Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #78 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry's timeline Sunday morning going to Broomfield.

"Around 5:37 a.m., Morphew was heading towards Buena Vista, driving through Johnson Village."

@LaurenScharfTV
·
Aug 10

Takes about 32 minutes to drive to Johnson Village from #BarryMorphew home. Neilsen said this is according to Google directions. Based on phone data, he is in Johnson Village at 5:37 am.

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

"Do you think there is time to dispose of a human body in that time?" Neilsen asked. "No there is not," Agent Grusing replied.
3:21 PM · Aug 10, 2021

At 8:10 a.m. he stopped at an RTD bus stop in Broomfield off Highway 36. His passenger door opened, and according to data, it took him about two minutes to throw something away that was a few feet from his truck.

Morphew then went to the Holiday Inn Express in Broomfield, where he made another trash run. At 8:25 a.m. Morphew walked into the hotel and went to his room at 8:38 a.m."

SUZANNE MORPHEW: Where was Barry Morphew on May 9 and 10? | FOX31 Denver

Google maps show Johnson Village to Broomfield RTD bus stop via HWY 285 as 2 hrs 23 minutes.
Google Maps

My math sucks (asking for help :D) Johnson Village to Bus Stop = 5:37 to 8:10 = 2 hrs 33 minutes? Assuming one goes the speed limit ;)

I think it was speculation that grew legs.
Same as Suzanne implying to Barry in a text that she didn't care who he'd been with.
Neither have ever been stated (that I can find) but they still come up.

jmo

Pretty sure you and I are on the same page. Blood makes that story much more dramatic than what Barry was quoted as saying and same with the text. Things are always clearer when we don't have to depend on tweets of journalists impressions. You and I have been here a long time, so I'm sure you have watched a trial or 2 where we can see exactly what and how things were said and by whom and how that is much more easily sourced than a 280 character quickly transcribed tweet. This will be the last Colorado case I follow because there is too much that is left to interpretation and speculation. Ugh.

Based on the four days of the prelim, and with the limited knowledge of tweets that were published, i'm struggling with "proof and evidence". I think he lies, I think they can prove that he lies. That does not equal murder.
I think they will get Shosho to open up. That just puts him on par with SM to most people.
I think the daughters will likely show love and support for Dad, it's common in scenarios like this.
I am disappointed but hopeful. I was less optimistic after the prelim and even more so after seeing the DA's press conference.

I'm just not getting warm fuzzies and it infuriates me. I hope i'm wrong. IMO it will go to trial but if they have is anything like what they just presented, he will not be convicted.
I think the D is trying to show that LE has simply had it out for BM since the beginning and built a case around that. They missed some big leads from an investigative perspective.

Poncha Springs Market - they never showed up for video nor did they interview them until after it was put to MSM.
Did not process the sleeping bag?
Did not process the room at the HIE
Did not process the 1/2 full coffee cup on the counter
Never followed up on DNA from "possible" matches on car.
Didn't have evidence bags for the article of clothing
Did not process the bikini she is last seen wearing in the proof of life photo.
Others?
How could PM sign the affidavit then say"much of the information is not relevant to trial but needed more time for his ruling.

I'm sure i've missed some. I am not bashing LE, I am merely pointing out the holes the D has created and showing how this ship could sink.

I think he does lie, but being BM, he could have hired someone outside Salida to help him, some totally unsavory type. BM hunts, he hires different people to work for him, he sells antlers, he can come across someone who is not linked to him and can murder for hire. Only, unlike KK the clean-after-murder nurse, the person did not take the cellphone as incriminating info with him.

Then BM could have been, indeed, in Broomfield, when it was happening.

That could explain $70 K missing. This is a good payment for some criminal, who, too, disappears, because least of all he wants to be tied up to the case.

Let me know if I’m on the right track here. It doesn’t matter what road he took to Bloomfield early in the am for his job as that is a different trash dumping trip ..oh yeah and 10 minutes of work and 6 hours watching TV.

Jmo - He most likely disposed of her body from 10 pm - 3:30 am while his phone was left home. So I’m thinking IF FBI are looking for evidence of SM at Berthoud Pass he took 70 (in the Range Rover) and got off then turned around and went back home accounting for those 5 missing hours. Once home, he turned his phone on, got in his car and set up the bike and helmet scenes. Took garbage and headed to Bloomfield using the 285 route. Almost picked MG up but had too much stuff with him to dispose of so changed his mind in case she saw something. All Moo

Attachments

• 07E24896-9170-4E86-805E-B2EFCFA4954F.jpeg
    07E24896-9170-4E86-805E-B2EFCFA4954F.jpeg
    270.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Let me know if I’m on the right track here. It doesn’t matter what road he took to Bloomfield early in the am for his job as that is a different trash dumping trip ..oh yeah and 10 minutes of work and 6 hours watching TV.

Jmo - He most likely disposed of her body from 10 pm - 3:30 am while his phone was left home on airplane mode. So I’m thinking IF FBI are looking for evidence of SM at Berthoud Pass he took 70 (in the Range Rover) and got off then turned around and went back home accounting for those 5 missing hours. Once home, he turned his phone on, got in his car and set up the bike and helmet scenes. Took garbage and headed to Bloomfield using the 285 route. Almost picked MG up but had too much stuff with him to dispose of so changed his mind in case she saw something. All Moo

I hope you're right just because that would mean they found her or something relating to her -- but if he was dumping evidence in an unrelated trip than the Broomfield "job", wouldn't he have gone in a different direction than where his "alibi" placed him?

MOO

Jmo - He most likely disposed of her body from 10 pm - 3:30 am while his phone was left home on airplane mode. So I’m thinking IF FBI are looking for evidence of SM at Berthoud Pass he took 70 (in the Range Rover) and got off then turned around and went back home accounting for those 5 missing hours. Once home, he turned his phone on, got in his car and set up the bike and helmet scenes. Took garbage and headed to Bloomfield using the 285 route. Almost picked MG up but had too much stuff with him to dispose of so changed his mind in case she saw something. All Moo

That def makes more sense when including the MG situation which I've never been able to reconcile with everything else.

Wish we knew exactly where the FBI is/was searching. He may not have gone far up the pass. Maybe LS could find out FBI exact location? Feeling cautiously hopeful.

I am beginning to think the missing 18 miles on his truck was the pit stop at poncho springs to throw a phone and charger in a dumpster. It’s about 10 miles from Salida to Poncha springs but I don’t have the exact addresses of their home to the store he was dumpster diving in. Probably could easily add a few more miles. If I have time I’ll look it up. All jmo

Attachments

• B6C41513-1D07-4E8B-9194-0AE17422CC87.jpeg
    B6C41513-1D07-4E8B-9194-0AE17422CC87.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 4

I think he does lie, but being BM, he could have hired someone outside Salida to help him, some totally unsavory type. BM hunts, he hires different people to work for him, he sells antlers, he can come across someone who is not linked to him and can murder for hire. Only, unlike KK the clean-after-murder nurse, the person did not take the cellphone as incriminating info with him.

Then BM could have been, indeed, in Broomfield, when it was happening.

That could explain $70 K missing. This is a good payment for some criminal, who, too, disappears, because least of all he wants to be tied up to the case.
BM's good friend said that if BM wanted to make a body disappear so it could never be found, he could do it. I'll take BM's good friend's impressions about that.

IMO, there is NO WAY BM would have paid an unsavory type to get rid of SM's body. Why? Three reasons:
  • It was something he likely believed he'd be better at (just as his friend believed he'd be good at it);
  • Doing it himself meant he wouldn't have a potential witness out there who, next time they got themselves in serious trouble with the law, could trade info about BM to make things easier on themselves; and
  • BM is too cheap to pay some drug addict, meth head, or former convict good money for anything other than to save himself hard labor (and even then, he is himself being paid).
ETA: I think there may even be a 4th reason: I think BM is proud he was so good at making SM disappear and throwing around smoke after such that LE has not found her and his family believes his claims he had nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675