Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #78 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus he wouldn't have the satisfaction of "completing the job." This was personal. No way he farmed it out to someone else IMO.

He disappeared her. This I believe. But about his personality... that he was a cruel, paranoid type who shot 85 chipmunks around the house is obvious. But with all of this, he might be smarter than it looks and a better planner. I believe it was not in the spur of the moment, but carefully planned, and he knew what mistakes not to make.
I also want to follow the money. Was the safe swiped for DNA?

Last edited:
The blue tarp coming out of the vehicle is very interesting to me. I would think this means they found something related to a crime. I am hoping and wishing it is the recovery of SM. However, if not related to this particular case I hope it solves another. Jmo
Very hopefull about this - sitting with my fingers crossed. Maybe a tip into the fbi -by someone watching the news about the preliminary hearing? And their memory was jogged or they recently saw something and realized it could be a connection. The location is really a good fit with his traveling radius - and his trip to Broomfield

MOO IMO

As we await more news or some confirmation as to whether the FBI evidence search at Berthoud Pass is related to SM’s case, I thought I would dig into the known timeline we have so far (many thanks to the contributors of this timeline), to determine when BM would have placed SM’s body at this location IMO.

I believe he could have done it in the 6hr window between Sat night 5/9 and Sun morning 5/10.

What we know about BM’s movements, with my notes interjected as indicated by the ^^^^ arrows:

Saturday 5/9

9:25 pm Truck gear goes into reverse and goes back 95 feet in driveway

9:52 pm truck door closes

^^^^ I had previously theorized that this action was BM backing up his trailer from the garage to the spot in the driveway where helicopter news footage would show his trailer and bobcat parked at the house. It took him about 30 mins to unhitch the trailer, unload the bobcat and secure everything.

10:17 pm BM phone out of airplane mode

10:18 pm – 4:32 am (5\10) BM’s phone plugged in at PP*** (d)

^^^^ It is presumed that BM’s phone was plugged in at home, in airplane mode, for approximately 6 hrs. Therefore, the belief is that his truck was also at home during this time (while he was sleeping next to SM).

^^^^ I theorize he could have taken one of the other family vehicles without GPS tracking and driven to Berthoud Pass. If he was on the road by 10:25p and going above the speed limit, he could have made it there within 2hr and 15min, putting his arrival time around 12:40am. If he tossed SM’s body over the edge of the cliff and then was on the road back home by 1:00am, his arrival time to PP would have been around 3:15am.

Sunday 5/10/21

2:53 am SM Outgoing call on SM’s phone

3:25-3:49 am BM car door opened 4 times and closed 3 times

^^^^ After getting home from his trek to Berthoud Pass, the activity with his truck picks up. He starts to prepare to leave for Bloomfield.

3:58 am BM cell moves from home to near 225/50 where bike found

^^^^ He is now leaving the house to set his Broomfield alibi in motion. He may have headed to MG’s apartment at this point as she had said she heard his truck outside her apartment around 4:30am.

4:22-4:23 am SM last signal from phone, quite away from home, near a park. Not connected to cell tower. (@NoSI)

4:30 am SM’s last phone ping near Poncha Springs (from Tweet)

4:31 am BM phone into airplane mode

4:32 am BM phone unplugged*** (d), contradicts BM cell at 50/225 at 3:58

ETU between 4:32 and 5:00 am BM turns west (left) on US50 because he was following an elk, should have turned east, (right) to go to Bloomfield

^^^^ This would have taken place after leaving MG’s apartment

5:37 am BM phone off airplane mode near Johnson Village turning on 285 heading towards Denver/Bloomfield

5:38 am BM text HMD to his mom

^^^^ At this point he was well on his way to Broomfield via Hwy 285 per his statement. The truck data would not show any association to Berthoud Pass because it was sitting at his home while he used another vehicle to dispose of SM’s body between approximately 10pm on Sat 5/9 and 4am on Sun 5/10.

IMO MOO

(Apologies if others posted something similar already in the time it took me to compile this)

eta: formatting

Excellent work!

The coffee and proof of life photo mean nothing. In the proof of life photo, a bikini cannot be scene. No one knows what she was wearing. As for the coffee cup, if it was Suzanne’s, it could have been left there from Saturday.

I disagree, and for the record I am NOT defending BM. I am pointing out weak points and that's an important part of being able to convi him!

The proof of life photo is critical. It is the last time there is proof she was alive outside of BM's lies. That is what really solidifies a timeline.

The bikini was found because the straps matched the photo. The D is trying to say BM came home and saw her do that. If so why was it clean, no tears, no rips, no blood? I think this is a stretch on the D's part but none the less all they are trying to do is create reasonable doubt.

The coffee cup is also important. To me it indicates a pattern disruption. SM was clean, always picked up after herself. Why would she leave it out? What if it had other DNA on the cup? What if there were drugs in the remaining coffee?

Her prescription she was found to have picked up at Wal Mart on May 6th was not found, nor was the bottle or the towel she was lying on outside. Those are compelling reasons to me, to investigate thoroughly all of the above.

JMO

Barry's timeline Sunday morning going to Broomfield.

"Around 5:37 a.m., Morphew was heading towards Buena Vista, driving through Johnson Village."

@LaurenScharfTV
·
Aug 10

Takes about 32 minutes to drive to Johnson Village from #BarryMorphew home. Neilsen said this is according to Google directions. Based on phone data, he is in Johnson Village at 5:37 am.

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

"Do you think there is time to dispose of a human body in that time?" Neilsen asked. "No there is not," Agent Grusing replied.
3:21 PM · Aug 10, 2021

At 8:10 a.m. he stopped at an RTD bus stop in Broomfield off Highway 36. His passenger door opened, and according to data, it took him about two minutes to throw something away that was a few feet from his truck.

Morphew then went to the Holiday Inn Express in Broomfield, where he made another trash run. At 8:25 a.m. Morphew walked into the hotel and went to his room at 8:38 a.m."

SUZANNE MORPHEW: Where was Barry Morphew on May 9 and 10? | FOX31 Denver

Google maps show Johnson Village to Broomfield RTD bus stop via HWY 285 as 2 hrs 23 minutes.
Google Maps

My math sucks (asking for help :D) Johnson Village to Bus Stop = 5:37 to 8:10 = 2 hrs 33 minutes? Assuming one goes the speed limit ;)
Your math is perfect. :)

Using Google maps:
Johnson Village to Breckenridge 1:15
Breckenridge to Bertoud Pass 1:15
Berthoud Pass to Broomfield 1:15

Total 3:45 hours. Plus dump/turn around time = 4 hours. There simply is not enough time driving in mountains between 5:37am and 8:10am which is only 2:33 hours, as you note.

MOO

I hope you're right just because that would mean they found her or something relating to her -- but if he was dumping evidence in an unrelated trip than the Broomfield "job", wouldn't he have gone in a different direction than where his "alibi" placed him?

MOO
He did throw the helmet the opposite way. Maybe was hoping they would look here and not there. In his mind he may think they would never look the direction he went that morning for his Bloomfield job. Jmo

Let me know if I’m on the right track here. It doesn’t matter what road he took to Bloomfield early in the am for his job as that is a different trash dumping trip ..oh yeah and 10 minutes of work and 6 hours watching TV.

Jmo - He most likely disposed of her body from 10 pm - 3:30 am while his phone was left home. So I’m thinking IF FBI are looking for evidence of SM at Berthoud Pass he took 70 (in the Range Rover) and got off then turned around and went back home accounting for those 5 missing hours. Once home, he turned his phone on, got in his car and set up the bike and helmet scenes. Took garbage and headed to Bloomfield using the 285 route. Almost picked MG up but had too much stuff with him to dispose of so changed his mind in case she saw something. All Moo
That makes more sense at 3 hours each way.

it is actually right on the route from Salida to Broomfield and about 2:40 hours away - quick exit and drive off rte 70 then on to Broomfield.
Not too quick a side trip. Ita fast uo to ablut Berthoud Falls 10 minutes, but then up thw switch backs a adda time.
BM is documented as passing through
Buena Vista at 5:37am ans arriving at the RTD bus loop trash can area at 8:10 am.
There is only 7 minutes discrepenacy with hia time and
google maps route time.
Speeding I am sure he could have about 20 minutes for a sode trip, but that onmy gets to the falls.
Very hopefull about this - sitting with my fingers crossed. Maybe a tip into the fbi -by someone watching the news about the preliminary hearing? And their memory was jogged or they recently saw something and realized it could be a connection. The location is really a good fit with his traveling radius - and his trip to Broomfield
With so short a time to take a sidw trip, I would think it another trash run.
Sunrise at Winterpark 5:52am.
Last snow was in March.

Why would she do this on Mother's Day weekend? And why in the family fireplace? Was she planning on going missing? Why didn't she just take the journal? LE said they found other journals but not "the journal" that the daughters said she kept near her Bible.

Barry could have spied on it at any time, as it was sitting in plain view in the little anteroom just outside their first floor master bedroom with her Bible and her AA book.

Good point!

I getting ahead of myself though. I can't conclusively say pieces of bookbinding equals Suzanne's missing journal.

Link is taking me to Kansas
omg i'm so sorry...i have no idea why cause it takes me to the spot....i feel like some people are able to open? maps are not my forte and I am not sure how to get you out of Kansas.

How about this. Do these coordinates help?
39.836452591663125, -105.76052620400327

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member