Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm one of those pesky fence sitters :eek:;), I can see why things point to BM and do accept he is certainly coming across as mighty suspicious in his behaviours etc. but I am struggling as to the reason why he would harm his wife and the mother of his children - I mean they have been together a REALLY long time and would have faced some struggles during their time together. I did some reading on husbands killing their wives, and found some interesting things (interesting to me anyway) I read a number of articles/news articles/papers etc. one from the CDC (why does the Centre of Disease Control do studies on spousal killings? genuine question ) and from what I gathered women who co-habit are more likely to be killed than married women - 9 out of 10 co-habiting women, a married man is more likely to kill a 'mistress' particularly if they are younger and pregnant, the women would be most likely under 40, financial gain isn't always a motivator but jealousy if the wife wanted to move on was quite a big motivator - I did find that interesting, particularly in light of SM's illness and previous thoughts/opinions on here of her re-evaluating things, that made me think that SM wanted to re-direct her life and BM wasn't happy with the idea?
I read something by Dr Moncton Smith (Criminology Expert) - some of the British W/Sleuthers will know of her I would have thought - she stated there was an '8 stage pattern' that Uroxicide (think I spelt that correctly) follows - there was some points for discussion in there I feel such as 1,2,3,4,6 and 7 (although I am unclear whether some of them could be discussed here as we don't know what they were like and what relationship dynamics were when they first met etc. and as this was on BBC News - I don't know if its verified?). I am not too tech savvy though and cant seem to copy the links properly - just my thoughts, thanks for letting me share and sorry if I bored any of you :).

I read a little on her 8 steps. True we can't apply much to them, with the scant details we have. But note that a controlling aspect is important. Some here feel that BM has been used to running things .....moo
Head of communications Teresa Parker said: "We know that controlling and coercive behaviour underpins the vast majority of domestic homicides, and this important study shows why it is vital that we take non-physical abuse as seriously as physical abuse when considering a woman's safety.
Killers 'follow pattern' in domestic abuse cases

There is zero evidence he did anything to Suzanne, so why do you and so many on here think he is guilty?? Not an insider, just taking what I see!

Yes it's beating a dead horse alright.
Well as you can see, there is a solid basis for believing BM did this. In short, it’s clear the people who know the evidence believe that.

This isn’t based on emotion, a feeling, a sense, Facebook photos, or anything of the sort.

It’s better than saying “BM is innocent,” without ever presenting the basis for this conclusion.

Using evidence and reason, please make your case.

Different Biking Standards?
sbm @Feistyomi agreeing & imagining this convo.
Local mtn bike: Did you enjoy your ride?
Noob to CO mtn-biking: Whew, that 50 mile uphill run to Monarch Pass was a workout.
Local (walks away, mutters to self): What a weakling, sweating after a kiddie spin like that.

:Dj/k. :rolleyes:
I wonder if BM has recently taking up mountain biking and who he is inclined to bike trails with or who BM may have been jealous of who also shared an affinity for biking? IMO

Is LE searching for Suzanne?
Have they ever formed a search party to look for her?
Have they ever given any indication that they were actually searching for a missing person?
In their last press release, 9 July, they call it a missing person case. Or rather that seems to be their 'official' stance at this point.

I read a little on her 8 steps. True we can't apply much to them, with the scant details we have. But note that a controlling aspect is important. Some here feel that BM has been used to running things .....moo
Head of communications Teresa Parker said: "We know that controlling and coercive behaviour underpins the vast majority of domestic homicides, and this important study shows why it is vital that we take non-physical abuse as seriously as physical abuse when considering a woman's safety.
Killers 'follow pattern' in domestic abuse cases

True - might have been interesting to have been the proverbial 'fly on the wall'

What did you hear, can you timestamp? I have listened 3 times because of this post....still not hearing any indication that she was biker.
Camera glitch, PE interview with TD mentioned she had not had repairs at AB since 2018, several times. Also referenced her repairs since had been done by Scott, former mechanic at AB. IMO, the 2018 would have meant she had been biking for at least that long, longer as AB didn’t indicate the dates they had serviced her bikes, before then. hope that helps. Im assuming she biked before the move, but that wasn’t addressed in this video.

Not to beat a dead horse, but to beat a dead horse:

Because law enforcement didn’t believe she was abducted (no official poster with physical description, no frequent communication, no timeline, no last images).

That tells us the bike was staged, which only a person close to the victim does.

Because they sealed off the home quickly, and conducted two separate searches there.

Because the FBI spent 3 days digging up private property that BM worked on.

Because law enforcement continues to be silent, despite being active.****

Because we have a man behaving contrary to just about every loving spouse ever, in a situation like this.

Because we’ve seen this movie before.
Hear, hear! ^^5 stars *****

In their last press release, 9 July, they call it a missing person case. Or rather that seems to be their 'official' stance at this point.
Yeah, it’s the same as the Gannon Stauch case.

If it wasn’t so serious, their official stance would have been laughable. We saw major searches, one that also including sifting.

Then we saw multiple searches of the house, which they claimed to have been standard procedure.

We knew better then, and know better now (speaking for me).

Strange you should mention that. Why would anyone try to cover up a REAL accident??

I, and others close to me, had a very dear friend that died due to a frightful accident in the home about 5 years ago. Her husband, was on a fishing trip with his buddies and brother about 3 hrs away. Her bags were packed as she was leaving the next day right after work to fly to the other end of the country to meet her first granddaughter. She didn’t turn up for work. Co worker reaches son-in-law, who calls best friend, who calls husband at work to go check on her. He found her at the base of the steps in her nightly, dead and had likely been there since the night before. Now THAT was an accident. We all suspect she tripped up on the dog at the top of the stairs. Husband never suspected, at ALL.

SM didn’t have an accident. Not at home and not on the trail on her bike.

Oops! Forgot my MOO!!

That’s horrible, what a travesty for that entire family, I’m sorry. So you’ve been close to what the “normal” reaction would Likely be in such a traumatizing event, which sounds much different than the way this has played out. IMO the only somewhat normal reaction has been the daughters beginning to panic as they couldn’t reach their mother.

Not everyone acts or reacts the same way, that we know. We do know that it’s highly emotional and if it were an “accident” there would be evidence indicating such.

IMO, the neighbor was instructed to go to the house and also uncovered something maybe she wasn’t supposed to see. Either on camera or upon entering the home. With so much space between homes, she had to have been given the location of the spare key, what bike and where to look for it. She had to enter the home and make her way to the garage. In such a big home, she would have been carefully directed in what to look for. I said long ago, even my closest friends couldn’t come to my home and tell you a bike was missing, no way. They would need specific instructions to look for X bike normally located near _______.

I wonder if BM has recently taking up mountain biking and who he is inclined to bike trails with or who BM may have been jealous of who also shared an affinity for biking? IMO
I know it probably sounds like a dumb question at this point, but I don't recall anyone, LS, TD, the Profiling Evil guys or anyone else asking if BM has a bike or goes on rides. I've always assumed or got the impression that he didn't, but there is no confirmation.

After watching the latest Profiling Evil youtube, I want to comment on the surveillance video signs TD referenced.

My understanding of the video comment is that there are numerous signs posted on or near the biking trail (a sign not too far from where the bike was allegedly found).

While it's unknown if the signs are by Parks & Recreation, CDOT, or other, we recently learned during the Mackenzie Lueck murder investigation that both the video surveillance warning signs and mounted cameras in the City Park were bogus! The mounted cameras were actually dummies installed by the city with the intent to discourage crime.

City officials later cited that the cost of equipment and maintenance prohibited the use of real cameras prompting immediate fundraising and awareness efforts by ML's friends. MOO

What TD said in his interview with the P.E. guys: both he and LS looked everywhere for cameras and didn't see any at all. He was wondering where these cameras could have been. They didn't notice any up in the trees either. So... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’ve known a few avid bikers both road and mountain and trust me, BM’s body does not “scream” mountain biker :) More like pumping iron and downing some steroids.
JMHO

They can't yet say it's a homicide or declare her dead until there's something beyond just assumption or suspicion. They may get to that point, but right now they're sticking with what they do know and can prove (missing).

Well as you can see, there is a solid basis for believing BM did this. In short, it’s clear the people who know the evidence believe that.

This isn’t based on emotion, a feeling, a sense, Facebook photos, or anything of the sort.

It’s better than saying “BM is innocent,” without ever presenting the basis for this conclusion.

Using evidence and reason, please make your case.
^^ Yes, thank you!

I think if it happened like that, the initial blow would have made him realize he went too far. That, in and of itself, didn’t kill her. It’s tough to kill someone with a single blow, although not impossible.

I think he would have realized that what he did changed the game, and he strangled her.
If you realize that a person is mortally wounded and you willing decline to aid, assist or seek a medical intervention; is that murder?

I know it probably sounds like a dumb question at this point, but I don't recall anyone, LS, TD, the Profiling Evil guys or anyone else asking if BM has a bike or goes on rides. I've always assumed or got the impression that he didn't, but there is no confirmation.

True. Only hobby we know for BM is killing animals. (Apologies to all true hunters) moo

What TD said in his interview with the P.E. guys: both he and LS looked everywhere for cameras and didn't see any at all. He was wondering where these cameras could have been. They didn't notice any up in the trees either. So... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lesson learned that because there are posters and signs everywhere advising criminals that they are being watched means nothing. Do yourselves a favor and invest in a Ring or something. Especially in the current times. Danger lurks around every corner and if not for us then a neighbor or loved one. IMO

If you realize that a person is mortally wounded and you willing decline to aid, assist or seek a medical intervention; is that murder?

You betcha it could be considered murder, if you caused the injury and you just let the person die.

See: Chante Jawan Mallard case (sentenced to 50 yrs in prison)

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member