Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I don't think that's what he meant at all. I think we're getting a look at the "real" Barry ...
I assumed hyperbole....like......I've gone to Denver 1000 times. Obviously no one has a life long enough to deploy 400 times at 2-3 year intervals.
He sure had a lot of loaded pauses in there, as though looking for the right words, or as someone else pointed out sorting through what he is "supposed" to know as opposed to what he does know. IMO

Last edited:
It has been said that he was using a camera on a stick, something like a go pro. A cell phone wouldnt have kept the view or quality with all that moving around. Jmo
I had watched a few of TDs videos before he posted the BM "interview". It appeared to me that he uses a cell phone or camera on a Gimbal. When he shot video it was stable and he switched from portrait to landscape with ease ( I noticed the switch when he panned out while filming a large poster of SM at the Walmart parking lot). One of the features of some are that you can enable "tracking" by using a gesture (often a palm) It keeps the subject in the middle of the frame. I would guess that is what he was trying to do when we saw him hit the camera with his palm a number of times.... JMO

Last edited:
What if the 200 mile radius was searched by drones? Possible.

And everyone says he knows he was being filmed? Then why give information that’s untruthful when he knows LE can fact check him? I see him as being truthful.
LE doesn't communicate with the public on a daily basis (and rarely contradicts a suspect publicly) but the media does. I think that BM is actively trying to play the spin/PR game with the public and with all of his associates, family, friends, new acquaintances, anyone/everyone, every chance he gets. Remember how the church back in Indiana immediately got a report of "a mountain lion attack"--who would have put that out there except for BM or one of his relatives, at his direction? Just an example of how he's taking every opportunity to spin things his way. Bad people openly lie , even if they know they might be fact-cheked. Someone will believe them, and that's what counts. Look at our politicians who do this every day. They openly lie and hope that by the time they're fact-checked, the public has moved on or they miss that news flash.

I assumed hyperbole....like......I've gone to Denver 1000 times. Obviously no one has a life long enough to deploy 400 times at 2-3 year events.
He sure had a lot of loaded pauses in that interview, as though looking for the right words, or as someone else pointed out sorting through what he is "supposed" to know as opposed to what he does know. IMO
Agree. I feel like the exaggerations were his way of trying to establish credibility on those points, and the long pauses were where he forgot his memorized parts.

You bring up some good thoughts to consider. The one thing that keeps me from believing that the beginning of her disappearance started anywhere but at her home, is the immediate reaction from LE. I cant wrap my mind around calling in the FBI and dogs so fast if the thought was that SM could have simply been out on a bike ride. The next day maybe? But not after a couple hours. In my mind, something at home triggered LE and the whole bike scenario is an afterthought. Jmho.
I tend to agree with you. The only scenario that I can come up with is if someone who maybe worked for BM (and did work at the house) who was stalking SM is the prime suspect. Would SM willingly get into the car with someone who worked for BM? Maybe. It still makes the rest of the scene (bike in the ravine, personal item elsewhere) a little difficult to reconcile, but I guess it's feasible.

The complete video is up at other sites, including an interview with the videographer after the fact at the same site/video.

If the rights were sold, and this other site had downloaded it.. not sure if the rights demand the other site to take it down too?

Interesting legally.
Agree that the legal aspects are interesting. I know TD’s videos are no longer available. Not just the ones about Suzanne’s case. And we are speculating he was asked to remove the video by LE. But if that is the case, why are all his videos gone now?

I just went back to the video linked in the crime online article, and I think AJ has removed the part of the audio where BM asks TD to “put that away” and TD replies “it isn’t even on, bro”. She has not deleted the text overlay, however. (She only transcribed BM, though.) I’m pretty certain it was part of the audio before? IMO.

And her video still remains available online, with at least this change. IMO, the fact that her copy of the video (and those of other YT vloggers) is still online, but TD’s is not, makes me think the removal by TD is more about him than it is the case or LE request.

I find it hard to believe that LE had TD remove his videos but AJ, dwap, etc., have not been asked to remove theirs?

Last edited:
By he way, there was a 3rd video as well ... Ty’s observations and reactions to his interview with Barry. As for what was being hauled, we don’t know, but apparently they were on their way to Walmart ... according to Ty’s post-interview report he saw them there himself, much to his (Ty’s) surprise. Indeed, it was quite a day for Ty!

Maybe it wasn't a surprise at all. Maybe he followed them to Walmart.

I Just watched the video of Barry, being somewhat interviewed ...and this is my moopinion. It is just way to convenient for that guy to just walk up to Barry and start chatting. Its almost like they know each other (wink wink).. I think it was a set-up between the both of them. Barry just happened to be right around the corner from that guy. The guy doing the camera work didn't seem to be worried at all...wonder why? I could be way off base on this ...just a thought

Just my moopinion
This was definitely NOT set up ahead of time. Just because it's unusual doesn't mean it's a set-up. Truth is stranger than fiction! Sometimes in life, these odd things happen. For it to be a set-up, they both would have needed to get something substantial out of it, and for BM, that would mean something significant that helped "prove" his innocence. This conversation was extremely brief and very little new information was revealed, and certainly nothing that was game-changing. In fact, he almost slipped up and revealed a few things that he shouldn't have, and he stopped himself. Moreoever, the "interviewer" went onto another YouTuber's channel (Dad With a Camera) and did an interview where he said he got a very bad vibe from BM and when he looked into his eyes, he could tell that he seemed very ill at ease and uncomfortable and he didn't believe him at all. Would two people involved in a set-up set these outcomes as a goal? Remember, they could easily have deleted this supposedly set-up interview dozens of times to "get it right" and they didn't do that.

I tend to agree with you. The only scenario that I can come up with is if someone who maybe worked for BM (and did work at the house) who was stalking SM is the prime suspect. Would SM willingly get into the car with someone who worked for BM? Maybe. It still makes the rest of the scene (bike in the ravine, personal item elsewhere) a little difficult to reconcile, but I guess it's feasible.
It sounds as if biking was her thing. So it would make sense to me that someone could easily "make it appear" she went on a bike ride, where it "appeared" that something happened to her. As for suspect, Idk. If I give any credit to what BM says or claims to know, LE needs DNA. Thats a quote from the video. If true, that kind of tells me that so far they dont have any clues, per se, of any person who didnt belong in the house. So according to him, they are searching for things that would have her DNA on them (ie the mens pile of clothes he said they found). Moo.

But wouldn't LE just bring this guy in and ask him if it was set up? Wouldn't that be used as additional evidence against him if it was set up? Seems doubtful that it was a setup.
YES! Why would a stranger ever collude with a possible SUSPECT in a murder? That's ridiculous and insane. You could easily get yourself in massive trouble if the police started wondering what your connection / motivations are and why you would "fake" an interview to skew the facts or public opinion/LE authorities. NO WAY would someone do this just for YouTube views. This was NOT a set-up. This is a possible murder case--no one in their right mind (like this YouTuber) would do this.

Last edited:
His buddies covered 200 mile radius.....How far is Denver from the site they were standing?

I think he was simply misusing the word radius and actually was meaning 200 miles of road. Not all land in all directions. Careless use of language (which IMO lots of people do, so not necessarily implying nervous/guilty) plus tendency to exaggerate.

IMO MOO

Until that worksite dig, I thought maybe this poor woman was buried in a clandestine grave somewhere familiar to the person responsible. I still go back to that thought today because it’s possible they were looking for other evidence but not human remains. Sadly, like many, I don’t believe she’s alive and was probably deceased immediately after whatever event happened.

IMO, the person responsible is known to her. Think many of us agree with this. It could be by the person she should be able to trust the most or someone else. I do believe this family was connected to many people through their personal lives, work, church, etc. The key is the person is known to her, IMO. That can spread the suspect pool out more.

I don’t believe this was a random crime of opportunity or a weirdo that saw her in a grocery store one day and followed her home, then waited for the moment to strike. IMO, local, state and federal investigators don’t get involved with misadventure cases. So that one is ruled out for me. Wild animal attack. That’s a hard pass for me.

Whoever this person is, IMO, would be familiar with her day-to-day activities. I’m talking well beyond a bike ride.

At this moment, I don’t believe the murder event happened in the home. I think it’s possible the remains site is not that far away from where she was murdered. In this scenario, did she willingly leave with a trusted person or did a trusted person show up at the home uninvited? But then that damn bike keeps giving me pause. Tomorrow, I will probably change my mind….

Beyond the surreptitious Manner of taking the video, what about him gave you that impression? Sketchy? Did you see both videos?

You didn't ask me but but I have an opinion. He started with a lie and then lied again several times under the pretense of being sympathetic and caring towards BM. Then he revealed his true motivations and feelings about BM by speaking into his filming device as soon as BM was out of earshot. Sleazy.

But, bottom line; he proved himself within the first few seconds of filming to be a liar. That's enough for me. I don't trust liars.... from the moment they tell their first lie until they stop speaking.

Why would LE worry about about speculation about BM? They have asked that the rumors stop, haven't they? The spent considerable resources investigating a tip that proved to be unrelated to the case. They still have a tip line, don't they? imo, finding SM is far more a priority with LE and BM than "clearing" BM or having to waste their time asking that unfounded rumors stop.

JMO
Agree to disagree :)

I don’t think we know what LE found related to this case as of yet.

As far as being cleared, I always think of Marc Klass, who did anything and everything to clear his name, so that LE could focus on finding his daughter. MOO

Until that worksite dig, I thought maybe this poor woman was buried in a clandestine grave somewhere familiar to the person responsible. I still go back to that thought today because it’s possible they were looking for other evidence but not human remains. Sadly, like many, I don’t believe she’s alive and was probably deceased immediately after whatever event happened.

IMO, the person responsible is known to her. Think many of us agree with this. It could be by the person she should be able to trust the most or someone else. I do believe this family was connected to many people through their personal lives, work, church, etc. The key is the person is known to her, IMO. That can spread the suspect pool out more.

I don’t believe this was a random crime of opportunity or a weirdo that saw her in a grocery store one day and followed her home, then waited for the moment to strike. IMO, local, state and federal investigators don’t get involved with misadventure cases. So that one is ruled out for me. Wild animal attack. That’s a hard pass for me.

Whoever this person is, IMO, would be familiar with her day-to-day activities. I’m talking well beyond a bike ride.

At this moment, I don’t believe the murder event happened in the home. I think it’s possible the remains site is not that far away from where she was murdered. In this scenario, did she willingly leave with a trusted person or did a trusted person show up at the home uninvited? But then that damn bike keeps giving me pause. Tomorrow, I will probably change my mind….

I think you make a lot of sense. And while the list of people who could be known to SM is likely rather long, I believe it can be narrowed down considerably as this either would be a crime driven by motive (which I think would be a short list of possible motives to take/kill SM) or a crime of opportunity by a sick individual (which I think you could narrow down your list considerably by doing some due diligence on possible suspects). JMO, MOO.

I wonder if Ty took them down because of the huge angry public outcry. Can we allude to comments on the video? Huge public outcry/anger at him (Ty).
A YouTube content creator known as "Dad with a Phone" posted a video today where he discussed his communications with Tyson. He interviewed him yesterday (wonderful interview) and today, he reported that the poor guy has been so viciously attacked by people because of the extraordinary situation he lucked into and that he was kind enough to share with the rest of us. Remember, law enforcement can LIE to suspects and it's "okay," so why is Tyson's little white lie (to a possible murderer) being characterized as a horrible, disgusting act? It was done with the exact same intentions as law enforcement when they lie to suspects--to get to the truth. Apparently, a lot of other crime channels are bewildered and quite jealous that a "nobody" like Tyson lucked into this interview, so now they're focusing on a side issue--his minor lie--and they and the public are attacking him to the point that he's felt the need to disappear for a while. Very sad, but I'm not surprised. What motive would Tyson have to "fake" or stage an interview with a stranger like BM, who is a murder suspect, and risk getting himself arrested for helping a murder suspect, lying or misleading authorities, etc? People would rather go on the attack than take ten seconds to logically and rationally think this situation through.

The lack of the family being on TV everyday is still a red flag for me. I mean look at NG's tweet about the video - BOMBSHELL!!!! Clearly every crime show on the air would clear the decks to get the daughters on, which would lead to more people looking. If they think there's any chance it's an abduction, then wouldn't you want people every where looking - not just those in the immediate neighborhood? And if they think there's a chance it was an accident, or whatever, in the woods, wouldn't they still be out, every day, and talking about the searches on TV? Look at Kyron Horman, or Michelle Parker - that's how things are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA