Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #57 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
@NuttMegg bbm When a jury returns a Not Guilty verdict in a homicide trial, a victim's family would be thrilled w a sentence for tax evasion or even jay-walking instead. As long as the perp was imprisoned for life.
Well I kind of strung out my reasoning, I was only half kidding when I mentioned getting Capone on tax evasion. I am kind of queasy about them going on about fraudulent voting when he is accused of murder. It doesn't project the aura of an air tight case for murder.

You have to admit the timing is just slightly weird.

I have no way of knowing but I suspect they were investigating any “signs of life” for poor Suzanne in making their case for a murder charge and this came up.

In general different law enforcement agencies will work together and will prioritize more serious crimes. So this could have been ready to charge since November but they may have waited for the murder case to be charged first.

Sorry to post this and it’s MOO, but based on what the family has stated in the past week, I’m leaning toward a really gruesome murder. I have this odd feeling of BM used a large hunting knife and it was not a clean murder scene.

Maybe a gun, but it seems like the forensics from a gun would have lead to a faster arrest.

But the chlorine speculation at multiple locations has me thinking of a major clean up.

Last edited:
He witnessed an invisible signing of a ballot. Interesting. Does he not understand that he should have just sent it without a witness signature if he was going to go for it? He actually signed his own name. He's a witness all right. moo

watch his lawyer use that guardianship paperwork and call a proxy vote since she was missing and not considered deceased. lets hope the forged paperwork is the guardianship paperwork.

Sorry to post this and it’s MOO, but based on what the family has stated in the past week, I’m leaning toward a really gruesome murder. I have this odd feeling of BM used a large hunting knife and it was not a clean murder scene.

Maybe a gun, but it seems like the forearm is from a gun would have lead to a faster arrest.
It seems once these guys have murdered, they lose all respect for the bodies, or perhaps think "well, what else could be so bad, I gotta get away with this". (Watts/crude oil, Frazee, Bobby Cutts, lots more). As gruesome as it sounds, I do think he probably dismembered her, but away from home. He could have taken her from the home alive, but discapacitated. I posted this before, but I butchered probably 100 black tailed deer (they are pretty small) and it's so easy, you don't need to saw up bones, just cut tendons and so forth. There really isn't much holding all our bones together. It's either than or the lime thing we were talking about, if he had access to that caustic kind of lime.

Last edited:
I have no way of knowing but I suspect they were investigating any “signs of life” for poor Suzanne in making their case for a murder charge and this came up.

In general different law enforcement agencies will work together and will prioritize more serious crimes. So this could have been ready to charge since November but they may have waited for the murder case to be charged first.
Makes complete sense. Thanks a bunch.

Maybe a gun, but it seems like the forearm is from a gun would have lead to a faster arrest.

But the chlorine speculation at multiple locations has me thinking of a major clean up.
SMs brother used the term "horrific"

Well for crying out loud.
I step away for a few hours for family time and Barry's charged with freaking voter fraud. o_O
Looks like the forensic accountant geniuses whipped out the ULTRA-fine toothed combs.
But still...
Is he seriously this stupid?
Sorry, yes, clearly he is.
I'm so sorry, Suzanne. :(

@NuttMegg bbm When a jury returns a Not Guilty verdict in a homicide trial, a victim's family would be thrilled w a sentence for tax evasion or even jay-walking instead. As long as the perp was imprisoned for life.

For sure. That expands to crimes with surviving victims as well, of course. Currently keeping up with a case where someone is likely going to get off or (at most) plead to a low sentence in one case, but that person is likely going down hard for a second, separate case. Vic 1 takes comfort only in knowing that the defendant will end up spending a long time behind bars in the end.

sometimes, sadly, you just take/accept whatever you can get. I genuinely hope that this is not the outcome for SM’s family, and BM goes all the way down for what he’s done

That’s petty compared to the murder charges he's facing . What’s the reasoning behind that I wonder.
It sure keeps BM in the news! And imagine how crushing this is to an ego like BM's to have the whole world laughing at him for the most stupid mistake, like, ever. Evidence for scofflaw character, too, which might be useful in another context.
But it also should give BM a clue that LE knows EVERYTHING about him, every little detail of his sorry life, including the contents of a single envelope.. What ELSE might they know?
Pretty much all summed up by this example sentence from the Free Dictionary (note that the body part referred to is the neck, not the nether regions): "With all that evidence against you, I'd say the police have got you by the short and curlies."

watch his lawyer use that guardianship paperwork and call a proxy vote since she was missing and not considered deceased. lets hope the forged paperwork is the guardianship paperwork.

Can a person hold guardianship that covers more than one state?
He filed for guardianship in Indiana.
Did he forge a CO federal mail-in vote for Suzanne?

There is a link here about the need to transfer guardianship to another state, if a person relocates.

Transferring Guardianship Between States | Special Needs Alliance

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Usually, there is little to no blood if a cadaver is dissected/dismembered some hours after death – IIRC, it's around 6 hours. In some few cases there can be a release of post-mortem blood from injuries sustained before or even after death, but I believe only rarely does this occur.

Also, blood after death has different properties from that released by a living body. Simplistically, it is less liquid, more coagulated. I imagine a forensics serologist could determine if blood found at a crime scene was released by a living person, or was from one who was already deceased eg. were it to be found at all on, for example, clothing worn or tools used by a murder suspect.

What I'm trying to convey as delicately as possible is that if BM strangled or drowned SM at a particular time, and some hours later prepared her body for removal in, for example, a number of coolers to be concealed perhaps in several locations, there may have been very little blood, or even no blood, needing to be cleaned up at the site used for body preparation.

Doubtless some perhaps even minuscule body tissue would have been missed in any clean-up by BM, yet retrieved by LE and its DNA identified.

All the above is solely my inexpert postulations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member