Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least four different stories...:rolleyes:

MONDAY
CW told Officer Coonrod that he woke up around 5:00 AM and talked to SW about separation. He also said SW told him she was going to a friend's house later that day with their two children but didn't know the friend's name.

CW told Det. Baumhover that approximately 4:00 AM he informed Shanann he wanted to go through with a separation. He said Shanann told him she was going to a friend's house that day.

TUESDAY
He said in one of the porch interviews, "I saw her when she got in but it was really quick, just because it was 2 a.m."

WEDNESDAY
CW stated after he told Shanann he wanted a separation he walked downstairs for a moment and then returned to his bedroom to speak with Shanann again. While in the bedroom, via baby monitor located on Shanann's night stand, he observed Bella "sprawled" out on her bed and blue and Shanann actively strangling Celeste. CW said he went into a rage and ultimately strangled Shanann to death. CW said he loaded all three bodies onto the back seat of his work truck and took them to an oil work site identified as CERVI 319 with GPS coordinates 40.21624374, -104.36667. CW said he buried Shanann near two oil tanks and dumped the girls inside the oils tanks.

MOO

And remember, he stated, on leaving for work in the morning, he saw the girls on their monitors.
More utter rubbish.

Yes, I think so, and it's also possible the LE sources were under the impression that he had confessed to all. It was early days and they might not have had all the info. It's unclear.
Or the journalists jumped the gun and assumed. It's still a mystery to me. Reporters can be very misleading, I think.

If CW did anything to those tanks, it would have some kind of work order, and he would not be doing it alone, just my opinion

Also, back in the beginning of the case, I heard that some coworkers had said that on Monday mornings, the field engineers would go right to the preplanned work sites, because they are given their upcoming work orders on Fridays, so they can go and get right to work in the morning. Does that make sense to you?

I totally agree. And I have been told that those sensors sometimes send data to the main office, so everyone can keep track of oil levels and possible leaks or tampering or thefts. So if he was messing around too much, and affecting the oil levels, someone would be sent out to see what was up.
I wondered the same thing. Those two tanks looked like they were in the middle of no where and only an employee would know how to find them. I would imagine they would have a security fence around them as well.

Many posts ago there was a poster here who said her husband had the same kind of job as CW. She said that the holes were large like that as well. That is what I recall. And those were the top holes. There were discussions about ladders going into the tank to clean them. And I think, amybe, that pictures were provided.

But maybe it was a dream on my part
No, I remember that too. I saw the pictures showing the holes. But I do not know what size or exact type they were. I believe it was said that these tanks are an older type. Not sure, though.

I'm thinking if he raised their arms all the way up, their shoulders can narrow in size to be able to fit into the 8 inch opening.

Following my thoughts only:
Perhaps, knowing of the narrow tank opening, after the girls were murdered, could he have raised their arms above their heads, so if rigor mortis sets in, it would be easier to manoeuvre.
He possibly would weigh them down, at shoulder level, to keep bodies flat.
But from loads, of errors, he perhaps hasn't thought things through.

Many posts ago there was a poster here who said her husband had the same kind of job as CW. She said that the holes were large like that as well. That is what I recall. And those were the top holes. There were discussions about ladders going into the tank to clean them. And I think, amybe, that pictures were provided.

But maybe it was a dream on my part
Hello Sleuthers! You may be referring to me. I have been MIA for a bit & I fell way behind. I have once again interviewed Mr. Marli.. lol. In his opinion the girls tiny bodies would not set off any sensor... that is if there even is a sensor. He says the tanks in that field may be different, but the ones where he worked didn't have sensors. He also said its possible the thief hatch was only an 8 inch diameter, but again.. the field in which he worked, the diameter of the thief hatches were approximately 16 to 18 inches diameter & they were oval as opposed to round.

Does anyone know if Anadarko uses the same tanks at each of their sites? I am curious to know if any of the tanks used by the company (at other sites) have larger openings on the top.

Thinking out loud here...... is it possible that there ARE tanks used at other locations with larger openings? (Or there was a tank that was empty and would not alert to level changes). Perhaps CW's plan was to dispose of SW and Nico at a separate location from the Girls? But due to the door alert and text/call from NUA, he had to come up with a quick plan (hastily dug shallow grave), and attempt to get home before LE arrived. IF premeditated (on the fence/not convinced of this), maybe he thought none of them would ever be found this way?

Hello Sleuthers! You may be referring to me. I have been MIA for a bit & I fell way behind. I have once again interviewed Mr. Marli.. lol. In his opinion the girls tiny bodies would not set off any sensor... that is if there even is a sensor. He says the tanks in that field may be different, but the ones where he worked didn't have sensors. He also said its possible the thief hatch was only an 8 inch diameter, but again.. the field in which he worked, the diameter of the thief hatches were approximately 16 to 18 inches diameter & they were oval as opposed to round.

Interesting. It does make more sense than an 8 inch opening.

If CW did anything to those tanks, it would have some kind of work order, and he would not be doing it alone, just my opinion
So in your opinion a work order will end up showing in evidence? And in your opinion why hasn't an accomplice been arrested?

I believe you're the second person that I've seen to post this same thing so just hoping for a reasonable theory to discuss.

I've asked these questions of both posts. Truly interested in the theory being suggested.

Welcome! I don't think you will be laughed at here.

How do you think he opened them and why would it occur to him to put the bodies in the tanks considering the sensors you bring up that detect the slightest pressure differences ... and how does in doing so despite this make him not a stupid person in your opinion?

I'm sorry, it's probably me, but I am completely confused by this.
He could be smart in some ways. Remember the car mechanic teacher said he had a photographic memory. I know there is no such thing, but he probably meant he had an excellent memory. He must have had to do some calculation to figure out the distribution of weight effecting the sensor. Jmo

Welcome! I don't think you will be laughed at here.

How do you think he opened them and why would it occur to him to put the bodies in the tanks considering the sensors you bring up that detect the slightest pressure differences ... and how does in doing so despite this make him not a stupid person in your opinion?

I'm sorry, it's probably me, but I am completely confused by this.
@Fuelflea
Are you able to elaborate at all?

When they first showed the location of the tanks, I did a little research and found diagrams of similar sized crude oil tanks outlining the features and measurements. I don’t know for sure if the tanks were exactly the same size, but the manhole measurements were 18”-21”.

But are these the 'circumference' stated.
We have been speaking about 8 inch diameter!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike