Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #80 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
New upload from Plunder with court transcripts. Remember we can't link this YouTuber with any content other than transcript videos

Barry sure loved to sneak around.

That scary story relayed by Sheila, seems to form a pattern, especially as far as the day of the murder goes (creeping around the house, when he claimed he was looking for a Turkey).

He spied on her physically, but also tried to access her phone, and keep tabs on her when she was away from him.

Also, it sounds completely in character for him to have been concerned about what Suzanne was telling others in regard to the state of their marriage, and using the girls as weapons (we also saw and example of this when Lauren recounted trying to interview Barry at his condo).

Whether one believes he is a murderer or not, I don’t see how anyone can argue that he isn’t a terrible human being.

I would like to know if MM1 had a Spring turkey permit. Colorado P&W can easily look this up.

And see MM1’s testimony if she shot a Spring turkey (with what caliber or bow) AND THEN LOST IT FOR WEEKS! That’s unheard of.

You chase injured permitted prey forever. A permitted turkey harvest is not like shooting a chipmunk varmint around your house.

If not, of course Barry will say they didn’t follow the turkey harvesting CP&W laws and could give a sh@t because he’s just Barry. But MM1 needs to testify if she shot a turkey!

I truly hope MM1 and MM2 are compelled to testify.
I’ve thought a lot about both girls testifying. It would be a hard thing for them to go through. And we would only ask for the truth. On one hand, I think they would lie for their dad. On the other hand, that’s a perjury charge if proven. Would BM allow them to face a perjury charge? I think he would. I’m not sure they would want to though.

Barry sure loved to sneak around.

That scary story relayed by Sheila, seems to form a pattern, especially as far as the day of the murder goes (creeping around the house, when he claimed he was looking for a Turkey).

He spied on her physically, but also tried to access her phone, and keep tabs on her when she was away from him.

Also, it sounds completely in character for him to have been concerned about what Suzanne was telling others in regard to the state of their marriage, and using the girls as weapons (we also saw and example of this when Lauren recounted trying to interview Barry at his condo).

Whether one believes he is a murderer or not, I don’t see how anyone can argue that he isn’t a terrible human being.
He comes across to me as being very childish, self centered and selfish. Maybe a guy who never grew up mentally. A terrible husband, a bad friend. And he really uses things and money to keep his daughters loyalty. Yes he is terrible. He is also a murderer.

He comes across to me as being very childish, self centered and selfish. Maybe a guy who never grew up mentally. A terrible husband, a bad friend. And he really uses things and money to keep his daughters loyalty. Yes he is terrible. He is also a murderer.
He’s not a very bright man.

“Cute girls Salida,” which is how a young boy would google that.

Trying to sell the chipmunk story by claiming that he had shot 85 of them (bizarre brag).

Blaming his request for immunity on a YouTube video he allegedly watched.

Yep - and what if it was only 12 years? A lot of this depends on the Judge's view of things right now. Would Barry gamble with a full-on trial and weeks of evidence in the news, if he could get a 12 year sentence, and be out (possibly) in 8-9 years. The State has every reason to try and limit the time and expense of this trial - and if it were okay with the family (the two daughters), well then...that would be consistent with the kinds of deals the defense team has gotten for clients in the past.

Barry is going crazy being locked up. Can he be made to see reason? In some ways, the prosecution could certainly hope for a longer sentence that that, at trial - or it could be a mistrial, at which point Barry might indeed opt for a plea deal, in order to get out.

I'm resigned to a shorter sentence, as long as Barry Morphew is convicted of felonies regarding the disappearance of his wife and leading LE on a wild goose chase. Just as long as he can never own/use firearms again (he could still move to TX, where a felon is now allowed to own a gun - but they can't go outside their house with it, as I understand it...so no more hunting...ever...for Barry). So a shorter sentence, giving up gun ownership and no more (gun) hunting...

I wonder if the Judge can put a condition on longer parole and a ban on all weapons that can be used to hunt (bow and arrow, black powder).
Am I understanding you correctly? You would be in favor of a long parole?

I don’t see felons respecting terms of parole anymore. He has already killed once. As far as leading LE on a wild goose chase, it happens all the time.

We will see what the judge says. No doubt his attorneys are trying to convince Barry to ask for a plea. No doubt he dislikes being jailed and having people see right through him.

I’m not resigned to Barry receiving any sentence less than LWOP. I’ve heard nothing that excuses what he did to Suzanne.

Your post reminded me of the large nursery pot that was supposedly dumped in one of BM's many trash dumps. I wondered what that looked like. This is a photo I found online:
plastic-nursery-containers-10000.jpg

Someone asked LS about the size of the tree bucket ( she and her photographer SH had seen still pictures in Court taken from the surveillance film). They compared it to the water jugs you see at sporting events.

At 31:50

Attachments

• 914F896D-9324-45BB-82A2-3EEC256DC54B.jpeg
    914F896D-9324-45BB-82A2-3EEC256DC54B.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 30
Would this be a reason he would tell JC he needed more time ? I’m having some thoughts about DSI and BM saying I need more time. Like why would he say that to him ? Unless he needed more time before he dug what he needed to dig?

Every time I read about Barry's text for more time, I'm gut punched.

Barry didn't need more time.

Suzanne did. :(

JMO

I truly hope MM1 and MM2 are compelled to testify.
[/QUOTE]
I really don't see this judge allowing that. He would insist on their testimony being brought in some other way. I don't think the child of any party in this case (thinking here about JL's daughter) will be compelled to testify in open court.

After all, if not for the judge's invocation of protection for SM's daughters, we might have possession of a redacted AA right now.
JMO
Edited & bolded by me

He’s not a very bright man.

“Cute girls Salida,” which is how a young boy would google that.

Trying to sell the chipmunk story by claiming that he had shot 85 of them (bizarre brag).

Blaming his request for immunity on a YouTube video he allegedly watched.
I try to envision how I would react to the evidence he has admitted to already. Like the search for cute girls. I would not believe it was his first search. Not would I believe he didn’t hook up with other women.

And for me, one of the funniest stories we have heard is about him shooting 85 chipmunks. Who would say that? Who would be proud of that? Who would believe he kept count? Who would believe a good hunter would do that? Yes, a killer maybe. Maybe someone who likes to kill things for sport. (Which would lead me to believe he liked tracking and killing SM for sport.)

His stories are bs and even if a jury sees them all as funny or bs, it will make him look worse.

Every time I read about Barry's text for more time, I'm gut punched.

Barry didn't need more time.

Suzanne did. :(

JMO
Every time I think of him saying he needed more time, I think he wanted to keep his face hidden away from women he had been with. He knows he is transparent.
Yes @mass guy is correct. He isn’t smart.

Regarding prelim transcripts, where do we stand right now? Is there some way to add a feature to the thread for donations? Should be easy to raise $321 and end some speculation with the exact words of LE in court. I would donate.
@jondaba - Please weigh in here.
Thanks!

I try to envision how I would react to the evidence he has admitted to already. Like the search for cute girls. I would not believe it was his first search. Not would I believe he didn’t hook up with other women.

And for me, one of the funniest stories we have heard is about him shooting 85 chipmunks. Who would say that? Who would be proud of that? Who would believe he kept count? Who would believe a good hunter would do that? Yes, a killer maybe. Maybe someone who likes to kill things for sport. (Which would lead me to believe he liked tracking and killing SM for sport.)

His stories are bs and even if a jury sees them all as funny or bs, it will make him look worse.
Even more hilarious was the defense starting day 4 by reassuring the court that the defendant was not proven to have shot 85 chipmunks in one hunting session. That they felt the need to mitigate THAT when so much motive & opportunity re: SM was obvious....harrumph.
ETA: MOO

Yep - and what if it was only 12 years? A lot of this depends on the Judge's view of things right now. Would Barry gamble with a full-on trial and weeks of evidence in the news, if he could get a 12 year sentence, and be out (possibly) in 8-9 years. The State has every reason to try and limit the time and expense of this trial - and if it were okay with the family (the two daughters), well then...that would be consistent with the kinds of deals the defense team has gotten for clients in the past.

Barry is going crazy being locked up. Can he be made to see reason? In some ways, the prosecution could certainly hope for a longer sentence that that, at trial - or it could be a mistrial, at which point Barry might indeed opt for a plea deal, in order to get out.

I'm resigned to a shorter sentence, as long as Barry Morphew is convicted of felonies regarding the disappearance of his wife and leading LE on a wild goose chase. Just as long as he can never own/use firearms again (he could still move to TX, where a felon is now allowed to own a gun - but they can't go outside their house with it, as I understand it...so no more hunting...ever...for Barry). So a shorter sentence, giving up gun ownership and no more (gun) hunting...

I wonder if the Judge can put a condition on longer parole and a ban on all weapons that can be used to hunt (bow and arrow, black powder).
I don’t see him staying in Colorado no matter the outcome. Also Colorado guidelines most serve no more than and sometimes less than 50% of their sentence.

I don’t see him staying in Colorado no matter the outcome. Also Colorado guidelines most serve no more than and sometimes less than 50% of their sentence.

I'm not understanding you. If he's convicted of Murder One, he's staying in CO, right? If he's convicted of any of the charges, he's staying in CO until he serves his sentence.

Then, when he's on parole, he has to stay in CO, unless he can get some kind of special dispensation that most parolees don't get. All inmate in CO have mandatory parole. Are you saying that there's a process by which some of these inmates can have their parole in another state?

Because my point is that Barry is not leaving CO any time soon. Sure, once his parole is over, he can go where ever he wants. I think that's down the road quite a bit. Surely he'll be convicted on the voter fraud and the gun charges - or do you think he'll evade those as well?

I am not talking about when he'll get parole. I've suggested that he could be out in 8-9 years, if the charge goes to Murder Two, third degree (and the judge allows him to serve all sentences concurrently). Those are Big If's.

Then, he has to do parole, during which he doesn't leave CO. So my prediction is that at a minimum, Barry is stuck in CO for the next decade or so.

I am not getting what you're trying to say - he will serve his parole terms regardless of whether he serves his sentence inside prison. And I do believe he'll be convicted of something.

BM = ATM?
Yes !! BM said, he was SM's ATM... YIKES
@Spartygirl Thx for your post.
As BM's stmt seems flip imo, I'm curious about LE's exact questions & BM's exact words in interviews. Maybe at trial we'll hear.

If BM wanted to force SM to ask him for $ then no ATM card, no debit card, but IDK if she had to grovel for every dime, maybe not.
Imo, likely LE could tell by account actvity in monthly statements, if SM had ATM or debit card that BM knew about.

ATM card? If BM wanted to control $ amt, ATM card w fixed daily cash w/d limits would help w. $ limit but would not reveal what SM purchased.
Debit car for purchases? If BM wanted to know what SM bought, 'allowing her' to have a debit card would (generally) let him know. If there were 'masked' debits (such as Venmo, PayPal), he could ask/demand info from her.
Combo card?

If SM did not have either type of card (or checkwriting auth.), makes BM out to be a Controller Extraordinaire. my2ct

I have always thought the same about those texts. Why would
Interesting thoughts Troc. We know that BM came home for lunch after telling MG he wanted to “make the wife happy.” And a possible Facebook password reset around 11 am (per NoSI’s notes.) Did something happen during that lunch visit? The missing prescription that SM picked up a few days before… The “drunk eyes” photo that we have not yet seen.. Did he possibly crush up her hydrocodone, put them in her soup, and attempt to have her look to have overdosed?

Or, had he thought she was going out on a bike ride while he went to DSI? He called her 11x and asked if she had left. But she hadn’t left. Did a Plan A (she goes missing, or dies of an overdose while he’s at DSI) - fail? Something about the wording of her texts to JL feel odd to me.. “He’s always gone”, “Look who’s alone again”.. have me feeling like he may have somehow sent them himself, while trying to establish something happened while he wasn’t at PP. Then he arrives home and she is there, and still alive. On to Plan B, chasing her around, use of tranquilizer darts, etc. An alleged hike that evening.

His truck not moving is quite curious, but he is a hunter and a firefighter. He is capable of moving elk and deer. He could have moved her body on foot off the property, then moved her again during the window of time LE believes he hid her remains.

All above is speculation. It’s puzzling.
I have always thought the same about those texts. Why would she say that he is always gone like that? I would think she would be thrilled that he was gone, not disappointed about it. Some of her texts sound to me like someone else sent them.....like Barry was sending them from an iPad or something impersonating Suzanne? I know that has been mentioned before as a possibility. Our apple account is all screwy- my SO's texts come across my laptop. I can reply to them if I know he is unavaialble.

I would be curious how many times a day Barry normally changes clothes also. :) MG would know if changing his clothes as many times as he did in Broomfield is his norm.

I agree that he may have carried her on foot to bury her in a prepared place. He looked strong as an ox back then.

I feel like Barry was minimizing Suzanne’s contribution in the marriage with the ATM comment. I will await further information as to whether he withheld funds, or if he meant that he was the sole breadwinner. I’m thinking he believed that as the man of the house, he was entitled to make all the decisions. I bet that what Barry decided was usually the rule in the house. Suzanne drove a nice SUV, had beautiful clothes, and went on many trips without Barry. I think he probably believed that he could grant or deny Suzanne’s spending as he saw fit.

Am I understanding you correctly? You would be in favor of a long parole?

I don’t see felons respecting terms of parole anymore. He has already killed once. As far as leading LE on a wild goose chase, it happens all the time.

We will see what the judge says. No doubt his attorneys are trying to convince Barry to ask for a plea. No doubt he dislikes being jailed and having people see right through him.

I’m not resigned to Barry receiving any sentence less than LWOP. I’ve heard nothing that excuses what he did to Suzanne.

No, I'm not in favor of it. I am just preparing myself for one of the possible outcomes (there are several). I'm still optimistic that he will get a Murder One charge (although not nearly as optimistic as I could be), and that he may get life in prison without parole. But it's also possible he'll get 30 years with possibility of parole, meaning that he could start petitioning in 15 years.

My point was directed @Momofthreeboys's comment about him leaving CO. I say he won't leave CO until his parole is completed. And I predict his parole will not be short. And that there will be real restrictions on him gallivanting around (perhaps not able to leave the state except for short periods and with approval of his parole officer - with whom he'll have a nice weekly chat at first).

I doubt they'll set his parole to be administered out of Denver - I think he may well have to remain in Chaffee County, even if he gets out in 5 or 10 years. For at least another 2-3 years. That means he'll have to try. and find a job that allows a felon to hold it. He won't be getting contracts from public entities. Those "I don't mow lawns!" statements on his early LLC's in Indiana will be moot. He will now be the shady one.

And he won't be allowed to own firearms. Of that much, I am sure. Only TX would permit it after his parole (and then only if he leaves them at home at all times - so no hunting).

For me, the worst punishment for Barry is clearly incarceration. After that, it's not being able to hunt. After that, it's losing the repect of his daughters and everyone else he knows (having his charade declared over).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48