GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
why would they be behind the deal? It was owned by Anadarko

Yes, the truck was owned by Anadarko and I assume they put it on the salvage/auction site for sale. Personally, I think it should be sent straight to salvage and destroyed. I know it doesn’t make “business” sense, but I would just take it as a loss and claim it on business taxes...

Yes, the truck was owned by Anadarko and I assume they put it on the salvage/auction site for sale. Personally, I think it should be sent straight to salvage and destroyed. I know it doesn’t make “business” sense, but I would just take it as a loss and claim it on business taxes...
Value of that truck = drop in the bucket in the assets of that or any other large corp.

I think he mentioned seat belts only because that would be politically correct in his dementia. Oh sure, I put my babies in seat belts then slaughtered them without mercy an hour later.

There's a lot more, but hey I already feel my bp rising.

Sort of like the BTK killer claiming he put a pillow under the head of a man he would end up suffocating because he was recovering from a car accident.

Yup. For some people, hate takes precedence over evidence and reason.

In this case, it was a strong dislike of Shanann, an attraction to CW, or a mix of both.

People wanted to believe a certain thing, and manipulated evidence, ignored facts, and built a ridiculous narrative around what they wanted to believe.

That’s all fine and well, until you take to the internet and viciously attack a victim and her family.

These people are sick.

This case kinda broke me in a sense with all of the hate and vitriol that was directed at Shanann... it was so horrible.

Of course it turned out that the truth is he is a monster. That the truth is he murdered her and her 3 precious babies Bella, CeCe, Nico, more horrifically than I could have imagined and dumped them in dirt and oil like a cold blooded narcissistic sociopath.

Of course it turned out that those oh so scrutinized videos of Shanann were just exactly what they appeared to be.... a loving, protective, supportive, loyal, inspiring, trusting mamma, wife, and friend.

I couldn't really participate here too much after that case. It was my first one here, and left me kinda jaded and heartbroken about how she was treated by some.

I checked back in to see about a case happening in my state of IN and saw this thread. Just popped into to say #shinelikeshanann
jmo

I think he practiced suffocation on that doll including putting that blanket over it etc. It is extra sick that he sent SW the pic. Perhaps he was practicing but hadn't yet had the nerve to do it so he tested human response with sending her the pic. I don't believe he figured out how to kill that night - he practiced.

That whole part of his confession was way too vague. The transcript released by CBI was pathetically misleading, as it left out leading questions by CBI/FBI. The transcript listed his statements as though they came spontaneously from him.
Much of what he said was to please the interrogators, IMO.
The girls were lying on each others laps? While in seat belts? The 3 back seat belts in my much smaller Toyota pickup are way too far apart for tiny children to lie over one another, in each others "laps". I doubt there are even 3 seat belts in that huge pickup, because normally ppl aren't sitting back there. Anyone happen to know if that model of truck has 2 or 3 seat belts in the jump seat? Here's a cyber bet that IF IF IF they were actually in seat belts it would be the belts on each side of the truck installed as partially a chest strap meeting the lap strap, whereas if there is a middle belt it's just a lap belt. Another thing: I seldom have ppl in my back seat, and the middle seat belt and the lap part of the side belts are often stuck way down below the seat where it would take a few minutes to free them.

I think he mentioned seat belts only because that would be politically correct in his dementia. Oh sure, I put my babies in seat belts then slaughtered them without mercy an hour later.

There's a lot more, but hey I already feel my bp rising.
First, I’d like to say how much I appreciate everyone’s input and sharing their thoughts about this horrendous story. This case has been particularly hard to simply log off and forget. I swear, sometimes I find myself driving and thinking about Bella and Celeste, whose lives and futures were so viciously taken away from them, before they even began. And Shanann, vibrant, beautiful, smart, hard working, devoted to her family and friends, fun, loving, giving and forgiving, a real power house who would have made a great life for her family. Anyway, it’s so nice to be able to come on here and share all of these feelings with you. Thank you.

Absolutely. To think that the truck that those little girls, allegedly, rode in to their deaths is out there on the road is just disgusting. OMG!

I think the murders of the kids were much more violent. He makes it sound like he sent them to la la land, covering them kindly first with a soft blanket. Violent meaning pushing their heads harshly, as they would instinctively shake their heads and bodies to get air. I'm not disbelieving that he killed them at the crude oil tanks, just that I think they were probably killed nearly at once, and he made one trip up the tank stairs. Sites are quoting that he said he killed Cece, walked way over to the tanks (he was parked over by the well head, across the parking lot) and Bella sat there placidly waiting for him to get back. I don't recall his saying that he took Cece up to the tank before he killed Bella. I think he said "Cece was first". The sun was up then, it wasn't dark and scary outside. Anyway I think he said Bella undid her seatbelt, when in her life would she have been exposed to that sort of seat belt? In the car seats? So I think they were killed instantly when he got there, and taken to the tanks. I don't believe he would have dragged out poor dead SW in front of the kids, while their feet were probably right on her.

I so agree with you. Anyone would fight for their life.

It’s all about him, in his sick mind. God, how I wish they didn’t take his guilty plea! This animal should be off the face of the Earth now!!!
The Rzucek family indicated that they would rejected the plea, had then been privy to all the details at the time.

I think this would have been a mistake.

The trial would be two years away, would be followed by decades of appeals, and would end in the same result.

No death penalty.

It would have merely been symbolic, and likely would have increased the pain and suffering of Shanann’s family.

Within the next couple years, I fully expect all (three) Colorado death sentences to be commuted to life in prison.

CW would have never been put to death regardless.

Last edited:
I so agree with you. Anyone would fight for their life.
The Rzucek family indicated that they would rejected the plea, had then been privy to all the details at the time.

The trial would be two years away, would be followed by decades of appeals, and would end in the same result.

No death penalty.

It would have merely been symbolic, and likely would have increased the pain and suffering of Shanann’s family.

Within the next couple years, I fully expect all (three) death sentences to be commuted to life in prison.

You’re right. As much as I want him gone into the fires of Hell now for what he’s done, he’ll get there eventually.
I just hate the fact that he seems to be adjusting just fine to his new life in prison. I only hope his narcissism isn’t fed by future books and movies and interviews. He should be forgotten and locked away with no “celebrity status”.

Ha! Let’s entertain the insanity of these people for a second.

Let’s say that in some alternate universe, CW was verbally abused by Shanann.

What then, is these people’s justification for the unmitigated horror that his children experienced at his hand?

How exactly does one gloss over the unimaginable terror that Bella felt, when CW smothered her sister beside her, dropped her in to an oil tank, and basically said to Bella “you’re next?”

You know, I assume they did not fit each other, or maybe she was controlling his money, his time...it is all possible. Humans.

However, if CW was not happy after the first kid, he should have just turned and left SW. If he was not happy after the second one, it was still an option. But why have the third one (to cement a marriage? I understand it was his recipe to fix an unhappy marriage), and then kill a pregnant woman and two young children? In what universe is this a plausible way to deal with the family?

There are many people who'd say, "I an unhappy in the marriage. I made a mistake. But for the kids, I stay". Likewise, there are some who'd say, "I am done with you". But to create a family and then destroy it.. is still unthinkable.

I think people in jail who were advising him on suicide could be serious. Because you may be a criminal, a drug dealer, and still have a certain moral code, the sense of shame. So maybe there guys could not imagine how he had no shame to stay alive?

You’re right. As much as I want him gone into the fires of Hell now for what he’s done, he’ll get there eventually.
I just hate the fact that he seems to be adjusting just fine to his new life in prison. I only hope his narcissism isn’t fed by future books and movies and interviews. He should be forgotten and locked away with no “celebrity status”.
Sooner or later 23 hours in his cell will get to him. He is a loner. He'll lose any human connections.

No death penalty.

Within the next couple years, I fully expect all (three) death sentences to be commuted to life in prison.

Thank you.

He probably was so busy planning their deaths and how he was going to get away with it he couldn't sleep. He was motivated by greed plain and simple. JMO

I think he was also motivated by his new "buff" ego and narcissism. He could finally "put SW in her place" by annihilating her and those she loved most -- her children. I think he subconsciously hated feeling inferior to her and I think he got little dopamine bursts of pleasure in his brain when he planned his killing of her in her safe space - the loving home she'd worked so hard to create.

Most of us have experienced excitement that kept us awake. For normal people, its waiting for Christmas, or an internet order from Barney's or (in the case of guys) the hardware store.

For killers like CW and PF, the excitement that prevents sleep comes from plotting and planning the murder of their helpless spouse/girlfriend/mother of their child. They are sick, evil humans who hide in plain sight and I believe they commit murder because its in their nature. If it had not been SW or KB, it would have been another woman.

moo and jmho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members