

He spends 23 hours a day in his cell in Weld County Jail under “Close Watch Protocol” — a technical name for suicide watch. He has no TV or reading material. Once a day, he is allowed to go to the common room, where he is alone. In that room is a table with a communal newspaper that he is free to read.
The media portrayed him for what he really is. A murderer. Of course no one understands him, how someone can murder their family and hide the daughters in oil tanks and bury his pregnant wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinabluemoon