Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #56 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my recollection withina very short time after the murder he bought a new truck. He then bought a plot of land for his Mom. He sold the house in Indiana (already under contract so no surprise there) and he also sold a rental property they owned. He then sold the family’s home in Colorado. He clearly unleashed a lot of pent up financial dealings.
I was leaning towards domestic violence but now it is very likely financially motivated.

Suzanne’s sister Melinda indicated that she believes the motive was financial
murder. (Per below).

“I think life happens,” Melinda continued. “I think pressures and stresses in life — I think financial pressure bears in on people very heavily. It creates an atmosphere of discontent and strife and sometimes living beyond your means is a very hard thing to do . . . Learning to be content with what you have is a very powerful thing in this life, and it brings great peace, and I don’t think Barry and Suzanne had gotten there yet, and that’s what I think kinda happened — and I can’t really say more than that.”
Interesting. I believe in some states if you get divorced you're allowed to keep any money that you've inherited -- it is not split with your spouse. Even if you've invested it or purchased something with your spouse, you're still entitled to get that money back in a divorce, as long as it can be traced back to the inheritance.

On May 17, what is the likelyhood those camera's still had footage from 5/8 through 5/12?

What is the normal cycle they would be overwritten?
Good question....
Nice avatar, btw. :)
Afaik, Suzanne was alive on the 8th the entire day ?
Did LE want to know the comings and goings of those in the house, and friends/relatives ?
Hoping this will be explained when the AA is released !
Imo.

Last edited:
Hello Synergizer Bunny, you did not imagine that. I heard CM say the same if my memory serves me. It was on one of the videos posted here. I apologize in advance everyone as I do not remember which one it was..:confused:
IF there was a fight and Barry went too far and even slightly injured her (slapped or punched) -- he knew he'd gone too far, she was done, it was over -- and his life was not going to be the same.
So he chose the most cowardly thing he could do.
MOO.

On a completely different direction, I would like to know who originally owned the Puma lot. It was purchased in 2008, a really poor time to purchase real estate. It seems someone held the land for a few years, and then built a home.

Who was the owner of the lot, who is the one that built that home. Did someone buy it and occupy it, or was it rented out on various sites? Was it anyone related to BM?

JMO, MOO

Interesting. I believe in some states if you get divorced you're allowed to keep any money that you've inherited -- it is not split with your spouse. Even if you've invested it or purchased something with your spouse, you're still entitled to get that money back in a divorce, as long as it can be traced back to the inheritance.
Which is maybe why they had no mortgage on the PP property yet Suzanne allegedly handed over $500,000 to cover something. Did they have a home equity loan because otherwise I can’t make sense of Suzanne handing over her inheritance unless she thought it was going toward the home. It is hinky for sure.
Maybe since they had no mortgage they expected to live off the land contract funds from the home in Indiana along with other rental property income? Maybe cash fell short when Barry wasn’t lining the bank account with income from work? Easy to live without a mortgage payment unless your other income is depleted. As others have stated with medical bills and general living expenses not a lot left over if Barry wasn’t making gains on landscaping income? IMO

Mention about the Friday argument starts at about the 1:06:05 minute mark

ETA: I edited the minute mark to start sooner than mentioned before because the few seconds before the ‘argument’ is mentioned relates also in the whole context of the conversation.
Chris says he learned that in one of BM's statements to LE BM said that he and SM got into an argument on Friday -- I'm wondering if SM texted someone about that (alleged) argument and LE then confronted BM with that text.
Imo and speculation

Yes, I think the high percentage rate is based on the no body cases that had enough evidence to make it to trial and ensure a conviction.

Proving the victim is deceased, and/or obtaining a confession, along with building a case on circumstantial evidence can't be an easy task.

I agree that the high percentage rate of conviction for no body cases is because district attorneys are going to make pretty darned sure that the one bite at that apple isn’t wasted. I doubt that Linda Stanley would not have pulled the trigger to arrest Barry unless she thought they had the goods on him. This is a high profile case and I don’t think she chose to prosecute on a whim. She looks like she doesn’t like to lose.

When Chris mentioned that LE was nearby the night before the arrest, it seemed to be it was more in the “takes one to know one” vein. He seemed to infer that he recognized LE based on his years of experience-not that someone had told him they were there. But he seems to have the inside scoop from somewhere. I get that he was looking to promote his online platform, but I enjoyed the way he seemed to rattle Barry’s cage whenever he could. It might be unprofessional, or it might be a tactic. I hope somebody-Lauren, Mike, Chris, everybody-writes a book.

BM & Surgery?
@Error505 Thx for your post w split pix* of BM.
--- Swelling/puffiness & darkness/bruising around his right eye (our left side in pic)?
--- Less hooding of the eye, a desirable surgical outcome.
Yep, could be signs of recent blepharoplasty. Upper only? IDK. Elective, or performed to improve field of vision? IDK.

Landscaping business & time outdoors may have contributed to forehead lines. Or maybe it was worry?

* https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/7bc249eb-22e6-47b3-afc9-d3eb5e534a9f-jpeg.296957/

Yes, agree with Al66pine. JMHO, looks like BM may have had an upper bleph and not lower. Forehead very wrinkled and does not look like he has had Botox or fillers. MOO

Since the CCSO has been keeping almost everything very departmental need to know for over a year at this point, I really have to question how CM knows of a statement BM allegedly made to LE about him and Suzanne getting into some sort of confrontation on Friday night.

I'm just not convinced this is true.

On a completely different direction, I would like to know who originally owned the Puma lot. It was purchased in 2008, a really poor time to purchase real estate. It seems someone held the land for a few years, and then built a home.

Who was the owner of the lot, who is the one that built that home. Did someone buy it and occupy it, or was it rented out on various sites? Was it anyone related to BM?

JMO, MOO

There is a history of the home sales all the way back to 2008 here. qPublic.net - Chaffee County, CO - Report: R368531400097

Which is maybe why they had no mortgage on the PP property yet Suzanne allegedly handed over $500,000 to cover something. Did they have a home equity loan because otherwise I can’t make sense of Suzanne handing over her inheritance unless she thought it was going toward the home. It is hinky for sure.
Maybe since they had no mortgage they expected to live off the land contract funds from the home in Indiana along with other rental property income? Maybe cash fell short when Barry wasn’t lining the bank account with income from work? Easy to live without a mortgage payment unless your other income is depleted. As others have stated with medical bills and general living expenses not a lot left over if Barry wasn’t making gains on landscaping income? IMO
Maybe it was an interest only loan and the 500k was squandered. Would B&S's name even be on the house or is it still the banks home? I don't know anything about that type of loan other than my friend in CO telling me recently that she has one and doesn't care to ever own her home.

It's entirely at the discretion of the defense team.
If they object, they have until the 12th to formally file the objection.
I'm hoping they have nothing to object to.
I suspect we'll know by late Wednesday, possibly, if it's coming out after the 7 days given by the judge.
It's late Wednesday :D - any updates?

I have no doubt this was over finances. Suzanne loved her home in Indiana. Barry wanted to sell it by her not signing it held up the sale of the property. I believe Sat before Mother’s Day he tried to force her to sign it over to him because he needed that money badly. She refused and wouldn’t budge, it angered him sent him in a rage and that’s why she texted she was “Scared” almost 4 weeks after she went missing he filed for guardianship on behalf of Suzanne to go forward with the sale of the property. He tried to get Suzanne’s Father to sign but he refused.

Since the CCSO has been keeping almost everything very departmental need to know for over a year at this point, I really have to question how CM knows of a statement BM allegedly made to LE about him and Suzanne getting into some sort of confrontation on Friday night.

I'm just not convinced this is true.
Hopefully, we'll find out directly from LE about any alleged statements made by BM if and when the AA is released.

I agree that the high percentage rate of conviction for no body cases is because district attorneys are going to make pretty darned sure that the one bite at that apple isn’t wasted. I doubt that Linda Stanley would not have pulled the trigger to arrest Barry unless she thought they had the goods on him. This is a high profile case and I don’t think she chose to prosecute on a whim. She looks like she doesn’t like to lose.

When Chris mentioned that LE was nearby the night before the arrest, it seemed to be it was more in the “takes one to know one” vein. He seemed to infer that he recognized LE based on his years of experience-not that someone had told him they were there. But he seems to have the inside scoop from somewhere. I get that he was looking to promote his online platform, but I enjoyed the way he seemed to rattle Barry’s cage whenever he could. It might be unprofessional, or it might be a tactic. I hope somebody-Lauren, Mike, Chris, everybody-writes a book.
I wondered if BM was being tailed or there were unmarked police vehicles surveilling his activity in the days before the arrest and that's how they knew an arrest would be made soon.

I wondered if BM was being tailed or there were unmarked police vehicles surveilling his activity in the days before the arrest and that's how they knew an arrest would be made soon.
I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that LE had both eyes and ears on Barry. Anything is possible and they clearly feel they have enough evidence to bring 1st degree charges. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paulino1@