Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ACA (Affordable Care Act), put into place March 2010, does not allow insurers to deny anyone coverage due to pre-existing conditions. Nor can they charge a higher premium for someone who does.

Because SW was a self-employed contractor/consultant she would have been eligible to enroll in a private health plan, or find coverage through the Health Insurance Market Place. Self-employed people

Federal guidelines would allow the children to remain covered under CW's group health plan through his employer.

People with pre-existing conditions could face higher rates, fewer benefits

The administration has issued two proposed rules in recent months that will allow more people to sign up for alternatives to Obamacare. But the actions are expected to mainly help younger and healthier consumers, while hurting those with spottier health histories.

That's because the proposed regulations, combined with Congress' elimination of the individual mandate next year, will whittle away at Obamacare's sweeping protections for those with pre-existing conditions. This will leave those who are or who have been sick at risk of paying higher premiums, losing their comprehensive coverage or being left without an insurer on the Affordable Care Act exchanges.

"The end result is that you will have two markets," said Sabrina Corlette, research professor at Georgetown University's Health Policy Institute. "One that's for young and healthy individuals who don't need a lot of health care, and another that will provide comprehensive coverage for people with pre-existing conditions, but will be much more expensive."

@Thepoet last thread we were discussing the possible tools in the truck:
Found Deceased - CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #35
I suggested he might have a gas powered impact wrench for taking off the bolts on the oil tank hatches. As a mechanic I think that would be a common tool to own. JMO.
You said: "Could be. The equipment was big, above the sides of the bed. Looked similar to a engine hoist."
I previously speculated that he could have a gas powered auger in his truck that he could have used to dig the grave faster. I was thinking of one like this:
240h_10892961.jpg

AUGER 1-MAN, STAND UP, GAS POWER - Broadway Rental Equipment Co

But when you said it looks like an engine hoist I wondered if he had a larger auger like this one:
1MANAUGER.jpg

AUGER 1-MAN, TOWABLE, GAS POWER - Broadway Rental Equipment Co

Oil industry experts, would this be something CW would normally have for his job?

And does anyone have a good photo of the truck as they towed it away?
Maybe one of our members here can zoom in or enhance the photo to better tell what is in the bed of the truck?

The ACA (Affordable Care Act), put into place March 2010, does not allow insurers to deny anyone coverage due to pre-existing conditions. Nor can they charge a higher premium for someone who does.

Because SW was a self-employed contractor/consultant she would have been eligible to enroll in a private health plan, or find coverage through the Health Insurance Market Place. Self-employed people

Federal guidelines would allow the children to remain covered under CW's group health plan through his employer.

Financially, a divorce for either would be devastating. He would have his new woman with a good job and no expenses with his financial freedom plan.

Last edited:
I remember

Soon after the housing market crashed, I rember the number that was reported of people in the process of foreclosure was 17 million. It took an average of two years from the time the bank declared foreclosure until they would actually take possession of a home. I have no idea what it is now. Jmo

I think it is still a pretty lengthy process. If they can, banks will work to keep people in the home. As my banker family members tell me, they don't want to own a bunch of houses. There was one not far from me where the family moved out almost four years ago and the bank was just able to put that house back on the market this summer.

I believe back when we originally discussed the Watts bankruptcy, it appeared that they had maintained their mortgage payments in order to keep themselves out of foreclosure. I have assumed those payments remained the priority. Logically, the last thing you want to lose is the largest asset. Jmo.

I am going to make a post offering my observation of a published news article and comments in the article but to preempt any push back towards me directly for this post, I want to make it clear that I do not have any loyalty or sympathy towards CW. I simply want to suggest that CW is receiving private citizen visits in jail and as a result of those visits, the consensus towards him is not favorable in CW's mind and he is not getting the support from those private citizens as he was hoping for.

Based on the paragraph below in the news article and the "direct quotes" within the article, I get the distinct impression that CW has received visits from private citizens since his incarceration.

It would appear to me that CW is referring to intimate conversations he has had with private citizens while in jail and not the conversations he has had with his defense team. If it was conversations with his defense team, those interpretations would remain confidential and CW and his defense team would not want those interpretations brought out in the media. I think these quotes support the idea that CW has had private citizen visits and as a result of those visits he feels the following:

"He feels like no one understands him, and nobody knows what happened," an insider told PEOPLE of Watts' current emotional state. "He thinks if they did understand, they'd realize he's not the monster everyone says he is."

Colorado man accused of murdering his wife and two daughters thinks that 'no one understands him'

Last edited by a moderator:
O/T but since the Watts had filed for bankruptcy, bankruptcy can keep you from passing a background check on some types of jobs. Just FYI.

Now back to discussing the murders of the Watts family.

I think it is still a pretty lengthy process. If they can, banks will work to keep people in the home. As my banker family members tell me, they don't want to own a bunch of houses. There was one not far from me where the family moved out almost four years ago and the bank was just able to put that house back on the market this summer.

I believe back when we originally discussed the Watts bankruptcy, it appeared that they had maintained their mortgage payments in order to keep themselves out of foreclosure. I have assumed those payments remained the priority. Logically, the last thing you want to lose is the largest asset. Jmo.

You are correct. Foreclosure is a surprisingly lengthy process & often takes years. I’ve dealt with it in my own neighborhood being a Board member of our HOA.

I do not know whether the Watts were able to reaffirm their debt (mortgage) in their filing. In order to keep the house, they would have to be up-to-date on any mortgage payments & not fall behind. Considering at the time of their filing they had less than $1000 in their checking accounts and less than $10 in savings, I’m not sure how they would have reaffirmed a $3000/mo. mortgage payment. That’s not to say that they didn’t, it just seems unlikely in my opinion. MOO

Did financial trouble contribute to presumed murder of pregnant Shannan Watts and two little girls?

Does anyone know if SW had to purchase the Thrive products or was she at a level where they would be sent to her for free? I remember a video where they had just received some birthday cake flavored bars and other videos showed boxes of Thrive products. Just curious. Thanks.

SBM for brevity. You are correct; SW & CW filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in 2015.

I think what the poster may have been alluding to is this: if they were in financial straights again, they would be unable to file Ch 7 because it had only been 3 years since their last bankruptcy.
I dont understand why they didn't just file chapter 13 in the first place. It would have helped them catch up on their mortgage payments and prevented foreclosure on their home, if they weren't able to keep up in the future. Then they could have filed chapter 7 if they needed to. Does anyone know what assets they had that were liquified and were paid off by the bank to enable them to file chapter 7 in the first place? Did they use SW's home in NC for this? When was that house sold? I'm still confused about all the details.

I dont understand why they didn't just file chapter 13 in the first place. It would have helped them catch up on their mortgage payments and prevented foreclosure on their home, if they weren't able to keep up in the future. Then they could have filed chapter 7 if they needed to. Does anyone know what assets they had that were liquified and were paid off by the bank to enable them to file chapter 7 in the first place? Did they use SW's home in NC for this? When was that house sold? I'm still confused about all the details.

The details are a little hazy but I believe that SW's North Carolina home was sold when they first moved out to Colorado. So it would have been several years before the 2015 bankruptcy filing. Jmo.

“Byron Falls, the man who bought Shanann's home in Belmont, west of Charlotte, said on August 16 that the Watts family had been in quite a rush to sell the home and had even left behind all the furniture as a part of the sale. The property deed transfer from August 2012 showed that Shanann had signed it while already living in Colorado. Records indicate that she bought the house in 2009.”

Did Shanann Watts's sudden financial success drive a fatal wedge into her marriage with Chris?

You are correct. Foreclosure is a surprisingly lengthy process & often takes years. I’ve dealt with it in my own neighborhood being a Board member of our HOA.

I do not know whether the Watts were able to reaffirm their debt (mortgage) in their filing. In order to keep the house, they would have to be up-to-date on any mortgage payments & not fall behind. Considering at the time of their filing they had less than $1000 in their checking accounts and less than $10 in savings, I’m not sure how they would have reaffirmed a $3000/mo. mortgage payment. That’s not to say that they didn’t, it just seems unlikely in my opinion. MOO

Did financial trouble contribute to presumed murder of pregnant Shannan Watts and two little girls?
That's why I dont what enabled them to file chapter 7 and not chapter 13. Once you file chapter 7, it wipes out all your dept assuming you have whatever assets the bank can take to cover the dept. Obviously they did not use the house. If you can't keep up with the mortgage, your stuck. The home will go into foreclosure. But if you file 13 first, you then can file 7 if you need to. But you can't do it the other way around. Jmo

Seriously?! This couple just filed bankruptcy three years ago! Now, just file again? When does it stop?

Why don't people live within their means?

That's why I dont what enabled them to file chapter 7 and not chapter 13. Once you file chapter 7, it wipes out all your dept assuming you have whatever assets the bank can take to cover the dept. Obviously they did not use the house. If you can't keep up with the mortgage, your stuck. The home will go into foreclosure. But if you file 13 first, you then can file 7 if you need to. But you can't do it the other way around. Jmo

I would not be surprised if the house was going into foreclosure. JMO

The details are a little hazy but I believe that SW's North Carolina home was sold when they first moved out to Colorado. So it would have been several years before the 2015 bankruptcy filing. Jmo.
Ok, so I am still wondering what was liquefied. What other assets did they have? Wouldn't it be in the report? You can't just file, have all your dept paid off, without the bank taking something. Unless there is some other way. I don't understand why they would not use the house to pay it off and then downsize. I think that's what millions of people had to do. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member