CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting family dynamics. And makes more sense about the evident dysfunctional relationship between them when Shanann was alive. And why CW's mama continues to blame the victims for CW's incarceration.

BTW, tonight at 7:00 MDT, on Facebook is the CW and family special.

"Featuring Colorado Killer Chris Watts, His Parents Cindy & Ronnie Watts and Sister, Jamie Lyn Williams, who - until now - managed to remain the MOST SECRETIVE and SILENT FIGURE in terms of the two families sucked into this case thus far. Presented in Association With BADMins."

I will take one for the team and see if I can watch a few minutes.
Thanks! I want to know what’s said but if I hear those wretched people say it I’ll have a conniption fit.

Thanks! I want to know what’s said but if I hear those wretched people say it I’ll have a conniption fit.
I am now on thread #3 - its really awful. I stayed away from this one and now I remember why. sigh.

I see many of our sleuthers who have stayed on her thread all this time - still - I admire all of you.
IMO

BBL

I am now on thread #3 - its really awful. I stayed away from this one and now I remember why. sigh.

I see many of our sleuthers who have stayed on her thread all this time - still - I admire all of you.
IMO

BBL
Yeah. I've been here since day 1 or so. It's been a tough case to accept what happened. Or even believe it. I still can't wrap my brain around it. Very very upsetting.
But I think most of us knew pretty early on that CW had murdered his wife and all of their children.
Man, I know some mates murder their spouse but their own children? How does a person do that??????

I agree. CW would have come home from work, and probably gathered Shanann's items, cell phone, girls blankets, toys, purse, and driven her car somewhere, drive it down a gully, canyon, and have his GF pick him up. He would have said she must have left? At least it would have bought him more time.
I have been trying to figure out how he would be able to move her car without being seen on neighbours camera. It was in the garage, so that would help...but would he have been visible and would it have been obvious the girls were not in their car seats?

I have been trying to figure out how he would be able to move her car without being seen on neighbours camera. It was in the garage, so that would help...but would he have been visible and would it have been obvious the girls were not in their car seats?

I don't think that he realized that his neighbor's camera would capture everything going on in CW's driveway.

I don't think any of us realize how many of our movements are documented someplace digital footprint or video. It is the same as another case, the stepmother was caught, clearly lying, by reviewing the neighbors video.

I asked awhile back if anyone knew if the windows were tinted, that could have hidden him, or a different driver, for the short time it would take to get out of the driveway and use the door thing to shut the door. I wonder if there was another plan until something was discussed/dismissed/denied/promised/threatened on the 111 minute call the night before.

Right? But how does one go from maybe being a bit aloof to deal with the family dynamics to murder?
Maybe CW was in a lot of conflict all along but then he found someone that really rocked his world and thought his family might approve. A complete redo.
I might be thinking too far tho.
It might have totally just had to do with finding someone that really rocked his world and his family just ceased to matter and only be thorns in his side. He figured out a solution.
What a weirdo!
jmo
Right? But how does one go from maybe being a bit aloof to deal with the family dynamics to murder?
Maybe CW was in a lot of conflict all along but then he found someone that really rocked his world and thought his family might approve. A complete redo.
I might be thinking too far tho.
It might have totally just had to do with finding someone that really rocked his world and his family just ceased to matter and only be thorns in his side. He figured out a solution.
What a weirdo!
jmo
“Aloof” doesn’t begin to describe Mama and Sis Watts’ approach to Shan’ann. On top of refusing to attend the wedding let’s remember:

o. Sister offered to send out the invitations for SW’s shower but didn’t, so almost no-showed up.

o. Sister also told CW to write a letter saying if anything happened to him Shan’ann did it.

o. Nutgate was real.

o Shann’ann reacted appropriately to Nutgate. If Mommy-in-law knowingly puts your child’s life in danger just to prove a point, it’s not overreacting to remove the child from a dangerous situation. However, Cindy used the reaction to drive a wedge between CW and Shann’ann. Refused to come to a planned birthday celebration because of it, even though opportunities to see her son and grandchildren were few and far between. She made it clear CW was going to have to choose between her or SW.

o. By all accounts Shan’ann’s relationship w/Daddy Watts had been quite good—until Nutgate. He told CW he really wanted to attend the Birthday celebration but just couldn’t because of Mama’s bad relationship w/SW. Making it clear Mama’s “it’s her or me” ultimatum was “it’s her or us”.

Watts had taken the girls to a birthday party on the afternoon of Sunday, August 12, and while Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3, played in the pool their father started texting co-worker Kodi Roberts.

View attachment 268799
Last known photo of Bella and Celestial alive.

At 5.06pm that evening, Watts set in motion his plan for disposing of his wife and daughters' bodies, as he texted Roberts that he would be making the drive out to one of the more distant oil fields that was managed by his company, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation.

It is also where the bodies of Shanann, Bella and Celeste were discovered just days after they went missing.
Chris Watts' wife filled home with photos including one of murderer kissing her pregnant stomach | Daily Mail Online

This picture haunts me. To think that he is acting like a good dad at some party while he knows full well, his family will all be dead within a few hours. I look at him and wish something would click and suddenly it would make sense....but that is just ridiculous because his mind is clearly outside the realm of "normal". This will never make any sort of sense.

I don't think that he realized that his neighbor's camera would capture everything going on in CW's driveway.

I don't think any of us realize how many of our movements are documented someplace digital footprint or video. It is the same as another case, the stepmother was caught, clearly lying, by reviewing the neighbors video.
yes, I agree that he didn't know how much his neighbours camera picked up. So I was wondering if he would have been caught anyway, eventually, even if her friend hadn't been so quick to call LE.

He would have had to get rid of her car and purse, etc, and in doing so, he would have been on camera.

Last edited:
View attachment 268800

Shan’ann is happily clowning, guests are laughing and enjoying the wedding.
Except Chris.
There’s something off about this bloke....could he be on a spectrum.

Everybody with ASD is different. But everybody with ASD has elements of three things in common. They:
  • have difficulties relating to people – for example, they don’t like making eye contact, or find it hard to understand body language, or don’t easily understand other people’s emotions, or avoid physical contact
  • have areas of intense interest – such as a certain colour, or aeroplanes, or numbers
  • have repetitive behaviours – such as rocking, or twitching, or repeating certain words or phrases.
MOO.
I think he is observing how he is "supposed to act". People like him a imposters. They take on the actions and behaviors of what they see and then try to imitate them to appear "normal".

MOO.
I think he is observing how he is "supposed to act". People like him a imposters. They take on the actions and behaviors of what they see and then try to imitate them to appear "normal".

I remember in one of her work videos, she points to her husband 'playing' with the girls in the background. The girls are sitting on the floor, at the bottom of the stairs, laughing and playing with some marbles and jacks or something small like that....and he is sitting there alongside them, but not engaging with them at all. He was sitting still, like a statue, with a blank look on his face.

It really stood out to me because I spend a lot of time at my son's house, watching him with my 5 yr old granddaughter. He totally engages with her when they play. Like most loving parents do!

I got weird vibes about CW when I saw that video.

Okay, it started, Mama Watts was talking to CW, and it was very disturbing. Comments on FB were smack on. Mama Watts sounded almost seductive to CW. Creepy! I listened for a bit, and couldn't deal with the platitudes and support for a monster who killed his family.

Apparently, it is just almost like a "Stream of Consciousness". CW talking to his family before the sentencing. They talk about sports, the weather, what restaurants to eat at, on and on, endless, mind numbing chit chat about nothing. Definitely not the GIANT PINK ELEPHANT that CW is going to plead guilty to killing his wife and children.

They talk about CW's skin care, and hair care, how nice it is that he can purchase items from the commissary for his comfort.

I couldn't take any more.

Last edited:
Okay, it started, Mama Watts was talking to CW, and it was very disturbing. Comments on FB were smack on. Mama Watts sounded almost seductive to CW. Creepy! I listened for a bit, and couldn't deal with the platitudes and support for a monster who killed his family.

Apparently, it is just almost like a "Stream of Consciousness". CW talking to his family before the sentencing. They talk about sports, the weather, what restaurants to eat at, on and on, endless, mind numbing chit chat about nothing. Definitely not the GIANT PINK ELEPHANT that CW is going to plead guilty to killing his wife and children.

They talk about CW's skin care, and hair care, how nice it is that he can purchase items from the commissary for his comfort.

I think it's the same tape that's been on YT for a few months, but before it was just available audio. Did Cindy mention that she did not approve of what the victims' advocate said in court?
Was it definitely before the sentencing?

I think it's the same tape that's been on YT for a few months, but before it was just available audio. Did Cindy mention that she did not approve of what the victims' advocate said in court?
Was it definitely before the sentencing?

We haven't been to that part yet. CW shuts her down when she says anything about anything relevant.

“Aloof” doesn’t begin to describe Mama and Sis Watts’ approach to Shan’ann. On top of refusing to attend the wedding let’s remember:

o. Sister offered to send out the invitations for SW’s shower but didn’t, so almost no-showed up.

o. Sister also told CW to write a letter saying if anything happened to him Shan’ann did it.

o. Nutgate was real.

o Shann’ann reacted appropriately to Nutgate. If Mommy-in-law knowingly puts your child’s life in danger just to prove a point, it’s not overreacting to remove the child from a dangerous situation. However, Cindy used the reaction to drive a wedge between CW and Shann’ann. Refused to come to a planned birthday celebration because of it, even though opportunities to see her son and grandchildren were few and far between. She made it clear CW was going to have to choose between her or SW.

o. By all accounts Shan’ann’s relationship w/Daddy Watts had been quite good—until Nutgate. He told CW he really wanted to attend the Birthday celebration but just couldn’t because of Mama’s bad relationship w/SW. Making it clear Mama’s “it’s her or me” ultimatum was “it’s her or us”.
What annoys the hell out of me, is that his sister has mostly escaped scrutiny in all of this. This is old news to many of us, but she was the one trashing Shanann the most. She just took advantage of the anonymity of the internet.

She spread lie after lie, and multiple gullible idiots just ate it up, and did the work for her.

They’re the family from hell.

Do you have a link? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members