GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped by me.
No, you aren't the only one struggling with his latest version.
IIRC he said that Bella and CeCe were taking turns resting on each others laps.
They must have been terrified and trying to comfort each other.
I seriously doubt they were buckled up or in their car seats.
He didn't care since he was going to murder them anyway.
His babies meant nothing to him.
Shanann's babies meant everything to her.
I agree with you, and I am sorry to say this, but I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't in the floor board clinging to their dead mother, crying for her to wake up.

Oh my, the trustee’s sale of 2825 Saratoga Trail has been rescheduled for July 17, 2019.

Does anyone have any ideas about this change? Does it have anything to do with the wrongful death suit filed by the Rzuceks?

Not sure what you are disagreeing with. I stated what has been stated in this case. When LE got to the Watts' home, they told CW to check their bank account. CW said he didn't have the password and that Shanann paid all the bills.

CW also stated that Shanann handled the finances because he sold a car for less than what they owed on it. That's apparently why Shanann handled the finances.

Another thing - when Shanann was in NC, NUA picked up the mail. CW was home for all but one of those weeks. When Shanann returned from NC, she posted on FB that she had just gone through weeks of mail.

He didn't act or sound like he was angry that she handled everything. He said it in a matter of fact way, like he was ok with it.
JMO but I think everything was ok between them uu

I think everything was ok between them until he thought he found something better. His parents thought because she was a take charge person she was demeaning to him and told him this but I don't think he ever felt belittled. He only went to his parents viewpoint after he found NK. He had plenty of sympathy from his parents when he told them he was leaving SW
On one of shannans videos she talked about CW just loving his job at Anadarko and one of the reasons was that he felt respected and she felt that was important. I wonder now if he had a job in the past where he didn't feel respected or if that's why he left his job in NC
I think she was blindsided by the change in him and wanted to work it out. Her friend NUA released a speech SW was going to give CW about meeting her halfway on things. That what she was going thru wasn't good for her or the baby. So sad

I can’t believe CW’s work truck is actually available for sale. It should be kept in police custody or destroyed. Who would want to buy a truck with that history?
That is unbelievable! Unless of course, his family are behind the deal.

I’d think you’d need to be pretty well rested to be able to strangle your wife to death, load her body, and your kids into a truck, drive 45 minutes, dig a grave and bury her, then turn around and murder your kids, carry them up and down the stairs twice, then drive another 45 minutes to clean up lose ends and get ready to go to work!
I think adrenaline explains how he managed what he did.

Interesting conversation possibly about having leverage with a death penalty.

Years ago, investigators did not think they would ever be able to make somebody confess unless they coerced them, made them so tired or perhaps even did stuff like on the TV show Chicago PD. If you know what I mean.

Perhaps law enforcement and the FBI are very interested in him as to how this interview with him work so perfectly to have him confess. I must say, it has made me look into other websites that analyzes confessions of perpetrators and murderers. I think one was listed above, but I don't think we're allowed to relist it again, but it was very interesting to subscribe to that YouTube and to see other confessions and how they do such and it being analyzed.

Usually, with murders and crimes, I prefer information versus analysis by the Talking Heads.

But I did find these YouTube videos very insightful as far as how investigators have changed their ways since the old days of what now is illegal investigative techniques.

I bet the old folks thought this could never be done, but Tammy with a striped sweater like mine did such a great job!

Is there a thread here that is focused on confessions of criminals and Analysis? I know we have a thread for podcast for criminal stuff, so I thought perhaps there was one for confessions and Criminal analysis.
I don't want to split hairs, but if you're talking about the interview before his arrest, he did not confess to murder (1). He confessed to killing SW in a rage, which I think is a lower degree of murder.

I agree with you, and I am sorry to say this, but I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't in the floor board clinging to their dead mother, crying for her to wake up.
I agree. The girls were much closer to their mother then their father...perhaps children can sense evil more easily then adults. I’d venture to say they would have been hysterical in that truck. Mommy isn’t talking to them and is laying on the floor, not moving. It’s dark outside, in their PJ’s, no shoes and they’re cold, scared and confused.
They may have even gotten physically sick from the trauma and fear.
I pray they didn’t try to “wake her up” and uncovered her face. And Daddy’s probably screaming at them the whole time to shut up.
Question: Why do you think he didn’t kill the girls at home? Why would he bring them along alive just to kill them at the tank site?

He didn't mention that distinction. He (according to himself) glommed onto Tammy suggesting that he killed only SW just minutes before in the interrogation, and did not have counsel available to say "Hey, yeah, go for 2nd degree or manslaughter"

IMO admitting he killed the children was a bridge too far into pure evil and he was reflexively suppressing it.

Last edited:
I agree. The girls were much closer to their mother then their father...perhaps children can sense evil more easily then adults. I’d venture to say they would have been hysterical in that truck. Mommy isn’t talking to them and is laying on the floor, not moving. It’s dark outside, in their PJ’s, no shoes and they’re cold, scared and confused.
They may have even gotten physically sick from the trauma and fear.
I pray they didn’t try to “wake her up” and uncovered her face. And Daddy’s probably screaming at them the whole time to shut up.
Question: Why do you think he didn’t kill the girls at home? Why would he bring them along alive just to kill them at the tank site?
That whole part of his confession was way too vague. The transcript released by CBI was pathetically misleading, as it left out leading questions by CBI/FBI. The transcript listed his statements as though they came spontaneously from him.
Much of what he said was to please the interrogators, IMO.
The girls were lying on each others laps? While in seat belts? The 3 back seat belts in my much smaller Toyota pickup are way too far apart for tiny children to lie over one another, in each others "laps". I doubt there are even 3 seat belts in that huge pickup, because normally ppl aren't sitting back there. Anyone happen to know if that model of truck has 2 or 3 seat belts in the jump seat? Here's a cyber bet that IF IF IF they were actually in seat belts it would be the belts on each side of the truck installed as partially a chest strap meeting the lap strap, whereas if there is a middle belt it's just a lap belt. Another thing: I seldom have ppl in my back seat, and the middle seat belt and the lap part of the side belts are often stuck way down below the seat where it would take a few minutes to free them.

I think he mentioned seat belts only because that would be politically correct in his dementia. Oh sure, I put my babies in seat belts then slaughtered them without mercy an hour later.

There's a lot more, but hey I already feel my bp rising.

Last edited:
I just find it implausible that Bella sat quietly contained while he disposed of her mother's body, then killed her sister and disposed of her body. Somewhere in the simple story he told and its seeming simple sequence is the real story he's not telling. He's a liar. He will never give up the whole truth, and while no one in law enforcement is disputing his version, and there was a shadow in the video, I just think this did not go down as he says. It would be interesting to know what evidence they really have from the scene or truck to point to the truth of the tale he's telling. Or not.

2 Seat belts. One on each side. by doors. IMO The photo of backseat doesn't gel with his story. Again.
Thanks Nanwv, there is no way they could even touch each other with their tiny arms if they were in door-mounted seat belts.

I just find it implausible that Bella sat quietly contained while he disposed of her mother's body, then killed her sister and disposed of her body. Somewhere in the simple story he told and its seeming simple sequence is the real story he's not telling. He's a liar. He will never give up the whole truth, and while no one in law enforcement is disputing his version, and there was a shadow in the video, I just think this did not go down as he says. It would be interesting to know what evidence they really have from the scene or truck to point to the truth of the tale he's telling. Or not.
I think the murders of the kids were much more violent. He makes it sound like he sent them to la la land, covering them kindly first with a soft blanket. Violent meaning pushing their heads harshly, as they would instinctively shake their heads and bodies to get air. I'm not disbelieving that he killed them at the crude oil tanks, just that I think they were probably killed nearly at once, and he made one trip up the tank stairs. Sites are quoting that he said he killed Cece, walked way over to the tanks (he was parked over by the well head, across the parking lot) and Bella sat there placidly waiting for him to get back. I don't recall his saying that he took Cece up to the tank before he killed Bella. I think he said "Cece was first". The sun was up then, it wasn't dark and scary outside. Anyway I think he said Bella undid her seatbelt, when in her life would she have been exposed to that sort of seat belt? In the car seats? So I think they were killed instantly when he got there, and taken to the tanks. I don't believe he would have dragged out poor dead SW in front of the kids, while their feet were probably right on her.

Last edited:
I don't want to split hairs, but if you're talking about the interview before his arrest, he did not confess to murder (1). He confessed to killing SW in a rage, which I think is a lower degree of murder.

Exactly my point, and I was not clear. They get the perpetrator to admit to a lower charge, find out information, and then are able to up the charge. Thank you for pointing out that, I was not clear on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa