GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
To myself, I use some terms when I explain his personality, but suffice to say, he is very odd and as you have mentioned, atypical.

I suspect he suffers from alexythymia, it is the condition when emotions are flattened, not vivid. The desires are there, but he is not connected to own feelings. Yet highly capable people are able to simulate emotional responses, perhaps they learn by lengthy observation and mimicking of others. This could explain Chris choosing Shanann, a very emotionally intuitive woman, for a partner.

Yes his blunted emotions might have explained what happened after he murdered Shanann. There is no horror. What switches on is the logical program, “How do I cover it up?” I do not believe that “once he started, he could not stop”. Rather, he was emotionless enough to walk and drive own kids to the execution place.

I wonder how one can walk a child to the car and not feel, “there is life walking next to me. Trusting me. I can not kill this life”. I am starting to wonder if Chris has full ability to feel the physical presence of another person, or is it also muted? Is he living in some emotional permafrost?

Another thing, his incredible ability to compartmentalize. He found God, they say. Many people do, as God is connected to hope. Chris probably hopes to meet his children in the afterlife. This is all what his religiosity is worth. Yet when he is thinking about the next life, how can he even shed the memories of squeezing these, present, lives out of the kids? And I bet he thinks only about the girls, logically, the thought of future meeting with Nico could drive a true believer mad, yet I bet he crosses Nico out of this equation and out of any life, be it earthly or celestial.

MOO.

Wow. So interesting! Thanks for the post.

I was thinking about this very issue early this morning. We have now seen professionals label him as a narcissistic psychopath, so I trust their expertise. The psychopathic part is easy for me to accept. He is a different kind of narcissist though. Nobody in his past said he was arrogant or belittling of others. The murders are definitely self-centered. An affair is always narcissistic. The blaming others for what he did is narcissistic. So I do understand those parts of his narcissism. But he is kind of a hidden narcissist, like you said, until he struck, which of course was very dangerous. I was unfortunately attached to a narcissist (and I feel psychopath) closely for almost 10 years, still have to have contact with this person at times, but that person was the more classic openly arrogant, belittling others type.
He was closer to a covert Narc, imo, an introverted narcissistic ...Here's a good article desribing those traits.
What Is an Inverted Narcissist and 7 Traits That Describe Their Behavior
"Below, there are some traits that explain the behaviour of an inverted narcissist:
  • has major difficulties in making decisions on everyday issues and if s/he does not receive any advice and encouragement from others, may experience episodes of anxiety.
  • s/he needs others to take responsibility for most of the important aspects of life.
  • has difficulty expressing their disagreement with others due to the fear of losing the support and approval (not to mention the fear of punishment).
  • he or she has difficulty in starting their own projects independently or in planning their own activities. This happens due to a lack of confidence in their abilities, not because of a lack of motivation or energy.
  • excessive efforts to get support and protection from others, even going to the point where they volunteer for unpleasant activities.
  • s/he feels uncomfortable or helpless when alone, because of the exaggerated fear that s/he is incapable of taking care of her/himself.
  • as soon as s/he ends a relationship, s/he seeks to establish another relationship that could provide support and protection."
There's a lot more info at the link. Not every single trait fits CW but it's close.

But he was enraged, imo. Probably most of the time. In the video where S surprises him with the fact that she is pregnant again...he knows full well this intimate moment is likely being filmed for social media, so he recovers quickly, and acts the part of "happy man" , but you can see his jaw muscles working, clenching and un-clenching... for one example. I do believe he was simmering the whole time.

I'll have to go back and watch again but I thought he genuinely looked happy. If he wasn't he sure was a good actor. Scary stuff

I'll have to go back and watch again but I thought he genuinely looked happy. If he wasn't he sure was a good actor. Scary stuff
Yeah, toward the end of that video he had completely recovered, mask dropped firmly in place, but I am always surprised when I hear people say he looked thrilled. He looked shocked as chit to me. I even held MY breath when I saw that one. ( that's not how I would want to find out news like that either though, so there's that.)

Although I believed that the girls were killed at CERVI, I couldn't come to a conclusion about that shadow stuff, but I feel the same way. If Rourke believes it, that's good enough for me. :)
MOO
Months ago, I was seeing the shadows that were pointed out by a YouTuber. But I wondered if the shadow could have been from NK handing one of the girls off to him. He was running out of time. From the dog hitting on the area under one of the girl's beds, I think Bella saw far more than any child should. She then ran to the bedroom and tried to hide. I still think he murdered them at the house.

Brilliant post.

Agree w/the alexythymia condition, it makes sense. It dovetails with the narc/sociopathic traits etc.
From what I understand from reading about it, alexythymia has been shown to be the result of emotional abuse and neglect during childhood.

Ma Watts seemed to squelch any sense of self out of CW as he grew up (as well as in his adulthood). Controlling narc, gaslights feelings, self-righteous, along with this creepy Oedipus vibe w/her ChrissyPoo, hence the hatred of Shannan from the beginning.

Pa Watts appears to avoid, suppress, ignore any true feelings and emotions in their family unit, including his. We see that during the first confession and CW IIRC describes this trait of his dads during this second interview. And during that awful first interview w/him and Cindy.

No doubt Ma & Pa were raised in families with similar styles of parenting.

Back to Chris, we will never know because it's not measurable, but it would be helpful to understand about future FA cases, how much of his condition was nature vs. nurture. Was it 80% environment and 20% the personality with which he was born. Or was it 50/50? Or 100/0? For instance the second Chris was born if he was handed to a mentally healthy set of parents to raise, would he have turned out the same way? I tend to think he would have turned out to be a more "normal", mentally healthy adult. It seems very apple, tree. Which is why those ex-MRS purple podcasters were/are so scary too in their gleeful, rabid support of Cindy & Ronnie Watts.

MOO.

To myself, I use some terms when I explain his personality, but suffice to say, he is very odd and as you have mentioned, atypical.

I suspect he suffers from alexythymia, it is the condition when emotions are flattened, not vivid. The desires are there, but he is not connected to own feelings. Yet highly capable people are able to simulate emotional responses, perhaps they learn by lengthy observation and mimicking of others. This could explain Chris choosing Shanann, a very emotionally intuitive woman, for a partner.

Yes his blunted emotions might have explained what happened after he murdered Shanann. There is no horror. What switches on is the logical program, “How do I cover it up?” I do not believe that “once he started, he could not stop”. Rather, he was emotionless enough to walk and drive own kids to the execution place.

I wonder how one can walk a child to the car and not feel, “there is life walking next to me. Trusting me. I can not kill this life”. I am starting to wonder if Chris has full ability to feel the physical presence of another person, or is it also muted? Is he living in some emotional permafrost?

Another thing, his incredible ability to compartmentalize. He found God, they say. Many people do, as God is connected to hope. Chris probably hopes to meet his children in the afterlife. This is all what his religiosity is worth. Yet when he is thinking about the next life, how can he even shed the memories of squeezing these, present, lives out of the kids? And I bet he thinks only about the girls, logically, the thought of future meeting with Nico could drive a true believer mad, yet I bet he crosses Nico out of this equation and out of any life, be it earthly or celestial.

MOO.

Months ago, I was seeing the shadows that were pointed out by a YouTuber. But I wondered if the shadow could have been from NK handing one of the girls off to him. He was running out of time. From the dog hitting on the area under one of the girl's beds, I think Bella saw far more than any child should. She then ran to the bedroom and tried to hide. I still think he murdered them at the house.

very interesting. So sad you can see Chris walking so straight and with purpose. One would never think he had just murdered his wife and put her in the truck. He's diabolical

Because of where the dog hit under Bella's bed in the exact spot a child would climb under, I wondered if Bella saw what daddy was doing to mommy in their bedroom, ran back into her bedroom and hid under her bed. Then CW knew he had to do damage control and knowing just how to play Bella, found her there but instead of murdering her there, coaxed her out by saying he's going to take mommy to the hospital and she needed to come out and be a good girl, stand quietly with her sister in the garage or just inside the garage and then they'd go with him and mommy to get her help at the hospital, etc.

Maybe that's also why the dogs hit at the bottom of the stairs in the basement. Didn't those stairs lead up next to the garage door? Maybe he either had them wait there, or maybe Bella or CeCe had ran down there during that point too. I can totally picture CW cajoling those sweet girls to "behave" and "be quiet" because mommy "needed" them to, etc.

I'll bet his full scale IQ was not 130. Maybe his performance IQ was high, and that's what he's reporting. His verbal was probably average or below. When you have a big gap in performance and verbal, you view the full scale with caution.
JMO

Ha! Apparently he took several IQ tests in prison.

My guess is that he traded some Twinkies for an inflated score.

I think each Twinkie is probably worth about 10 points.

That, or he really ain’t as dumb as he looks.

He said he put her ring on the bedside table to claim she left him and took the kids. How would he explain she didn't take her purse and car with car seats for the kids?
Good point. I don't think he though that out very well. I have always thought he grabbed that ring out of his truck when he first pulled up, (if they searched his truck he didn't want that in there!), and then he needed to get it out of his possession altogether, but he didn't have a lot of time to think it through, the cops were there. Seemed like he just wanted to prove he didn't have the ring on him/in his vehicle, that would look bad!

Yeah, toward the end of that video he had completely recovered, mask dropped firmly in place, but I am always surprised when I hear people say he looked thrilled. He looked shocked as chit to me. I even held MY breath when I saw that one. ( that's not how I would want to find out news like that either though, so there's that.)
Did anyone ever watch that video when he found out about Shanann pregnant with Cece? He seemed like a different person in it and actually looked like he had real emotion with the news, although still reserved.

Did anyone ever watch that video when he found out about Shanann pregnant with Cece? He seemed like a different person in it and actually looked like he had real emotion with the news, although still reserved.
I have not seen that. Thanks! I'll check it out.

Notice also in this last one, even S seems to notice his lack of enthusiasm. ( to put it mildly! When he says "W.O.W! at the very end, it is way more, "wow I am so screwed!" than wow that's great!".)
When she says, "It's just a test" her voice showed major disappointment. She was not happy with his performance for sure! IMO.

Another vicious rumor (CW was not Nico's father) spread by the CW fan club will be dispelled on Monday's Dr. Phil show. In this article, there's a video entitled, "Shanann Watts' family reacts to Chris' murder confession" and it is made clear that a medical report exists that CW was the father of Nico.
Shanann Watts' parents react to Chris Watts finally admitting what happened | Daily Mail Online

I find it appalling that the people who spent months spewing hatred and ignorant, vicious lies about Shanann all over the internet are suddenly silent. Where are the apologies for all of the disgusting accusations that MRS and other CW apologists made in furtherance of the Rzucek's already unimaginable pain? Now is the time for you to stand up and act like decent human beings, a$$holes!

MOO

I agree! The night before the Dr. Phil episode, there were a few people in the Facebook group who posted how ashamed they were for believing CW was innocent of the kids, and apologizing to SW. I saw one post where a member respectfully asked Kay (group and pod owner) how she felt, having been so anti-SW. Kay responded something along the lines of, "I don't know what you're talking about, I've never been anti-anyone." On a hunch, after I saw that, I did a search and I'm fairly confident Kay had quickly deleted every post she ever made that was significantly derogatory toward SW.

Instead of apologizing, these people say, "well, I stand by what I said about what kind of person SW was."

...What i found most interesting was his talk of NK. He said she let him be himself (paraphrasing), but i dont believe she did. She allowed him to think that by cleverly choosing interests he had to go on dates to. She was pulling his strings very cleverly.

I have always believed she was far from truthful and now I am certain. She made their relationship out to be casual and in the early stages. He says he stayed over in her place every night Shanann was away. She said she would like to give him a son, the one thing she thought Shanann could not do/had not done. No wonder he did not want the gender reveal to go ahead. I have never had a discussion like that with a boyfriend of mere weeks in all my life.

I think she is far more significant in this than we will ever know, she was clever and coniving and once she set her sights on him he had no chance. What she wants she gets and tough luck on anybody who gets in her way...
I see NK the exact same way that you do. I think that this was a game to her, and she was determined to "win." She researched SW and even tried her best to feminize her looks to look similar. SW was a natural beauty. NK is not.

So, NK compensated with doing anything and everything in a sexual way to draw him in. She is like a black widow spider, IMO.

CW may have thought that he was in charge; however, it is clear as day that she was the one pulling the strings and manipulating him. I personally think that she would have been fine with him completely cutting the kids out of his life. I believe that she is that self-centered and selfish. I do not see her as a victim, as she is desperately trying to portray herself.

...His mother and sister should take a long hard look at themselves also and consider what role they had to play in what eventually happened...
There is little doubt that CW comes from a very dysfunctional family. His mother was blaming SW after she was murdered. How pathetic is that?

The father wants people to believe that SW murdered the children. He said that he didn't see any reason for the investigators to reinterview his so. I guess that he didn't. He doesn't want the truth to be known.

CW's mother and sister hated SW from the beginning and ruined her bridal shower and wedding. Why? Why on earth would you do this? Both were jealous of SW for different reasons. SW was no pushover, and his mother resented that. CW had been a pushover his entire life. SW wouldn't cowtow to her.

The sister was jealous of SW's accomplishments and her beauty. Plain and simple. SW never had a chance. She knew, if the marriage were going to have a chance, they would have to move far away.

Instead of having the insight to see the manipulation from his own family, he resented SW for taking him away from them and causing the rift. IMO, he used this as part of his rationalization for killing all of them.

I believe everything that SW told CW that his mother was doing to the kids. Of course, they played the victim and acted like SW was overreacting. Of course, Mr. Wimpy couldn't even stand up for his own family. Very sad, indeed.

The biggest mistake for SW was to think that she could "change" CW and create a happy life if they were far away from the hostility. I'm so sad that this union ended in murder and not divorce.

This is my opinion; however, I think that his family's hate for SW and their lack of true love for the grandchildren override any sadness for the victims. I think that they all think that SW drove their loving son and brother to do what he did.

Very tragic situation for SW's family. I really don't think that his family has the insight to look at where they went wrong. In fact, CW says that he now talks to his family all of the time; you know, now that SW has no say...

He said he put her ring on the bedside table to claim she left him and took the kids. How would he explain she didn't take her purse and car with car seats for the kids?
This, and how would be credible his say regarding didn’t know where Shannan and the girls supposedly went, when he was the one to pull them out of day care/school? Dude is mean and double stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa