Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carol McKinley reported during Andy’s search that the item recovered was in fact the helmet.

Investigators found Morphew’s bicycle in a ravine that evening. Law enforcement investigators told The Gazette that her turquoise bike helmet was found nearby days later.

Sheriff downplays reports of remains found in Suzanne Morphew disappearance
I wonder if the helmut was as in as good of condition as the bicycle allegedly was. One would think that...if Suzanne was somehow separated from her helmut; it would have involved outside forces....meaning scuffs, blood, etc....should be present. OTOH...if it was staged by the same hands that staged the bicycle...it too may have been all neat and tidy.

You forget, he first asked her to check to see if their cars were there,
Not sure where you get that from genuineusa. It seems EVERY conversation where Barry is involved is either convoluted or contradicted.

A woman identified as the stepmother of Morphew’s daughter’s best friend said that the homes in the remote central Colorado town are far apart. "It remains unclear how long Morphew had been out of contact before the neighbor alerted Chaffee County authorities on May 10..."

“The neighbors up there are spread pretty far apart but the only reason they found out [she was missing] is because the girls called the neighbors and said, ‘we never heard from Mom – can you go check on her?'” the friend’s stepmother said

“Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle, sadly.”
‘Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle’: Questions persist amid changing reports on the investigation into Suzanne Morphew’s Mother’s Day disappearance

Last edited:
If accurate, isn't it interesting that both the helmut and the bicycle were found in ravines?

No, because out there there are ravines on the sides of most of the roads....not many flat plateau areas heading west. My immediate thought when she turned up missing and it hit the news was that she was abducted and the abductor was heading west over Monarch and pitched whatever they found.

I believe the entire day slotted off for Barry. For 4 days… re-evaluating after the 2nd day to see if they’re going to need even more time, or whether the court will set some rules and restrictions on how long each side has to question witnesses.
Can’t get through this trove of evidence in 4 hours.
Oh yeah, I remember that now - the four hour time allotment.
@MassGuy's attachment said "1 hour" and I was like, "What?".

IMO No way BM the money grubber let that ring get away.

Unless the diamonds were fake.

I wonder if SUZANNE ever had her diamond wedding set appraised for insurance purposes.

And my mind takes off. Any man who would murder his wife would have no qualms about submitting an insurance claim for the “lost” rings of his missing wife.

Nor would he think twice about replacing real gems with fake stones to sell the gems for cash.

IMO.

No, because out there there are ravines on the sides of most of the roads....not many flat plateau areas heading west. My immediate thought when she turned up missing and it hit the news was that she was abducted and the abductor was heading west over Monarch and pitched whatever they found.
Nothing like a 'crumb trail'. I'm pretty sure LE hit a dead end with that scenario.

The TV market is Denver and Colorado Springs so I'm assuming someone from her station and perhaps other Denver news stations will either be seated in the courtroom or at the Fairgrounds and she is certainly a "likely" candidate but probably up to her station who they send.

Lauren plans to be there if there’s a seat.

“I hope I can get a seat in the courthouse but won't know for sure until the end of the week.”

I believe he would sell her ring, maybe in Mexico? Money means something to him. same for an abductor. Why toss something so valuable?
Of course there was no abductor. There was only Barry.

Maybe BM is expecting a package in the mail, you know, from Mexico, a package from Suzanne with her wedding ring set, “proving” that SUZANNE is alive. I’m sure he’d be appropriately surprised.

I’ve watched too many movies.

My immediate thought when she (SUZANNE) turned up missing was, here we go again, another wife killed by her husband and “disappeared.”

I’ve read too many true crime and news stories.

Or the judge could realize he is in the wrong and stop denying access. It should ALL be open. Where is the harm? Fighting over keeping WebEx proceedings only available to a limited number of people is stupid. Just because the judge finds it personally uncomfortable is not a LEGAL REASON to close off any of these proceedings from cameras. JMO
BBM.

For those who may still object to Judge Murphy's decision without having read it, he did cite a legal basis for his decision not to allow general WebEx access to the preliminary hearing. It was the first and primary justification: "Pursuant to Colorado Court Rules, only certain pretrial proceedings are eligible for expanded media coverage in criminal cases. Preliminary hearings are not included on that list (See Colorado Court Rules Chapter 38, Rule 3)."

The judge did offer some practical reasons for his decision, but finding it "Personally uncomfortable" is not among them. The judge is the trier of fact in a preliminary hearing, and he believes it is important that his full attention be focused on the evidence being presented. Monitoring the WebEx meeting would be a distraction. This seems pretty obvious IMO.

He identified at least some of the potential harm that allowing general public WebEx access would do: undermining the purposes of the above Court Rule by (1) interfering with the rights of the parties to a fair trial, (2) detracting from the decorum and dignity of the court, and (3) creating adverse effects that would be greater than traditional media coverage.

MOO, it's OK to advocate for openness, but not OK to misrepresent the law or the judge's decisions.

I wish we all had a copy of the AA to read and compare with the Tweets.
Of course, the AA will likely be heavily redacted so the Tweets might be better. :p Can’t wait.
There is leniency in a preliminary for the prosecution so from the AA to the Preliminary to any potential trial is not apples to apples. Tweets will reflect what is happening in the court regardless of what is in the arrest avadavat.

How many people will be taking a two day vacation and planning to serve very easy to cook food or takeaway?
Yes to all lol. Actually, I put in for vacation from work for the 2 days awhile ago. Decided recently ahh heck I’m going to take the whole week off since we haven’t had the best weather around these parts lately and nice, sunny weather is forecasted for next week.
Then again, this is New England, where extended weather forecasts are about as reliable as BM’s statements :D.

4 more days and counting, can’t wait!

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Unless the diamonds were fake.

I wonder if SUZANNE ever had her diamond wedding set appraised for insurance purposes.

And my mind takes off. Any man who would murder his wife would have no qualms about submitting an insurance claim for the “lost” rings of his missing wife.

Nor would he think twice about replacing real gems with fake stones to sell the gems for cash.

IMO.
I would not put it past Barry to put in a claim for Suzanne’s “lost” engagement ring.
How many people will be taking a two day vacation and planning to serve very easy to cook food or takeaway?

I foolishly did not put Monday on my calendar and made plans to be out of town. I will be driving back (as a passenger) and will have devices at the ready along with my car charger AND spare battery so I don’t miss a thing,

I hope to see Barry in his usual courtroom attire. A jail-issued orange and white jumpsuit, a blue face mask, shackles on his ankles, and handcuffs.

Bonus points if the handcuffs are pink like Patrick Frazee wore in court, but I’m probably hoping for too much there.

I'm picturing him showing up in his baby blue, sleeves cut off, bbqing and hanging out shirt. I think that's his favorite.

I will be upset if Lauren doesn’t get a seat. I wasn’t happy when I read that she would know end of this week.
Not to worry -- KKTV's Ashley Franco confirmed she will be there (Franco covered Frazee's trial from start to finish and did a fantastic job).

ETA: KKTV is a CBS affiliate.

Ashley Franco
@AshleyKKTV

I will be at this hearing coming up next Monday. We'll likely find out some of the details behind what happened to #SuzanneMorphew. We are allowed to live-tweet, but we will not be allowed to record the hearing.
@KKTV11News

6:14 PM · Aug 4, 2021

Last edited:
I'm picturing him showing up in his baby blue, sleeves cut off, bbqing and hanging out shirt. I think that's his favorite.
Sounds about right for Barry’s taste. I bet he’s developed a fondness for his white socks and plastic sandals by now! I can’t tell you how stunning I think those are! Can’t wait until this accused murderer is convicted and handed down LWOP + 47 years!
#JusticeForSuzanne
She deserved much better and so did her daughters! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members